PDA

View Full Version : "Magic bullet" author magically changes parties

jaux
4/28/2009, 11:49 AM
Specter now a democrat. I live in PA and he is one hated dude by the local Republicans. Best move for him and IMO, guarantees him re-election.
link (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20090428/POLITICS-US-USA-SENATE-SPECTER/)
For you youngsters, he's the head investigative DA who pushed the "magic bullet" theory in the Kennedy Assassination probe.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/28/2009, 12:04 PM
What's sick is that they pulled enough lead out of Gov. Connally's wrist and leg to deep-six that retarded theory, but the Warren Commission still ate it. Hook, line, and sinker.

Specter is a tard.

soonerscuba
4/28/2009, 12:09 PM
Maybe they can get Santorum to run again.

PA Republicans are cutting off a nose.

def_lazer_fc
4/28/2009, 12:11 PM
hehe. santorum.

Sooner02
4/28/2009, 12:42 PM
Maybe they can get Santorum to run again.
Who?

Oh, this guy...

Santorum was defeated 59% to 41% in the 2006 U.S. Senate election by Democratic candidate Bob Casey, Jr. This was the largest margin of defeat for an incumbent Senator since 1980.

MrJimBeam
4/28/2009, 01:18 PM
What's sick is that they pulled enough lead out of Gov. Connally's wrist and leg to deep-six that retarded theory, but the Warren Commission still ate it. Hook, line, and sinker.

Specter is a tard.

The "Single Bullet Theory" might be the only thing specter has ever gotten right. Anybody who's analyzed the Zapruder film can tell Kennedy and Connally are hit simultaneously by the same bullet.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/28/2009, 01:26 PM
Good that he's now a democrat.

Sooner04
4/28/2009, 01:34 PM
They didn't eat it. They knew the scoop, they just needed any shred of something to label Oswald as the lone gunman. Bringing another party into the mix opened up the very large "conspiracy" can of worms.

The House found reasonable proof of a conspiracy in the late 70s. I don't think they've opened up another file since then.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/28/2009, 01:38 PM
The folks on CNN right now are giddy as school girls.

I expect Obama to be voted dictator for life tomorrow.

4/28/2009, 01:41 PM

I expect Obama to be voted dictator for life tomorrow.They were going to find a way to push their agenda through, even without Specter's move. Amnesty and Socialized Medicine are as good as done.

KingBarry
4/28/2009, 01:52 PM
They were going to find a way to push their agenda through, even without Specter's move. Amnesty and Socialized Medicine are as good as done.

I think I'll just continue my hiatus on politics for a few more months.

Til there's some good news to comment on....

StoopTroup
4/28/2009, 01:53 PM

I expect Obama to be voted dictator for life tomorrow.

Quit giving him ideas.

theresonly1OU
4/28/2009, 02:04 PM
Quit giving him ideas.

THIS

Tulsa_Fireman
4/28/2009, 03:06 PM
The "Single Bullet Theory" might be the only thing specter has ever gotten right. Anybody who's analyzed the Zapruder film can tell Kennedy and Connally are hit simultaneously by the same bullet.

No, anybody who's analyzed the Zapruder film outside of the History Channel's travesty of an analysis can clearly see JFK is hit and has his hands to his throat even as Gov. Connally is still turning to the rear. It is a solid 2-3 seconds before we see the grimace and following "cheek puff" of the penetrating gunshot wound to his lung.

If that's your reference, or any of the craziness based from it, I suggest you do further research. I recommend starting with Josiah Thompson's "Six Seconds in Dallas" and the House Select Committee on Assassinations' work released 1979. Hell, even the then First Lady of the State of Texas says he was shot later than Kennedy's posturing from the throat shot, which according to forensic evidence and testimony, is even questionable that the throat shot was even from the rear!

To say "single shooter" is one thing. I don't believe it, but I can see where one could think that. But to say "single bullet", ESPECIALLY "Magic Bullet" with all the oddities and the hard, fast evidence to the contrary, is beyond insane.

ouwapiti
4/28/2009, 05:42 PM
you guys need to watch the 8 part documentary produced in the 80's called 'the men who killed kennedy'..........

theresonly1OU
4/28/2009, 07:09 PM
you guys need to watch the 8 part documentary produced in the 80's called 'the men who killed kennedy'..........

