PDA

View Full Version : Justin Chaisson ................

Pages : [1] 2

Sooner24
4/29/2009, 06:25 PM
will not face felony charges per Dean Blevins.

goingoneight
4/29/2009, 06:26 PM
Who is the "source that I'm not ready tosay yet who" this time?

soonerfan28
4/29/2009, 06:27 PM
Al Jerkens says that he has to have couseling for a year. That was the plea.

Newsok.com

OU football: Signee Justin Chaisson has agreed to plea deal
Buzz up!By Jake Trotter - Staff Writer
Published: April 29, 2009
Oklahoma football signee Justin Chaisson, accused of holding a screwdriver to the neck of his ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her, has agreed to a plea deal that would have his three felony charges reduced to gross misdemeanors, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Clark County Courts said Wednesday.

Featured Gallery

Advertisement
As part of the deal, Chaisson waived his right to a preliminary hearing and pleaded no contest to a pair of misdemeanors, coercion and domestic battery, in justice court Wednesday morning, Clark County Courts information officer Michael Sommermeyer said.

As a result, a judge sentenced Chaisson to a year of domestic-violence counseling.

Chaisson’s case will now move to a May 6 hearing in district court, which handles gross misdemeanors and felonies.

There, if Chaisson pleads no contest to felony charges of assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment and coercion, the felonies will be reduced to gross misdemeanors, pending a judge’s approval, Sommermeyer said. It’s unclear what sentence Chaisson would face, though gross misdemeanor convictions can carry jail time.

Chaisson’s charges stem from a March 17 incident in which he was arrested for allegedly attacking his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend by forcing her into his car and threatening to kill her with a screwdriver.

The day before the alleged attack, the ex-girlfriend obtained a restraining order against Chaisson, but the charge for violating the order was thrown out April 19 after no representative for the plaintiff showed up in court.

Chaisson, a defensive end out of Las Vegas Bishop Gorman High School, was one of OU’s top prospects from the 2009 recruiting class.

Sooner football coach Bob Stoops or university officials are yet to comment on Chaisson’s status.

But if the felony charges are reduced, that would significantly improve Chaisson’s chances of being allowed to come to campus and play for the Sooners next fall.

Last spring, Atlanta native Josh Jarboe was allowed to keep his football scholarship and enroll at OU after his two felony gun charges were pleaded down to misdemeanors.

Jarboe, however, was eventually dismissed from the team when a YouTube video of him rapping about shooting people surfaced on the Internet days before the start of fall camp

Sooner24
4/29/2009, 06:31 PM
Dean also said that OU officals said since there were no felony charges he is still set to come to OU.

MojoRisen
4/29/2009, 06:37 PM
10 days in jail and 1 year of counseling is justice for this... I think it was blown out of proportion - although serious, he had never been in trouble before and he basically held her against her will for like 20 minutes and nobody was hurt physically. Hardly warrents Kidnapping charges and assault with deadly weapon charges..

I think he gets another chance and needs to be on a years probation with OU as well. Not a single freaking incident, if you drink beer do it in your room or not in public. NPD will be out for you....

Jello Biafra
4/29/2009, 06:48 PM
NPD will be out for you....

with our record in the last three weeks, i think his keys should be taken... don't give NPD a reason to even look in his direction.

Collier11
4/29/2009, 10:42 PM
I still say see ya later buddy, we dont need this negative pub. Ill trust Stoops though, I have no reason not to

colleyvillesooner
4/29/2009, 10:54 PM
DO. NOT. WANT.

picasso
4/29/2009, 11:09 PM
just keep him away from video cameras and youtube.

Collier11
4/29/2009, 11:11 PM
"Im chillin in the wilk, justa stabbin b*tches"

Collier11
4/29/2009, 11:12 PM
"Im chillin in the wilk, justa stabbin b*tches"

:eek:

Curly Bill
4/29/2009, 11:17 PM
Since he plays on defense, and if he truly likes to assault people, I say bring him on. Come game time we just point him in the right direction. :D

BoomerJ
4/30/2009, 12:03 AM
Do you think he'll wear his toolbelt to class....you never know when you might need a screwdriver.

Curly Bill
4/30/2009, 12:04 AM
Class nothing, I hope he wears it to the games.

DMAFB_Sooner08
4/30/2009, 12:12 AM
Do you think he'll wear his toolbelt to class....you never know when you might need a screwdriver.

Student athletes go to class...what a concept

badger
4/30/2009, 07:12 AM
People make mistakes and if they own up to them (as a "no contest" plea would seem to suggest) perhaps he deserves an absolute, last with NO exceptions final chance to make things right.

Stoops did this for Jarboe and we know how that turned out... it turned out well. Stoops was merciful in letter Josh try to turn things around, but when the kid continued to make bad decisions cut him loose. There were reports of teammates being upset at the decision, but considering the results of the season, it obviously didn't upset them too much.

So, I'll trust Stoops once again... but expect him to give Justin another (FINAL!) chance. If he forgets to wear his seatbelt or get insurance on his car then never show up to court, bye bye. He should probably avoid Youtube (or just people with cameras in general) as well.

MichiganSooner
4/30/2009, 07:28 AM
He also needs to stay out of the back of pickup trucks. He might fall off.

badger
4/30/2009, 07:33 AM
He also needs to stay out of the back of pickup trucks. He might fall off.

He also needs to not attend NBA games, lest OP.com starts chiming "Those tickets cost money! Where does he get the $20 to attend basketball games?!"

NormanPride
4/30/2009, 08:51 AM
Hopefully this is Dusty part 2 rather than Jarboe part 2.

yermom
4/30/2009, 09:07 AM
i can see where Dusty's thing was possibly an accident/misunderstanding. threatening a girl with a screwdriver to her neck isn't really the same thing.

i don't really get the difference between him getting charged for a felony or a misdemeanor. he did the same thing, the judge didn't change the crime, just how it goes on record. they aren't finding him not guilty, they are just slapping his wrist instead of tossing him in jail.

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 09:35 AM
i can see where Dusty's thing was possibly an accident/misunderstanding. threatening a girl with a screwdriver to her neck isn't really the same thing.

i don't really get the difference between him getting charged for a felony or a misdemeanor. he did the same thing, the judge didn't change the crime, just how it goes on record. they aren't finding him not guilty, they are just slapping his wrist instead of tossing him in jail.

I think it had to do more w/the fact that either they didn't have enough evidence to prove it or he didn't really do it.

Crucifax Autumn
4/30/2009, 09:56 AM
That's what the local news reports seemed to imply. Seemed to be that they all just wanted it to go away before anyone was further screwed.

MojoRisen
4/30/2009, 10:06 AM
I don't know, don't you think he should be facing a couple of years in Jail on the shelf with probation for this and not 30 years in Prison??? Just seems to fit the circumstances better than throwing him in prison with real kidnappers and killers. Crime has to fit the time - in this case it did not... He is 18 and that is no excuse but - I guarantee if he thought he would be looking at 30+ years that he would have taken another route.

I can see a kid, not realizing how serious he was breaking the law, people charged with this stuff- typically have records and the motive is more criminal than passionate. I think the DA did the right thing...

KingBarry
4/30/2009, 10:40 AM
Someone up above mentioned the girl was only held against her will for 20 minutes, and that "didn't warrant kidnapping charges."

Seems to me that's exactly what you get charged for, at least nowadays. I think in the infamous OJ Simpson hotel heist, they only "held" the memorabilia dealers for about 5 minutes, but kidnapping was one of the charges.

That said, I think everybody realizes that there is a difference between an 18 yr old losing his temper and forcing his girlfriend to talk it out for half an hour, and someone who abducts a child off the streets for ransom money.

I think that's why the judge is willing to reduce this to a misdemeanor.

Also, the standard for acceptable behavior for an athlete seems to be "no felonies." End of story. If you can plead it down, you can stay on the team.

i guess the idea is that people commit misdemeanors all the time -- I can barely three months without a traffic ticket of some kind -- and it's hard to sort out the more serious and the less serious.

But a convicted felon standing in the huddle cannot be explained away.

NormanPride
4/30/2009, 10:42 AM
The stories I've heard had the girl's family working with Justin's to get things worked out at lower penalties. I think they're still on good terms, and didn't want to screw over a kid they've known for a long time. Kind of like Dusty.

Dusty got drunk and mad, and almost killed someone. Sounds like Chaisson got mad and threatened someone. It's much the same thing. Without knowing the kid, I doubt he would have actually stabbed the girl, but his anger issues still need handling just like Dusty's. He doesn't sound like a stupid kid, just one with anger issues.

Again, if Dusty had screwed up again, he would have been gone. Likewise for Justin.

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 11:22 AM
What proof is there that he even put a screwdriver to her neck and held her against her will? Yes he pled guilty to a reduced charge, but I would have done the same thing to avoid the potential of jail time even if I had done nothing wrong. I wouldn't put that in the hands of the judicial system.

rainiersooner
4/30/2009, 12:25 PM
Stoops has a good record of second chances for rehabilitation - Ryan Broyles is a good example. Stoops has built a program that focuses not just on winning but on building character in young men. I'm not sure what Chaisson would have learned if Stoops had cast him aside. I trust in Stoops decision and look forward to this kid becoming a valuable part of the program - oh, and knocking the living snot out of opponents.

Sooner04
4/30/2009, 12:45 PM
Dusty got drunk and mad, and almost killed someone.
I wonder what would've happened if Dusty hadn't been a good football player.

Wait, I do know. He'd be in prison. Almost killing someone is the only time that drunken oaf's transgressions made the paper. He was a monster.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/30/2009, 12:49 PM
I wonder what would've happened if Dusty hadn't been a good football player.

Wait, I do know. He'd be in prison. Almost killing someone is the only time that drunken oaf's transgressions made the paper. He was a monster.

don't tell me your butt still hurts after all this time?

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 01:19 PM
Does anybody remember the Lynn McGruder problems at Tennessee?

Sooner04
4/30/2009, 01:28 PM
don't tell me your butt still hurts after all this time?
we all make mistakes. Some just hurt worse than others.

Wait a minute. What are you talking about?

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 01:59 PM
http://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/29/embattled-gorman-football-player-enters-plea-deal/

Absolutely amazing. If this was a Texas recruit, the gnashing and wailing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions.. "how Mack runs a renegade program.. how he recruits thugs..."

And here's an adult who has already plead guilty to battery and coercion.. and is ready to plead guilty to FOUR more counts... and yet... with very few exceptions... sooner fans are welcoming him with open arms.

When these guilty pleas are entered, he is going to have to stand in front of the court and admit he did these things.. there can be no waiving.. there has to be an outright admission he did the things to which he is pleading guilty.

So.. apparently, the sooner nation still embraces adults who kidnap their girlfriends (and the law does not differentiate the amount of time a person is held against their will), who physically abuse them and who threaten their life with a dangerous instrument... while pleading out to 6 criminal counts.

good thing there's not a "win at all costs" prevalent. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2009, 02:02 PM
http://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/29/embattled-gorman-football-player-enters-plea-deal/

Absolutely amazing. If this was a *Texas* recruit, the gnashing and wailing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions.. "how *Mack* runs a renegade program.. how he recruits thugs..."

And here's an adult who has already plead guilty to battery and coercion.. and is ready to plead guilty to FOUR more counts... and yet... with very few exceptions... sooner fans are welcoming him with open arms.

When these guilty pleas are entered, he is going to have to stand in front of the court and admit he did these things.. there can be no waiving.. there has to be an outright admission he did the things to which he is pleading guilty.

So.. apparently, the sooner nation still embraces adults who kidnap their girlfriends (and the law does not differentiate the amount of time a person is held against their will), who physically abuse them and who threaten their life with a dangerous instrument... while pleading out to 6 criminal counts.

And were the situation reversed, Texas fans would be welcoming him with open arms. Let's not kid ourselves.

I hate wishing ill on a kid, but I'm not particularly happy he still has a scholarship to play football at OU.

picasso
4/30/2009, 02:04 PM
I'm also glad Texaslittygator doesn't work for the football program.

Don't you have some litigious activity to pursue? Or better yet, go stack bb's on the highway.

badger
4/30/2009, 02:07 PM
If this was a *Texas* recruit, the gnashing and wailing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions.. "how *Mack* runs a renegade program.. how he recruits thugs..."

Is your pointing out a double standard also a double standard? Do we need to post the video of Rice making fun of how many arrests your football team had a few years ago?

OU and Texaz both have athletes with legal troubles. I support Stoops' judgment to make the right decision with this athlete, just like you support Macc's judgment. Whether or not Sooner fans support Macc's judgment or whether or not Texaz fans support Stoops' judgment? Doesn't matter. We wish all the ill will in the world on each other year round :D

MojoRisen
4/30/2009, 02:08 PM

good thing there's not a "win at all costs" prevalent. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Just think what he is going to do too Colt "Butt Boy" Mccoy and his little faggy brother.. Can't wait to see Mrs MCcoy crying in the stands with every hit. Maybe he will add Sodemy and Rape to his rap sheet :)

Jello Biafra
4/30/2009, 02:08 PM

Absolutely amazing. If this was a *Texas* recruit, the gnashing and wailing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions.. "how *Mack* runs a renegade program.. how he recruits thugs..."

thats it? that's all you got? no disertation? no wikipedia entry? no 45-35 shiit talking?

i guess the ambulances have been running you hard.

Jello Biafra
4/30/2009, 02:13 PM
btw, i didnt get nice on ya...i just wanted this to have its own post....

eat a bag of d&cks whoren!

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 02:16 PM
Other then the word of a 15 year old girl (if that is her age) what proof of any of this is there? It is all speculation because in the end there were no eye witnesses to anything.

picasso
4/30/2009, 02:16 PM
wow, a hit and run. Kind of like what pays his bills every month.

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 02:53 PM
Other then the word of a 15 year old girl (if that is her age) what proof of any of this is there? It is all speculation because in the end there were no eye witnesses to anything.

Actually.. there were some witnesses. Go back and read some of the articles. There's the weapon itself... undoubtedly with his finger prints on it... undoubtedly, the DA has sufficient evidence to convince this adult he needs to plead guilty and avoid the likelihood of conviction on felony counts which would insure incarceration.

So.. what you are saying .. he is pleading guilty to SIX COUNTS based on mere speculation alone???

