PDA

View Full Version : Putting the "twit" in Twitter

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 02:01 PM
Oklahoma Man Arrested for Twittering Tea Party Death Threats

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2009/04/threat_tweats.jpg

An Oklahoma City man who announced on Twitter that he would turn an April 15 tax protest into a bloodbath was hit with a federal charge of making interstate threats last week, in what appears to be first criminal prosecution to stem from posts on the microblogging site.

Daniel Knight Hayden, 52, was arrested by FBI agents who identified him as the Twitter user CitizenQuasar. In a series of tweets beginning April 11, CitizenQuasar vowed to start a “war” against the government on the steps of the Oklahoma City Capitol building, the site of that city’s version of the national “Tea Party” protests promoted by the conservative-leaning Fox News.

“START THE KILLING NOW! I am willing to be the FIRST DEATH!,” read a tweet at 8:01 PM that day. “After I am killed on the Capitol Steps, like a REAL man, the rest of you will REMEMBER ME!!!,” he added five minutes later. Then: “Send the cops around. I will cut their heads off the heads and throw the[m] on the State Capitol steps.”

Hayden’s MySpace page is a breathtaking gallery of right wing memes about the “New World Order,” gun control as Nazi fascism, and Barack Obama’s covert use of television hypnosis, among many others.

In addition to the threats, many of Hayden’s tweets fixated on another Oklahoma City man whom he erroneously believed was in charge of the city’s tea party demonstration.

“He seemed to know stuff about me, but I don’t know how or why,” says Earl Shaffer. “He called me a few days before that tea party and let me know somehow he got my name as one of the organizers. I don’t have the energy.”

Shaffer told Hayden that he wasn’t a tea party organizer, but Hayden continued to tweet baffling messages about the 58-year-old retiree, posting his phone number in one.

Hayden’s penultimate tweet at 12:49 AM on April 15 returned to the subject of his martyrdom. “Locked AND loaded for the Oklahoma State Capitol. Let’s see what happens.”

The FBI arrested (.pdf) him at his home later that day, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oklahoma City, which otherwise declined to comment on the case.

Despite the odd phone call from Hayden, Shaffer planned on joining the tea party himself. He was headed there when he spotted what turned out to be FBI agents watching him from their car around the corner. Like a real Oklahoman, he confronted the feds, who advised him that he could be arrested if he went to the demonstration.

“They asked if I knew [Hayden], and I told them no,” he says. ” They asked me questions about how I heard about the tea party, and I told them I heard about it through that talk show host Glenn Beck.”

Hayden was arraigned on the 16th, and ordered released to a halfway house pending trial — a move that suggests the magistrate judge does not consider him a genuine threat. Hayden’s attorney declined to comment. California-based Twitter did not respond to an inquiry by Threat Level.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/04/twitterraid

See ladies? Wanting to overthrow the government is always a bad idea.

SoonerTroll
4/27/2009, 03:08 PM
Another reason people over the age of 30 should not be able to myspace, facebook, or twitter (no one should twitter for that matter, lame..).

StoopTroup
4/27/2009, 03:22 PM
Anyone seen Jerk today? ;)

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 03:38 PM
Or

SB68?

or

85Sooner?

or

Curly Bill?

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2009, 03:43 PM
Hope he doesn't hang out around campus during football games.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 03:47 PM
I'm going to report my Twitter account, just for good measure. Never can be too safe!

Good call.

C&CDean
4/27/2009, 04:40 PM
The outrage!! How did the FBI get this poor person's personal information? Big Brother Obama...

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 04:45 PM
The outrage!! How did the FBI get this poor person's personal information? Big Brother Obama...

Coming from the guy who works for the Federal Government. HA!

C&CDean
4/27/2009, 04:58 PM
Coming from the guy who works for the Federal Government. HA!

Dude, I'm but a simple stamp salesman. Besides, we're "semi-private" now anyhow. And by semi-private I mean we don't get no $$ from the government. Only stamp sales. So mail early, mail often. Help a poor, starving ex-gubmint hack out.

BudSooner
4/27/2009, 05:44 PM
Dude, I'm but a simple stamp salesman. Besides, we're "semi-private" now anyhow. And by semi-private I mean we don't get no $$ from the government. Only stamp sales. So mail early, mail often. Help a poor, starving ex-gubmint hack out.

I rarely do any business with the post office anymore.

*Runs away*:D

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 05:59 PM
Or

SB68?

or

85Sooner?

or

Curly Bill?

Is your dad still gonna beat my dad up?

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:01 PM
Is your dad still gonna beat my dad up?

You handled that with the grace of a manatee. Congrats.

