PDA

View Full Version : The Wrestler on DVD

Okla-homey
5/2/2009, 05:23 AM
saw it last night.

dang fine film. Kind of a "Rocky" except the protagonist's love interest works in a tittay bar instead of a pet shop and it has a much darker, but similarly triumphant, ending. Don't get me wrong, its not a "feel good" film. Its rough and seedy, kinda like the Rust Belt towns in which it's set. Oh, and you get to see Marissa Tomei nekkid a lot. Which is nice.

StoopTroup
5/2/2009, 01:07 PM
It kind of creeped me out...

Maybe it was just to damn real.

Okla-homey
5/2/2009, 01:20 PM

I have never been a rasslin' watcher. I surmised from the movie they occasionally staged throwdowns in which they were allowed to use household and shop items against one another. Like staple guns and step-ladders.

That guy stapling the five dollar bill to his own forehead was off the chain.:eek:

StoopTroup
5/2/2009, 01:30 PM
Some of the different rasslin events have the more extreme stuff. Cage Matches are pretty lame compared to some of the the "Off the Chain" Events.

Okla-homey
5/2/2009, 01:31 PM
WTF is Bri on this? The man lives for rasslin.' In fact, he's a walking rasslin' 'cylerpeedie.

King Crimson
5/2/2009, 01:33 PM
I was planning to see it one afternoon a few weeks ago but something came up. my next free afternoon, it was gone.

StoopTroup
5/2/2009, 01:38 PM
I just want to know if Marissa is available for a Private Party.

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/mickey_rourke_and_marisa_tomei_in_the_wrestler.jpg

Okla-homey
5/2/2009, 01:42 PM
I was planning to see it one afternoon a few weeks ago but something came up. my next free afternoon, it was gone.

It's really worth a look.

BudSooner
5/3/2009, 04:26 AM
It's really worth a look.

I watched it on a whim, lemme just say...WOW, that was the best show i've watched in awhile. Mickey was incredible, Tomei was as usual great.
I didn't think the screen time with his daughter was enough, whoever she is will be great in other films....those scenes had a great impact on the whole movie.

***** stars man, must see.

Lott's Bandana
5/3/2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks Counselor, I'll prolly watch it tonight.

COX - ON Demand has it on my box.

SoonerTroll
5/4/2009, 09:08 AM
Darran A's films are pretty good. Wrestler might be the best, althour Requiem for a Dream was pretty good (hella depressing). Pi and the fountain were very far out and were interesting, but not great.

Lott's Bandana
5/4/2009, 10:41 AM
Watched it last night.

The movie is fairly unremarkable and predictable.

However...

Mickey was simply, that guy. His performance was scary-good.

Small example:
The scene where he goes to his daughter's front door to reestablish a relationship is brilliant. The way he fidgets and looks terrified standing there waiting was so subtle, yet completely believable.

I haven't seen Milk yet, but everyone that has seen both has said Penn stole that stature.

Fraggle145
5/4/2009, 10:45 AM
Watched it last night.

The movie is fairly unremarkable. However...

Mickey was simply, that guy. His performance was scary-good.

Small example:
The scene where he goes to his daughter's front door to reestablish a relationship is brilliant. The way he fidgets and looks terrified standing there waiting was so subtle, yet completely believable.

I haven't seen Milk yet, but everyone that has seen both has said Penn stole that stature.

I wonder who's dick he was suckin?

Heh :D couldnt resist.

soonerinabilene
5/4/2009, 05:37 PM

"Its still real to me, dammit!"

SoonerStormchaser
5/4/2009, 06:27 PM

Haven't you heard? Ghey films are the new it thing for Hollywood awards shows...just look at that POS film Brokeback Mountain!

def_lazer_fc
5/4/2009, 11:18 PM
Haven't you heard? Ghey films are the new it thing for Hollywood awards shows...just look at that POS film Brokeback Mountain!

brokeback mountain was pretty damn good though. even if that sort of stuff gives you the creeps personally. :rolleyes: