PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach is funny

stoops the eternal pimp
4/27/2009, 01:53 PM
"I'm happy for Stephen McGee," Leach told the Dallas Morning News. "The Dallas Cowboys like him more than his coaches at A&M did."

from EspnMike Leach (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4105406)

badger
4/27/2009, 01:56 PM
Oh NO, he DIDN'T!!!!
http://i41.tinypic.com/21agzgm.jpg
OH YES HE DID!!! :D

Mikey is so awesome.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/27/2009, 01:57 PM
His comments about the Browns coach is pretty good too...

Meanwhile, Leach said that Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini is to blame for former Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree falling to the 10th pick in the first round. Reports out of Cleveland said that the Browns didn't like Crabtree's attitude when he visited the team prior to the draft.

"Michael Crabtree has been more successful as a receiver than that guy as a coach at this point," Leach said of Mangini, according to the Sacramento Bee. "Part of the reason is [Crabtree's] too shy to be like that."

Leach said Crabtree isn't a "diva."

"My definition of a diva is someone who's loud and self-absorbed," Leach told the Bee. "Michael Crabtree is the furthest thing from loud that I've seen. ... Let's see how all those non-divas do up in Cleveland this year."

badger
4/27/2009, 02:00 PM
Oh dear... what I'm reading is that Leach says that divas are "loud" and "self-absorbed" and that Crabtree is as far from "loud" as you can be... but does not dispute the "self-absorbed" part of his Diva definition.

Also... when he trashed the Brownie coach, did you note that Graham Harrell is trying to get a free agency deal worked out there? Sooooo, Mikey insults the coach that's about to sign his studly departing QB. Oh crap. Oh Mikey...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/27/2009, 02:04 PM
Thats what I was thinking..of course, judging by the performance of their o line over the last few years at cleveland, he might be saving his life

Curly Bill
4/27/2009, 05:50 PM
Mike Leach is not only funny, Mike Leach is awesome! :D

rainiersooner
4/27/2009, 06:51 PM
I hope to God when he retires he becomes a commentator. That would be too hilarious.

badger
4/27/2009, 06:55 PM
I hope to God when he retires he becomes a commentator. That would be too hilarious.

He and Bobby Knight - I don't care which sport or what the show is about. Give both of them a microphone and an audience and see what happens.

jps
4/27/2009, 11:17 PM
He and Bobby Knight - I don't care which sport or what the show is about. Give both of them a microphone and an audience and see what happens.

Well I don't know exactly what would happen but I would bet we all walked away knowing a little bit more about pirates.

NormanPride
4/28/2009, 08:40 AM

Yeah, that's a duo that I would never mute. Even if they talked trash about OU, at least it would be funny and educational.

badger
4/28/2009, 08:41 AM
Well I don't know exactly what would happen but I would bet we all walked away knowing a little bit more about pirates.

and Whitney Hand. :D If you guys missed the OU-Tennessee wimmen's bball game at OKC's Ford Center earlier this year, Bobby Knight was assigned to cover it (yes - a women's game. it was his first-ever commentating because Pat Summitt was trying to break some milestone or record or something... we won, so it's all moot).

Like most wimmen's games, the commentators are quick to point out all the celebrities in the crowd. Here's about how it went down...

Dumb beyonce commentator: Oh, look! There's Bubba Paris, who we all know used to play for the 49ers! Screw the game going on, I'm gonna look at the crowd instead because I'm such a dumb beyonce commentator! OH! And there's OU head football coach Bob Stoops, with his wife, who we all know is a successful makeup consultant with a pink Caddy! ...and look, next to him is OU men's head basketball coach Jeff Capel with his wife and daughter...

Bobby Knight: F*** you, beyonce, I'm gonna talk basketball during a basketball game... and I'm gonna talk endlessly about Whitney Hand. Whitney Hand with the awesome three-pointer. She is just amazing for a freshman and let me tell you, if I ever return to coaching, I'm going to try to get Whitney Hand to transfer to my team.

:D It was funny... much like Mike Leach is funny.

OUMallen
4/28/2009, 11:06 AM
I love Mike.

JLEW1818
4/28/2009, 11:30 AM
He would be a funny commentator.

Statalyzer
4/28/2009, 12:54 PM

That would be awesome. The Bob Knight comparisons have some merit, but I think Leach is probably funnier, and definitely less of an a-hole.

Collier11
4/28/2009, 01:58 PM
He is funny, awesome, and exactly right. I love the part where he states that NFL scouts or teams dont exactly judge qb talent very well

badger
4/29/2009, 08:01 AM
So did anyone see how Shermanator responded to Mikey's comments? In a prepared statement...

"There's nothing Mike Leach could ever say that would offend me.

"I do find it unfortunate, however, that a college coach feels the need to question the handling of a player by a staff particularly without any knowledge of the facts or the extent of a player's injury. It is equally bothersome that a football coach would question the draft status of a player. This doesn't make any sense to me.

"I have stated numerous times before the draft I thought Stephen McGee was a late third or early fourth-round pick. It is apparent the Dallas Cowboys felt the same way. It was a great pick."
How formal :rolleyes: I bet Mikey's never prepared a statement in his life. You can read where I found that here. (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-316/Sherman-fires-back-at-Leach.html)