He is willing to stand before a judge and in response to the question, "Are you guilty of the crime you are charged?" he is willing to say, "Yes" SIX TIMES based on mere speculation?

You can name call and attempt to point the finger elsewhere and insult to your little heart's content... that does not change the fact that the "win at any and all costs" attitude is not only prevalent but pervasive in your fan base... Is there even one fan among you is repulsed that this character will be representing YOU?

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 02:55 PM
And were the situation reversed, *Texas* fans would be welcoming him with open arms. Let's not kid ourselves.

I hate wishing ill on a kid, but I'm not particularly happy he still has a scholarship to play football at OU.

Actually Froz.. the roles were reversed .. a few years ago, with the Collins kid out of Texarkana.. he had been offered and accepted a scholly at UT. .when the information about his criminal activity came out, the school dropped him. As you know, he signed and played at Okie Lite for a few years until he plead guilty this past year.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 03:02 PM
Actually.. there were some witnesses. Go back and read some of the articles. There's the weapon itself... undoubtedly with his finger prints on it... undoubtedly, the DA has sufficient evidence to convince this adult he needs to plead guilty and avoid the likelihood of conviction on felony counts which would insure incarceration.

So.. what you are saying .. he is pleading guilty to SIX COUNTS based on mere speculation alone???

He is willing to stand before a judge and in response to the question, "Are you guilty of the crime you are charged?" he is willing to say, "Yes" SIX TIMES based on mere speculation?

You can name call and attempt to point the finger elsewhere and insult to your little heart's content... that does not change the fact that the "win at any and all costs" attitude is not only prevalent but pervasive in your fan base... Is there even one fan among you is repulsed that this character will be representing YOU?

Yes there are. However, I have allowed my feelings for it go to the way side since the proceedings in the justice system are just now getting underway.

If he does no jail time. I say let him keep his scholarship. Every person, even the texas faggots deserve a second chance to make things right in their life.

If he faces jail time...then cut him.

If OU was about win at all costs, care to explain the reason Stoops kicked his star QB off the team within just 2 weeks of the start of the season in 2006?

This Justin Chaisson kid has yet to play a down for us. Hell, who knows if he would at all within the next year or two? So let the kid have his day in court and then go from there.

Other than that...stop being an elitest thinking that Texas has had no past criminals represent their program.

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 03:10 PM
If OU was about win at all costs, care to explain the reason Stoops kicked his star QB off the team within just 2 weeks of the start of the season in 2006?

Sure. Because the evidence incriminating him in NCAA violations had not only been sent to the President of the university but the NCAA as well. He knew that based on the violations, he would be rendered ineligible and if allowed to play, OU could be made to forfeit all games in which he participated after that point.

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 03:19 PM

Yes I'm saying that he pled guilty due to speculation and nothing more. If there were witnesses then why is he getting a slap on the wrist. My fingerprints are all over my screwdriver that doesn't mean I used it as a weapon. I wouldn't trust the judicial system to decide my fate either.

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 03:28 PM
To me, it's not about jail time or not. It's about the crime. The courts appear to be willing to let this kid off with what appears to be probation, if I read correctly. There may be more to come later, but for now I think it's just a year of probation. Anyways, if the courts felt this kid deserved a second chance, I wouldn't be surprised to see us give him one as well. I mean, the dude is young and dumb, made a HUGE mistake, but if he follows all the rules and stays out of trouble in the future, he should be given another chance.

That said, I also wouldn't be too torn up if we cut him based on this. I think I'd keep him on with the expectation that if he was even late to a single meeting or practice he's a ghost.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 03:31 PM
Sure. Because the evidence incriminating him in NCAA violations had not only been sent to the President of the university but the NCAA as well. He knew that based on the violations, he would be rendered ineligible and if allowed to play, OU could be made to forfeit all games in which he participated after that point.

You are not too bright are you?

OU did not have to take the step of kicking him off the team. In fact Myles Brand, the PRESIDENT OF THE NCAA stated that OU went above and beyond what they should have in the Bomar/Quinn incident.

But go ahead and think what you want whorn.

picasso
4/30/2009, 03:39 PM

good lord you're full of ****. you picked the perfect professional occupation man.
Do you honestly think you can get a good representation of the feeling and disposition of an entire fan base from these stupid message boards?
If that's the case then you Texas fans are perfect little creatures.

Did anyone order an a**hole from room service?

Jock Ewing
4/30/2009, 03:43 PM
Quinn and Bomar were scapegoats and have basically inferred there were a lot of other OU football players getting paid for work not done by Big Red. They were the only ones where a paper trail existed, the rest of the paperwork was "lost" when the dealership changed hands.

No, Texas would never take this kid. See Chris Collins. Hell, we had another 4 star linebacker recruit who we cut loose for selling stolen property (a misdemeanor). His name is Brandon Duncan and the fatty up in Kansas took him.

It takes a lot of balls to draw the line at not accepting him if he had a felony on his record -- of course if he has a felony he would be incarcerated in Nevada. I guess if he escaped all bets would be off and Stoops would have a ship for him.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 03:47 PM
Quinn and Bomar were scapegoats and have basically inferred there were a lot of other OU football players getting paid for work not done by Big Red. They were the only ones where a paper trail existed, the rest of the paperwork was "lost" when the dealership changed hands.

No, *Texas* would never take this kid. See Chris Collins. Hell, we had another 4 star linebacker recruit who we cut loose for selling stolen property (a misdemeanor). His name is Brandon Duncan and the fatty up in Kansas took him.

It takes a lot of balls to draw the line at not accepting him if he had a felony on his record -- of course if he has a felony he would be incarcerated in Nevada. I guess if he escaped all bets would be off and Stoops would have a ship for him.

Got proof to back up your allegations?

If not, shut it whorn!

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 03:48 PM
good lord you're full of ****. you picked the perfect professional occupation man.
Do you honestly think you can get a good representation of the feeling and disposition of an entire fan base from these stupid message boards?
If that's the case then you *Texas* fans are perfect little creatures.

Did anyone order an a**hole from room service?

Ok.. then, the question is.. Is there even one fan on this website repulsed by this character?.. who isn't the least bit incensed that the school is going to let him enroll and play? Obviously, a screwdriver to the throat, kidnapping, battery and coercion are not serious enough offenses (and again, these are all facts he will have to admit that not only did they occur, but he committed them).

Keep on supporting characters like that. Your program is building quite an impressive list of characters.

Sometimes... you don't need to order an a**hole from room service... they are present full time. :rolleyes:

picasso
4/30/2009, 03:48 PM

No, *Texas* would never take this kid. See Chris Collins. Hell, we had another 4 star linebacker recruit who we cut loose for selling stolen property (a misdemeanor). His name is Brandon Duncan and the fatty up in Kansas took him.

is that a fact that "other" players were getting paid? That's a big statement that more than likely would have brought our program down. Thanks for the concrete proof Jack.
And if you wanks will recall, Stoops booted Dvoracek from a team that nearly won the national title. I'd dare say that move was more than just winning at all costs.

picasso
4/30/2009, 03:50 PM
Ok.. then, the question is.. Is there even one fan on this website repulsed by this character?.. who isn't the least bit incensed that the school is going to let him enroll and play? Obviously, a screwdriver to the throat, kidnapping, battery and coercion are not serious enough offenses (and again, these are all facts he will have to admit that not only did they occur, but he committed them).

Keep on supporting characters like that. Your program is building quite an impressive list of characters.

Sometimes... you don't need to order an a**hole from room service... they are present full time. :rolleyes:

where did I ever say I support characters like that? Did UT not teach reading comprehension? **** off Liddy.:rolleyes:
The mere fact that you're here whining about this is a sad tale. I'm sure the link on Hornfans.com has you guys in a designer jean infested orgasm.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 03:52 PM

I am not repulsed by him. He obviously made a mistake and is a very young man. Just turned 18 I believe.

We all have done stupid things...I feel more repulsed by you than I do of Justin Chaisson.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 03:54 PM
where did I ever say I support characters like that? Did UT not teach reading comprehension? **** off Liddy.:rolleyes:
The mere fact that you're here whining about this is a sad tale. I'm sure the link on Hornfans.com has you guys in a designer jean infested orgasm.

Or Josh Jarboe getting kicked off the team. That is a win at all cost attitude as well.

These faggot fans from saxeT sure love pounding their own drum.

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:09 PM
Or Josh Jarboe getting kicked off the team. That is a win at all cost attitude as well.

Jarboe was punted because someone above Stoops made that decision.

That Thursday night, Stoops came out and said he couldn't see kicking someone off the team for something he merely said.

Next day... it's announced he's gone.

Still waiting for one person to say that an adult who kidnaps his girlfriend, who physically abuses her, who threatens her, who holds a screwdriver to her throat (again, all facts which will be admitted in court and while under oath) should never play for your school and it's embarrassing that no one from the university will stand up and say as much. A mistake? Hell, that's not a mistake... those are multiple serious, criminal offenses.

picasso
4/30/2009, 04:13 PM

Like you know that. You guys seem to know all of the backdoor goings on in Norman. You should write a book.

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 04:13 PM
These faggot fans from saxeT sure love pounding each other's @$$e$.

Fixed.

And for the record litig8tor, a Texas fan has about as much business asking for outrage at an OU recruit's criminal behavior as a pedophile does teaching kindergarten.

Just sayin.

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:14 PM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/unc-parts-with-football-recruit

Even North Carolina knows when to punt a recruit.

But.. he had more felony indictments.. but fewer offenses.. so.. it must not be as bad.

:rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:16 PM
Like you know that. You guys seem to know all of the backdoor goings on in Norman. You should write a book.

So, Stoops on Thursday night comes out supporting the kid, saying he is still on the team.. and less than 12 hours later, it's announced he's gone because Stoops merely changed his mind??

Uh.. naive much? :rolleyes:

picasso
4/30/2009, 04:16 PM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/unc-parts-with-football-recruit

Even North Carolina knows when to punt a recruit.

But.. he had more felony indictments.. but fewer offenses.. so.. it must not be as bad.

:rolleyes:

ok you win. we're all jerks and don't care what a player does in the name of the all mighty win.:rolleyes:

will you go chase a claim now?

sheesh. I thought there was a lot to do in Texas these days.

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 04:19 PM

That Thursday night, Stoops came out and said he couldn't see kicking someone off the team for something he merely said.

Next day... it's announced he's gone.

Still waiting for one person to say that an adult who kidnaps his girlfriend, who physically abuses her, who threatens her, who holds a screwdriver to her throat (again, all facts which will be admitted in court and while under oath) should never play for your school and it's embarrassing that no one from the university will stand up and say as much. A mistake? Hell, that's not a mistake... those are multiple serious, criminal offenses.

You're the last person I should have to remind of innocent until proven guilty, masturb8tor.

Guess all those bull$h!t predatory lawsuits you've been filing have gotten in the way with remembering how the law really works.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 04:21 PM
So, Stoops on Thursday night comes out supporting the kid, saying he is still on the team.. and less than 12 hours later, it's announced he's gone because Stoops merely changed his mind??

Link?

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 04:25 PM

Right, because when texas has 6 players with criminal arrests in the 2007 football season, that was just Mack Brown's bad luck.

But when Stoops gets a bad apple, it's because we run a shady team and we're a bunch of criminals.

Got it.

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:33 PM
You're the last person I should have to remind of innocent until proven guilty, masturb8tor.

Guess all those bull$h!t predatory lawsuits you've been filing have gotten in the way with remembering how the law really works.

Uh... actually.. I do civil defense work.. I tend to not file lawsuits.

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal proceedings.. not administrative hearings, or civil proceedings.. or in evaluating whether you want someone attending your school and representing that school in the public.

Am still waiting for even one person to step up and say a woman abusing, kidnapper who threatened her life and held a screwdriver to her throat should not be allowed to represent you and your school.

This really is a Diogenistic search isn't it? :D

OUAlumni1990
4/30/2009, 04:35 PM
And were the situation reversed, *Texas* fans would be welcoming him with open arms. Let's not kid ourselves.

If this were a UT player, we would have never even heard about it. We all know how good Mack is at sweeping stuff under the rug before it even hits the press.

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 04:43 PM
Uh... actually.. I do civil defense work.. I tend to not file lawsuits.

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal proceedings.. not administrative hearings, or civil proceedings.. or in evaluating whether you want someone attending your school and representing that school in the public.

Am still waiting for even one person to step up and say a woman abusing, kidnapper who threatened her life and held a screwdriver to her throat should not be allowed to represent you and your school.

So, practicing civil defense, tell me: would you be fine with a company firing one of your clients for simply being charged with a felony?

Would your answer change if your defendant was fired for the felony charge, despite the fact that the prosecutor is offering a plea bargain for these alleged horrific crimes?

picasso
4/30/2009, 04:45 PM

again you're assuming you know what happened. Is that a common tactic when dealing with the law?

Naive? Not at all, I know a jerk when I see one.

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 04:47 PM
It's the asterisk, picasso.

It gives them special powers.

olevetonahill
4/30/2009, 04:51 PM
Lid aint you some little old lady to harass ?

**** off dip **** ( some one had to say it )

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:54 PM
Lid aint you some little old lady to harass ?

**** off dip **** ( some one had to say it )

Well played Vet. :D

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2009, 04:57 PM
So, practicing civil defense, tell me: would you be fine with a company firing one of your clients for simply being charged with a felony?

Would your answer change if your defendant was fired for the felony charge, despite the fact that the prosecutor is offering a plea bargain for these alleged horrific crimes?

In the employment contracts I have drafted, reviewed and litigated, more often than not, there has been a "morality clause" included in the contracts for executives which give the company the absolute right to fire the employee if that employee is charged with ANY type of crime.. not just a felony. It is fairly common... and it happens far more often than you may think.

So, yes I would be fine with it.. especially if it is an employee in the public eye.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2009, 04:59 PM

Nice turn of phrase. Inaccurate and disingenous, considering you've already quoted me saying the above, but a nice turn of phrase.

olevetonahill
4/30/2009, 05:01 PM
Hey PIC , Lid needs some lessons .
He likes the Broad brush to much :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
4/30/2009, 05:22 PM
Uh... actually.. I do civil dick work.. :D

yes...yes you do....so i guess you like that bag full of dicks now?

theresonly1OU
4/30/2009, 05:23 PM
In the employment contracts I have drafted, reviewed and litigated, more often than not, there has been a "morality clause" included in the contracts for executives which give the company the absolute right to fire the employee if that employee is charged with ANY type of crime.. not just a felony. It is fairly common... and it happens far more often than you may think.