Unless it's about lee harvey Oswald's multiple personality disorder, then you'd probably get the same amount of correct information from the movie JFK, starring Kevin Cosner.

mikeelikee
4/28/2009, 09:24 PM
Specter is as slimy a politician as exists. A poll from a week ago today had him getting drummed in a potential GOP primary by at least 21 points. He couldn't get elected dogcatcher as a Republican in Pennsylvania right now, so he made the only politically expedient move he could make. This is the same slimeball who defended the sadistic Ira Einhorn in the late 70's, after it was patently obvious he had murdered his girlfriend and stuffed her in a trunk.

Good riddance, dirtbag!

SoonerStormchaser
4/28/2009, 10:32 PM
Someone wake me up when this nightmare ends.

def_lazer_fc
4/28/2009, 11:12 PM
Specter is as slimy a politician as exists. A poll from a week ago today had him getting drummed in a potential GOP primary by at least 21 points. He couldn't get elected dogcatcher as a Republican in Pennsylvania right now, so he made the only politically expedient move he could make. This is the same slimeball who defended the sadistic Ira Einhorn in the late 70's, after it was patently obvious he had murdered his girlfriend and stuffed her in a trunk.

Good riddance, dirtbag!

just out of curiosity, did you welcome joe liebermann with open arms? and yes, i know he is technically an "independent"

4/29/2009, 12:50 AM
Someone wake me up when this nightmare ends.The Great Depression lasted 17 yrs., from the crash of '29, til about a year after WWII, when the economy really kicked in. Of course, then, there was little prospect of socialized medicine, and no 20-30 million illegal aliens ready to receive amnesty, and poised to vote for their democrat sugar daddies.

Does that help any?

MrJimBeam
4/29/2009, 04:52 AM
No, anybody who's analyzed the Zapruder film outside of the History Channel's travesty of an analysis can clearly see JFK is hit and has his hands to his throat even as Gov. Connally is still turning to the rear. It is a solid 2-3 seconds before we see the grimace and following "cheek puff" of the penetrating gunshot wound to his lung.

If Connally isn't shot until he turns to the rear that means the shot comes from the rear and left of the car, right over the Gov. wifes head. Where the heck is this snipers nest? Or do we even care since it keeps alive a 45 year old cottage industry?

Okla-homey
4/29/2009, 07:11 AM
79 year-old Sen. Arlen Spector, once a Dem, announced yesterday he's switching parties again. That means if Al Franken is seated in the Senate, the Democrats willl have a filibuster-proof majority with 60.

XingTheRubicon
4/29/2009, 07:59 AM
I can't see anything that could go wrong.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 08:30 AM
Rush Limbaugh has said he hopes the McCains go as well. That guy scares me when he doesn't want fairly moderate people like the McCains in his party. He's going a long way to a) split the republican party b) alienate socially moderate conservatives.

mdklatt
4/29/2009, 09:22 AM
Rush Limbaugh has said he hopes the McCains go as well. That guy scares me when he doesn't want fairly moderate people like the McCains in his party.

The rational Republicans no longer have a voice in the party. When your party leadership thinks you lost the general election because your ticket was too moderate, you've got problems.

You know, I'd really like to vote for Sarah Palin, but McCain just isn't bat**** crazy enough for me. I guess for vote Obama instead.

picasso
4/29/2009, 09:29 AM
The rational Republicans no longer have a voice in the party. When your party leadership thinks you lost the general election because your ticket was too moderate, you've got problems.

You know, I'd really like to vote for Sarah Palin, but McCain just isn't bat**** crazy enough for me. I guess for vote Obama instead.

you're way off on that one. try spending less money and see if you get re-elected. that ain't moderate.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2009, 09:40 AM
Dude's was going to lose the GOP primary, BAD!!

Arlen is looking out for Arlen, that is all.

I'm sure this will cost us all a couple trillion dollars. No biggie, its only money friends, right???

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2009, 09:42 AM
Just in?

There's a two-page thread on the first page of the SO about this...

picasso
4/29/2009, 09:44 AM
Just in?

There's a two-page thread on the first page of the SO about this...

hah, I thought about that too.:D

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 09:55 AM

It's unfortunate that guys like Limbaugh and Beck are considered "Republican Leadership". I was a McCain guy since 2000, too bad Bush crapped the bed so bad to blow any shot for the next guy. I always respected McCain, but was slightly irritated he made some of the concessions he did to try to get elected, ie pandering to the evangelical core, picking Palin as VP, etc. I thought Fred Thompson would have been a solid VP, but because age and 'change' were such a big issue, I knew it couldn't be.

picasso
4/29/2009, 10:22 AM
Really? I think McCain would have just been Bush #2. Probably better in foreign affairs but he'd be spending just like Bushie.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 10:28 AM
Really? I think McCain would have just been Bush #2. Probably better in foreign affairs but he'd be spending just like Bushie.

