PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin can't outrun

theresonly1OU
4/21/2009, 11:17 PM
...a drug test.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9483382/Sources:-WRs-Harvin,-Tate-tested-positive-for-pot

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 11:21 PM
The ROFLCOPTER is landing, please fasten your seat belts!

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7919/roflcopter9gr.png

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 11:47 PM
Oh please...PLEASE GOD...PLEASE let some of those a-holes from December/January come back so we can make some jokes!

Too bad it wasn't speed...that woulda been perfect.

But really...imagine how fast he'd be without the weed!

starclassic tama
4/22/2009, 12:06 AM
pot? seriously? shouldn't even count as a failed drug test...

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 12:07 AM

Is it still on the illegal drug list?

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2009, 12:20 AM
I personally agree with Sphinctertama Assic on pot not being any big deal in the legal sense but what kinda moron is looking at a multimillion dollar bonus he could use to buy all of the Thai Stick in Thailand and all the Maui Waui in Hawaii spokes the shat inside of 30 days of the damned combine tests????????

They obviously don't teach 'em well at FU

rainiersooner
4/22/2009, 12:21 AM

Normally, I would agree with you and be outraged by the hypocrisy that allows a killer like alcohol to be pimped on people, but allows the smoking of a little weed to ruin a kid's NFL draft status...but in this case, all I can say is Blahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2009, 12:23 AM
You'd think his highness the teclown woulda advised his apostles better!

yermom
4/22/2009, 12:25 AM
stupid kids

it's hard not to feel the schadenfreude on this one :D

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 12:28 AM
I personally agree with Sphinctertama Assic on pot not being any big deal in the legal sense but what kinda moron is looking at a multimillion dollar bonus he could use to buy all of the Thai Stick in Thailand and all the Maui Waui in Hawaii spokes the shat inside of 30 days of the damned combine tests????????

They obviously don't teach 'em well at FU

I agree too. However, it is still listed as an illegal drug, therefore if you test postivie for it, it is a bad thing.

StoopTroup
4/22/2009, 12:33 AM
There's a reason some of them should stay in School.

CrimsonJim
4/22/2009, 12:44 AM
Oh please...PLEASE GOD...PLEASE let some of those a-holes from December/January come back so we can make some jokes!

Too bad it wasn't speed...that woulda been perfect.

But really...imagine how fast he'd be without the weed!

ROFrigginL!!!!

sooner59
4/22/2009, 01:30 AM
All kidding aside...if this happens in the offseason, there is no problem whatsoever. It will not affect the play at all. However, it is illegal, so this has to be taken into account. If I were a an NFL team, as long as he proved to me in an interview that it would not be an issue, then my draft decision would not be affected.

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2009, 01:33 AM
Whatever...I hope he loses 20 mill or so! Screw him.

yermom
4/22/2009, 01:45 AM
All kidding aside...if this happens in the offseason, there is no problem whatsoever. It will not affect the play at all. However, it is illegal, so this has to be taken into account. If I were a an NFL team, as long as he proved to me in an interview that it would not be an issue, then my draft decision would not be affected.

see Williams, Ricky

AlbqSooner
4/22/2009, 06:09 AM
Legal or illegal, good or bad, failing a SCHEDULED drug test just before the draft is not a drug test at all. THAT is an intelligence test.

Jacie
4/22/2009, 06:13 AM
If testing positive does affect their respective draft positions and subsequent money, the real loser here is . . .

Joel Segal, the agent who represents both players, didn't return messages seeking comment.

OU-HSV
4/22/2009, 07:03 AM
I love the way the story starts out:

The draft stock of Percy Harvin and Brandon Tate may have taken a hit.....
Are we sure the draft status took a hit....or just Percy and Brandon?? ;) :D

CincySooner
4/22/2009, 07:41 AM
Harvin is just trying to boost his draft status in the eyes of the Bengals.

soonerhubs
4/22/2009, 08:22 AM
Harvin is just trying to boost his draft status in the eyes of the Bengals.

:D

BornandBred
4/22/2009, 08:23 AM
Legal or illegal, good or bad, failing a SCHEDULED drug test just before the draft is not a drug test at all. THAT is an intelligence test.