So, yes I would be fine with it.. especially if it is an employee in the public eye.

The ambulance chase in you would do everything in your power to see your defendant reinstated if the felony charges didn't stick, so don't give me that bull$h1t.

And you can put your feigned outrage at the lack of die-hard OU fans degrading the alleged actions of a blue-chip recruit the same place your head is.

Jello Biafra
4/30/2009, 05:25 PM
lid, would you argue with me in a bar if i were drunk and you were trying to pay your tab?>

badger
4/30/2009, 05:25 PM
goodness, lid's still got it --- the ability to infuriate SoonerFans.com with the drop of a single post.

Next time, write about pretty kitties and butterflies... I'm sure there's some way that will get a rise out of everyone.

Better yet, avvie bet several months in advance? :D

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 05:27 PM
goodness, lid's still got it --- the ability to infuriate SoonerFans.com with the drop of a single post.

Next time, write about pretty kitties and butterflies... I'm sure there's some way that will get a rise out of everyone.

Better yet, avvie bet several months in advance? :D

Come back to the light badger.

soonerfan28
4/30/2009, 06:00 PM
Hell I would take probation over going to jail even if I did nothing wrong. I don't have enough faith in the judicial system. I guess nobody's ever been convicted of a crime they didn't commit have they.

Crimson Kid
4/30/2009, 06:17 PM
I understand in giving chances and all (jarboe) but if this was Osu or Texas, we would be ripping them for letting him come play.

If it was your daughter, would you be willing to forgive?

SoonersBIG7
4/30/2009, 06:23 PM
IMO, life is all about second chances....I mean texas fans look at your roster, example: Sergio Kindle, some Harrison guy...every shorthorn in 2007...You just sound dumb on here trying to make this out to be something more than it is....

neilperry
4/30/2009, 06:35 PM
kid deserves a second chance

just not here.

olevetonahill
4/30/2009, 06:52 PM
Hell I would take probation over going to jail even if I did nothing wrong. I don't have enough faith in the judicial system. I guess nobody's ever been convicted of a crime they didn't commit have they.

Not me, I was always guilty as hell :D

olevetonahill
4/30/2009, 06:53 PM
I understand in giving chances and all (jarboe) but if this was Osu or *Texas*, we would be ripping them for letting him come play.

From the tone of what Ive read ( which , Granted isnt much )
HER parents are for the deal
so Id say YES

Curly Bill
4/30/2009, 06:54 PM
LOL

LOL is for post #84.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 08:27 AM
IMO, life is all about second chances....I mean *Texas* fans look at your roster, example: Sergio Kindle, some Harrison guy...every shorthorn in 2007...You just sound dumb on here trying to make this out to be something more than it is....

More than it is? Hardly.

What it is, is an adult who has already plead guilty to: coercion and battery and is going to plead guilty to: kidnapping, assault, assault with a deadly weapon. What it is, is an adult who is going to admit, in court and under oath, that he kidnapped a minor girl, physically abused her and held a deadly weapon to her throat. THAT is exactly what it is.

Again... name call all you want, point fingers all you want, give the old, tired excuse that "Oh well. .everyone does it" all you want, but the fact of the matter is, THIS adult will be representing YOU and YOUR school.. and everyone on this website and others, seems to be perfectly fine with it.

Collier11
5/1/2009, 08:41 AM
thats why I said no thanks lid, 2nd chance sure, at OU no thanks.

picasso
5/1/2009, 08:45 AM
More than it is? Hardly.

What it is, is an adult who has already plead guilty to: coercion and battery and is going to plead guilty to: kidnapping, assault, assault with a deadly weapon. What it is, is an adult who is going to admit, in court and under oath, that he kidnapped a minor girl, physically abused her and held a deadly weapon to her throat. THAT is exactly what it is.

Again... name call all you want, point fingers all you want, give the old, tired excuse that "Oh well. .everyone does it" all you want, but the fact of the matter is, THIS adult will be representing YOU and YOUR school.. and everyone on this website and others, seems to be perfectly fine with it.

you don't know that. we're just not throwing a fit like you are.
what do you wants us to do, go picket outside the coaches office?

bet you still have a woody.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 09:32 AM
you don't know that. we're just not throwing a fit like you are.
what do you wants us to do, go picket outside the coaches office?

bet you still have a woody.

Actually.. yes I do know that.

For a defendant to plead guilty, the charge is read to them in open court. The judge then asks them if they understand the charge. The judge asks them if they committed the offense to which they are charged. The judge advises them that she, in this case, does not have to accept the recommended plea sentence and asks if the defendant is aware of that and agrees to it. The defendant is then apprised that by pleading guilty, he is waiving his right to a jury. The judge then asks if taking all of this into consideration if the defendant is guilty of the charge of __________ as set forth in the indictment or information.

And no.. I don't have "a woody" about this. I'm not even surprised at the win at all costs with whoever attitude pervasive in your fan base.

theresonly1OU
5/1/2009, 09:42 AM

Actually, no you don't.

You're an anonymous commenter on a message board. You have NO FU**ING CLUE how or what I or anyone else here feel about the situation.

The fact that we decide to call you on your disingenuous hypocrisy instead of being bullied into answering a question a representative fan of a team known for playing criminals has no business asking is not indicative whatsoever in mine or anyone else's personal feelings on the matter.

So fu** off already; I'm growing weary of your repetitive blathering.

BornandBred
5/1/2009, 09:44 AM
For a defendant to plead guilty, the charge is read to them in open court. The judge then asks them if they understand the charge. The judge asks them if they committed the offense to which they are charged. The judge advises them that she, in this case, does not have to accept the recommended plea sentence and asks if the defendant is aware of that and agrees to it. The defendant is then apprised that by pleading guilty, he is waiving his right to a jury. The judge then asks if taking all of this into consideration if the defendant is guilty of the charge of __________ as set forth in the indictment or information.

And no.. I don't have "a woody" about this. I'm not even surprised at the win at all costs with whoever attitude pervasive in your fan base.

It was my understanding that he plead no contest, which is slightly different. I mean, essentially it's the same, but legally it was a bit different.

As far as the win at all costs attitude in our fan base... hello Pot, meet Kettle. It's the same in every single fan base in America. Not only that, but Stoops has had a history of booting bad eggs, Bomar, Jarboe, Dvoracek. Dusty got let back on after counseling for anger management, and that entire event was blown out of proportion anyways. Bomar endangered the program and is gone. Jarboe got a second chance and blew it.

Point is, for you to be so outraged is ridiculous. I'm sure had this been reversed, we'd have swapped sides in the conversation. Why can't we just agree to that and continue to hate USC?

theresonly1OU
5/1/2009, 09:48 AM
Jarboe got a second chance and blew

But Jarboe getting dismissed dosen't count in OU's favor, because a texas fan who read the paper thought there was a conspiracy when Stoops changed his mind, or something retarded like that.

picasso
5/1/2009, 09:51 AM

actually I was referring to your comment that nobody on here cares. quit assuming you know what our entire fan base thinks and is all about.

And I'll gladly take Bob Stoops and his record of dealing with these problems over anything you have to offer or recommend. But hey, you're obviously the moral expert.:rolleyes:

picasso
5/1/2009, 09:54 AM
and yes you do have a woody. That's why you're on here throwing around your legal knowledge and casting stones at us.
What say I go to every message board around anytime there's a legal problem with a player or recruit? Yeah, that's impressive.

theresonly1OU
5/1/2009, 09:59 AM
What say I go to every message board around anytime there's a legal problem with a player or recruit? Yeah, that's pathetic.

fixed.

Crucifax Autumn
5/1/2009, 10:06 AM

We'd call him an Austin homo!

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 10:22 AM
Actually, no you don't.

You're an anonymous commenter on a message board. You have NO FU**ING CLUE how or what I or anyone else here feel about the situation.

The fact that we decide to call you on your disingenuous hypocrisy instead of being bullied into answering a question a representative fan of a team known for playing criminals has no business asking is not indicative whatsoever in mine or anyone else's personal feelings on the matter.

So fu** off already; I'm growing weary of your repetitive blathering.

Disingenuous hypocrisy? Yeah right... and your fan base wouldn't be going absolutely ballistic if, and reversing the roles, at the very time this reprobate was scheduled to come to UT, that: 3 of our players had warrants issued for them because they were either 1. too stupid to pay their minor traffic offenses, or 2. assumed an alum or someone else would take care of the matter and just didn't bother. It would be of biblical proportions.

As for being an anonymous commenter,... actually, I have had lunch with a number of people on here.. have done business with the owner of this site, many on here know not only my first and last name, but address as well... so. hardly anonymous.

As for not having a clue about how you or anyone else feels about this situation... most people on here have said.. "oh.. let's give this guy a second chance.. I trust Stoops... it's ok if he comes to OU but if he messes up again.. he's gone." You don't think that is direct evidence of how people feel about it? Not much room for interpretation there Sport.

And.. if this thug were coming to UT, I would be first in line to say.. ."oh hell no," I do not want this woman abusing, deadly weapon wielding criminal representing my university!".. which is why I am very glad that Collins' scholly offer was yanked when he was indicted for his criminal activities and he went to Okie Lite.

RedstickSooner
5/1/2009, 10:24 AM
I'm having awfully mixed feelings about Chaisson. I opposed Dusty coming back (although I couldn't help enjoying how well he played for us when he did), and I've always felt that the one thing I can't stomach in a player is violence... That being said, this sure is an odd circumstance. A screwdriver? Really?

Yeah, as a general rule, I guess I have to say I'm not real keen on Chaisson purely because it *is* a violent crime. But it's mighty weak sauce. So I'm sure as hell not going to argue with anyone who thinks it's fine.

Also, fixating on the number of counts involved is retarded. If he'd beat up the girl, there'd only be one count (two if they got him for violating the restraining order), but it'd be a much bigger deal in terms of what he'd done. In this case, all he did was, well, pull a screwdriver on someone. Basically, he scared her & threatened her... He just did it in a really stupid, highly prosecutable way.

RedstickSooner
5/1/2009, 10:26 AM
Disingenuous hypocrisy? Yeah right... and your fan base wouldn't be going absolutely ballistic if, and reversing the roles, at the very time this reprobate was scheduled to come to UT, that: 3 of our players had warrants issued for them because they were either 1. too stupid to pay their minor traffic offenses, or 2. assumed an alum or someone else would take care of the matter and just didn't bother. It would be of biblical proportions.

As for being an anonymous commenter,... actually, I have had lunch with a number of people on here.. have done business with the owner of this site, many on here know not only my first and last name, but address as well... so. hardly anonymous.

As for not having a clue about how you or anyone else feels about this situation... most people on here have said.. "oh.. let's give this guy a second chance.. I trust Stoops... it's ok if he comes to OU but if he messes up again.. he's gone." You don't think that is direct evidence of how people feel about it? Not much room for interpretation there Sport.

And.. if this thug were coming to UT, I would be first in line to say.. ."oh hell no," I do not want this woman abusing, deadly weapon wielding criminal representing my university!".. which is why I am very glad that Collins' scholly offer was yanked when he was indicted for his criminal activities and he went to Okie Lite.

dude... deadly weapon wielding?

I've played Clue.

Colonel Mustard *never* died from a screwdriver.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 10:43 AM
but the fact of the matter is, THIS adult will be representing YOU and YOUR school.. and everyone on this website and others, seems to be perfectly fine with it.

he will not be representing me, noone represents me but me. he WILL be wearing an OU on his helmet which means he will automatically get the benefit of the doubt until he phucks the pooch while representing the university.

Im perfectly fine with it because much like the dusty issue and argument i had several days back, everyone deserves a second chance. EVERYONE...

look, the spring before i stepped onto campus in a four week period, i put a kids lower teeth through his lip (got suspended) the very next day i was allowed back into school, got into a fight twice with the same kid. (long story...)and the next weekend i tore the passenger door off of a 76 monte carlo at the state park...all three of which i had to see the judge over.

all this BS is hearsay plain and simple. maybe the boy is wanting to get on with his life and he would rather just pleabargain so he can get to norman and get on with the workouts. maybe the bish just flipped out on him and he pulled the screw driver to defend himself and she turned it around...we don't know what happened and quite frankly, i don't think stoops is the kind of coach that would take THAT particular charge lightly. especially since he has girls of his own.

now, take your bow tie wearing, shetland pony riding, assless chaps donning freak show and move out.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 10:47 AM
I understand in giving chances and all (jarboe) but if this was Osu or *Texas*, we would be ripping them for letting him come play.

ask yourself this...since coach has girls, do you think he would have made the decision to keep him on the team if he felt chaisson did this or didn't deserve the chance to right the wrong?

i mean, seriosuly, we DID back way off of the linebacker that ended up going to colordao and he has had like 4 "reported" incidents up there. these coaches are more in tune with the players than we realize.

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2009, 01:43 PM

1. This is not happening at Texas or OSU right now.
2. If it were, I would still be all for giving the young man a chance. I would give a little ribbing tho.
3. The girls family seems to be content with the plea bargin. Also, both Chaisson's and the girl's families are very good friends. So I am pretty sure the girls parents will, or have already, forgiven him.

To me it seems like a over blown situation.

The girl and her attorney already missed a restraining order violation court date.
Now the boy is plea bargaining for lesser charges.

All fine with me unless he does it again.

C&CDean
5/1/2009, 02:31 PM

Judas H. Priest acting in the school drama, I've never seen anything so over the top in my ****ing life Lid.

1. Screwdrivers don't kill people, guns do. Remember?
2. The kid ****ed up. Period. You nor I know the REAL situation.
3. Basing your outrage on what is said in a plea that obviously everyone - including the girl and her ****ing parents - have agreed should be the way to go is dumb.
4. Have you ever been so exasperated with a female that you felt like holding a screwdriver to her neck? Don't lie. We all have. If dude had slapped her around, or stuck her with the screwdriver then all bets are off. What he did was stupid and immature. That being said, he has no prior record, and by all accounts (including the girl's parents) he is not a "thug."

So spare us the drama queen routine.

NormanPride
5/1/2009, 02:41 PM
Seriously. If the victim is okay with it, then why the hell should any of us get worked up?

yermom
5/1/2009, 02:59 PM
tell that to the next girl that needs a restraining order on him...

if he actually straightens up, then Stoops looks like a genius. if not, OU looks kinda dirty

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 03:18 PM
Judas H. Priest acting in the school drama, I've never seen anything so over the top in my ****ing life Lid.