I think that's a common misconception from the left. It was a ploy they used, and it worked, to say McCain would be Bush all over again. One of McCain's early assertions was to balance the budget. It, I'm sure, was a campaign promise, but I could have seen him make the effort.

NormanPride
4/29/2009, 10:51 AM
McCain made a lot of concessions during his campaign and was told to promise lots of things that fundamentally conflicted with his core values. I'm confident he would have been a great moderate in the oval office if he was given a chance. Too much of what he said was filtered through party leadership first, and you know how stupid they are.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 11:04 AM
I think it's too bad. I think he could have been an excellent leader. The fact that economics were his weakest topic was a huge hindrance. I'd expect that if the economy was such a big issue during the primaries, those results would NOT have been the same. But, given the public's distrust and distaste for republicans, the outcome would likely have been the same no matter who the GOP put up.

I use the analogy of a car that wandered off the road to the right and now we've jerked the wheel to the left. I hope it's a correction and not a rollover causing mistake.

OklahomaTuba
4/29/2009, 11:26 AM
McCain had no chance, and everyone knew it.

GOP is rebuilding, like it has in the past. in 2004 everyone thought the dims were dead. I'm sure once the Squanderer's plans are fully implemented it will swing back in short order.

In any case, the damage done in 100 days far exceeds anything done by the previous 4 administrations combined, and its only going to get worse.

4/29/2009, 11:51 AM
Rush Limbaugh has said he hopes the McCains go as well. That guy scares me when he doesn't want fairly moderate people like the McCains in his party. He's going a long way to a) split the republican party b) alienate socially moderate conservatives.Not quite. If the liberals like Specter, Collins, and the "moderates" like McCain and Lindsay Graham leave, there will be no need for people to consider forming a conservative third party, which would always split the conservative vote with the republicans.

soonerscuba
4/29/2009, 11:54 AM
McCain had no chance, and everyone knew it.

GOP is rebuilding, like it has in the past. in 2004 everyone thought the dims were dead. I'm sure once the Squanderer's plans are fully implemented it will swing back in short order.

In any case, the damage done in 100 days far exceeds anything done by the previous 4 administrations combined, and its only going to get worse.While I'm sure you think the "dim" (which I believe was turned into a no-no) and "squanderer" are clever, they are actually very, very aggy. No one likes an aggy.

Given your undying love for Bush, the "squanderer" tag is really interesting.

4/29/2009, 11:55 AM
Really? I think McCain would have just been Bush #2. Probably better in foreign affairs but he'd be spending just like Bushie.That's why the libs got him the republican primary win. The least conservative of the republican candidates.

sitzpinkler
4/29/2009, 12:03 PM
That's why the libs got him the republican primary win. The least conservative of the republican candidates.

how do you stop from laughing at yourself as you type stupid **** like this?

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 12:34 PM
Not quite. If the liberals like Specter, Collins, and the "moderates" like McCain and Lindsay Graham leave, there will be no need for people to consider forming a conservative third party, which would always split the conservative vote with the republicans.

Social or fiscal conservative? I think they are two different things.

The heart of the republican party used to be small government, fiscal conservatism, and free market. During the Bush terms government grew, we spent an arm and a leg, and much of the market turned into a bidding war for senatorial support and no bid contracts. All this was done while Bush and co. were dreaming up the "Storm is coming" commercial depicting gay marriage as the root of all evil, banning stem cell research that could save hundreds of thousands of lives (just ask southpark), and continuing to fight the ludicrous and expensive 'War on Drugs'.

I'm all for the republican party going back to fiscal conservatism, I'd like that. But, at the current rate, the party will fracture and continue to become weaker and weaker. Your boy Limbaugh is only hurting the republican's cause.

soonerhubs
4/29/2009, 01:32 PM
A filibuster proof majority is scary.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."--John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"--William Pitt

Not to go all "Sic'em" here, but are there any thoughts on how the 17th amendment may or may not have been a mistake?

Vaevictis
4/29/2009, 01:43 PM
Yup. Not a big fan of fillibuster-proof.

