PDA

View Full Version : Post your meat recipe here...

Frozen Sooner
4/25/2009, 04:57 PM
Here's my new fave:

Vaca Fritas

2 lb sirloin roast
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced.

Place roast and bay leaves in a pot and fill pot with water enough to cover roast. Cover and simmer for 1.5 hours (a dutch oven works great for this, but a stainless steel pot will work as well, just make sure the lid is on there tight.)

Leave roast in pot with water and let cool to room temperature.

Remove roast from water and shred.

Combine shredded beed with lime juice, lemon juice, and garlic in a glass dish and cover. Refrigerate overnight.

Fry meat and onions together in a skillet with olive oil until onions are translucent.

Serve over rice.

Nom nom nom.

royalfan5
4/25/2009, 05:03 PM
Chunk of meat
Enough heat to sear outside.
Profit.

StoopTroup
4/25/2009, 05:11 PM
Hand Wife $100 to go to store.

List
Beer
Meat
Wine

Watch NFL Draft all afternoon...

Sit down for dinner.

Then desert.

Then more beer.

Secs.

Back to Sports Board.

Pass out.

Perfect Day.

Frozen Sooner
4/25/2009, 05:14 PM
Buncha comedians. Didn't even notice that the recipe is called "Fried Cow" didja?

John Kochtoston
4/25/2009, 05:45 PM
"Huh, Huh hey, Beavis, he said meat. Huh, huh." (http://flimmr.passagen.se/movie/beavis_and_butthead_tainted_meat_.action)

King Crimson
4/25/2009, 07:53 PM
i am making bolognese right now. not a real "meat" recipe but a recipe with meat.

smells great as the milk and then red wine evaporate with the lean beef and pork fat.

Frozen Sooner
4/25/2009, 07:59 PM
Well, you COULD post the recipe...

Mjcpr
4/25/2009, 08:16 PM
I don't have a recipe but I can tell you grilled flank steak is some good stuff. Whatever your favorite marinade is, marinade for 24 hours and grill to medium rare and slice across the grain. We use a vinegar-garlic-lemon-olive oil marinade that I like but to each his own. Grill about 7-8 minutes per side.

King Crimson
4/25/2009, 08:18 PM
Well, you COULD post the recipe...

it's kind of like Vandy and the SEC, i don't really think about it that way.

basic guidelines. use a pot with a heavy bottom.

saute chopped onions in olive oil and butter until translucent.
add your finely diced celery and carrots (soffrito)....let it go for a couple minutes. don't be lazy, very small dice.

add your ground beef and pork mixture (2:1, beef:pork--ground veal is really the way to go in the mix, but i didn't buy that--ground turkey works OK as a sub).

when the meat is only still slightly pink, add a nice shot of freshly ground nutmeg. and top off the mixture with milk. let it medium simmer until it evaporates.

do the same with a cup of wine (either red or white). simmer it off. your fats will start to separate (and smell f-ing great).

when all the liquid is mostly evap, add your tomatoes. big can whole toms which you've crushed in your hands carefully in a mixing bowl with the liquid (wear an apron, yo) or run through a food processor if you want to clean it (food mill is the "real" way to go, but i do it just fine with my hands)....maybe add some tom paste if it looks a little too thin, but remember you are going to simmer this for a while so thin may be good right now.

once everything comes to a slight bubble, turn low to a very lazy simmer. uncovered for a couple hours. stir every now and again. add some water or more wine to moisten if need be. i'm planning on simmering this for about 2 hours (3 is kind of the official Italian grammaw time)

that's how i'm doing it tonight--based on the availability of things in my pantry. there's all kinds of stuff you can do. but you can't go wrong with what i've got. got some hand made 4 cheese tortellini from my buddy Giuseppe's restaurant.

big times.

King Crimson
4/25/2009, 08:56 PM
Lamb Chops Scottadito

here's a proper recipe similar to something we used to serve at a place I used to work. works with a pork chop too. but, you have to be careful with pork, dries out fast on the grill.

Ingredients:

* 2 1/4 pounds (1 k) of lamb chops
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1-2 bay leaves
* 3-4 juniper berries
* 3-4 green peppercorns
* 2 cloves garlic
* 2 lemons, cut into wedges
* Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Combine the oil and wine in a bowl. Crush the berries and garlic, and tear the bay leaf. Combine them with the lemon wedges and the oil-and-wine mixture, and marinate the lamb for at least 12 hours, turning the pieces occasionally.

You can either cook the lamb chops in a skillet, over a brisk flame, or grill them over the coals. In either case, lay slices of lemon from the marinade over them as they cook, turn them occasionally, and salt them well when they're almost done. If you're doing them over the coals you may also want to baste them with the marinade.

King Crimson
4/25/2009, 09:06 PM
http://italianfood.about.com/od/beefbracioleetc/r/blr1239.htm

something like this too, we used to do. find the piedmontese sauce link below.

My first Chef Carlo was from Piemonte, he was a great old dude. saw Pink Floyd at the Parthenon. he was probably 45 or 50 then.

JLEW1818
4/25/2009, 09:29 PM
Here's my new fave:

Vaca Fritas

2 lb sirloin roast
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced.

Place roast and bay leaves in a pot and fill pot with water enough to cover roast. Cover and simmer for 1.5 hours (a dutch oven works great for this, but a stainless steel pot will work as well, just make sure the lid is on there tight.)

Leave roast in pot with water and let cool to room temperature.

Remove roast from water and shred.

Combine shredded beed with lime juice, lemon juice, and garlic in a glass dish and cover. Refrigerate overnight.

Fry meat and onions together in a skillet with olive oil until onions are translucent.

Serve over rice.

Nom nom nom.

Sounds pretty damn good

King Crimson
4/25/2009, 09:56 PM
bolognese at the 2 hour mark is beautiful. smells great.

no substitute for doing it yourself.

StoopTroup
4/27/2009, 11:48 AM
Hi all...Mrs. ST here. I made this recipe for one of the tailgate parties last year, and it seemed to disappear rather quickly.

Mexican Roast Burritos

Sear a roast (rump works great..lol) with a little oil and garlic, then place in a crock pot.

Combine two cans of Rotel with 16oz of Salsa, and pour over Roast. Optional: slice a green pepper and some onions and place on top.

Cook on high for 9-10 hours. Take out Roast and place in fridge to cool. Strain the juice left in crock pot and place in the fridge to cool also.

The next day, skim the fat off the juice and shred the roast. Add cumin and chili powder to the juice and saute the shredded beef in the juice until it almost evaporates.

Fresh guacamole and pico will make this the most mouth-watering mexican food you have had in a looooong while!