PDA

View Full Version : Rematch in January 2010?

Okla-homey
4/26/2009, 04:39 PM
Some sports wag in the Tulsa World today reports many CFB experts are predicting a rematch of OU-UF in the MNC game.

He also thinks OU and oSwho will both be undefeated going into that game for all the marbles in the South.

What say you genuii?

:pop:

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 04:41 PM
Rematch is very possible. Oklahoma State has a chance to be undefeated, but that is saying a lot. Zero chance of beating us in Norman, if we are healthy.

3 way tie this year is possible, yet again.

mOUse
4/26/2009, 05:06 PM
Rematch is very possible. Oklahoma State has a chance to be undefeated, but that is saying a lot. Zero chance of beating us in Norman, if we are healthy.

3 way tie this year is possible, yet again.I remember thinking that one year...and then....some guy named woods:mad: , makes me cry everytime I think about it...

SoonersBIG7
4/26/2009, 05:20 PM
I'm so fed up hearing about how good the osu will be next year, i guess if they figure if they sayin it eventually it will happen??

Jacie
4/26/2009, 06:25 PM
For aggie, the 800-pound gorilla is named sa*et. They have yet to prove they can beat them.

colinreturn
4/26/2009, 06:34 PM
hahaha preseason polls.....

SoonerDood
4/26/2009, 07:17 PM
The last time Flawda went any length of time without Harvin they lost 4 games. I say no rematch.

Salt City Sooner
4/26/2009, 07:49 PM
Florida's got a one game schedule (@ LSU). A re-match is entirely possible if we manage to hold up our end of the bargain.

Dan Thompson
4/26/2009, 07:56 PM
Don't worry, Iowa State vs Baylor for the Big XII championship.

OU gets hit for a Reggie Bush violation, somehow!

swardboy
4/26/2009, 08:11 PM
I want a Tebow beat-down.

starclassic tama
4/26/2009, 08:33 PM
i would love a rematch. if our front 7 continues to improve like i think it will, i think our defense can be good enough to completely shut down UF.

jumperstop
4/26/2009, 10:35 PM
I think OSU will be pretty good next year, but they are probably going to drop one before the game with us. Partially, I don't see the whorns losing to both us and pokes.

starclassic tama
4/26/2009, 10:43 PM
i could just be overconfident but i don't think there is anyway we lose to texas next year. after all the **** they talked after beating us last year we should be beyond fired up and get things right again in the RRS

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2009, 10:55 PM
i would love a rematch. if our front 7 continues to improve like i think it will, i think our defense can be good enough to completely shut down UF.

:confused:

If our front seven continues to improve?

LMFAO...well, good thing OUr front seven has the best defensive line in the country to help them continue to improve.

starclassic tama
4/26/2009, 11:09 PM
good point

AimForCenterMass
4/26/2009, 11:18 PM
:confused:
If our front seven continues to improve?

Can it get any worse?

starclassic tama
4/26/2009, 11:21 PM
i wouldn't go that far unless that post is sarcasm. they were very dominate at times, and for stretches in the BCS game.

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2009, 11:30 PM
i wouldn't go that far unless that post is sarcasm. they were very dominate at times, and for stretches in the BCS game.

nm

JLEW1818
4/27/2009, 01:54 AM
I remember thinking that one year...and then....some guy named woods:mad: , makes me cry everytime I think about it...

Woods was an exceptional player that year. Don't get me wrong Dez Bryant is very good. We have Sam Bradford, case closed. We have a way better chance losing to texas, than the pokes, IMO.

We have lost 1 home conference game under stoops.....number 2 aint happening this year!

Fraggle145
4/27/2009, 11:40 AM
i could just be overconfident but i don't think there is anyway we lose to *Texas* next year. after all the **** they talked after beating us last year we should be beyond fired up and get things right again in the RRS

I heard this before... with all the Pat White W. Virginia bullshiz and the shiz from Boise the year before. meh you get the point.

