PDA

View Full Version : Tough offseason for Mizzou..

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/1/2009, 11:51 PM
First they lose Daniel, Maclin and Coffman. Now apparently their top recruit (by a longshot) Sheldon Richardson didn't qualify and has to go the Juco route and their QB recruit Blaine Dalton who was expected to compete for the starting job right away was busted intoxicated with a fake ID and a bunch of Vicodin.

2009 could be a real long year for MU.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2009, 12:08 AM
Gary Pinkel and his lack of skills are about to be exposed

SoonerDood
5/2/2009, 02:41 AM
Predicted this last year when Pinkel signed that extension. He'll be lucky to see 2010.

King Crimson
5/2/2009, 07:40 AM
Pink is also replacing both coordinators, OC Dave Christensen to HC at Wyoming and DC Eberflus to Cleveland Browns LB coach. though, given the Tigers lack of D....the latter may not be a bad thing.

Jacie
5/2/2009, 07:49 AM
I guess those preseason projections of KU winning the North in 2009 might have some merit. Way to go, Mangino, for doing it the right way. Stinkel Pinkel should take notes.

Dr. Jelly Finger
5/2/2009, 11:53 AM
Pinkel is Einhorn.....

Einhorn is Pinkel.....

Laces out, Dan.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

goingoneight
5/2/2009, 01:35 PM
The last two years were probably their best teams in school history and they still were never on a level with the truly elite. Oklahoma and Texas exposed them early and often, even Okie Light beat up on them in Columbia.

The Chase Daniel era can be akkuratlee [hairGel] referred to as "nice," much like the Rutgers "run" the last few years. They caught a LOT of breaks along the way, like not always drawing Texas or OU in the regular season, playing big games at home, Nebraska being down, etc. Mizzou cannot sustain long-term, year-in, year-out success in the way an OU or TX can. 11 wins and a Cotton Bowl is a magical ride to most programs. Don't believe me, go read an Ole Miss message board. Next behind Mizzou to fall hard could be Okie Light when they lose Robinson, Bryant and possibly "Spud" in 2010, will test Gundy as a coach again.

jumperstop
5/2/2009, 01:51 PM
Next behind Mizzou to fall hard could be Okie Light when they lose Robinson, Bryant and possibly "Spud" in 2010, will test Gundy as a coach again.

As much as I hate spiky hair Gundy and OSU, I think he is a better coach and has a better program going than Pinkle and Mizzou. We'll see how it goes the next few years though. The only problem is that they have to play Stoops' and Macky Brown's teams every year.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/2/2009, 01:57 PM
I see Mizzou falling hard and fast and staying down, while Okie Lite will continue to be up and down. At least the latter has an ounce or two of tradition.

goingoneight
5/2/2009, 02:00 PM
... in basketball.

Salt City Sooner
5/2/2009, 02:01 PM
I guess those preseason projections of KU winning the North in 2009 might have some merit. Way to go, Mangino, for doing it the right way. Stinkel Pinkel should take notes.
KU, IMO, is the best team in the North for the upcoming year. Unfortunately, I also think their schedule will be their undoing. Their South slate: @ Tech, @ Texas, & OU in Lawrence.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/2/2009, 02:08 PM
As bad as the north is, losing only three games could be enough to win it.

Blitzkrieg
5/3/2009, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't praise Mangino on "doing it right" until you reviewed some police rap sheets for both programs. Pinkel probably has the shortest leash of any coach in this league when it comes to throwing problem kids off the team. He is very strict and tough.

KU has had some embarassing events latelty, they just don't make much news onless they invlove a bball player.

SoonernAR
5/3/2009, 06:38 PM
KU will win the north, Nebraska is slowly crawling back into contention.

OUAlumni1990
5/4/2009, 08:32 PM
Gary Pinkel and his lack of skills are about to be exposed

I thought that has already been done thanks to OU :D

Crimson Kid
5/5/2009, 09:48 AM
I thought that has already been done thanks to OU :D

Yup, and it was their best teams of all time lol.

*Goes and watches last years b12 championship*