PDA

View Full Version : The Apocolypse has begun...

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 12:42 AM
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/6/6/2/8/27818266.jpg

Five years after their highly acrimonious split, Creed are reforming for a new album and an American tour, which kicks off August 6th in Pittsburgh and runs through October 14th. “I wouldn’t call it a reunion,” says singer Scott Stapp. “It’s a renewing and a rebirth. I missed my boys and wanted to create music with them again. We’re all thrilled to have a second chance to make a first impression.”

(The ’90s are back! Look at who’s reuniting and returning here.)

The reconciliation began last December when Stapp reached out to Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti. They agreed to meet up at the Hard Rock Hotel in Florida before Stapp sang the “National Anthem” at the Champs Sports Bowl. “I was nervous, but also excited because I knew Mark would bring nothing but positivity,” says Stapp. “We exchanged family pictures and within 20 minutes we were jamming on acoustic guitars and talking about new songs.” They soon met up with drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall, who left Creed in 2000 but is returning for the new album and tour. “At that meeting we were collectively saying, ‘Hey man, I’m sorry if I hurt you or my choices did anything to cause you any pain. I have nothing but love and forgiveness for you and I hope you can forgive me. It’s all part of the process of reflection and not looking back at the six months out of 10 years that were trying.”

(Check out our collection of Creed photos.)

Stapp and Tremonti already have six demos for the new album, which they plan on recording shortly in Nashville. They are currently looking for a producer. “We’re reached out to Brendan O’Brien, Mutt Lange, Bob Rock, Steve Lillywhite and six or seven more,” says Stapp. “We want to put ourselves around the best and have them bring out the best in us and challenge us as artists.” The likely title track is “Full Circle.” “It’s a favorite for all of us,” says Stapp. “It really defines and articulates, melody-wise and lyrically, what’s happened with us. We’ve come full circle and it’s a great place to be. The goal is get release the first single before the tour and have the album come out during the tour or right after.”

What’s the status of Stapp’s long-in-the-works second solo disc? “I’m not really thinking about that right now,” he says. “It would be irresponsible for me to think about anything but Creed. This band is my first love and a first love that’s stood the test of time. It’s not hard to step away from any kind of personal agenda when you are totally fulfilled.”

Tour dates:

August 6 - Pittsburgh PA
August 8 - Darien Lakes NY
August 9 - Hershey PA
August 11 - Saratoga Springs NY
August 13 - Philadelphia PA
August 15 - Wantagh NY
August 16 - Holmdel NJ
August 18 - Boston MA
August 20 - Hartford, CT
August 21 - Washington DC
August 22 - Virginia Beach VA
August 25 - Detroit MI
August 26 - Cleveland OH
August 28 - Cincinnati OH
August 29 - Indianapolis IN
August 30 - Chicago IL
September 1 - Milwaukee
September 2 - Columbus OH
September 4 - Raleigh NC
September 5 - Charlotte NC
September 11 - Atlanta GA
September 12 - Birmingham AL
September 15 - Orlando FL
September 16 - West Palm Beach FL
September 18 - Lafayette LA
September 19 - New Orleans LA
September 20 - Bossier City LA
September 22 - Dallas TX
September 24 - San Antonio TX
September 25 - Houston TX
September 27 - Las Vegas NV
September 29 - Glendale AZ
September 30 - Irvine CA
October 2 - Salt Lake City UT
October 3 - Denver CO
October 6 - Minneapolis MN
October 7 - Omaha NE
October 9 - Tulsa OK
October 10 - Kansas City MO
October 13 - St Louis MO
October 14 - Nashville TN

starclassic tama
4/28/2009, 12:45 AM
the only band worse than creed

hinder

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 08:02 AM
They must be jealous of Nickelback.

LilSooner
4/28/2009, 08:23 AM
I remember back in 97-98 they came to OKC like 4 times. Number of times I saw them 0. I always had something better to do, like cheerleading practice. Oh, highschool.

Pricetag
4/28/2009, 12:33 PM
October 9 - Tulsa OK
I hate to say it, but OKC > Tulsa.

def_lazer_fc
4/28/2009, 12:35 PM
self important **** tards. i dont think i can stomach any more jesus iconography from these ******s. oh, and the music was **** too.

soonerscuba
4/28/2009, 12:46 PM
Hey man, thanks for the words.

Yeah, well.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/28/2009, 01:10 PM
I'd rather have a colonoscopy than subject myself to their noise...

C&CDean
4/28/2009, 01:33 PM
Jeez. All you young, hip indie freaks are starting to sound like me.

Dio
4/28/2009, 02:18 PM
Sorry, Scott, but between Timmy Tivo and The One, our Messiah positions are all taken.

Sincerely,
Everybody

NormanPride
4/28/2009, 02:20 PM
Are they still all *********s?

Frozen Sooner
4/28/2009, 02:21 PM
Gah.

It's not the "National Anthem." The title of the song is not "National Anthem." The title of the song is "The Star-spangled Banner." It is the national anthem, which requires neither capitalization nor quotes. Writing it that way implies that it's not really the national anthem.

Oh, yeah. Creed sucks monkey balls. Even worse than the blind guy on American Idol.

jkjsooner
4/28/2009, 02:33 PM
Since we're talking about grammar...

"Five years after their highly acrimonious split, Creed are reforming..."

Don't we usually say "Creed is" in the states?

It drives me crazy when BBC says, "Philadelphia are going to play Tampa Bay in the World Series..." Then again, they're probably more correct than we are.

Howzit
4/28/2009, 02:53 PM
in.