NormanPride
4/27/2009, 12:08 PM
We've got to get our OLine in playing shape, and they have to figure out life without Harvin.

sooner94
4/27/2009, 12:17 PM
I could see Florida getting there. Maybe not undefeated but winning the SEC should get them there.

Our biggest hurdles will be Texas and Tech (at Lubbock will be tough). I don't think we will have much trouble with the rest.

OSU won't be undefeated in the B12 going into the game against us. They will lose to Texas (after having a 35 point lead in the first half) and at least one other game.

CrimsonJim
4/27/2009, 03:29 PM
I am praying for a rematch! A lot of things have to fall into place for that to happen, but anything's possible. :)

As for Okie Lite going undefeated leading into Bedlam - ain't gonna happen. Hell, they stand a very good chance of losing their first game of the year. That's in addition to the obvious fact that sooner94 made about their continued debacles against the Whorns.

JLEW1818
4/27/2009, 04:05 PM
I could see Florida getting there. Maybe not undefeated but winning the SEC should get them there.

Our biggest hurdles will be *Texas* and Tech (at Lubbock will be tough). I don't think we will have much trouble with the rest.

OSU won't be undefeated in the B12 going into the game against us. They will lose to *Texas* (after having a 35 point lead in the first half) and at least one other game.

@ Tech will always be a challenge. Should be less of a challenge this year, compared to 05,07. If we are healthy.

CrimsonJim
4/27/2009, 05:09 PM
Yep, Tech has to reload this year. Will be interesting to see if Leach can just continue to plug in QBs and keep the train a rollin'.

Jacie
4/27/2009, 06:24 PM
Yep, Tech has to reload this year. Will be interesting to see if Leach can just continue to plug in QBs and keep the train a rollin'.

Graham Harrell 2008 vs 2006:

In 2008, GH threw for 500+ more yards, 7 more TDs, and 2 fewer INT's than he did in 2006. Also, Tech won 4 more games and lost 3 fewer. The new guy won't have a certain first-round draft pick to throw to either.

rainiersooner
4/27/2009, 06:53 PM

I agree. Mainly because of better depth this year. The D line was worn out in the 4th which opened the game up for the Messiah. Hell, I'm sure we can at least score 14 on 'em again this year.

JLEW1818
4/27/2009, 09:04 PM
If we only give up 24 points again in OUr bowl game... I can't complain. The offense has to do something.

gatorpower
4/27/2009, 09:48 PM
The last time Flawda went any length of time without Harvin they lost 4 games. I say no rematch.

Which four games? Florida is 5-0 in games without Harvin over the past 3 seasons.

gotpoi73
4/27/2009, 10:01 PM
it would be even more fun to smash usc in their own backyard..

"I never forget a fargin face!"

JLEW1818
4/27/2009, 10:36 PM
it would be even more fun to smash usc in their own backyard..

"I never forget a fargin face!"

would be nice, but I wouldn't want to play them there.

DMAFB_Sooner08
4/27/2009, 11:57 PM
would be nice, but I wouldn't want to play them there.

yeah its gettin a lil old playin MNC in the opponents back yard

CrimsonJim
4/28/2009, 09:31 AM
I've always thought that it was carp to allow the MNC to be a home game. Maybe I'll feel differently if the Cotton goes BCS when it's moved to Jerry World and WE actually get a home game. :)

soonervegas
4/28/2009, 10:00 AM
I would rather play Florida (and not SC). For three reasons:

#1 Tebow will be the Heisman winner - he's 0-1 in that role
#2 There would be the revenge factor
#3 It would be cool to see the same two teams rematch for it all

The NC game will very likely be a combination of Florida vs. OU or Texas. (Major injuries avoided) The only variable out there in my mind is Ohio State.

TXBOOMER
4/28/2009, 03:43 PM
I like the 15 starters that we have returning next year. In fact, I can't remember a year that we have ever had this many elite starters returning to a focking team. I believe Tennell and Caleb are going to make it like we have 17 starters returning. I have extremely high expectations this year especially against texass. I believe an OU - UF BCS NC game has to be the favorite if everyone were picking outside of asterick I mean austin.