PDA

View Full Version : olevetonahill: What is your problem?

AimForCenterMass
4/29/2009, 01:41 PM
On 18 August 2008, you posted a comment about me here (post #63): http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2367068#post2367068

The response was ladened with unwarranted accusations based on lies and hearsay from another individual. Acting with restraint, I simply requested a moderator delete the post, rather than act irrationally and escalate the issue any further. However, when I messaged you privately to discuss the matter, you weren't man enough to respond.

As I fast-foward to the present day, I find you're still holding some sort of a grudge for whatever reason. Apparently, you object to what I write, but instead of responding directly to the statement to which you disagree, you simply "neg" me and write crap like "sdfasdkflj" in the comments section. Before I move on, I need to address something: I hold no regard for popularity in an online message board. However, I think your behavior and inability to respond to a direct challenge of ideas or assertions discredits you completely. If you disagree with me, that's fine. Nevertheless, if you can't articulate why you object to my position (or me as a person), wouldn't you be better off just ignoring me altogether?

I've made every attempt to act with moderation and class. I have not posted defamatory information about you, nor have I threatened you or called you names. For some reason, you have targeted me for your childish attacks, yet you won't respond to adult-like discussion. As a fellow vet, I expect you to act with more dignity than what you have displayed so far. If someone calls you out for posting erroneous and libellous information about them, at least have the guts to respond or apologize. Your behavior is not commensurate with what is expected of your age or status.

If you don't like being called out in public, you need to consider the possibility of resolving these matters in private. If you're so moved to object either publicly or privately, why not articulate your reasoning when I inquire in the same medium? Essentially, I'm allowing you an opportunity to further express yourself. Although I disagree with you, I respect you and your opinions. If you have ill regard for me, I can accept that. However, at least be man enough to explain why you feel the way you do or respond when confronted. This isn't asking too much.

Respectfully,
AimForCenterMass

soonerscuba
4/29/2009, 01:43 PM
In!

BTL.

JLEW1818
4/29/2009, 01:45 PM
OLE VET POSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner04
4/29/2009, 01:50 PM
AFCM,

Usually these things are better handled through PM or by reaching out to a moderator.

Unfortunately, since you brought it to one of the public forums, you can expect to be soundly ridiculed. You're probably on the right side of this issue, but there's power in numbers.

I was like you once. But I gave up.

soonervegas
4/29/2009, 01:53 PM
He's a monster. He's negged me twice.

AimForCenterMass
4/29/2009, 01:53 PM
Of course, I knew the "posse" would come out of the woodwork. I'm just wondering what relevance the "posse" has to a grown man's inability to respond to a few private messages. Why can't the leader of your "posse" even acknowledge a private message?

NYC Poke
4/29/2009, 01:55 PM
:pop:

AimForCenterMass
4/29/2009, 01:56 PM
AFCM,

Usually these things are better handled through PM or by reaching out to a moderator.

Unfortunately, since you brought it to one of the public forums, you can expect to be soundly ridiculed. You're probably on the right side of this issue, but there's power in numbers.

I was like you once. But I gave up.

Please read my post thoroughly. I've messaged him privately twice before. If people wish to ridicule me for calling out a man who's displayed behavior deserving of ridicule, so be it.