QFT

ouleaf
4/22/2009, 10:12 AM
They obviously must have watched Family Guy this past week.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68615/family-guy-bag-of-weed

meoveryouxinfinity
4/22/2009, 02:58 PM
I love the way the story starts out:

Are we sure the draft status took a hit....or just Percy and Brandon?? ;) :D

I saw that and was going to comment on it too! the writer must have been using a pun, ha, ha.

4/21 drug testing should be mandatory!!

cjames317
4/22/2009, 04:03 PM
Percy's new verse to Afroman's "Because I Got High":

Was gonna go first round to Pats blue but I got high.
Was gonna be Brady's wingman too but then I got high.
Now Al Davis is calling me and I know why (why man?).
Cuz I got high cuz I got high cuz I got high cuz I got high.

Jello Biafra
4/22/2009, 04:13 PM

so if he got alll fugged up on lortab it'd be cool? its still an illegal drug....either they are all bad or all good. either you can police them all or you can't.

bottom line is this, "slightly illegal but not harmful to anyone but the smoker" is still illegal and if your potential boss asks you to take a **** test at the corner occupational medicine office or at a scheduled testing facility for draft day.and you go out looking for a job knowing you can't control yourself for a few weeks......you = fail

quite frankly, i get tired of everyone poopooing "weed" there is no difference between your kid getting a holt of your 1/5 of old crow or getting into your medicine cabinet for your pain pills...

soonerfan28
4/22/2009, 05:26 PM
He'll get drafted but Goodell will being suspending him before long for breaking the NFL drug policy.

catsigater
4/22/2009, 08:27 PM

Have at it...

fadada1
4/22/2009, 08:57 PM
i gotta agree with the "weed is no big deal and a helluva lot better than meth/coke/alcohol, but you're just plain stupid for failing a known drug test" argument.

i'd love to here what tebow has to say about this.

JLEW1818
4/22/2009, 09:13 PM
i gotta agree with the "weed is no big deal and a helluva lot better than meth/coke/alcohol, but you're just plain stupid for failing a known drug test" argument.

i'd love to here what The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah has to say about this.

ditto

fadada1
4/22/2009, 09:16 PM
i gotta learn how to fark. this thing has endless possibilities - last supper, sistine chapel, etc...

sooner59
4/22/2009, 11:50 PM
After thinking more about it, I changed my mind. I might pass on him if a better WR/ATH was available. Its not so much of a pot issue as it is a stupidity issue. He knew he would be tested, so there are two scenerios. Either he has a problem and can't quit or he is to stupid to know that it will affect him this badly. Either way, something tells me he might be trouble.

Crucifax Autumn
4/23/2009, 12:11 AM
It's all about the stupid for me. In my pothead years I'd quit when there was a reason...I was smart like that.

It's like the idiot brother in law we all have that gets put on probation but then goes to jail for flunking a scheduled drug test...MORON!!!!!!!

Jacie
4/23/2009, 06:03 AM
It's all about the stupid for me. In my pothead years I'd quit when there was a reason...I was smart like that.

It's like the idiot brother in law we all have that gets put on probation but then goes to jail for flunking a scheduled drug test...MORON!!!!!!!

My best friend in highschool's brother-in-law got arrested for trying to steal railroad ties. (on an aside, I can't imagine even trying to go lift a bunch of rough pieces of wood into the back of a truck and then find someone to pay me for them) Anyway, he is hauled in, makes bail and promptly returns to the scene of the crime to continue what the sheriff had so rudely interrupted . . . and gets arrested again.

SoonerJack
4/23/2009, 07:50 AM
see Williams, Ricky

Yermom, you stole my line.:mad:

The_Red_Patriot
4/23/2009, 09:04 AM
but he can outrun the Oklahoma defense....

he killed us.

theresonly1OU
4/23/2009, 10:06 AM
he smoked us.

Fixed.

A-M
4/23/2009, 11:29 AM

I do believe you have it right! If he doesn't have the intelligence to make sure that he is clean for the scheduled test, then his brain isn't working well. Never mind I'm very old fashion and have never, nor will I ever try any of those drugs, he should have been smart enough to make sure he took something to show him being clean. You can buy it at the local corner drug store and on the internet. So, that just shows how double stupid he is. UF didn't teach him much of anything.

