JLEW1818
4/29/2009, 04:21 PM
your thoughts?

JLEW1818
4/29/2009, 08:40 PM
no disagreements? I hate them both

jaux
4/30/2009, 08:24 AM
Who cares? Pro basketball is so fixed. The league decides who will win and does it thru the refs.

JLEW1818
4/30/2009, 03:02 PM
Who cares? Pro basketball is so fixed. The league decides who will win and does it thru the refs.

Still, I have to bet on something until football starts. The league will want it to go 7 games I'm sure. hehe money money

DallasSooner87
4/30/2009, 11:37 PM
I am not so sold on LA.
Cons: First, they have a tendency to turn it on and off.
Second, when was the last time you remember seeing Pau and Odom come through in the clutch? Third, have you seen their PGs? Fischer, Ariza, and Farmar. Finally, what happens if Kobe gets pouty?

Pros: Kobe takes it to another level and the only man who can come close to slowing him down is Lebron.

Denver or Dallas could shock them since both teams are on a roll.

just my 2 cents

JLEW1818
5/1/2009, 12:58 PM
No team can match up with a healthy lakers team in my opinion.

I think Denver will take Dallas in 7 games.

LA will beat Denver in 6 games, max.

LA will beat Cleveland in 6 games.

DallasSooner87
5/1/2009, 06:26 PM
I agree the Lakers should make the finals, but I don't want to just pencil them in is all. When Utah played small ball it gave them problems, and Denver and Dallas can play small effectively.

But yeah they probably will get by all teams this year.

Eielson
5/1/2009, 08:04 PM
your thoughts?

Well...they are the top seeds in each conference.

Eielson
5/1/2009, 08:22 PM
First, they have a tendency to turn it on and off.

What is wrong with this? It's early on and it takes like two months for the playoffs. Why play as hard as you can when you're up 20 at the end of the first quarter? The further they get into the playoffs the less of this you will see.

Second, when was the last time you remember seeing Pau and Odom come through in the clutch?

They had one bad series and now they are going to be labeled as chokers? I don't remember ever hearing this stuff before last year's finals. Odom may have earned a reputation for this elsewhere, but I'm not really aware of it. Gasol can't have earned this reputation, though. I mean, how often did the Grizzlies even play in games you could choke in?

Third, have you seen their PGs?Fischer, Ariza, and Farmar. Finally, what happens if Kobe gets pouty?

Fisher is somebody that you can feel comfortable with at point guard. No, he's not a Chris Paul or a Deron Williams, but those two are out of the playoffs anyway. He isn't going to take over games, but why would you need him to when you so many other people that can?

Also, Ariza isn't a point guard. He starts at small forward. He's an extremely athletic defensive stopper. He's not really a consistent scorer, but he's had his games. Shannon Brown would be the third point guard. He's actually played quite well during the playoffs.

Regardless of "bad PGs" and "chokers," this team would have won a much more competitive NBA last year if they had had Andrew Bynum.

DallasSooner87
5/1/2009, 08:46 PM
They had one bad series and now they are going to be labeled as chokers? I don't remember ever hearing this stuff before last year's finals. Odom may have earned a reputation for this elsewhere, but I'm not really aware of it. Gasol can't have earned this reputation, though. I mean, how often did the Grizzlies even play in games you could choke in?

See since these are my opinions I have no problem with your counter points. Other than this one. First Pau got swept by the Spurs in 04 when he was with one of the best teams in Memphis (no shame in that). Then, Pau got knocked around by Dirk in the 06 playoffs with another one of the best Memphis teams. Then he was a no show against Boston last year.

Then there is Lamar Odom, did ever watch the Clippers? (Ok so Billy Crystal is the only one that watches the Clippers :D ) He choked in big games more than Dirk did after 06 (note I am a huge Mavs fan). If things don't go his way he can disappear.

I would like to reiterate I do think the Lakers will win I just don't think they are as for sure as some think.

Eielson
5/1/2009, 10:05 PM
See since these are my opinions I have no problem with your counter points. Other than this one. First Pau got swept by the Spurs in 04 when he was with one of the best teams in Memphis (no shame in that). Then, Pau got knocked around by Dirk in the 06 playoffs with another one of the best Memphis teams. Then he was a no show against Boston last year.

Antithesis at its finest!

Then there is Lamar Odom, did ever watch the Clippers? (Ok so Billy Crystal is the only one that watches the Clippers :D ) He choked in big games more than Dirk did after 06 (note I am a huge Mavs fan). If things don't go his way he can disappear.

Yeah, I thought Odom had had a bit of a reputation before last year.

Curly Bill
5/1/2009, 10:09 PM
Barring major injury go ahead and give the Lakers the trophy.

...and yeah I know they sometimes turned it off against the Jazz, but they knew they could do that against the Jazz.

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 06:36 PM
Well...they are the top seeds in each conference.

Right, but it seems like this is the clearest it has ever been for the 2 most dominating teams. Just would seem crazy if they both didn't make it.

Interesting fact right here.

Excluding this year, and last year.

The 08 and 09 finals will be the only time in the last 10 years, that neither Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal were not in the finals.

That is domination.

Eielson
5/3/2009, 09:29 PM
Right, but it seems like this is the clearest it has ever been for the 2 most dominating teams. Just would seem crazy if they both didn't make it.

I'd say last year and Lakers/Nets over the last 10 years have got this beat.

Interesting fact right here.

Excluding this year, and last year.

The 08 and 09 finals will be the only time in the last 10 years, that neither Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal were not in the finals.

That is domination.

Throw in Olajuwon and Jordan and you probably have 18 years.

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 10:00 PM
Yep the thing about the West is. There is the Lakers, and then everyone else.

Cavs have a little more competition with celtics and magic. But overall, the West is better 1-8.