But that said, I don't think it really is. There's at least a Senator or two being ticked off as "Democrat" who parts with the party on a regular basis.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 01:49 PM
What is truly scary, to me, is if we loose a couple supreme court justices in the next couple years. If Obama succumbs to the pressure he'll surely be feeling to put in liberals, all three bodies will be democrat controlled. I hope he at least nominates critical thinkers and not just people with agendas, we'll see. Yes it's worse for me because it's a democrat majority, but that much power on any one side is a very bad thing.

Vaevictis
4/29/2009, 01:51 PM
I can totally see some of the more liberal justices retiring now.

The conservative ones will hold on for dear life, I think.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 01:56 PM
Wasn't RBG in for some version of cancer just recently? I'd say it's just a matter of time until she retires.

4/29/2009, 02:21 PM
The heart of the republican party used to be small government, fiscal conservatism, and free market. During the Bush terms government grew, we spent an arm and a leg, and much of the market turned into a bidding war for senatorial support and no bid contracts.
I'm all for the republican party going back to fiscal conservatism, I'd like that. But, at the current rate, the party will fracture and continue to become weaker and weaker. Your boy Limbaugh is only hurting the republican's cause.My boy Limbaugh is advocating what you say you want. And I agree. Spinning off moderate and liberals is the only action that has a chance of revitalizing the republicans. If they stay fractured, and not focused on fiscal conservatism, as they are now, they will continue to go nowhere, and a third party will spring up, only to further hurt the conservatives, and the country.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 02:29 PM
My boy Limbaugh is advocating what you say you want. And I agree. Spinning off moderate and liberals is the only action that has a chance of revitalizing the republicans. If they stay fractured, and not focused on fiscal conservatism, as they are now, they will continue to go nowhere, and a third party will spring up, only to further hurt the conservatives, and the country.

I disagree, I think. The moderates and liberals Rush wants to get rid of aren't necessarily the evil he thinks they are, or at least that's not the impression I get. When he says the McCains should go, I question what exactly it is that he's trying to accomplish. I think John McCain is one of the most respectable politicians in DC. He and Tom Coburn, who supported McCain, are what I think the republicans need to try to return to. Trying to get rid of moderates because they don't hate gays or any other social thing is only hurting the party.

4/29/2009, 02:37 PM
I disagree, I think. The moderates and liberals Rush wants to get rid of aren't necessarily the evil he thinks they are, or at least that's not the impression I get. When he says the McCains should go, I question what exactly it is that he's trying to accomplish. I think John McCain is one of the most respectable politicians in DC. He and Tom Coburn, who supported McCain, are what I think the republicans need to try to return to. Trying to get rid of moderates because they don't hate gays or any other social thing is only hurting the party.I respectfully disagree with your premise that moderates help the party. (and, what does anybody hating any gays have to do with ANYTHING?) I disagree that John McCain is hepling anyone who believes in conservatism. He has admitted he doesn't know diddly about economics, and his McCain-Feingold law is clearly unconstitutional. We can, and HAVE gone on at length about the unacceptability of John McCain. Sure, I voted for him against the anti-American candidate who opposed him, but that's no endorsement of McCain.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 02:57 PM
I respectfully disagree with your premise that moderates help the party. (and, what does anybody hating any gays have to do with ANYTHING?) I disagree that John McCain is hepling anyone who believes in conservatism. He has admitted he doesn't know diddly about economics, and his McCain-Feingold law is clearly unconstitutional. We can, and HAVE gone on at length about the unacceptability of John McCain. Sure, I voted for him against the anti-American candidate who opposed him, but that's no endorsement of McCain.

To clarify my point, the republican party has become the home to many social conservatives. These tend to be the same people that don't want evolution taught in schools, keeping marriage sacred between a man and a woman, war on drugs, stem cell ban, internet gaming acts, much of the legislation that tries to govern our morals, etc. It is my belief that it is entirely possible for someone to have 'liberal' views on all of these issues but still be a fiscal conservative. If Rush wants to get rid of these folks, I think he's doing more harm than good. It's entirely possible I've misinterpreted his meaning. But, by not clarifying his point, he's at very least creating conversations like the one we're having now where we get entrenched in our opinions and end up defending our sides to the death, thus creating a split in the party. Maybe that's a good thing, I dunno, but I suspect not.

OK, the fact is, the GOP is where it is, under represented and distrusted. I don't know the best way for it to be reunited, but I think it will have to be under the "Decrease Spending" cause. I suspect that in 3.5 years, that'll be our best shot at the White House.

