PDA

View Full Version : They're filming a movie right outside my office

TUSooner
4/28/2009, 09:23 AM
Something called "Leone", at least that seems to be the working title. It involves some old cars from the 1920s. When somebdy asked one of the gaffers (or whatever they call the behind the camera working dudes) what it was about, he paused and said, "It's about me getting a paycheck." Brilliant. :D

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 10:45 AM
Pics of the Old Cars . I need pics :D

SoonerAtKU
4/28/2009, 03:24 PM
This has happened here recently, as well. The new George Clooney movie is filming partially in Saint Louis, and I work about 10 minutes from the airport. (I guess the movie revolves a great deal around business travel.) The office park i work in has a few vacant buildings that were used for sets. One was even covered in fake snow for a couple of days, which was odd to see.

OUDoc
4/28/2009, 03:54 PM
If your butt isn't in one of the office windows in the background of that movie when I watch it at the theater, then I consider you a chicken. :)

TUSooner
4/28/2009, 04:22 PM
If your butt isn't in one of the office windows in the background of that movie when I watch it at the theater, then I consider you a chicken. :)

[:chicken:] Bk-Bk-Bk-B'gawwk !!! [/:chicken:]
:O

No mooning opportunities arose anyway; I doubt they showed any background shots on my side of the 5th floor.

I've just learned that there are no big names in this flick. I is an indy "Japanese-American love story." But the crew is getting paid, so yay for everybody.

StoopTroup
4/28/2009, 06:27 PM
Don't downgrade Indies.

We don't need a board meltdown. :D

Turd_Ferguson
4/28/2009, 06:32 PM
Don't downgrade Indies.

We don't need a board meltdown. :Dwhat's that dot for anyway:confused:

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 08:24 PM
*******s the Lot of ya
I want Pics of the Old cars :mad:

TUSooner
4/28/2009, 08:27 PM
*******s the Lot of ya
I want Pics of the Old cars :mad:

Sorry, bruvva, they moved them out before I could go out at lunch and have a look. :(

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 08:30 PM
Sorry, bruvva, they moved them out before I could go out at lunch and have a look. :(

I outta Negger ya to Bolivia :P
The only reason I watch Old movies is to try to Figure out which old Car is which . :D

TUSooner
4/28/2009, 08:34 PM
I outta Negger ya to Bolivia :P
The only reason I watch Old movies is to try to Figure out which old Car is which . :D
I'm pretty sure they had a couple like this 1925 Maxwell. You remember, it's just a little newer than the one you learned to drive on.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1953/1925maxwellroadster1a.jpg I'll keep an eye out tomorrow, and try to take some pics with my old steam powered cell phone

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they had a couple like this 1925 Maxwell. You remember, it's just a little newer than the one you learned to drive on.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1953/1925maxwellroadster1a.jpg

That gets some Mo green
I love da Old cars , Gots a 21 model A cabriolet, In my shop that My dad was restoring when he died :(
It will never be finished :(