1. Screwdrivers don't kill people, guns do. Remember?
2. The kid ****ed up. Period. You nor I know the REAL situation.
3. Basing your outrage on what is said in a plea that obviously everyone - including the girl and her ****ing parents - have agreed should be the way to go is dumb.
4. Have you ever been so exasperated with a female that you felt like holding a screwdriver to her neck? Don't lie. We all have. If dude had slapped her around, or stuck her with the screwdriver then all bets are off. What he did was stupid and immature. That being said, he has no prior record, and by all accounts (including the girl's parents) he is not a "thug."

So spare us the drama queen routine.

So Dean.. you are ok with him physically abusing her? Witnesses say she got hit in the stomach? No harm no foul? He was just out having a good time? That is one of the things to which he is pleading.

News reports looked like this:

Spokesman Bill Cassell (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Bill+Cassell&CATEGORY=PERSON) of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Las+Vegas+Metropolitan+Police+Department&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) said the incident between Chaisson and his 17-year-old girlfriend began about 2 p.m. with an argument in the parking lot at Bishop Gorman High School (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Bishop+Gorman+High+School+(Las+Vegas%2c+ Nev.)&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION), where both attend. After she left, Chaisson followed the girl to a coffee shop.
Outside the coffee shop, Cassell said, Chaisson grabbed the girl's arm and forced her into the back seat of his sport-utility vehicle. His younger brother was also in the back seat.
The girl told police Chaisson punched her in the ribs and drove her to the desert before pulling her out of the vehicle. She said he then placed a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her, Cassell said.
When two of the girl's friends drove up to the scene, she told police, Chaisson again grabbed her and put her in his vehicle. One of the friends called 911 while following Chaisson's vehicle. Cassell said the incident ended after Chaisson drove his ex-girlfriend to a storage facility and made her get out of the vehicle.

So, does that constitute "slapping around," .. or should there by more physical abuse than that?

So.. are all bets off?

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2009, 03:31 PM
So Dean.. you are ok with him physically abusing her? Witnesses say she got hit in the stomach? No harm no foul? He was just out having a good time? That is one of the things to which he is pleading.

Spokesman Bill Cassell (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Bill+Cassell&CATEGORY=PERSON) of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Las+Vegas+Metropolitan+Police+Department&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) said the incident between Chaisson and his 17-year-old girlfriend began about 2 p.m. with an argument in the parking lot at Bishop Gorman High School (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Bishop+Gorman+High+School+(Las+Vegas%2c+ Nev.)&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION), where both attend. After she left, Chaisson followed the girl to a coffee shop.
Outside the coffee shop, Cassell said, Chaisson grabbed the girl's arm and forced her into the back seat of his sport-utility vehicle. His younger brother was also in the back seat.
The girl told police Chaisson punched her in the ribs and drove her to the desert before pulling her out of the vehicle. She said he then placed a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her, Cassell said.
When two of the girl's friends drove up to the scene, she told police, Chaisson again grabbed her and put her in his vehicle. One of the friends called 911 while following Chaisson's vehicle. Cassell said the incident ended after Chaisson drove his ex-girlfriend to a storage facility and made her get out of the vehicle.

So, does that constitute "slapping around," .. or should there by more physical abuse than that?

So.. are all bets off?

If...If...If....If...IF.

You see how stupid you really sound here?

You do realize that the media sometimes overblows things, right? (Need and example? Look at this swine flu BS or the west nile virus coverage)
You do realize that the parents of this girl is fine with the plea agreement, right?
You do realize that every person deserves a second chance, right?

Now go back to hornsuck.com and reside there for awhile, you are being too much of a ****** right now.

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2009, 03:32 PM

if he actually straightens up, then Stoops looks like a genius. if not, OU looks kinda dirty

Okay.

yermom, I have always respected your view points here. However, I disagree with this part.

Especially the last sentence.

I would agree only if OU kept him on the team if he does something similar again. However, track record shows Bob Stoops will not keep him on the team if he screws up again.

SoonerTroll
5/1/2009, 03:37 PM
Can he play football? Yes.... end of discussion

Collier11
5/1/2009, 03:42 PM
not end of discussion, we arent some 2nd tier school that lets any jackazz in. LIke ive said in every other thread though, I trust Stoops

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 03:44 PM
If...If...If....If...IF.

You see how stupid you really sound here?

You do realize that the media sometimes overblows things, right? (Need and example? Look at this swine flu BS or the west nile virus coverage)

You do have a grasp of the painfully obvious.

You do realize that the parents of this girl is fine with the plea agreement, right?

And there would not be any type of financial incentive to make them ok with this plea agreement I'm sure... perhaps they will be seen driving a slightly used Lexus.

No, I don't agree with this. At all.

Now go back to *horns*uck.com and reside there for awhile, you are being too much of a ****** right now.

I'm always an *******.

But, it makes for entertaining Friday afternoons.

The Remnant
5/1/2009, 03:53 PM
With all the problems with the Longhorn football program over the last several years , it is amazing that one of their fans would come over to this board and act in a self-righteous manner. Simply amazing.

Collier11
5/1/2009, 03:55 PM

This is exactly true, if he comes to OU and gets in a huge fight, becomes a problem student, steals something, DUI, etc, etc... Stoops will be looked at poorly

So.. are all bets off?

If all this stuff is true it is really sad and he shouldnt be allowed on campus

I hope you dont believe this

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2009, 03:57 PM
Lid...you are about as ****ed in the head as mack brown.

Are your teeth just as yellow?

Now then....what makes you think that the girls parents even demanded money? This is just something you want to make up...so this part makes you look even that more desperate.

So Cedric Benson did not deserve a second chance?
Dusty Dvoracek didnt either?
What about Brandon Pettigrew?
What about R. Taylor?
What about Chris Collins? He did what he did while Texas was recruiting him. Yet they kept with him. Then he got kicked to the way side and picked up by Okie Lite.

All these players were given second chances by their respective coaches after ****ing up. Some panned out and did okay, some didnt.

You are truly a moron if you do not think people deserve a second chance.

MojoRisen
5/1/2009, 03:57 PM
I just smile thinking what he is capable of doing to Chasey MCcoy...

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2009, 04:00 PM
I hope you dont believe this

Yes I do believe this. Especially when it comes to young men around the age of Justin Chaisson.

What would have came about of Dusty Dvoracek if Coach Stoops would not have given him that second chance?

What would have happened of Rhett Bomar if the coach of Sam Houston State would not have given him that second chance?

What would have happened to Lynn McGruder if Coach Stoops would not have given him that second chance.

What would have happened with Brandon Pettigrew had Mike Gundy not given him a second chance?

What would have happened to Cedric Benson had he not been given that second chance by Mack Brown?

get my point?

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2009, 04:12 PM
Lid...you are about as ****ed in the head as *Mack* brown.

Are your teeth just as yellow?

White.. very white.

Now then....what makes you think that the girls parents even demanded money? This is just something you want to make up...so this part makes you look even that more desperate.

I did not say they did. It would not be the first time incentives have been given to make something go away though.

So Cedric Benson did not deserve a second chance?
Dusty Dvoracek didnt either?

It was more like his 4th chance.

What about Brandon Pettigrew?
What about R. Taylor?
What about Chris Collins? He did what he did while *Texas* was recruiting him. Yet they kept with him.

Fact check Skippy. When his criminal activity occurred, Texas kicked him to the curb. Nice attempted spin though.
Then he got kicked to the way side and picked up by Okie Lite.

All these players were given second chances by their respective coaches after ****ing up. Some panned out and did okay, some didnt.

You are truly a moron if you do not think people deserve a second chance.

I did not say that people did not deserve a second chance. I said that not ALL people deserved a second chance.

At least try to get your facts straight.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 04:17 PM
bottom line...if bowtie stops and thinks about it for a few seconds, he'll agree. the media will twist anything they see fit to get ratings even if it means throwing people under moving buses.

tell me, lid, where are all of these witnesses? why hasn't anything come out of his little brothers mouth good bad or indifferent?

why didn't the little princess show up for the court date? i think it may be easier to say nothing about that than to say either A. she didn't show up because the crap is all a lie or B. they didnt do the best job possible to get to the actual truth.

now, go sell your wolf bait somewhere else. the boy is on our team until further notice. go suck a fat babys junk.

picasso
5/1/2009, 04:21 PM
Lid's looking for a chain to yank. Just let him be and he'll opt out for his own.

Bet it reminds him of high school.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 04:23 PM
Lid's looking for a chain to yank. Just let him be and he'll opt out for his own.

Bet it reminds him of high school.

bah..hes a puussy. he got into law so he could sue the shiit out of the wommen that whipped his asss and stole his lunch money.

picasso
5/1/2009, 04:25 PM
well I wouldn't go that far. but it's obvious he's having fun at our expense.

Thanks again for that dropped INT at Tech, Lid.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 04:31 PM
well I wouldn't go that far. but it's obvious he's having fun at our expense.

Thanks again for that dropped INT at Tech, Lid.

well, if he's having fun at our expense, you would think he would at least acknowledge my posts...i've been trying to goad him into answering some of my smack for about a full year now and not once....

theresonly1OU
5/1/2009, 04:49 PM

Don't give me that "if this guy were to come to UT bull$h!t; I remember 2007 and the 6 arrested UT players.

Burglary, assult, DUI, and what do they get from the hardass Mack Brown? Suspensions.

Meanwhile, Stoops throws a blue chip recruit off his team for posting a rap video, goes "above and beyond" by the NCAA's own admission by dismissing his star QB and a very good OL, and he's the soft one?

Please.

Collier11
5/1/2009, 07:01 PM
Yes I do believe this. Especially when it comes to young men around the age of Justin Chaisson.

What would have came about of Dusty Dvoracek if Coach Stoops would not have given him that second chance?

What would have happened of Rhett Bomar if the coach of Sam Houston State would not have given him that second chance?

What would have happened to Lynn McGruder if Coach Stoops would not have given him that second chance.

What would have happened with Brandon Pettigrew had Mike Gundy not given him a second chance?

What would have happened to Cedric Benson had he not been given that second chance by *Mack* Brown?

get my point?

I think you are looking at this too broadly is my only point, not everyone deserves a 2nd chance and they are certainly not entitled to it, it is something they have to earn.

McGruder and Dvoracek were diff, Mcgruder had a pot charge and while Dusty did severely hurt someone, it was a fight that got out of hand cus his buddy through a beer in his face. Chiassion held a 17yr old girl against her will that was half his size, threatened her, apparently hit her, and had a screwdriver to her throat.

Now ive said all along that we need to wait for all the facts to come out and not just statements but if what weve heard thus far are facts I dont want him, sorry.

OU_Sooners75
5/2/2009, 05:20 AM
I think you are looking at this too broadly is my only point, not everyone deserves a 2nd chance and they are certainly not entitled to it, it is something they have to earn.

McGruder and Dvoracek were diff, Mcgruder had a pot charge and while Dusty did severely hurt someone, it was a fight that got out of hand cus his buddy through a beer in his face. Chiassion held a 17yr old girl against her will that was half his size, threatened her, apparently hit her, and had a screwdriver to her throat.

Now ive said all along that we need to wait for all the facts to come out and not just statements but if what weve heard thus far are facts I dont want him, sorry.

I understand what you are saying...but Dusty damn near killed the kid.

Anyway... I wrote a new article. Check it out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/166315-justin-chaisson-should-he-be-allowed-in-norman

SoonerInFortSmith
5/2/2009, 01:23 PM
It seems to me that if a very large, strong football player punched a 17 yr old girl in the ribs there would be enough damage that her family wouldn't be OK with the plea deal......No matter how long the families have been friends. That's the kind of **** friendships end over IMO.

TexasLidig8r
5/3/2009, 04:43 PM
well, if he's having fun at our expense, you would think he would at least acknowledge my posts...i've been trying to goad him into answering some of my s*Mack* for about a full year now and not once....

Why respond to someone who isn't capable or inclined to post in an intelligent, articulate matter? Why respond to someone who has never shown the slightest inclination to be objective or realistic?

You seem to be only capable of throwing out high school like insults and your smack is tired, trite and contrived.

Show some intellect, some insight and some clever, humorous posting, instead of the tripe you post that appeals mostly to inbred mouthbreathers, and I would be more than happy to go back and forth with you. Until then... there is no point.

delhalew
5/3/2009, 11:22 PM
Sounds like this kid may be a real ******. If there is much truth to this, I imagine he'll blow his chance before to long and Stoops send his butt packin'. He will be on the proverbial "thin ice".

Crucifax Autumn
5/4/2009, 01:45 AM
You are wrong...The kid has led a decent life and his girl was finging around some teen drama WB style.

delhalew
5/4/2009, 07:24 AM
I said MAY be Crucifax.

badger
5/4/2009, 07:31 AM
Why respond to someone who isn't capable or inclined to post in an intelligent, articulate matter? Why respond to someone who has never shown the slightest inclination to be objective or realistic?

I ask myself this every time I respond to you.

Tiebreaker... to Oklahoma!

Jello Biafra
5/4/2009, 09:33 AM

You seem to be only capable of throwing out high school like insults and your s*Mack* is tired, trite and contrived.

Show some intellect, some insight and some clever, humorous posting, instead of the tripe you post that appeals mostly to inbred mouthbreathers, and I would be more than happy to go back and forth with you. Until then... there is no point.

right because ALL of the posts ive made to your dumbass has been tripe and or contrived? unlike you, people know where they stand with me from day 1. if i like you, i wouldn't stick a knife in your back, if i don't, i WOULD **** on you only to put out a fire.

most of my posts have been asking simple questions that even you should be capable of answering... nice try

the real reason you don't answer is because you have zero come backs on any subject if you can't inject your moral superiority or can't somehow educate on the ways of the world. in actuality, you are a pompus asss that couldn't get a blow job in a room full of geriatric nymphomaniacs.

Crucifax Autumn
5/4/2009, 11:22 AM
That last line is one of the funniest things I've read on here in a very long time.