What are a few of your biggest sticking points about McCain anyways?

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2009, 03:04 PM
McCain stole some of RLIMC's brontosaurus at a cookout once and RLIMC hasn't forgiven him. ;)

McCain was a good choice if Hillary had been the candidate. I'd have likely voted for McCain over Hillary, and know plenty of Obama supporters who would have done the same.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 03:10 PM
Texas has open primaries and I voted for Obama over Clinton. I couldn't stand the thought of that she-beast as my president. She'd be more conservative in a few areas, likely, but I'm pretty sure she's the devil. So, it was a trade off.

4/29/2009, 03:43 PM
Open primaries are a big problem. They let the libs get McCain nominated, to thwart the conservatives. BornandBred, McCain has lots of terrible baggage. You should know that by now. Google it, search pre-election threads here, and you should have read this: http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=231, at some point.

4/29/2009, 03:47 PM
To clarify my point, the republican party has become the home to many social conservatives. These tend to be the same people that don't want evolution taught in schools, keeping marriage sacred between a man and a woman, war on drugs, stem cell ban, internet gaming acts, much of the legislation that tries to govern our morals, etc. It is my belief that it is entirely possible for someone to have 'liberal' views on all of these issues but still be a fiscal conservative. If Rush wants to get rid of these folks, I think he's doing more harm than good. It's entirely possible I've misinterpreted his meaning. But, by not clarifying his point, he's at very least creating conversations like the one we're having now where we get entrenched in our opinions and end up defending our sides to the death, thus creating a split in the party. Maybe that's a good thing, I dunno, but I suspect not.

OK, the fact is, the GOP is where it is, under represented and distrusted. I don't know the best way for it to be reunited, but I think it will have to be under the "Decrease Spending" cause. I suspect that in 3.5 years, that'll be our best shot at the White House.

You might want to pay closer attention when listening to Limbaugh, as he doesn't advocate anyone leaving the party who is a fiscal conservative, and believes in the constitution and laws of the country. The libs in the party obviously do not believe in those things.

TUSooner
4/29/2009, 03:53 PM
To clarify my point, the republican party has become the home to many social conservatives. These tend to be the same people that don't want evolution taught in schools, keeping marriage sacred between a man and a woman, war on drugs, stem cell ban, internet gaming acts, much of the legislation that tries to govern our morals, etc. It is my belief that it is entirely possible for someone to have 'liberal' views on all of these issues but still be a fiscal conservative. If Rush wants to get rid of these folks, I think he's doing more harm than good....
Right.
Rush and his accolytes are sacrificing the attainable good for the unattainable myth of perfection. They want everything, that is, their version of "perfect" social and economic conservatism. As a result of their avarice they are getting nothing. That is, the voters are tossing out their (purported) fiscal conservatism along with their disturbing anti-intellect, anti-progress, neo-puritanism. When an unaccountable radio-mouth like Limbaugh controls your party's agenda, that's the **** you get, and deserve.

4/29/2009, 03:59 PM
BTW, McCain is up for re-election in '10 I think, and there are possibly 2 guys who want to challenge him. I think either one of them would beat him for the repub nomination for Senate this time around. If McCain is far behind in early polling, don't be shocked if he changes parties like Specter did. Hi TU. Say hello if you have taken me off ignore, pls.

sitzpinkler
4/29/2009, 04:02 PM
I respectfully disagree with your premise that moderates help the party. (and, what does anybody hating any gays have to do with ANYTHING?) I disagree that John McCain is hepling anyone who believes in conservatism. He has admitted he doesn't know diddly about economics, and his McCain-Feingold law is clearly unconstitutional. We can, and HAVE gone on at length about the unacceptability of John McCain. Sure, I voted for him against the anti-American candidate who opposed him, but that's no endorsement of McCain.

I'm really sick of hearing dumbass comments from you and your ilk that call the POTUS anti-American. It's total bull**** and you know it.

Having a differing viewpoint than those of the extreme right (don't kid yourself, you fall into this category) does not make you anti-American. Get over yourself.

