PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma dominates 2010 mock draft

JLEW1818
4/30/2009, 06:00 PM
I know this is still a year away, but holly ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what Todd McShay thinks. (he's one of the few bright ones on espn)

The dust has barely settled following the 2009 draft, but that doesn't mean it's too early to look ahead to 2010, and below is Scouts Inc.'s very early look at how things could unfold in the first round in 2010.

The biggest story at this point is Oklahoma's domination of the draft board. The Sooners have the No. 1 overall pick in QB Sam Bradford but also have four of the top six selections and five projected first-rounders overall. Five offensive or defensive linemen land in the top 10 along with two quarterbacks, a tight end, a safety and a linebacker.

Only players who are entering their fourth year on campus are a part of this projection, including Bradford and Penn State OLB Navorro Bowman. The order of our first round reflects Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson's revamped power rankings -- which take into account the playoffs, free agency and the 2009 draft -- in reverse.

So, with the first pick in the 2010 NFL mock draft, the St. Louis Rams select …

1. St. Louis Rams -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
College football's most accurate passer could emerge as the top overall pick in 2010. The Rams should be in position to draft their future franchise quarterback after passing on Mark Sanchez in this year's draft.

2. Cleveland Browns -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Suh is an underrated talent with quickness, power and versatility.

3. Detroit Lions -- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
The Lions should be in the market for a starting left tackle to protect the blind side of 2009 No. 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford.

4. Oakland Raiders -- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Oakland drafted a wide receiver (Darrius Heyward-Bey) at No. 7 overall this year rather than solidifying its offensive line with OT Eugene Monroe. The Raiders shouldn't make the same mistake in 2010.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
The Chiefs will have some bigger needs along the offensive and defensive lines, but Gresham projects as the premier tight end in the 2010 class. He could become the replacement for future Hall of Fame TE Tony Gonzalez, who was traded to the Falcons, providing QB Matt Cassell a legitimate pass-catching threat over the middle.

6. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) -- Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
A year from now the Seahawks could be in the market for Matt Hasselbeck's future replacement and don't be surprised if McCoy emerges as a top-10 pick by then.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
The Jaguars need to replenish their interior defensive line and McCoy is college football's most disruptive tackle when he's healthy.

8. San Francisco 49ers -- Taylor Mays, S, USC
Offensive tackle is a big need area but Mays possesses freakish physical tools and could anchor the 49ers' secondary for many years. It should also be pointed out that Mays will have competition for the honor of being first safety off the 2010 draft board if Tennessee's Eric Berry leaves school early.

9. Green Bay Packers -- Adam Ulatoski, OT, Texas
Ulatoski has good feet for his size and could develop into a top offensive tackle prospect as a senior with improved technique and consistency.

10. San Francisco 49ers (from CAR) -- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
With the second of their two first-round selections, the 49ers could look to upgrade their offensive line or pass rush. Kindle is a great fit in this scenario as an undersized end with excellent speed off the edge and fluid hips that allow him to occasionally drop into coverage.

11. Washington Redskins -- Ciron Black, OT, LSU
Black is a bit overrated at this point, but he has the physical tools to emerge as a high first-round pick a year from now.

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
New defensive coordinator Jim Bates is looking to get bigger and stronger up front. Atkins fits the mold as a squatty, quick and strong defender. However, he needs to rebound from a somewhat disappointing 2008 season in order to emerge as a premier defensive tackle prospect in next year's class.

13. Denver Broncos (from CHI) -- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
Hughes is flying under the radar, but his initial burst and pass-rushing ability -- 15 sacks in 2008 -- could land him a spot in the middle of next year's first round.

14. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
Offensive tackle is the only need area the Bills failed to address in the most recent draft. As a result, expect the team to be in the market for a future starter such as Young a year from now.

15. Cincinnati Bengals -- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Spiller's speed and versatility could land him a spot in the mid-to-late portion of Round 1.

16. Miami Dolphins -- George Selvie, DE, South Florida
Selvie is a notch below elite in terms of physical tools, but his toughness and nonstop motor will be enticing to a team like the Dolphins.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=4110478&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft09%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d4110478

HOLLY BIG 12 !!!!!!!!!!!! PLAYERS WOW. AND LOOK AT ALL THE NFL TALENT FOR RED RIVER SHOOTOUT !!!!!

JLEW1818
4/30/2009, 06:01 PM
I seen the other mock thread, but this was too much to pass up on. and Oklahoma was in the tag line.. .hehehe

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 06:04 PM
9 of the top 10 Big XII players. Nice

SoonersBIG7
4/30/2009, 06:10 PM
Well he got one wrong for sure, Gerald will be first DT taken...

SoonersBIG7
4/30/2009, 06:12 PM
Also Floridumb brings back there whole defense plus all 11 back ups(thats crazy), but none of the NC defence in the top 16...

JLEW1818
4/30/2009, 06:23 PM
I could see Brandon Spikes being around 15. I thought Rey Mala was gonna be top 15, and see what happened. But yah big12 in the draft next year is crazy.

Sooner95
4/30/2009, 06:32 PM
I love Gresham..but I do not see any team selecting a TE that high. That position has never been known to go that high...this could change of course..

Also, let's be real here..I know this is mock...but we all know they'll be one or two players come out of know where and have outstanding years and crack the top 10...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2009, 07:56 PM
its not too early to look ahead to 2010, but its too early to look ahead accurately to 2010

Curly Bill
4/30/2009, 07:59 PM
its not too early to look ahead to 2010, but its too early to look ahead accurately to 2010

That's not akkurat...uh...er...wait...nm

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2009, 08:06 PM
look here is a 2010 mock
1. sam bradford
2. gerald mccoy
2. jermaine gresham
4. chris brown
5. demarco murray
6. brandon crow
7. travis lewis
8. brian jackson
9. chip ambres
10. jarrod reese

goingoneight
4/30/2009, 08:35 PM
11. Brian Jackson
12. Adron Tennell
13. Brandon Caleb
14. Brody Eldridge
15. Trent Williams
16. Brian Simmons
17. Auston English
18. Mike Balogun
19. Keenan Clayton
20. Carter Whitson

:D

soonerinabilene
4/30/2009, 08:46 PM
Colt McCoy is a phenomenal college qb, but is he big enough to be a top 10 pick?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2009, 10:09 PM
No..is arm strength is equal to graham harrell, he plays in an offense that is non NFLish, he's fragile..

tulsaoilerfan
4/30/2009, 10:25 PM
I love Gresham..but I do not see any team selecting a TE that high. That position has never been known to go that high...this could change of course..

Also, let's be real here..I know this is mock...but we all know they'll be one or two players come out of know where and have outstanding years and crack the top 10...

I think Keith Jackson was like number 13, and i'm not sure where Shockey went; those are the 2 First rounders that come to mind

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2009, 10:32 PM
Vernon Davis and San Francisco...number 6 I think

OSUAggie
5/1/2009, 12:39 AM
The soldier, Kellen Winslow part deux, was also #6 overall.

BornandBred
5/1/2009, 09:24 AM
The soldier, Kellen Winslow part d00sh, was also #6 overall.

fixed.

JLEW1818
5/1/2009, 12:15 PM
hahaha

sooner94
5/1/2009, 03:13 PM
Wow. 3 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 7. IF that happens, would have to be a record.

I don't see Trent going that high. He has graded out as our best lineman the last couple of years, but is he an elite LT? That's what it takes to go in the top 10- you gotta be a stud LT.

In any event, we will be well represented in Round 1 next year.

But I would rather be well represented in Pasadena if you know what I mean.:D