TexasLidig8r
5/5/2009, 11:55 AM
most of my posts have been asking simple questions that even you should be capable of answering... nice try

Feel free to ask away Skippy.. the only problem is, more often than not, your posts end up with juvenile, sophomoric statements like the following .....

the real reason you don't answer is because you have zero come backs on any subject if you can't inject your moral superiority or can't somehow educate on the ways of the world. in actuality, you are a pompus asss that couldn't get a blow job in a room full of geriatric nymphomaniacs.

And then, in an earlier post, you admitted you simply wanted to indulge in smack talking. What's the point, again, especially since you usually end up typing something that violates the rules of this site?

A-M
5/5/2009, 12:06 PM
I think it had to do more w/the fact that either they didn't have enough evidence to prove it or he didn't really do it.

Do you really believe this? Why would he plead to anything if her really didn't do it? You just don't get it! HE DID IT AND HE GOT CAUGHT DOING IT!!!

A-M
5/5/2009, 12:14 PM

Look for my post. I believe he is guilty and that he is getting a free ride. I am an avid sooner and do not agree with these others on this board. So, don't think that all sooners like what is happening with this kid. He was wrong and could have just as easily been caught after he struck the screwdriver in her neck and she was dead. He needs to be in jail and not playing football and having a good old time with all the guys!

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 12:18 PM
Do you really believe this? Why would he plead to anything if her really didn't do it? You just don't get it! HE DID IT AND HE GOT CAUGHT DOING IT!!!

If he got caught doing it then why is he getting a year of probation? People are convicted every day of crimes they didn't commit. Why risk it. Is it possible that this whole thing was blown out of proportion? YES!

A-M
5/5/2009, 12:37 PM
If he got caught doing it then why is he getting a year of probation? People are convicted every day of crimes they didn't commit. Why risk it. Is it possible that this whole thing was blown out of proportion? YES!

NO!!!

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 12:40 PM
And then, in an earlier post, you admitted you simply wanted to indulge in s*Mack* talking. What's the point, again, especially since you usually end up typing something that violates the rules of this site?

like calling people skippy?
you know how i know you're gay?

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 12:42 PM
NO!!!

So since it couldn't have been blown out of proportion you must have been in the car w/them. I am simply going by the fact that the DA gave him one year of probation and some anger management classes for allegedly "punching her in the ribs" and threatening to kill her with a "screwdriver". That DA must just be really nice.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 12:42 PM
NO!!!

im not going to argue about this because well, you're a grandma but i can see you coming on this site tomorrow after the court makes its ruling and changing your plea....

there are far too many things working against you in this argument.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 12:45 PM
And then, in an earlier post, you admitted you simply wanted to indulge in s*Mack* talking. What's the point, again, especially since you usually end up typing something that violates the rules of this site?

o yeh....

me *thumping chest* soonah

you *poking you in your bird chest* whoren.....

in other words, don't let the door clip your asss on the way out, it could bruise your fallopian tubes...

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 01:04 PM
So when can we sign his little brother?

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 01:44 PM
from the oklahoman:

The day before the alleged attack, the ex-girlfriend obtained a restraining order against Chaisson, but the charge for violating the order was thrown out April 19 after no representative for the plaintiff showed up in court.

and possibly because according to the earliest of reports, she confronted him at his car before the incident was moved to a store away from the school.

so, if she actually made contact with him, wouldnt this be a violation of the restraining order put forth by her? just trying to keep the points straight here. whos fault would this be? hers or his?

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 02:26 PM
David Roger (Clark County DA) is a 1979 graduate of Bishop Gorman. It's all a big conspiracy.:D

TexasLidig8r
5/5/2009, 02:28 PM
So since it couldn't have been blown out of proportion you must have been in the car w/them. I am simply going by the fact that the DA gave him one year of probation and some anger management classes for allegedly "punching her in the ribs" and threatening to kill her with a "screwdriver". That DA must just be really nice.

The criminal sentence was only for 2 of the offenses.

The others are being plead out May 6 where additional time, perhaps even jail time (although unlikely), will be assessed.

SOFSooner
5/5/2009, 02:47 PM
I am a Sooner fan that is deployed overseas, and I read all the threads on this subject. The only thing I can come up with is we only know what we read and have no idea of what happened in this situation. We not only have no say in the court case or what Coach Stoops will do with the young man I suggest that we wait until the final decision is made and then make all the comments you want. I can guarantee the media will blow it out proportion no matter what happens, they need to sell newspapers now that so many well known papers are going belly up.

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 02:50 PM
I am a Sooner fan that is deployed overseas, and I read all the threads on this subject. The only thing I can come up with is we only know what we read and have no idea of what happened in this situation. We not only have no say in the court case or what Coach Stoops will do with the young man I suggest that we wait until the final decision is made and then make all the comments you want. I can guarantee the media will blow it out proportion no matter what happens, they need to sell newspapers now that so many well known papers are going belly up.

Spek fer servin My young friend
The only one here who is Blowing things out, is lid
cause he succs

goingoneight
5/5/2009, 06:53 PM
I know Stoops is taking the "innocent until proven guilty" approach here... but you know it's going through his mind that this could add more insult to injury with his reputation among rivals and national media.

Another big gamble by Stoops, but when you think about it... there's no other way to handle it as of now. The kid has a nasty situation come up on the other side of the country while Stoops is working on Spring Football in Norman. Kicking him off the team right now might save a lot of heartache, it might make him look good, but it may not be the right decision. Small chance it's all been blown way out of proportion and Chaisson turns up with a slap on the wrist and could go on and do well.

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 07:05 PM
I know Stoops is taking the "innocent until proven guilty" approach here... but you know it's going through his mind that this could add more insult to injury with his reputation among rivals and national media.

Another big gamble by Stoops, but when you think about it... there's no other way to handle it as of now. The kid has a nasty situation come up on the other side of the country while Stoops is working on Spring Football in Norman. Kicking him off the team right now might save a lot of heartache, it might make him look good, but it may not be the right decision. Small chance it's all been blown way out of proportion and Chaisson turns up with a slap on the wrist and could go on and do well.

In Stoops I trust

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 10:17 AM
This is from April 30th so it's not new info.

KVBC.com

A former Bishop Gorman High School football star who has a scholarship to play at Oklahoma next season has reached a plea deal that could lead to the dismissal of felony charges in an attack on his former girlfriend.

A lawyer told a Las Vegas judge that 18-year-old Justin Chaisson intends to plead guilty May 6 to misdemeanor battery-domestic violence and coercion.

Chaisson would get probation, have to complete domestic violence counseling and serve 48 hours of community service.

Collier11
5/6/2009, 10:25 AM
I hadnt heard that, honestly guys if those charges stick and he does plead guilty then by by

A-M
5/7/2009, 10:31 AM

First of all, people get probation because the jails are full. Secondly, would you say you did something you didn't and have a record the rest of your life if you didn't do anything wrong? Boy, I sure would not!!!!! I would fight to prove I was not guilty for the rest of my days. But, if you would like to have a record for something you did not do, then just go ahead and take a deal from the DA, see if anyone believes you didn't do it then.

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 10:43 AM
First of all, people get probation because the jails are full. Secondly, would you say you did something you didn't and have a record the rest of your life if you didn't do anything wrong? Boy, I sure would not!!!!! I would fight to prove I was not guilty for the rest of my days. But, if you would like to have a record for something you did not do, then just go ahead and take a deal from the DA, see if anyone believes you didn't do it then.

Yea jails are full because we have too many wrongfully convicted people in them.

The United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, admits that statistically 8% to 12% of all state prisoners are either actually or factually innocent.

BornandBred
5/7/2009, 10:47 AM

So many things wrong with this:

First, this kind of probation is generally for first time offenders. It's like a freebie. It's not directly related to full jails, though they are past capacity most of the time. It's often a scare tactic because good people screw up sometimes and need a little correction without having their lives forever marked.

Second, generally, a probationary period comes with whatever charges were leveled being expunged from the record at conclusion of the period. Think of being on probation for a speeding ticket. If you get out of the 6 months or whatever without further incident, your record is clean. It's likely he's gotten some kind of deal like this so it won't necessarily be on his record forever.

Third, it's a defendants RIGHT to NOT have to prove he's not guilty. It's the DA's responsibility to prove he did it. Not defending yourself is in no way an admission of guilt.

While I think the kid likely did what he's been charged with, I don't think he should be labeled a violent offender or anything like that. He tried to scare her, and it worked. I'm not all for letting the kid back on, but I don't think it's worth throwing his life away because he screwed up. I don't know the kid, Stoops does. He'll be able to judge more accurately than me if this kid is a real problem or not. If he is, he should be gone. If it was a one time, emotional, stupid thing, I'm more willing to let the kid back. Again, as many have stated before, I trust Stoops. And those that say he runs a dirty program or anything like that need to get off their high horses and realize they've likely been given a second chance at some point or another. Unless you're Jesus, or Tebow, you ain't perfect.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 10:48 AM
Yea jails are full because we have too many wrongfully convicted people in them.

The United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, admits that statistically 8% to 12% of all state prisoners are either actually or factually innocent.

agreed. you hear of evidence getting jacked up and someone spending the better part of their life behind bars for less. you don't have to look any farther than okc for one such story. that chick put untold amounts of people behind bars on purpose.

A-M
5/7/2009, 10:54 AM

I asked you a question, I didn't ask for stats about anything. You guys who think that a little of abuse to a woman is OK make me sick. I wonder how you treat the women in you life. Think goodness I'm not one of them! Let a minor DV issue go and then you have major problems, and even death. If you knew how much of your tax money went to take care of the issues created by DV, you would be shocked. So, I'll stick with my idea that he did something really wrong and you can continue to believe what you want. He's guilty as sin and should pay for it!

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 10:57 AM
A-M you don't have a clue what happened in that car! Neither do I, but I know that the guy isn't doing time, so that tells me something. I don't think myself or anybody else on here have to justify how we treat women in our lives.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:06 AM
I asked you a question, I didn't ask for stats about anything. You guys who think that a little of abuse to a woman is OK make me sick. I wonder how you treat the women in you life. Think goodness I'm not one of them! Let a minor DV issue go and then you have major problems, and even death. If you knew how much of your tax money went to take care of the issues created by DV, you would be shocked. So, I'll stick with my idea that he did something really wrong and you can continue to believe what you want. He's guilty as sin and should pay for it!

its interesting you should bring this up....my wife and I had a real nice long argument about this very issue last night. she was obviously on the girls side...

my argument was this. i think the TRUTH lies somewhere in between. i don't think he is 100% innocent but he's not exactly all to blame. if you file a VPO, you probably should't approach him in the school parking lot less than 24 hours after signing it.

i have been the victim of very vindictive wimmins and although i KNEW i was innocent, there was absolutely squat i could do or say about it. luckily, evidence was in place that cleared me. did i blacken her eye? yes. absolutely. what if my friend actually wasn't there when i was hiit over the head with that pool cue and she came at me with the broken stick? you guessed it, i would have gone to jail and would have likely been convicted through UCMJ. even though my friend WAS there and said she hit me first, her freind(S) said i started it..see the problem with just blindly following the womens statements?

word to the wise, stay away from drunken german women who state they WILL take the pool table from you even if they have to cheat. :)

btw, my wife thinks we need to find hobbies and/or get your lsists done before our significant others backhand us.

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 11:07 AM
So, I'll stick with my idea that he did something really wrong and you can continue to believe what you want. He's guilty as sin and should pay for it!

Based on what? Because that's how the media reported it? They've never gotten anything wrong.:rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:15 AM
Based on what? Because that's how the media reported it? They've never gotten anything wrong.:rolleyes:

notice noone is talking about the economy since the swine flu scare?

the media uses us as they see fit. if they want to sell papers, they will. no matter who it hurts.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 11:17 AM

The facts have come out now for the most part, how are some of you still acting like he did nothing wrong? Are you choosing to be blind about this or just dont pay attention?

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:22 AM
The facts have come out now for the most part, how are some of you still acting like he did nothing wrong? Are you choosing to be blind about this or just dont pay attention?

ok. maybe im just dense. what exactly DID he admit to doing? we've already established no contest does not MEAN "i plead guilt"

Collier11
5/7/2009, 11:30 AM
thats the beauty of "not contest" but lets not play dumb here, he was still sentenced for "supposedly" punching her, dragging her to the desert, and threatening to kill her.

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 11:30 AM

Link? Who's reporting the facts?

A-M
5/8/2009, 04:41 PM
So many things wrong with this:

First, this kind of probation is generally for first time offenders. It's like a freebie. It's not directly related to full jails, though they are past capacity most of the time. It's often a scare tactic because good people screw up sometimes and need a little correction without having their lives forever marked.

Second, generally, a probationary period comes with whatever charges were leveled being expunged from the record at conclusion of the period. Think of being on probation for a speeding ticket. If you get out of the 6 months or whatever without further incident, your record is clean. It's likely he's gotten some kind of deal like this so it won't necessarily be on his record forever.

Third, it's a defendants RIGHT to NOT have to prove he's not guilty. It's the DA's responsibility to prove he did it. Not defending yourself is in no way an admission of guilt.

While I think the kid likely did what he's been charged with, I don't think he should be labeled a violent offender or anything like that. He tried to scare her, and it worked. I'm not all for letting the kid back on, but I don't think it's worth throwing his life away because he screwed up. I don't know the kid, Stoops does. He'll be able to judge more accurately than me if this kid is a real problem or not. If he is, he should be gone. If it was a one time, emotional, stupid thing, I'm more willing to let the kid back. Again, as many have stated before, I trust Stoops. And those that say he runs a dirty program or anything like that need to get off their high horses and realize they've likely been given a second chance at some point or another. Unless you're Jesus, or The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, you ain't perfect.

First, I never siad it wasn't OK to give him probation since he is a first time offender. I said he was guilty.

Secondly, just because he gets probation do not mean his record will be wipped away after he serves his time. After all, he is not a minor here.

Third, he proved he isn't guilty to the higher charge by pleading guilty to a lessor charge. Yea, that means he's not guilty at all to me. :rolleyes:

Lastly, I have never said that he should or should not be on the team or if I trusted Stoops about making the right decision on this. I only said that he is guilty and it was a serious thing that he did not just a little thing since he only held her against her will for 20 minutes like some guy did on here.

A-M
5/8/2009, 04:43 PM
A-M you don't have a clue what happened in that car! Neither do I, but I know that the guy isn't doing time, so that tells me something. I don't think myself or anybody else on here have to justify how we treat women in our lives.

No answer, must hit close to home.

