PDA

View Full Version : Wife keeps 800K account secret from her husband!

MojoRisen
4/29/2009, 05:45 PM
Wow,

I am watching CNN and women are calling up and bashing the news caster for saying it is absolutey wrong to keep an account of 800K secret from her husband. When the bank called and let the cat out of the bag with her husband she is now suing Chase Bank for 155K for violation of privacy.

I think I am going to throw up a little bit in my mouth, what do women think, if the guy had 800K in a secret account I wonder what these women would be saying then.. Let alone the divorce Lawyers.

If my wife kept that a secret from me, I wouldn't hit her but a good shaking maybe in order.

Just sayin

NormanPride
4/29/2009, 06:03 PM
I think it would just make me sad. What kind of relationship do you have to have with your spouse that something like that goes on?

Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2009, 06:06 PM
how the **** do you save 800k without your spouse noticing it?

MojoRisen
4/29/2009, 06:10 PM
She had it in a secret account, then the bank called and told the husband to move it to a higher paying interest account. Since she has had to give him 155K to restore order in the marriage- thus now she is suing Chase bank for the difference. I was more shocked by all the women who called in saying it is absolutely fine to do this, because a woman these days needs MAD money-Whatever that is- what about our MAD hitman money????

IF a guy had done this, they would all be screaming divorce and half - i truely believe that.

batonrougesooner
4/30/2009, 08:35 AM
These people don't have a marriage.

SoonerAtKU
4/30/2009, 08:55 AM
If the husband is "fine" with it after being given 155K, this is not a marriage, but a fiscal partnership with benefits.

maybe benefits.

doubtful.

Boomer.....
4/30/2009, 09:03 AM
Why was he given $155,000?

sooner_born_1960
4/30/2009, 09:08 AM
Why was he given $155,000?

He's a poor negotiator.

yermom
4/30/2009, 09:28 AM
i guess it depends on where the money came from...

i'm a bit of a cynic though. i can't imagine giving anyone complete control of my finances

OUDoc
4/30/2009, 09:36 AM
If my wife was hiding $800,000 from me, I'd better be getting an $800,000 gift in the near future.

badger
4/30/2009, 09:37 AM
Didn't the author of the Scarlet Letter have a wife who stockpiled money?

I might be wrong and probably am, but from what I read awhile back the author lost his job, but had been wanting to a write a novel for a long time. When he brought the bad news to his wife, his wife exclaimed "Now you can write the book you've always wanted to!" Husband replies "Yes, but what money will we live on?"

She prompted opened a drawer, explaining that with the spending money he had given her on occasions, she stored part of it away so that he would have the opportunity to write his book someday.

MojoRisen
4/30/2009, 09:58 AM
Awe that is a nice story, kind of like the man who bought ivory combs for his wifes beautiful hair for Christmas and had to sell his gold watch, she cut off all her hair so she could afford him a band for his watch. They were both screwed but loved each other.

Woman were calling into this show with a new word to my vocabulary...

"MAD MONEY" - most of these woman 7 out of 10 supported the woman keeping this secret and they all referenced MAD MONEY as the reason for it -what if my husband does this, what if he does that- etc.

No way in hell do I get married to a woman of this era - all I have seen from the courts is a complete beat down of men in the world and complete financial destruction - to support the woman and any kids - no matter what the cause of divorce is. Now they all seem to know what MAD Money is....

Good woman please chime in, 65% divorce rate and men are getting a raw deal on it 95% of the time. Good luck America

OUDoc
4/30/2009, 10:03 AM
Find a woman with no female friends. It's a start.

badger
4/30/2009, 10:08 AM
"MAD MONEY" - most of these woman 7 out of 10 supported the woman keeping this secret and they all referenced MAD MONEY as the reason for it -what if my husband does this, what if he does that- etc.

If you expect the worst in others, you will only find the worst in yourself.

And btw NP, I am not stockpiling money. The only thing I hide from you is gifts... and since your bday just passed, I am currently hiding nothing.

MojoRisen
4/30/2009, 10:08 AM
Good point, once they get together - conspiracy starts. If they think other womans are biatches - which some do, you may have a legitimate shot!

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 10:13 AM
I totally get the idea of having private accounts, on the order of a couple hundred, maybe even a thousand or so. But $800k is waayyy too much. Unless this dude is Shaq or Trump, no way does $800k equate to mad money.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2009, 11:26 AM
The bank was totally in the wrong. She's going to have a hard time proving that the breach of privacy was worth $155k, though-it's not like the bank gave her husband the money, she gave him the money to get his underwear out of a knot.