4/29/2009, 04:03 PM
Right.
Rush and his accolytes are sacrificing the attainable good for the unattainable myth of perfection. They want everything, that is, their version of "perfect" social and economic conservatism. As a result of their avarice they are getting nothing. That is, the voters are tossing out their (purported) fiscal conservatism along with their disturbing anti-intellect, anti-progress, neo-puritanism. When an unaccountable radio-mouth like Limbaugh controls your party's agenda, that's the **** you get, and deserve.You obviously don't know what Limbaugh thinks or says. See comment #53.

soonerscuba
4/29/2009, 04:06 PM
I have fully embraced the idea that anyboody who falls for the "believes in the Constitution" mantra knows little to nothing about the way governing documents work, especially the US Constituion. You do realize beyond the obvious reasons, we would have 10,000 members in the House if followed the Constitution?

People aren't orginalists, they are cherry pickers who use a historical lens to justify their political positions. This goes for Rs and Ds.

mikeelikee
4/29/2009, 04:40 PM
just out of curiosity, did you welcome joe liebermann with open arms? and yes, i know he is technically an "independent"

I respect Joe Lieberman, but I didn't "welcome" him, because I'm not an Independent.

mikeelikee
4/29/2009, 04:43 PM
I'm really sick of hearing dumbass comments from you and your ilk that call the POTUS anti-American. It's total bull**** and you know it.

Having a differing viewpoint than those of the extreme right (don't kid yourself, you fall into this category) does not make you anti-American. Get over yourself.

I don't think BHO is anti-American, but I sure as hell disagree with his worldview. This is obviously the least-experienced president in modern times, and it's beginning to show. To me, he's the Manchurian President, and I'm still curious about who is really running things.

soonerhubs
4/29/2009, 05:01 PM

Sitz. Why so angry? Oh... Never mind, I think it's just your avatar, :D which I don't mind. Compared to your first one, this one is solid gold.

I don't think Obama is anti-American either. I vehemently disagree with him, but that doesn't make him a bad person.

4/29/2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by sitzpinkler
"I'm really sick of hearing dumbass comments from you and your ilk that call the POTUS anti-American. It's total bull**** and you know it.

Having a differing viewpoint than those of the extreme right (don't kid yourself, you fall into this category) does not make you anti-American. Get over yourself."

I respectfully disagree with your angry self, and fully believe he's ashamed of America, from what he does and says. You should be too.

swardboy
4/29/2009, 05:12 PM
Sitz. Why so angry? Oh... Never mind, I think it's just your avatar, :D which I don't mind. Compared to your first one, this one is solid gold.

I don't think Obama is anti-American either. I vehemently disagree with him, but that doesn't make him a bad person.

Shoot yeah. Any friend of Chavez is........wait. Any disciple of Rev. Wright is.....no. Anyone who shuns the leader of Israel is.....eh.

sitzpinkler
4/29/2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by sitzpinkler
"I'm really sick of hearing dumbass comments from you and your ilk that call the POTUS anti-American. It's total bull**** and you know it.

Having a differing viewpoint than those of the extreme right (don't kid yourself, you fall into this category) does not make you anti-American. Get over yourself."

I respectfully disagree with your angry self, and fully believe he's ashamed of America, from what he does and says. You should be too.

Well then, there's nothing left to be said for you. Bottom line is you're a frickin' moron.

picasso
4/29/2009, 10:52 PM
Well then, there's nothing left to be said for you. Bottom line is you're a frickin' moron.

hey that's even more impressive. someone disagrees with you and you call them unimaginative names.

I've found that when political arguments start on this board that I too have been called a name or two. I thought you lefties were about compassion and left the hate to the crazies.;)

def_lazer_fc
4/30/2009, 12:27 AM
Shoot yeah. Any friend of Chavez is........wait. Any disciple of Rev. Wright is.....no. Anyone who shuns the leader of Israel is.....eh.

yawn.

def_lazer_fc
4/30/2009, 12:28 AM
hey that's even more impressive. someone disagrees with you and you call them unimaginative names.

I've found that when political arguments start on this board that I too have been called a name or two. I thought you lefties were about compassion and left the hate to the crazies.;)

well, to be fair, keep in mind who that was directed at. i dont think anyone will disagree with the sentiment.

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 08:53 AM
Open primaries are a big problem. They let the libs get McCain nominated, to thwart the conservatives. BornandBred, McCain has lots of terrible baggage. You should know that by now. Google it, search pre-election threads here, and you should have read this: http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=231, at some point.

Ahh, Ann Coulter, a voice of reason...

The vast majority of issues she brings up are social:

Of course, I might lie constantly too, if I were seeking the Republican presidential nomination after enthusiastically promoting amnesty for illegal aliens, Social Security credit for illegal aliens, criminal trials for terrorists, stem-cell research on human embryos, crackpot global warming legislation and free speech-crushing campaign-finance laws.