A-M
5/8/2009, 04:44 PM

Simple, he pleaded guilty to doing something wrong and against the law!!!!!!

A-M
5/8/2009, 04:57 PM
thats the beauty of "not contest" but lets not play dumb here, he was still sentenced for "supposedly" punching her, dragging her to the desert, and threatening to kill her.

Thanks Collier11!! Not many here think that he is guilty even though he is pleading guilty to a lessor offense then originally charged. However, they will not believe he is guilty until they hear it from his own mouth, because we all know that the newspapers, TV, internet and radios don't have to tell the truth. Personally, I felt that since there were witnesses to the events who called the policy, for help he wasn't just wispering love words in her ear. You don't call the policy without there being a problem.

Collier11
5/8/2009, 05:35 PM
Link? Who's reporting the facts?

There are several links posted between the different Chaisson threads, im not going to post them again

BlackwellSooner
5/8/2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Collier11!! Not many here think that he is guilty even though he is pleading guilty to a lessor offense then originally charged. However, they will not believe he is guilty until they hear it from his own mouth, because we all know that the newspapers, TV, internet and radios don't have to tell the truth. Personally, I felt that since there were witnesses to the events who called the policy, for help he wasn't just wispering love words in her ear. You don't call the policy without there being a problem.

Having read this whole thread, it is obvious that you are thinking with your emotions. Your posts reflect that:

even though he is pleading guilty to a lessor offense then originally charged. He is NOT pleading guilty, he is pleading no contest. NOT the same thing. I suspect that your gender has something to do with your viewpoint. While I think that he undoubtedly lost his cool, and deserves the probation that was handed down, I also (not having been there * neither were you) am of the opinion that it is awfully easy to blame him 100%, and the girl in the matter is totally the victim.

How do we KNOW all this? Hearsay. And before you cite the girlfriend's words, who would you expect the friend to support?

All I know is that there is ALWAYS two sides to every story, and we are only hearing one side.

That is all...

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2009, 10:10 PM

Collier...I know you are a young man...but a "no contest" plea is not an admission of guilt.

"However, while the person charged with the crime is not pleading guilty or contesting the charges, he or she is often considered guilty when pleading no contest. If sentencing for a crime is immediate, then the plea does not carry any special weight when a judge considers sentencing.
In fact, a person who wants a trial to defend his or her innocence would probably not use a no-contest plea. Sometimes a court can be petitioned for a change of plea, but this is not always allowed.

Instead, the no-contest plea is almost always used when the plea results in immediate sentencing. Additionally, a person convicted of a crime who pleaded no contest is just as guilty as if he or she pleaded guilty.

In some cases, however, clients who feel they would not win at charges but assert their innocence are convinced to plead no contest since this will result in a plea bargain.
If the case really seems unwinnable in a trial by jury, a shorter sentence option may be more attractive. Yet the person still wants to somehow not make an absolute statement of guilt.
In this case, one may plead no contest to suggest that one is resigned to accepting punishment for the charges but is not making an assertion of guilt.

This may not always be an effective strategy, particularly if the person asserting innocence may also be facing civil court for behaviors for which he or she is pleading no contest.
In fact, a no contest plea is often looked at as a plea of guilty by the civil court, and thus the person is likely to lose lawsuits in civil court that result from damages incurred by the alleged crime.
The no-contest plea does not keep the court from finding the person guilty. In fact, it almost always results in conviction." View Source (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-no-contest-plea.htm#il)

Though a no contest plea is usually looked at as being guilty, it is not an admission to guilt.

I may be wrong, but doesn't OU have an admission policy where they will not approve an aplication to attend OU if that person has a felony conviction or is awaiting trial?

If so, then maybe the no contest plea came about so JC would not be in and out of court for the next year or two? Maybe, like I have said before, he is guilty to an extent, but not of all charges and thought a plea would be better than dragging it out?

I really do not know. I was not a fly on the wall in the court room, nor was I there when this BS happened.

But he was not sentenced for the original charges that were felonies.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2009, 10:13 PM

You cannot be this ****ing stupid...can you?

He did not plead guilt. he plead no contest. BIG Difference. However, the no contest plea usually carries the weight of being guilty...but the DA would not lower the charges or even offer it if he knew JC did everything reported in the papers.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2009, 10:18 PM
There are several links posted between the different Chaisson threads, im not going to post them again

:confused:

You are not going to post them, because you know they are not known facts.

Funny how the story of this situation changed in just the short time it was first reported....

Went from:

Starting inside the school with a counselor/teacher witnessing it, to outside of the school with no counselor/teacher witnessing it.
From him approaching the girl to the girl harassing JC's new girlfriend.
From: after leaving the desert, dropped her off at home. To: after leaving the desert and dropping her off somewhere else.
From her not being harmed in anyway when he left to the desert with 2 of her friends trailing them. To her being punched in the ribs with a friend witnessing it while trailing them.I for one have never said he is totally innocent of any of this. But I have been reserved in judgement. I have also said multiple times that this situation seems blown out of porportion.

olevetonahill
5/9/2009, 04:55 AM

I usually just slap da bitch silly;)

olevetonahill
5/9/2009, 05:00 AM
Simple, he pleaded guilty to doing something wrong and against the law!!!!!!

I beat a bitch once
:P

A-M
5/9/2009, 11:01 AM
You are correct and I am totally wrong. He didn't do anything wrong, because he didn't say he was guilty in court. I stand corrected and please forgive me for thinking that just becuase he pleaded "no contest" said that he did something wrong. I'll remember that the next time I get arrested and tell the DA I didn't do it, but I'll plead "no contest" just to get it over. Then I can go back to my grandkids knowing that i am not guilty. Of course, my grandkids will also know I'm not guilty and still think I am a wonderful and law abiding person. Thats all the time I have to spend on this subject.

Collier11
5/9/2009, 11:23 AM
while no contest is not an admission of guilt, it is VERY RARELY pled by the defendant when they did nothing wrong

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2009, 01:47 PM
while no contest is not an admission of guilt, it is VERY RARELY pled by the defendant when they did nothing wrong

Who is saying he did nothing wrong?

I havent. And neither has anyone else I have seen. At least here or any other place I visit.

But what I am a few others are saying is this:
(sorry for the caps, but maybe with them, you and everyone else will understand better)

I DO NOT THINK HE IS TOTALLY INNOCENT. HOWEVER, I DO THINK THINGS HAVE BEEN BLOW OUT OF PORPORTION.

IF THE D.A. HAD ENOUGH SOLID PROOF THAT JUSTIN CHAISSON WAS A DANGER TO SOCIETY AND DID ALL THE STUFF REPORTED BY A NEWSPAPER, NO PLEA BARGAIN WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED. OR AT LEAST NO PLEA BARGAIN THAT WOULD RESULT IN NO JAIL TIME.

NO WITNESS WAS WILLING TO TESTIFY FOR THE PROSECUTORS. THE D.A. WOULD HAVE MOVED FORWARD WITH ONLY HEARSAY AND NO WITNESSES. SO THE D.A. STRUCK A DEAL SO HE CAN STILL WIN, AND SO DOES J.C.

Had J.C. fought tooth and nail to the end with this case, it could have taken him 1 - 2 years, maybe even longer to get it resolved.

If he had done that, then J.C. would not be in norman or anywhere else playing college football until it was resolved. Plus, he may have found himself with a biased jury that found him guilty...sending him to jail for quite awhile.

Like I said before, do I think he is innocent? Not totally, or he would have fought this thing out. But I think some of the "facts" have been stretched.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2009, 01:50 PM
You are correct and I am totally wrong. He didn't do anything wrong, because he didn't say he was guilty in court. I stand corrected and please forgive me for thinking that just becuase he pleaded "no contest" said that he did something wrong. I'll remember that the next time I get arrested and tell the DA I didn't do it, but I'll plead "no contest" just to get it over. Then I can go back to my grandkids knowing that i am not guilty. Of course, my grandkids will also know I'm not guilty and still think I am a wonderful and law abiding person. Thats all the time I have to spend on this subject.

You are not the brightest bulb in the drawer are you?

Stop trying to pitch a sympathy fit and actually comprehend what people post.

I never thought I would see the day that someone would rival Nick Zepplin in the stupidity department here!

A-M
5/9/2009, 07:48 PM

I havent. And neither has anyone else I have seen. At least here or any other place I visit.

(sorry for the caps, but maybe with them, you and everyone else will understand better)

I DO NOT THINK HE IS TOTALLY INNOCENT. HOWEVER, I DO THINK THINGS HAVE BEEN BLOW OUT OF PORPORTION.

IF THE D.A. HAD ENOUGH SOLID PROOF THAT JUSTIN CHAISSON WAS A DANGER TO SOCIETY AND DID ALL THE STUFF REPORTED BY A NEWSPAPER, NO PLEA BARGAIN WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED. OR AT LEAST NO PLEA BARGAIN THAT WOULD RESULT IN NO JAIL TIME.

NO WITNESS WAS WILLING TO TESTIFY FOR THE PROSECUTORS. THE D.A. WOULD HAVE MOVED FORWARD WITH ONLY HEARSAY AND NO WITNESSES. SO THE D.A. STRUCK A DEAL SO HE CAN STILL WIN, AND SO DOES J.C.

Had J.C. fought tooth and nail to the end with this case, it could have taken him 1 - 2 years, maybe even longer to get it resolved.

If he had done that, then J.C. would not be in norman or anywhere else playing college football until it was resolved. Plus, he may have found himself with a biased jury that found him guilty...sending him to jail for quite awhile.

Like I said before, do I think he is innocent? Not totally, or he would have fought this thing out. But I think some of the "facts" have been stretched.

I thought that you were either guilty or innocent. I didn't know that you could tell the judge that you were just a little guilty! And you think I don't understand things. You must not even have a bulb. Look at yourself buddy because you are the stupid one on here, not me!

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2009, 11:49 PM
I thought that you were either guilty or innocent. I didn't know that you could tell the judge that you were just a little guilty! And you think I don't understand things. You must not even have a bulb. Look at yourself buddy because you are the stupid one on here, not me!

Reading comprehension fails you..yet again!

I do not think the story as originally reported is true in every aspect of that word.

Do I think he did something stupid? Yeah...just like the rest of us have in our lives, and everytime you open your mouth.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2009, 11:51 PM

Honestly A-M...you cannot be this dense can you?

Collier11
5/10/2009, 03:24 AM

You think or you wish, it seems to me like you are hoping that things are blown otu of proportion when you have seen what has come out. Depsite the inconsistencies, the overall jist of the situation has remained the same. He obviously did this, whether provoked or not it doesnt matter, cus he obviously did it

Seamus
5/10/2009, 04:15 AM
Can't help but wonder if you can neg an entire thread ... :eek:

A-M
5/10/2009, 08:44 AM
Reading comprehension fails you..yet again!

I do not think the story as originally reported is true in every aspect of that word.

Do I think he did something stupid? Yeah...just like the rest of us have in our lives, and everytime you open your mouth.

Why don't you guys understand that you don't get arrested for doing something stupid! If that were the case, we all would be going before the judge to plead "no contest". He was arrested for breaking the law and he went before a judge and plead "no contest" which translated to everyday language means he said "I'm guilty of breaking the law". Now open your mouth and say something.

A-M
5/10/2009, 08:48 AM
Honestly A-M...you cannot be this dense can you?

Maybe you will have a daughter, aunt, mother or other female relative or friend someday who will have her male friend, mate, etc. hit her. Then and only then will you begin to understand the seriousness of D.V. Come back after this happens in your life and tell me how dense I am then. You won't because you will agree with me. He is guilty and that's all there is to it!

Jello Biafra
5/10/2009, 10:34 AM
Maybe you will have a daughter, aunt, mother or other female relative or friend someday who will have her male friend, mate, etc. hit her. Then and only then will you begin to understand the seriousness of D.V. Come back after this happens in your life and tell me how dense I am then. You won't because you will agree with me. He is guilty and that's all there is to it!

as of now, he will have the interlocking OU on his helmet....the end.

and o btw, i am the one willing to go to jail if this happened to my daughter because i know how i raised her. if she antagonized the incident,sorry bout the out come.

right now, you need to just shut yer yap...you sound like a man hater and no matter what chaisson does in his life from this day forward, will not be good enough for you.

njoy mothers day and stop worrying what this 18 year old did or did not do.

Curly Bill
5/10/2009, 10:54 AM
Does anyone think A-M is a troll for Nancy Grace?

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 12:19 PM
Look for my post. I believe he is guilty and that he is getting a free ride. I am an avid sooner and do not agree with these others on this board. So, don't think that all sooners like what is happening with this kid. He was wrong and could have just as easily been caught after he struck the screwdriver in her neck and she was dead. He needs to be in jail and not playing football and having a good old time with all the guys!

First, I never siad it wasn't OK to give him probation since he is a first time offender. I said he was guilty.

Secondly, just because he gets probation do not mean his record will be wipped away after he serves his time. After all, he is not a minor here.

Third, he proved he isn't guilty to the higher charge by pleading guilty to a lessor charge. Yea, that means he's not guilty at all to me. :rolleyes:

Lastly, I have never said that he should or should not be on the team or if I trusted Stoops about making the right decision on this. I only said that he is guilty and it was a serious thing that he did not just a little thing since he only held her against her will for 20 minutes like some guy did on here.

Talk out of Both faces much ?:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 12:44 PM
Does anyone think A-M is a troll for Nancy Grace?

Heh.

Would seem so.

ufQ2cCwyOtA

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 12:59 PM
http://static.zooomr.com/images/2467703_dd5f1d44bb.jpg

Now Make me a sammich :D

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 01:00 PM
Ahhhhh....the good old days.

Lott's Bandana
5/10/2009, 01:01 PM
He needs to be in jail and not playing football and having a good old time with all the guys!

I come in and read this thread way, way late.

Some observations:

1. A-M's righteous indignation over a charge of assault leads to her calling for justice in the form of forced gang rape. (see above quote)

Luvely.

Do you iron your hood and sheet between cross-burnings or do you just hang them on the clothesline between the trailers?

2. Lid has been replaced by someone called A-M. Where did Mr Bowtie go?

3. Lid's original assertion that the Sooners fan-base has a "win-at-all-costs" mentality is like Hitler telling Mussolini to "tone it down, Dude."