I've got no problem with a husband or a wife keeping a separate account that's none of the spouse's business. There could be very valid and legitimate reasons for that that have nothing to do with mad money and everything to do with college funds for non-marital children, inheritance issues, FDIC/NCUA insurance issues, etc. $800k seems to be a kind of unreasonable amount to me, but I don't know what the family's financial situation is.

SoonerAtKU
4/30/2009, 11:54 AM
Froze, can you help me legally hide some cash from the wife? It's a pretty huge amount, we're talking upwards of $30 here.

She's started checking my wallet and I keep forgetting which pair of shoes it's in. I'm thinking the banking industry just might be able to save me here.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2009, 12:32 PM
I recommend changing those bills to ones and hiding them in a stripper's g-string.

leavingthezoo
4/30/2009, 12:56 PM
maybe past experience made it look like a good idea. maybe her mother didn't hide money from her father and when he bolted for a new wife and kiddies didn't see fit to pay child support, took the college fund with him and oh yeah, forgot to pay taxes the entirety of their marriage despite "borrowing" thousands of dollars from his father-in-law to get it square which she then had to gradually payoff because the charming fella refused to work following the divorce.

nah, a man would never do that. ever.

stupid women bitches!

leavingthezoo
4/30/2009, 01:00 PM
or maybe she was just looking to hire an extra accurate marksmen. ;)

Chuck Bao
4/30/2009, 01:31 PM
You can love someone and at the same time know that they are terrible with money. But, should hidding money from the spouse be excused?

As Froze mentioned, it could have been inheritance. Maybe her grandmother left her the money with the expressed intent that it would provide for and eventually be given to the grandchildren. The wife didn't have it in a high yielding account and it is reasonable to assume she didn't know about special purpose or trust funds.

Or, she could have been siphoning money out of their joint business for years.

This is an interesting topic and I appreciate any input on the inheritance angle from the board lawyers.

OU_Sooners75
4/30/2009, 04:17 PM
maybe past experience made it look like a good idea. maybe her mother didn't hide money from her father and when he bolted for a new wife and kiddies didn't see fit to pay child support, took the college fund with him and oh yeah, forgot to pay taxes the entirety of their marriage despite "borrowing" thousands of dollars from his father-in-law to get it square which she then had to gradually payoff because the charming fella refused to work following the divorce.

nah, a man would never do that. ever.

stupid women bitches!

Bitter?

Men are *******s and women are bitches....Need we say more?

OUAlumni1990
4/30/2009, 04:23 PM
Hope my wife never finds out about the $20 that I have hidden from her. :)

tulsaoilerfan
4/30/2009, 04:44 PM
he still got ****ed; shoulda got HALF :D

leavingthezoo
4/30/2009, 06:35 PM
Bitter?

Men are *******s and women are bitches....Need we say more?

LOL. that was some of the commentary. well, except the last two sentences which i threw in for fun. personally, i think if your husband doesn't recognize thousand of dollars are being hoarded, neither of you are really hurting for the money. i'm curious about the context in which she obtained the cash though. was it from her work? maybe he gave her allowance to spend as she wishes and she saved it. maybe she stole it from him over time. maybe she's a bank robber. or a hooker.

i'm not mad at this story either way.

olevetonahill
4/30/2009, 06:41 PM
Find a woman that aint female . It's a start.

Fixed

BornandBred
5/1/2009, 08:12 AM
Fixed

Doesn't that take all the fun out of women then? Then they're just crazy dudes.

badger
5/1/2009, 09:00 AM
I decided to google this story and the woman's name is "Nazita Aminpour." Tee hee... her husband's name is Shamash, as in someone emphasizing the word "Smash" too much, or trying to talk like the Mario Bros... "I'm a gonna Sha-MASH your'a head'a in."

The lawsuit sounds frivolous at best. Let's say she wins back her $155k. Ok, so what is Chase gonna do to get their $155k back? Well, sue the husband, of course! The judge will surely see this and say "Hey lady, your family has all the money still, even if it isn't in your hush account. Why should your family be ahead $155k, which is an amount that your family determined already?"

I can understand her anger in the matter - $800k must have taken years to save up (from the articles I've read, she's a dentist and he likes to play the stock market, which is what he "harrassed" her for the money for). Some bozo from the bank calls to inform the husband about it.