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:04 PM
I like to show the same degree of maturity as those I'm communicating with - it helps the process.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:11 PM
I like to show the same degree of maturity as those I'm communicating with - it helps the process.

Ha! Sure thing, Erkle.

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:12 PM
Case in point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dang, you aren't even fun anymore, sad yes, fun, not so much.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:16 PM
Case in point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dang, you aren't even fun anymore, sad yes, fun, not so much.

As long as were talking about case in point, I should post some of your colorful comments to prove a point, but I digress.

Hey, Have you called Tony Crocker for that one on one game yet, old man?

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:18 PM
As long as were talking about case in point, I should post some of your colorful comments to prove a point, but I digress.

Hey, Have you called Tony Crocker for that one on one game yet, old man?

Pay tention, I said I could shoot better, not beat him one on one. Did you see his last game -- I'm more confident than ever.

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:20 PM
You and I should play some hoop though, you can even have Brack on your side. :D

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:21 PM
I said I could shoot better, not beat him one on one. Did you see his last game -- I'm more confident than ever.

Regardless, we're still laughing......

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:22 PM
Regardless, we're still laughing......

...and I am so deeply saddened by this.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:23 PM
But...but...but....I know I could school a D-1 athlete!

*sniff*

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 06:28 PM
But...but...but....I know I could school a D-1 athlete!
*sniff*

To someone like yourself I'm sure the act of shooting a basketball appears to be some mysterious skill that you could never hope to master. It's really not that hard for me, at least not anymore difficult than it often appears to be for Mr Crocker.

....but...but...but...he's a D-1 athlete! :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 06:50 PM
But.....but.......but.....you're a middle aged man and whether or not a defender was in your face you would get your *ss handed to you in a contest with Crocker and you know it.

Reality, old man, check into it. :D

Turd_Ferguson
4/27/2009, 07:08 PM
sniff, sniff.....I smell dooch:confused:

theresonly1OU
4/27/2009, 07:09 PM
Tact, KC CRIMSON, check into it. :D

Fixed.

picasso
4/27/2009, 07:10 PM
dolemite could take 'em.

yermom
4/27/2009, 07:13 PM
i won a lot of vCash on that game

Vaevictis
4/27/2009, 07:25 PM

The Wired article links the managing Agent's affidavit. They didn't do anything inappropriate in getting the information.

You could have figured out this guy's real identity from information that's publicly available on the Internet, and that's basically what the FBI did.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 09:11 PM
Stalkers Anonymous, theresonly1OU , check into it.

Fixed.

theresonly1OU
4/27/2009, 10:44 PM
I like to leave detailed negspek on EVERY SINGLE COMMENT theresonly1OU makes, then accuse him of stalking me when he resists my advances.

Fixed.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2009, 10:48 PM
For all the noise KC has been making about righties heads exploding, he might want to check on top of his shoulders to see if his is still there. Good grief, he's coming unglued.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 10:59 PM
For all the noise KC has been making about righties heads exploding, he might want to check on top of his shoulders to see if his is still there. Good grief, he's coming unglued.

Hardly, fuzzy nutsack.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2009, 11:00 PM
Seriously, you should probably do a search of your last 100 posts and realize what a giant ******* you've been.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:01 PM
Fixed.

I only leave you negspek when you're being a total dick and stalking my posts around the board. Thanks for stretching the truth, chuckles.

theresonly1OU
4/27/2009, 11:06 PM
I only leave you negspek when you're being a total dick and stalking my posts around the board. Thanks for stretching the truth, chuckles.

You really don't honestly believe that do you?

The last comment you left pretty much invited me to meet you in person, and yet you turn around and accuse me of stalking you.

Stalking, indeed.

I think i'll do us both a favor and give you one less person in this thread to obsess about.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:06 PM
Seriously, you should probably do a search of your last 100 posts and realize what a giant ******* you've been.

Did I pull your string, nutsack?

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2009, 11:07 PM
Did I pull your string, nutsack?

WTF are you talking about? Lay of the OVJ when you decide to post again, psycho.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:08 PM

The last comment you left pretty much invited me to meet you in person, and yet you turn around and accuse me of stalking you.

Stalking, indeed.

No, I said you should come to one of the soonerfans tailgates, so you wouldn't have to stalk anymore. Again, stretch the truth much?

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2009, 11:08 PM

Stalking, indeed.

It's the LAS way of posting. KC is not only a user, he bought the company.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:10 PM
WTF are you talking about? Lay of the OVJ when you decide to post again, psycho.

Sorry, I don't belong to your OVJ posse.

SoonerBorn68
4/27/2009, 11:24 PM
He's just unstable Harry. The dooshbag he's been sipping on has finally ate him completely up.