Illegal immigrant amnesty - social
II social security - fiscal
Trials - social
Stem cells - social
Global warming - social, though the cap and trade laws will become fiscal
Campaign finance - debatable, I'd say this is more social

I might lie too, if I had opposed the Bush tax cuts, a marriage amendment to the Constitution, waterboarding terrorists and drilling in Alaska.

Tax cuts (which he later supported, I believe. he opposed them first because they didn't come with a spending decrease) - fiscal
Gay Marriage - social
waterboarding - social
Drilling in Alaska - debatable, but I'll give you fiscal

I could continue...

I mean, Ann Coulter is a crazy person. She's written about how all the problems in America are because of unwed mothers. She's not the most reliable or unbiased person in the world. Much of the reason for her attacks on McCain are not due to his lack of fiscal conservatism, but because of his noncompliance with all her beliefs.

Listen, I'm a republican, but I'm also a moderate. You may even call me a liberal, but by doing that, you and the others doing that are dividing the party. Saying that I'm a liberal is saying that Pelosi and I have the same beliefs, which I can assure you we don't.

picasso
4/30/2009, 09:17 AM
Ann Coulter needs to shut up and eat a hamburger.

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 09:29 AM
Ann Coulter needs to shut up and eat a hamburger.

Don't you know she only feeds on virgin blood?

4/30/2009, 11:48 AM
Ahh, Ann Coulter, a voice of reason...

The vast majority of issues she brings up are social:

Illegal immigrant amnesty - social
II social security - fiscal
Trials - social
Stem cells - social
Global warming - social, though the cap and trade laws will become fiscal
Campaign finance - debatable, I'd say this is more social

Tax cuts (which he later supported, I believe. he opposed them first because they didn't come with a spending decrease) - fiscal
Gay Marriage - social
waterboarding - social
Drilling in Alaska - debatable, but I'll give you fiscal

I could continue...

I mean, Ann Coulter is a crazy person. She's written about how all the problems in America are because of unwed mothers. She's not the most reliable or unbiased person in the world. Much of the reason for her attacks on McCain are not due to his lack of fiscal conservatism, but because of his noncompliance with all her beliefs.

Listen, I'm a republican, but I'm also a moderate. You may even call me a liberal, but by doing that, you and the others doing that are dividing the party. Saying that I'm a liberal is saying that Pelosi and I have the same beliefs, which I can assure you we don't.You had asked about McCain's suitability as a leader of anything. I give you a bunch of reasons why he's one of the liberals' favorite republicans, and you attack the speech/article writer. If you're an unapologetic McCainiac, then, so be it. Don't feel alone. There are a few others.

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 11:51 AM
You had asked about McCain's suitability as a leader of anything. I give you a bunch of reasons why he's one of the liberals' favorite republicans, and you attack the speech/article writer. If you're an unapologetic McCainiac, then, so be it. Don't feel alone. There are a few others.

I asked what problems you had with him and you pointed me to an Ann Coulter article. If your political views are identical to hers, I now know better than to ask your opinions in the future.

And liberals not hating a candidate doesn't make that candidate any less good or qualified.

4/30/2009, 12:09 PM
I asked what problems you had with him and you pointed me to an Ann Coulter article. If your political views are identical to hers, I now know better than to ask your opinions in the future.

And liberals not hating a candidate doesn't make that candidate any less good or qualified.Don't be so open-minded haha http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-klavan29-2009mar29,0,5456892.story

soonerhubs
4/30/2009, 12:24 PM
Seriously. The name calling is ignorant and irrational. If you want to prove your point, why not try using reasonable and logical arguments?

BornandBred
4/30/2009, 01:02 PM
In a good faith effort, I will listen to what sources of his I can find online. In my brief searching, nothing I'm hearing so far has changed my mind about him.

StoopTroup
4/30/2009, 01:07 PM
Seriously. The name calling is ignorant and irrational. If you want to prove your point, why not try using reasonable and logical arguments?

This is the South Oval...

There will be none of that. :pop:

soonerhubs
4/30/2009, 02:09 PM
This is the South Oval...

There will be none of that. :pop:

:D

sitzpinkler
4/30/2009, 04:00 PM

I realize I shouldn't have started name calling. I just decided to respond to an "ignorant and irrational" statement with one of my own.