Howzit
4/28/2009, 02:53 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH

47straight
4/28/2009, 03:44 PM
self important **** tards. i dont think i can stomach any more jesus iconography from these ******s. oh, and the music was **** too.

Sounds like they must be worth checking out.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds like they must be worth checking out.

You should definitely go.

mdklatt
4/28/2009, 05:59 PM
Scott Stapp sings like he's trying to hold water in his mouth.

picasso
4/28/2009, 06:51 PM
Not on my list but those guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

At your sorry asses too.

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 08:32 PM
Not on my list but those guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

At your sorry asses too.

Not me ! cause like the FL I aint got a clue ;)

picasso
4/28/2009, 09:40 PM
I celebrate their entire collection!

Crucifax Autumn
4/28/2009, 09:42 PM
So...I guess his solo career kinda wend down hill after the hot bi action with Kid Rock.

Wonder how he's gonna reconcile that with all the singin' about jebus.

Pricetag
4/28/2009, 09:54 PM
I bet the WWE is happy about the new album. They'll have songs for their next 10-14 PPV shows.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 09:57 PM
I celebrate their entire collection!

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when My Own Prison came out in 97', I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. They've been compared to Led Zeppelin, but I think Creed has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

starclassic tama
4/28/2009, 10:09 PM
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when My Own Prison came out in 97', I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. They've been compared to Led Zeppelin, but I think Creed has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

this can't be serious

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 10:12 PM
this can't be serious

Yes it is! In '99, Creed released this, Human Clay, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "With Arms Wide Open", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 10:18 PM
...it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Yep, they both suck.

Frozen Sooner
4/28/2009, 10:21 PM
Nice job on trolling starclassic, Mr. Bateman.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 10:22 PM
Do you guys like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your *******. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

picasso
4/28/2009, 10:24 PM
haha.

I think it's all about the duality of man.

Soonerchaz
4/29/2009, 01:08 AM
Silly silly Bateman.

def_lazer_fc
4/29/2009, 01:22 AM
only on this board do you get neg spek for bad mouthing creed. gotta love it.

Crucifax Autumn
4/29/2009, 10:36 AM
Do you guys like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your *******. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

The more Phil took over, the more they sucked. They were much better with Gabriel, and significantly better while the rest of the band still had input.

That pop crap of the rest of their career is watered down trash.

47straight
4/29/2009, 01:13 PM
only on this board do you get neg spek for bad mouthing creed. gotta love it.

Maybe try bad-mouthing creed without sounding like a christophobe.

Fraggle145
4/29/2009, 03:14 PM
Oh why is god punishing us!? :D

def_lazer_fc
4/30/2009, 12:08 AM
Maybe try bad-mouthing creed without sounding like a christophobe.

if saying i hate scott stapp parading around on stage giving crucifix poses equals being a christophobe, then by all means, im a christophobe. jesus. people are so sensitive.

i like the coining of christophobe btw.

Crucifax Autumn
4/30/2009, 12:09 AM
I say again...Was he doing crucifix poses in the bi sex vid with Kid Rock and the skank?

sooneron
4/30/2009, 08:40 AM
The more Phil took over, the more they sucked. They were much better with Gabriel, and significantly better while the rest of the band still had input.

That pop crap of the rest of their career is watered down trash.

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/images/leaders/front/fishhook.jpg

sooneron
4/30/2009, 08:42 AM
Tour dates:

August 6 - Pittsburgh PA
August 8 - Darien Lakes NY
August 9 - Hershey PA
August 11 - Saratoga Springs NY
August 13 - Philadelphia PA
August 15 - Wantagh NY
August 16 - Holmdel NJ
August 18 - Boston MA
August 20 - Hartford, CT
August 21 - Washington DC
August 22 - Virginia Beach VA
August 25 - Detroit MI
August 26 - Cleveland OH
August 28 - Cincinnati OH
August 29 - Indianapolis IN
August 30 - Chicago IL
September 1 - Milwaukee
September 2 - Columbus OH
September 4 - Raleigh NC
September 5 - Charlotte NC
September 11 - Atlanta GA
September 12 - Birmingham AL
September 15 - Orlando FL
September 16 - West Palm Beach FL
September 18 - Lafayette LA
September 19 - New Orleans LA
September 20 - Bossier City LA
September 22 - Dallas TX
September 24 - San Antonio TX
September 25 - Houston TX
September 27 - Las Vegas NV
September 29 - Glendale AZ
September 30 - Irvine CA
October 2 - Salt Lake City UT
October 3 - Denver CO
October 6 - Minneapolis MN
October 7 - Omaha NE
October 9 - Tulsa OK
October 10 - Kansas City MO
October 13 - St Louis MO
October 14 - Nashville TN

That's a shame, nothing close to me. Oh well, I guess I'll miss them this time, again.

crawfish
4/30/2009, 09:58 AM
There are bands that are worth hating. I've never understood why Creed is considered one of them.

starclassic tama
4/30/2009, 04:32 PM
because the music is horrible cliche trash and the singer is the biggest ****** in the milky way galaxy?

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2009, 04:34 PM
There are bands that are worth hating. I've never understood why Creed is considered one of them.

Because you nerds get all testy when people make fun of Rush. ;)

soonerscuba
4/30/2009, 04:53 PM
As David Cross put it, it's a man in his 30s singing lyrics than appear to have been written by an 8th grade girl, and he's not doing it ironically. There probably isn't a more hateable frontman and group in music.

royalfan5
4/30/2009, 04:57 PM
Remember when Scott Stapp thought it would be a good idea to challenge all 311 to a fight, and got beat down? Those were good times.