Lost cause, move along...nothing (really) to see here.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:26 PM
He's just unstable Harry. The dooshbag he's been sipping on has finally ate him completely up.

Lost cause, move along...nothing (really) to see here.

Captain "AK" Anarchy makes an appearance! The circle is now complete.

SoonerBorn68
4/27/2009, 11:28 PM
...and completely obsessed. Maybe abcessed. Give it up dude. Your blathering and name calling has turned your logic (along with your brain) to mush.

I'm waiting for your less than epic meltdown. THEN the cirle will be complete.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:32 PM
...and completely obsessed. Maybe abcessed. Give it up dude. Your blathering and name calling has turned your logic (along with your brain) to mush.

I'm waiting for your less than epic meltdown. THEN the cirle will be complete.

Your blatant butchery of the English language is amusing. If you ever get your numbers and colors figured out you could be a real threat.

So when is coup again, captain?

SoonerBorn68
4/27/2009, 11:34 PM
Pffffft. You really are ate up in an amusing sort of way. This board has gone form YAY to meh, to KC crap.

Congrats William.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:40 PM
Pffffft. You really are ate up in an amusing sort of way. This board has gone form YAY to meh, to KC crap.

Congrats William.

I'm not ate up in the slightest. I just find it amusing that someone in Oklahoma got busted for something you said your very self you would like to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

SoonerBorn68
4/27/2009, 11:47 PM
Ate...up.

...and for the record don't misquote me. My stance is the 2nd Amendment is to give the right to citizens to arm themselves in the event of a tyranical government. The last thing I would ever want to do is actually take up arms against my country. I would, however, if necessary.

Your ate-uppedness has turned you completely, well, ate up. See, I can sound like a broken record too.

KC//CRIMSON
4/27/2009, 11:52 PM
Ate...up.

...and for the record don't misquote me. My stance is the 2nd Amendment is to give the right to citizens to arm themselves in the event of a tyranical government. The last thing I would ever want to do is actually take up arms against my country. I would, however, if necessary.

Your ate-uppedness has turned you completely, well, ate up. See, I can sound like a broken record too.

Do I really need to look up your quote about wanting to take over the government? Not to mention your classy quote about how sure you were that someone would take out Obama?

And I'm obsessed? Get *ucking real.

theresonly1OU
4/27/2009, 11:56 PM
And I'm obsessed?

Yes.

SoonerBorn68
4/27/2009, 11:57 PM
I remember saying something about not having to worry because somebody will take him out.

Go ahead, waste your time looking up my post. I mainly said that to set you & rest of the Obamanists off. Apparently it worked better than I could have ever hoped.

SoonerBorn68
4/28/2009, 12:04 AM
[i]12:02 AM KC//CRIMSON (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36921) Searching Forums

uh oh.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 12:09 AM
I remember saying something about not having to worry because somebody will take him out.

Go ahead, waste your time looking up my post. I mainly said that to set you & rest of the Obamanists off. Apparently it worked better than I could have ever hoped.

Naw, you meant it with every fiber of your being. Regardless, it was pretty idiotic of you. But then again, you say a lot of dumb things.

Load up the AK's, ladies!

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 12:10 AM
Yes.

Stalk much?

SoonerBorn68
4/28/2009, 12:16 AM
Naw, you meant it with every fiber of your being. Regardless, it was pretty idiotic of you. But then again, you say a lot of dumb things.

Load up the AK's, ladies!

Speaking of dumb things people say...

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 07:58 AM
I say a lot of dumb things.

Yes, we know.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 08:45 AM
Yes, we know.

Top of the morning, fuzzy nutsack!

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 08:50 AM
Do you have scrotum on the brain? You've made at least three posts about testicles in the last few hours.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 08:52 AM
Do you have scrotum on the brain? You've made at least three posts about testicles in the last few hours.

And your choice of a username was brilliant! Did your mom pick that out for you?

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 08:54 AM
And your choice of a username was brilliant! Did your mom pick that out for you?

I have no idea why you and LAS have such a hardon for my username. I guess when you're out of ammo you have to use what you can, I guess I can understand your desperation.

And thanks for the wife/sister joke PM you sent, toolbox.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 08:58 AM
I have no idea why you and LAS have such a hardon for my username. I guess when you're out of ammo you have to use what you can, I guess I can understand your desperation.

And thanks for the wife/sister joke PM you sent, toolbox.

Come on Harry, I've caught things in a fishing net that gave a better fight.

Oh and you're welcome, anytime!

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 09:01 AM
Settle down, daddy has to go work now. Try not to burn down the house while I'm gone and make sure you get a nap in.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 09:04 AM
Settle down, daddy has to go work now. Try not to burn down the house while I'm gone and make sure you get a nap in.