4. The University's position on this seems to be to let the criminal justice system sort this all out.
This young man, although a signatory of a letter of intent, does not represent this University until he steps on campus and comes under the umbrella of supervision of his coaches, the athletic department, the academic and campus departments that ensure his well-being.
It can be assured, had this high school kid already become a Sooner, with a jersey number and the experience of being indoctrinated into the University and Team's policies on behavior and ethics...he'd be gone.
And I'm guessing most of us on SF as well as the rest of the fan-base would be wishing him bon voyage.

5. There are a lot of folks yelling at the mirror.

6. There are a lot of folks yelling at the mirror.

7. There are a lot of folks yelling at the mirror.

8. There are a lot of...

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 01:05 PM
What's #9?

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 01:37 PM
You think or you wish, it seems to me like you are hoping that things are blown otu of proportion when you have seen what has come out. Depsite the inconsistencies, the overall jist of the situation has remained the same. He obviously did this, whether provoked or not it doesnt matter, cus he obviously did it

Collier you can argue against the boy until you are blue in the face.

The only facts in this case that have been revealed is the fact that DA knew he did not have a very strong case because he had no willing witnesses to testify for him, so he offered a plea deal.

J.C. and his attorney knew that this thing could have been dragged out in court of a year or more. So they decided to take a plea with no jail time so J.C. could move on with his life and still arrive in Norman with no complications.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 01:38 PM
Can't help but wonder if you can neg an entire thread ... :eek:

As long as you do not mind the hammer being thrown back. :D

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 01:40 PM
Why don't you guys understand that you don't get arrested for doing something stupid! If that were the case, we all would be going before the judge to plead "no contest". He was arrested for breaking the law and he went before a judge and plead "no contest" which translated to everyday language means he said "I'm guilty of breaking the law". Now open your mouth and say something.

You do realize that you do get arrested for doing stupid things.

It seems you have been isolated your entire life. If you havent been, then you are just about as stupid and as naive as one can get.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 01:45 PM

I have a daughter.

I have also been in a relationship where the woman was the one doing the hitting.

So please do not act it is only a one way street.

And once again since you are too ****ing ignorant to see a pattern.

Among other things that have changed since this story first came out...

The one that fits your pathetic attempt of an argument....

It was first reported that the girl was returned unharmed. Then all of a sudden it changed to her being hit in the ribs.

Seriously though...enjoy mother's day. But please stop being a ****ing retard.

starclassic tama
5/10/2009, 01:49 PM
I have also been in a relationship where the woman was the one doing the hitting.

LOL

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 01:51 PM
LOL

Laugh all you want....The relationship did not last long after she started hitting.

But I can say this much...I never hit the bitch back.

Lott's Bandana
5/10/2009, 01:58 PM
What's #9?

Revolution

SoonerInFortSmith
5/10/2009, 03:14 PM
LOL

Not cool. Why is it that when a man strikes a woman he is the devil but when the roles are reversed it makes the man a p***y? My ex-wife used to hit me too. Until you have been there keep your dumbass judgement to yourself.

CrimsonJim
5/10/2009, 03:25 PM
LOL

Real class there, trauma. Wait until you get your sorry @ss out of diapers before you go laughing at the real life problems of others. Grow up boy.

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 03:27 PM
I really only worry about super glue or dismemberment in my sleep.

Collier11
5/10/2009, 03:29 PM
LOL

I realize that internet message boards arent always a prime spot to find maturity but you need to grow up, I realize this is tough for you to understand when your toughest daily decisions are which EMO song to cry yourself to sleep to and if you will have time to play world of warcraft...you just dont have to be so obvious

CrimsonJim
5/10/2009, 03:40 PM

If I may kindly interject something here, and I am not piling on. I am a proud grandafather, who has seen the other "possible" side of this situation in real life. My son was falsely accused of abusing his girlfriend (the mother of my first grandson). No charges were ever filed, for obvious reasons - she was a lying bitch.

While we're not wealthy or hold any major social stature, we are known by most in our community. Now, can you imagine how our son felt, and how we felt, as we go out in public and you can just "FEEL" that everybody is thinking the worst of your son, because yes, "word got around". If you can't imagine what I am speaking of, it was a living hell.

We told our son to keep his head high and the truth would eventually come out, which it did. People just couldn't believe that she made that shat up and were oh so sorry that we had to go through that. It is all but forgotten now by everybody else, but it will never be forgotten by us. Don't doubt it until you've lived it.

I have no idea if Justin is guilty or not, and neither do you. Having gone through what we went through, and now you having heard my story, should be enough for anyone to wise up and not pass judgment on ANYBODY unless you know ALL the facts. None of us here do, so we should just all wish the young man well. If something comes up in the future to prove otherwise, so be it, but that is not the case at this point in time.

p.s. And yes, I have a daughter too.

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 03:51 PM
Most of you Women wouldn't get hit a 2nd time if you'd learn from your first mistake.

StoopTroup
5/10/2009, 03:53 PM
I think I forgot this...;)

A-M
5/10/2009, 08:26 PM
Not cool. Why is it that when a man strikes a woman he is the devil but when the roles are reversed it makes the man a p***y? My ex-wife used to hit me too. Until you have been there keep your dumbass judgement to yourself.

I am sorry that you had to endure that SoonerInFortSmith. It is not OK for a man to his a woman nor is it OK for a woman to hit a man. There are more men hitting women, but there are still a good amount of women hitting men and that should not happen either. I never said it was OK no matter who was doing the hitting. In fact, I am against all violence and that includes war and the like. But, I'm sure that will cause a lot of the guys on this form to jump me for saying that, but thats how I feel and I'm willing to say it. There is never any reason for a person to hurt another person except in self-defense and only as much force that is required to protect oneself.
Glad your out of the abusive relation with you ex-wife and hope you have found some women to love who treats you with respect and love.

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 08:31 PM
I am sorry that you had to endure that SoonerInFortSmith. It is not OK for a man to his a woman nor is it OK for a woman to hit a man. There are more men hitting women, but there are still a good amount of women hitting men and that should not happen either. I never said it was OK no matter who was doing the hitting. In fact, I am against all violence and that includes war and the like. But, I'm sure that will cause a lot of the guys on this form to jump me for saying that, but thats how I feel and I'm willing to say it. There is never any reason for a person to hurt another person except in self-defense and only as much force that is required to protect oneself.
Glad your out of the abusive relation with you ex-wife and hope you have found some women to love who treats you with respect and love.

Until YOU and ever one else Realizes that Humans are Nothing More than a Higher form Of animal, Yall gonna need the Doctors and **** :rolleyes:

A-M
5/10/2009, 08:35 PM
If I may kindly interject something here, and I am not piling on. I am a proud grandafather, who has seen the other "possible" side of this situation in real life. My son was falsely accused of abusing his girlfriend (the mother of my first grandson). No charges were ever filed, for obvious reasons - she was a lying bitch.

While we're not wealthy or hold any major social stature, we are known by most in our community. Now, can you imagine how our son felt, and how we felt, as we go out in public and you can just "FEEL" that everybody is thinking the worst of your son, because yes, "word got around". If you can't imagine what I am speaking of, it was a living hell.

We told our son to keep his head high and the truth would eventually come out, which it did. People just couldn't believe that she made that shat up and were oh so sorry that we had to go through that. It is all but forgotten now by everybody else, but it will never be forgotten by us. Don't doubt it until you've lived it.

I have no idea if Justin is guilty or not, and neither do you. Having gone through what we went through, and now you having heard my story, should be enough for anyone to wise up and not pass judgment on ANYBODY unless you know ALL the facts. None of us here do, so we should just all wish the young man well. If something comes up in the future to prove otherwise, so be it, but that is not the case at this point in time.

p.s. And yes, I have a daughter too.

No arrest, no charges, no pleading, he did noting wrong. You don't have to know all the facts if he is arrested and the DA charges him with something, he pleads "no contest" to a lessor charge, doesn't that mean there is something to it? Call me stupid, again, but I think it does, OU on his helmet or not! Of course, he isn't in Norman yet, so who knows what will happen before that happens.

Vaevictis
5/10/2009, 08:46 PM
No arrest, no charges, no pleading, he did noting wrong. You don't have to know all the facts if he is arrested and the DA charges him with something, he pleads "no contest" to a lessor charge, doesn't that mean there is something to it? Call me stupid, again, but I think it does, OU on his helmet or not! Of course, he isn't in Norman yet, so who knows what will happen before that happens.

Theoretically, it could just mean that he doesn't want to go through a trial.

It would be more distracting for his career to go through one, innocent or guilty, than to plead no contest and play the penitent and eventually have it washed from the public's mind through good behavior.

Now, I'm not saying that's the case -- I'm just saying it's a possibility.

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 08:48 PM
Theoretically, it could just mean that he doesn't want to go through a trial.

It would be more distracting for his career to go through one, innocent or guilty, than to plead no contest and play the penitent and eventually have it washed from the public's mind through good behavior.

Now, I'm not saying that's the case -- I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Great Post
Granny needs to get off her soap box :D

Vaevictis
5/10/2009, 08:51 PM
Well, it worked for Dusty Dvoracek, right?

A-M
5/10/2009, 08:53 PM
I come in and read this thread way, way late.

Some observations:

1. A-M's righteous indignation over a charge of assault leads to her calling for justice in the form of forced gang rape. (see above quote)

Luvely.

Do you really think that the statement below is a form of forced gang rape?

Originally Posted by A-M
"He needs to be in jail and not playing football and having a good old time with all the guys!"

My statement above in NO WAY had anything to do with a form of forced gang rape. As a person who endured being raped by own father (incest) for many years as a child, I can tell you that making a joke about it is noting a person should be doing! We have been discussing a situation where a young man was charged with DV against his girlfriend and pled "no contest" to a lessor charge. You need to get with the program and make your statements appropriate to the subject. I throughly resent the fact that you would indicate that I would wish anyone to be through a form of forced gang rape. I said what I ment to say, and nothing more as you suggested.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:00 PM

This is where your judgement of the kid is just ignorant.

If you have never been in court, for whatever reason you would not really know what to expect.

I once had a misdemeanor on my record. It has since been expunged. But here is what I did, even though I do not need to tell you:

I wrote a check the day before I got paid. That check should have went through.

It was just $10 short of the total when I wrote the check. And I had a $300 over draft.

However, instead of getting paid, I got laid off. I did not get paid from that employer until about a month and half after being laid off. That check ended up hitting the bank. It got sent back...not once, but twice. By that time, 2 other checks hit the bank...they bounced too.

Little did I know the free checking account I had, with a $300.00 over-draft priviledge (which was never used in the 6 years of having the account), got switched without me knowing. So they also started taking out money for fees that I did not know about.

Anyway....to make a long story short. I was guilty of writing that overdrafted check. I was not guilty of the overdraft not taking into affect and paying those 3 checks that bounced off. I was not guilty of my checking account going from free to not free.

So I decided I would fight it. I thought I had enough proof behind me that would back me up.

It did not matter. About 1 and half years in court, court costs that added upto $2200, and a 2 year probation later...It ended up costing me, not only the check fees to pay the bank and venders off. No, it ended up costing me the court fees, my lawyer fees, and 2 years of being very careful not to even get a parking ticket.

Now, the case against Justin Chaisson is totally different. I wasted 1.5 years of my life trying to prove my innocence. Only to fail.

I can only imagine what trouble Justin Chaisson would have to go through to prove his innocence, if in fact he is innocent of all or any of the original charges.

That could be the VERY REASON he decided to take a plea that results in no jail time, but in 3 years probation, 120 hours of community service, and a domestic violence class.

Sometimes things get rolling, just off accusations that you cannot stop, even if those that started it are willing to help stop them.

Instead of a chance of being found guilty and serving jail time, which would have ended his college football days, he did the right thing and just got on with his life.

We do not know the actual facts...none of us do....but you, and so many feebleminded (or in collier's case young and dumb) people are willing to throw Justin Chaisson under the bus...without evidence that any of this is true!

Crucifax Autumn
5/10/2009, 09:07 PM
This argument is completely retarded.

Th kid has been decent his whole life and only had an incident after she violated her OWN restraining order.

On top of that HER family was in favor of pleading the whole thing down for some reason...I suspect so she wouldn't have to make her accusations in court and be cross examined and potentially exposed as a liar at worst and an exagerator at best.

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:12 PM
Do you really think that the statement below is a form of forced gang rape?

Originally Posted by A-M
"He needs to be in jail and not playing football and having a good old time with all the guys!"

My statement above in NO WAY had anything to do with a form of forced gang rape. As a person who endured being raped by own father (incest) for many years as a child, I can tell you that making a joke about it is noting a person should be doing! We have been discussing a situation where a young man was charged with DV against his girlfriend and pled "no contest" to a lessor charge. You need to get with the program and make your statements appropriate to the subject. I throughly resent the fact that you would indicate that I would wish anyone to be through a form of forced gang rape. I said what I ment to say, and nothing more as you suggested.

Granny
1st Off Sorry about yer child hood, But WE nor this Kid had a part in it . so bury the hatchet somewhere else
You sayin a Young man needs to be in prison does in fact say that yer endorsing Gang Rape .
Cause thats whats gonna happen to a good lookin young man in prison.
Ever watch " Shaw shank Redemption " :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:14 PM
This argument is completely retarded.

Th kid has been decent his whole life and only had an incident after she violated her OWN restraining order.

On top of that HER family was in favor of pleading the whole thing down for some reason...I suspect so she wouldn't have to make her accusations in court and be cross examined and potentially exposed as a liar at worst and an exagerator at best.

Has been said By Can
Granny got her own ghosts in this fight :(

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:14 PM
Well, it worked for Dusty Dvoracek, right?

he was guilty though...wait, same situation ;)

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:21 PM
This is where your judgement of the kid is just ignorant.

If you have never been in court, for whatever reason you would not really know what to expect.

I once had a misdemeanor on my record. It has since been expunged. But here is what I did, even though I do not need to tell you:

I wrote a check the day before I got paid. That check should have went through.

It was just $10 short of the total when I wrote the check. And I had a $300 over draft.

However, instead of getting paid, I got laid off. I did not get paid from that employer until about a month and half after being laid off. That check ended up hitting the bank. It got sent back...not once, but twice. By that time, 2 other checks hit the bank...they bounced too.

Little did I know the free checking account I had, with a $300.00 over-draft priviledge (which was never used in the 6 years of having the account), got switched without me knowing. So they also started taking out money for fees that I did not know about.