There was an occasion where I wanted to check our account balances online and didn't know the answers to NP's secret questions. So, after guessing several times incorrectly, it locked the account online and NP had to talk to Bank of Oklahoma to get online banking back... and when I called and begged them to put it back so I wouldn't have to admit what I did to NP, they wouldn't do it... so I guess it's not unheard of for banks to keep spouses out of banking info :rolleyes:

For the record, the question was "Where did you meet your spouse?"

yermom
5/1/2009, 11:05 AM
they meant the other one ;)

OUDoc
5/1/2009, 12:09 PM
There was an occasion where I wanted to check our account balances online and didn't know the answers to NP's secret questions. So, after guessing several times incorrectly, it locked the account online and NP had to talk to Bank of Oklahoma to get online banking back... and when I called and begged them to put it back so I wouldn't have to admit what I did to NP, they wouldn't do it... so I guess it's not unheard of for banks to keep spouses out of banking info :rolleyes:

For the record, the question was "Where did you meet your spouse?"

If they were your joint accounts, why would NP care what you had done?

soonerbrat
5/1/2009, 12:11 PM

and why didn't you have permission to reset them?

soonerbrat
5/1/2009, 12:13 PM
also...it doesn't matter what kind of relationship they have or had, or why she kept the money secret..the bank had no right to tell anyone not on the account how much money was in it.

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2009, 12:16 PM
also...it doesn't matter what kind of relationship they have or had, or why she kept the money secret..the bank had no right to tell anyone not on the account how much money was in it.

Bingo. Like I said, the bank was totally in the wrong. She'll have a tough row to hoe proving the damages she's claiming, but she certainly has a valid cause of action.

StoopTroup
5/1/2009, 12:18 PM

Da Bank is da greedy.

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2009, 12:19 PM
and why didn't you have permission to reset them?

Depends on how the account and EFT agreement are written.

F'rexample, a joint account holder cannot establish online access nor reset an online password for our online access. There's some reasoning behind it-allowing a joint holder to do so opens the account up for some fraud type stuff that I'm not going to go into on a public forum.

OUDoc
5/1/2009, 12:58 PM
How much you got?

C&CDean
5/1/2009, 01:19 PM
A couple that hides finances from each other also hides other **** from each other.

Married couples keeping separate accounts has always perplexed me. I work with guys who get credit card bills, etc. mailed to work cause their wives don't know they have them. WTF? Who wants to live like that?

badger
5/1/2009, 01:31 PM

I am not sure what bee ess reason they gave, but it had to do with the fact that NP was the one who originally setup the accounts, I think. I am not sure if when I was added to the account if I was also added to the online banking thingy.

The reason I didn't want NP to know was because I just created a hassle for him to deal with and I felt bad. I didn't want him to have to solve a problem I created... especially one as stupid as BOK not allowing a joint account holder access to a joint account :rolleyes:

As for the secret question, it is not always the same every time, but the first time I got asked "Where did you meet your spouse?" There are sooooo many answers to this question.

Did I meet NP in Norman? Did I meet NP at OU/University of Oklahoma? Did I meet NP in Oklahoma... arggggh, none of those answers are correct! Mind you, it isn't multiple choice :(

Jello Biafra
5/1/2009, 01:44 PM
Did I meet NP in Norman? Did I meet NP at OU/University of Oklahoma? Did I meet NP in Oklahoma... arggggh, none of those answers are correct! Mind you, it isn't multiple choice :(

maybe you should make something up....like i met him on the frozen sewer of lambeau

:twinkies:

badger
5/1/2009, 02:16 PM
maybe you should make something up....like i met him on the frozen sewer of lambeau

:P

NormanPride
5/1/2009, 03:00 PM
Our pastor told us that keeping a separate personal funds account was a good idea, and so we did just that. There's never much in there, and we hardly ever use them... But it give you a bit of "your space" I guess. I don't think I'd miss it if it were gone, but it's a hassle to reorganize that stuff.

sooner_born_1960
5/1/2009, 04:15 PM
A couple that hides finances from each other also hides other **** from each other.

Married couples keeping separate accounts has always perplexed me. I work with guys who get credit card bills, etc. mailed to work cause their wives don't know they have them. WTF? Who wants to live like that?

Like Mrs. Dean knows where all the mason jars are buried.