I'll take care of your *sister* while you're gone! No worries here!

This is fun Harry, we should commit to doing this all day!

olevetonahill
4/28/2009, 10:48 AM
Sorry, I don't belong to your OVJ posse.

Hey , The OVJ aint just fer the Posse , Im an equal opportunity Dispenser of Joy :P

Turd_Ferguson
4/28/2009, 11:29 AM
Hey , The OVJ aint just fer the Posse , Im an equal opportunity Destroyer of Liver's :Pfixed:D

StoopTroup
4/28/2009, 12:03 PM
No ammo here.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 04:31 PM
Tell me something, how does a dopey white dough boy mother *ucker like you have such a hot sister? Can you hook me up th some of that?

You and LAS, nothing but class.

TMcGee86
4/28/2009, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't call "new world order" a right wing conspiracy theory. Everytime I've heard it mentioned, one of the biggest targets was the Bush administration, actually both Bush administrations, but definitely the first.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:01 PM
You and LAS, nothing but class.

And you're a beacon of grace.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:05 PM
And you're a beacon of grace.

Pretty much anyone is compared to you. Should we take a poll and see how many posters would appreciate receiving lame hateful PMs regarding their wives? I guarantee you would lose.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:07 PM
Pretty much anyone is compared to you. Should we take a poll and see how many posters would appreciate receiving lame hateful PMs regarding their wives? I guarantee you would lose.

Should I do the same with your spek comments?

If that's your definition of hateful, you've got bigger problems then my comments.

Turd_Ferguson
4/28/2009, 05:09 PM
pole, pole, pole(damn, I sound like 1890:D), pole, pole, pole.:pop:

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:10 PM

Go ahead, just don't forget about the half dozen or so you sent me. :rolleyes:

If that's your definition of hateful, you've got bigger problems then my comments.

Wow, is that really the angle you're going with? Seek help man.

Turd_Ferguson
4/28/2009, 05:11 PM

If that's your definition of hateful, you've got bigger problems then my comments.am I wrong here, or is then suppost to be than? I keep see'n this ****, and it's burn'n me up.:confused:

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:12 PM
Go ahead, just don't forget about the half dozen or so you sent me.

Wow, is that really the angle you're going with? Seek help man.

Poor Harry, deflated.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:14 PM
Poor Harry, deflated.

Huh? You don't even make sense, you should probably just go and sleep it off.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:14 PM
am I wrong here, or is then suppost to be than? I keep see'n this ****, and it's burn'n me up.:confused:

You tell me? Is see'n supposed to be seeing?

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:16 PM
Huh? You don't even make sense, you should probably just go and sleep it off.

I guess it’s a joke, but jokes are supposed to be…I don’t know…funny? Or at the very least, involve prostitutes and/or dead babies so that at least we know that you’re trying to be funny and just not getting there. But this? I don’t know what the hell this is...

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:18 PM
I guess it’s a joke, but jokes are supposed to be…I don’t know…funny? Or at the very least, involve prostitutes and/or dead babies so that at least we know that you’re trying to be funny and just not getting there. But this? I don’t know what the hell this is...

Apparently, you're not as bright as you think you are then, looks pretty clear to me.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:21 PM
Apparently, you're not as bright as you think you are then, looks pretty clear to me.

Goddamn it, Harry, are you even going to try anymore? Seriously, get with somebody that has a shred of comedic ability and brainstorm.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:26 PM
Goddamn it, Harry, are you even going to try anymore? Seriously, get with somebody that has a shred of comedic ability and brainstorm.

Try what?

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:27 PM
Guess not.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2009, 05:34 PM
If you perceived that we were in a competition on who could be the biggest jerk on the board and make the most inane, off the wall posts, then I give up. You win hands down. If I had known that's what you thought was happening I would have walked away long ago.

But I guess you are one of the ones that thinks this board is their own personal play toy and get your jollies out of treating people like crap just to pass the time. Pathetic really.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 05:42 PM
If you perceived that we were in a competition on who could be the biggest jerk on the board and make the most inane, off the wall posts, then I give up. You win hands down. If I had known that's what you thought was happening I would have walked away long ago.

But I guess you are one of the ones that thinks this board is their own personal play toy and get your jollies out of treating people like crap just to pass the time. Pathetic really.

Awww, did somebody get their wittle feelings hurt?

Nobody asked you to join in, Harry. This thread had nothing to do with you. You took that upon yourself. If you don't like our exchanges back and fourth, well, guess what? Too bad.

And don't kid yourself, you've talked trash to people on here for a long time as well, and you know it.

BudSooner
4/28/2009, 05:53 PM
Jesus this thread sucks.