Anyway....to make a long story short. I was guilty of writing that overdrafted check. I was not guilty of the overdraft not taking into affect and paying those 3 checks that bounced off. I was not guilty of my checking account going from free to not free.

So I decided I would fight it. I thought I had enough proof behind me that would back me up.

It did not matter. About 1 and half years in court, court costs that added upto $2200, and a 2 year probation later...It ended up costing me, not only the check fees to pay the bank and venders off. No, it ended up costing me the court fees, my lawyer fees, and 2 years of being very careful not to even get a parking ticket.

Now, the case against Justin Chaisson is totally different. I wasted 1.5 years of my life trying to prove my innocence. Only to fail.

I can only imagine what trouble Justin Chaisson would have to go through to prove his innocence, if in fact he is innocent of all or any of the original charges.

That could be the VERY REASON he decided to take a plea that results in no jail time, but in 3 years probation, 120 hours of community service, and a domestic violence class.

Sometimes things get rolling, just off accusations that you cannot stop, even if those that started it are willing to help stop them.

Instead of a chance of being found guilty and serving jail time, which would have ended his college football days, he did the right thing and just got on with his life.

We do not know the actual facts...none of us do....but you, and so many feebleminded (or in collier's case young and dumb) people are willing to throw Justin Chaisson under the bus...without evidence that any of this is true!

You dont deal in reality sometimes my friend, whether it was fair or not, you wrote a check without having money in your account therefore you are liable. Thats not to say you didnt get screwed over cus you did and I in fact had a similiar thing happen to me(no court or charges, just overdraft BS that was a crock) when I was in college. It all comes down ulitimately to personal responsibility and thats the way the court sees it too.

Chaisson didnt take a plea deal cus he didnt want to deal with the court process, his family is loaded and he had an expensive lawyer. He could have taken care of all of this with little effort on his part if he really thought he was not guilty.

It is obvious that you dont get 3 years probation and 120 hours community service if you didnt do anything.

This case is pretty simple when you look at it without bias, he didnt want to go to trial cus all the facts would come out and if he lost he would get jail time, the girl and her family didnt want to prosecute because he is a family friend, the court agreed to a plea deal cus he had no priors and was by all accounts a good kid previous as well as the fact that the girl and her family obviously would have had to agree to it. The court saw that he was 18, has an anger issue, and thought that instead of ruining his life by putting him in jail that they could try and help him with anger management, allowing him to go to college and get on with his life.

I have said all along that if Stoops gives him a shot still I wont be upset cus I trust Stoops, he has a track record of doing the right thing, but if Stoops says no thanks then I wont lose sleep over it

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:23 PM
Granny
A question, 1st a true storey Ok ?
Years ago My 12 yr old daughter was Molested .
I caught the SOB before the Cops, Dayum near Beat him to death, Cops Pulled me Off of him and took him to jail . Sent me Home But did write me a summons
Now My question
Was I right or wrong In MY actions ?

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:25 PM
Clarification, 1 st they took him to the Hospital where he spent a week in ICU

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:29 PM
Vet I think we would all agree that you were right in your actions, I dont see the similarities though in the two stories

Even if she did violate her own protective order, even if she did hit him 1st, that in no way makes it ok for him to do what he did.

He could have called the cops, pushed her off of him and left, etc... He didnt though, my point again that you dont get the punishment that he got for doing nothing.

It seems to me like it was a case of a judge who saw a HUGE mistake by a young man and thought that giving him another chance would be more beneficial than locking him up. Keep in mind, I dont think they could have had a plea deal with the judge without this going to court unless the girl and her family and attorney agreed to it

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:31 PM
Vet I think we would all agree that you were right in your actions, I dont see the similarities though in the two stories

Patience My young friend .
Plus
75 said His Bank had given him a 300 OD thingy then changed it with out Telling Him
See things aint always the way they seem .

Vaevictis
5/10/2009, 09:33 PM
Chaisson didnt take a plea deal cus he didnt want to deal with the court process, his family is loaded and he had an expensive lawyer. He could have taken care of all of this with little effort on his part if he really thought he was not guilty.

I personally think the prosecutor had additional leverage in this case that you're not considering. Specifically, if you're Stoops (especially given Oklahoma's history), do you give a scholarship to someone with a charge like this outstanding?

I doubt it. I'd probably say, "Show up with this resolved, or don't show up at all." It would be a huge distraction if the trail was scheduled during a time frame when the team was doing stuff (playing, practicing, etc), and would really be a disaster if he was eventually found guilty. I just wouldn't take the risk if I were in Stoops' position.

So, if you're this kid, let's say you're totally innocent. You've seen the lesson of Dusty Dvoracek -- if you do something like this, and keep your nose clean, people will forget it in a few years. And you aren't getting a scholarship to a top program with this hanging over your head.

Do you go ahead and plead out, or not? I know I would be sorely tempted to, even if I was completely innocent.

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:33 PM
I realize that, thats why I said he got screwed. IN the end, the court will always side on the side of personal responsibility though.

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:34 PM
I personally think the prosecutor had additional leverage in this case that you're not considering. Specifically, if you're Stoops (especially given Oklahoma's history), do you give a scholarship to someone with a charge like this outstanding?

I doubt it. I'd probably say, "Show up with this resolved, or don't show up at all." It would be a huge distraction if the trail was scheduled during a time frame when the team was doing stuff (playing, practicing, etc), and would really be a disaster if he was eventually found guilty. I just wouldn't take the risk if I were in Stoops' position.

So, if you're this kid, let's say you're totally innocent. You've seen the lesson of Dusty Dvoracek -- if you do something like this, and keep your nose clean, people will forget it in a few years. And you aren't getting a scholarship to a top program with this hanging over your head.

Do you go ahead and plead out, or not? I know I would be sorely tempted to, even if I was completely innocent.

Am I lost in another Universe ?
Bro You making since again LOL
Spek

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:36 PM

I think in this case and especially in Dustys, if either of them felt they were completely innocent I am sure that Stoops would have given them a fair chance to prove that. I think in almost every case, people who care for you will support you if you say you are being falsley accused

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:38 PM
You dont deal in reality sometimes my friend, whether it was fair or not, you wrote a check without having money in your account therefore you are liable. Thats not to say you didnt get screwed over cus you did and I in fact had a similiar thing happen to me(no court or charges, just overdraft BS that was a crock) when I was in college. It all comes down ulitimately to personal responsibility and thats the way the court sees it too.

It is obvious that you dont get 3 years probation and 120 hours community service if you didnt do anything.

This case is pretty simple when you look at it without bias, he didnt want to go to trial cus all the facts would come out and if he lost he would get jail time, the girl and her family didnt want to prosecute because he is a family friend, the court agreed to a plea deal cus he had no priors and was by all accounts a good kid previous as well as the fact that the girl and her family obviously would have had to agree to it. The court saw that he was 18, has an anger issue, and thought that instead of ruining his life by putting him in jail that they could try and help him with anger management, allowing him to go to college and get on with his life.

I have said all along that if Stoops gives him a shot still I wont be upset cus I trust Stoops, he has a track record of doing the right thing, but if Stoops says no thanks then I wont lose sleep over it

Collier, the court process moves really slow. I do not know why. But it does.

If he had charges and trial pending he could not get into OU.

If he wanted to fight it, he would have been out from OU or most Major Universities, for at least a year.

I think that is the part you all that are throwing him under the bus fails to understand.

I have said, repeatedly, we do not know the absolute FACTS in this case. So what those that a closed mind on the situation, like you collier, need to understand there may have been other reasons on his part to plead down.

Vaevictis
5/10/2009, 09:39 PM
Heh, you're a more forgiving guy than I am then. My attitude is, "You were there, and put yourself in a position where you look guilty. I don't actually care if you're guilty or not, I can't afford to have that around me."

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:40 PM
I think in this case and especially in Dustys, if either of them felt they were completely innocent I am sure that Stoops would have given them a fair chance to prove that. I think in almost every case, people who care for you will support you if you say you are being falsley accused

Bro
Maybe I am in the Twilight zone
But have any of us said the Boy was totally Innocent ?
Naw just said he ****ed up and we hope hes learned something
The courts , the DA , the Girls Rents , and above all OUR Coaching Staff have pretty much said Go and sin No more .
after ya do yer 3 Pro , and 120 hours .;)

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:42 PM
And FYI...I will not lose sleep if Stoops says no thanks, like you collier.

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:43 PM
Collier, the court process moves really slow. I do not know why. But it does.

If he had charges and trial pending he could not get into OU.

If he wanted to fight it, he would have been out from OU or most Major Universities, for at least a year.

I think that is the part you all that are throwing him under the bus fails to understand.

I have said, repeatedly, we do not know the absolute FACTS in this case. So what those that a closed mind on the situation, like you collier, need to understand there may have been other reasons on his part to plead down.

1st of all I have never thrown him under the bus, read all of my posts. I have said I will trust Stoops ultimately cus he knows more than most of us.

I also realize that court moves slow, but if you are innocent of major felony charges and your family has the means to fight the charges, you do it.

I am far from close minded on this, I am dealing in reality while you and others are dealing in what is the best possible scenario yet the least likely.

Even if he did plea down to save time and so he didnt risk losing his scholly/future, YOU DONT GET 3 years probation and 120 hours community service and 1 year of domestic abuse counseling for simply overreacting. It is VERY OBVIOUS that he did something bad, he was just lucky enough that the girls parents and the judge didnt want to ruin his life just because he lost his temper and lost his mind for a short period of time

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:44 PM
And FYI...I will not lose sleep if Stoops says no thanks, like you collier.

Tru Dat
Im sure we can find someone to catch 8 balls :D

Vaevictis
5/10/2009, 09:45 PM
Theoretically, you don't get the death penalty if you're innocent, either. But it has been known to happen on occasion.

I'm not saying that's the case here, I just am disinclined to read into it overmuch.

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:47 PM
1st of all I have never thrown him under the bus, read all of my posts. I have said I will trust Stoops ultimately cus he knows more than most of us.

I also realize that court moves slow, but if you are innocent of major felony charges and your family has the means to fight the charges, you do it.

This is wrong tho, You do If you want to Move on

I am far from close minded on this, I am dealing in reality while you and others are dealing in what is the best possible scenario yet the least likely.

Even if he did plea down to save time and so he didnt risk losing his scholly/future, YOU DONT GET 3 years probation and 120 hours community service and 1 year of domestic abuse counseling for simply overreacting. It is VERY OBVIOUS that he did something bad, he was just lucky enough that the girls parents and the judge didnt want to ruin his life just because he lost his temper and lost his mind for a short period of time

As a Friend to both of you I can see yer points
Yall aint that far apart

Crucifax Autumn
5/10/2009, 09:48 PM
The girls parents obviously think that giving him a chance to make a decent life is a good thing. If they thought he was a legitimately bad person and that he'd truly harmed their daughter they'd want his *** crucified, family friend or not.

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:49 PM
Bro
Maybe I am in the Twilight zone
But have any of us said the Boy was totally Innocent ?

No but I have seen several posts from a couple different people ranging from blaming the girl(whatever guilt she may have in the situation did not merit the outcome), to acting like there are no facts out there when there are, to saying that a no contest means he just wanted to get it over with, I seriously doubt that.

Ever hear the saying, if it looks like **** and smells like **** then it is probably ****, im sure you have, well if it looks like a kid going on a rage fit and most everything out there points to that happening, then most likely it happened.

I have never said put him in prison, I hope he doesnt turn his life around and gets a 2nd chance somewhere. Based on the info ive heard though, I dont want him at OU representing my university. What if he goes and beats the hell out of some girl or even a guy at a party or something like that while at OU, then a whole **** storm breaks out....to risky to me

For those of you who think I am going after the kid, go back and look at past posts and I wanted Dusty and even Jarboe to get a 2nd chance with OU, I just dont like this situation

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:50 PM

Did you even read the article about his last court date back on the 6th?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12309076

LAS VEGAS—An Oklahoma University football recruit from Las Vegas has pleaded no contest to four misdemeanor charges and has been sentenced to three years' probation in a March attack on his ex-girlfriend.

Court spokesman Michael Sommermeyer says 18-year-old Justin Chaisson's plea before Clark County District Court Judge Stefany Miley followed a similar plea to misdemeanor charges last week in Las Vegas Justice Court.

The former Bishop Gorman High School football player pleaded no contest Wednesday to charges, including malicious destruction of property, conspiracy and false imprisonment.

Prosecutors dropped felony charges alleging that Chaisson held a screwdriver to the neck of his 17-year-old former girlfriend and threatened her. Chaisson has a full scholarship to play football for Oklahoma.

Crucifax Autumn
5/10/2009, 09:50 PM
Isn't it interesting how everyone in the Posse has a different view on this but we aren't slicing each other up?

Just sayin'

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:51 PM
The girls parents obviously think that giving him a chance to make a decent life is a good thing. If they thought he was a legitimately bad person and that he'd truly harmed their daughter they'd want his *** crucified, family friend or not.

yup
now ya see what i was gettin at ?

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:51 PM
Isn't it interesting how everyone in the Posse has a different view on this but we aren't slicing each other up?

Just sayin'

**** COLLIER! :P :D

Collier11
5/10/2009, 09:52 PM
As a Friend to both of you I can see yer points
Yall aint that far apart

I realize this, im not mad at anyone for having a diff view on this than me, I just dont agree with them. Its just like how Cru likes giving rim jobs, so be it but I dont want any part of it ya know ;)

I stated this exact thing earlier, I agree.

Did you even read the article about his last court date back on the 6th?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12309076

Yea, what about it? So lets say he didnt hold that screwdriver to her neck, false imprisonment is still a really big deal ya know

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:53 PM

Just sayin'

There Ya have it folks
;)

olevetonahill
5/10/2009, 09:55 PM
I realize this, im not mad at anyone for having a diff view on this than me, I just dont agree with them. Its just like how Cru likes giving rim jobs, so be it but I dont want any part of it ya know ;)

Yea, what about it?

Rim Jobs ya get this :D
http://bum.net/pics/rimshot.jpg

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:56 PM

Yea, what about it? So lets say he didnt hold that screwdriver to her neck, false imprisonment is still a really big deal ya know

No, the courts did the same thing to Chaisson on similar pleas...that was my point.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 09:58 PM
Only if you were reading some of the spek comments. hehe!