PDA

View Full Version : With all the doom and gloom in the economy...

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 10:16 AM
I wanted to share some good news with you folks. My company is building a brand new distribution center here in this great state. We have struck a deal with one of the largest hospitals in the state to distribute all of their products (that they buy) out of said warehouse.

This is going to add 30 million dollars to the state's economy and add 100+ new full time jobs. We have also started to make a lot of goods here in USA. We are also a privately held company with no debt. We don't borrow money banks. Last year we bought 5 company including curad and a division of 3M. ALL IN CASH.

So there. There is some good news this Sunday morning. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/26/2009, 11:32 AM
"We have struck a deal with one of the largest hospitals in the state to distribute all of their products out of said warehouse. "-LilSooner

What sort of products does that hospital make?

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 11:39 AM
Well the hospital doesn't make products. They will buy everything they use from us. We also happen to make all of their surgery packs, gowns, gloves, wound care products, textiles, and pretty much anything that they use with the exception of pharmaceuticals and implants.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/26/2009, 12:43 PM
Well the hospital doesn't make products. They will buy everything they use from us. We also happen to make all of their surgery packs, gowns, gloves, wound care products, textiles, and pretty much anything that they use with the exception of pharmaceuticals and implants.Shouldn't your competitors get govt. subsidies, so they don't go under?

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
4/26/2009, 04:00 PM
Smart move in locking up a client and storing inventory with just-in-time delivery.

I'm wondering if all hospitals pooled together and did all their purchasing through a unified system with an equally efficient distribution system if it would save significant costs.

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 04:08 PM
Smart move in locking up a client and storing inventory with just-in-time delivery.

I'm wondering if all hospitals pooled together and did all their purchasing through a unified system with an equally efficient distribution system if it would save significant costs.

Funny you should say that. We have a huge group doing that right now. I have picked up quite a bit of business this first quarter from this. We are working with GPO's and driving compliance which increases the rebates that they are getting from their contracts all from being compliant.

XingTheRubicon
4/26/2009, 08:50 PM
PSS?

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 09:54 PM
PSS?

Ewww no! Way bigger than PSS.

XingTheRubicon
4/26/2009, 10:29 PM
I thought PSS was the biggest for that type market. 1.8 billion in sales last year with 3500 employees.

LilSooner
4/26/2009, 10:39 PM
I thought PSS was the biggest for that type market. 1.8 billion in sales last year with 3500 employees.

Nope we are twice as big as they are. And PSS doesn't make custom surgical packs. We are number one in exam gloves, number two in custom packs, number 1 or 2 in surgical gowns (depending on the day), and we about to be number one in surgeon's gloves.

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2009, 03:14 AM
Can I get some of them exam gloves? For research purposes of course.

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2009, 08:58 AM
Awesome news!!!

That Mexican Swine Flu thing should really help out as well!