Bosley
4/24/2009, 07:29 PM
I wonder if he tested positive for cigarettes too.....:rolleyes:

SoonerShark
4/24/2009, 10:21 PM
Have at it...

Q: "How does a gator lick its balls?"

A: "It T-bows."

SoonerShark
4/24/2009, 10:23 PM
Q: "How does a gator lick its balls?"

A: "It T-bows."

or is it T-blows.

StoopTroup
4/25/2009, 05:17 PM
Wonder how much that reefer has cost him so far?

meoveryouxinfinity
4/25/2009, 05:28 PM
Wonder how much that reefer has cost him so far?

not very much?

except being AD's bitch

cherrylimeade
4/25/2009, 05:31 PM
Can afford the very best now.........

stoopified
4/25/2009, 07:55 PM
My question is WHY WERE THE VIKING STAFF MEMBERS SPAKING UP WITH PERCY?That IMHO is the only explanation for drafting Percy,especially in the FIRST ROUND.If he plays at RB he is THIRD on the depth chart and at WR he is useless without an NFL caliber QB.

StoopTroup
4/25/2009, 09:34 PM
not very much?

except being AD's bitch

That would be quite a bit then IMO.

catsigater
4/25/2009, 10:40 PM
My question is WHY WERE THE VIKING STAFF MEMBERS SPAKING UP WITH PERCY?That IMHO is the only explanation for drafting Percy,especially in the FIRST ROUND.If he plays at RB he is THIRD on the depth chart and at WR he is useless without an NFL caliber QB.

You're way off.

Bringing in Harvin may actually extend Jackson's QB stint with the Vikings for an extra year or two. Look for quite a few spread looks from Minnesota now, and look for them to have their second consecutive rookie of the year.

(OK, that was over the top, but y'all are such good sports, here.)

This will also take some pressure off Peterson. If Harvin stays healthy and keeps his head out of his arse, which is not a completely safe bet, by any means.

But he's got a tremendous work ethic, if you remember what he did to rehab before the NC game.

Anyway, I've been a Vikings fan since the Tarkenton days, and I couldn't be happier.

Mjcpr
4/25/2009, 10:43 PM
But he's got a tremendous work ethic, if you remember what he did to rehab before the NC game.

Sounds to me like he should've gone to rehab before the draft.

catsigater
4/25/2009, 10:48 PM

Oh snap.

JLEW1818
4/25/2009, 10:49 PM
Percy is too little for the NFL, just saying. Great college player. but wait till he crosses the middle of the field.

CrimsonJim
4/26/2009, 12:21 AM
If Harvin stays healthy

And when was his last full season w/o injury?

and keeps his head out of his arse, which is not a completely safe bet, by any means.

We all know that's gonna be a challenge. I have yet to hear the gigantic popping sound from him removing it this time.

I wish the guy well, but he's got a TALL hill to climb IMHO.

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 12:23 AM
And when was his last full season w/o injury?

We all know that's gonna be a challenge. I have yet to hear the gigantic popping sound from him removing it this time.

I wish the guy well, but he's got a TALL hill to climb IMHO.

**** that dude, he will say his lungs hurt from smoking too much weed. Florida aint nothing but a pusher state.

CrimsonJim
4/26/2009, 12:35 AM
That's Phloriduh. Pay tention!

catsigater
4/26/2009, 12:45 AM
**** that dude, he will say his lungs hurt from smoking too much weed.

Keep those predictions coming!

Re: How many points do you need (to beat Florida)?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2543350

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 12:50 AM
lol, u aint so bad catsigater, but i still think Tebow is a dbag. i think a part of you really hates him inside.......

catsigater
4/26/2009, 12:52 AM
lol, u aint so bad catsigater, but i still think The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is a dbag. i think a part of you really hates him inside.......

Jus' messin' witcha. Take care.

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 12:53 AM
lol... so part of u have something against tebow???/ hehee

Curly Bill
4/26/2009, 12:58 AM
Even Gator fans know Tebow is full of crap. Anyone with a clue does anyway.

CrimsonJim
4/26/2009, 01:00 AM
How do you really feel, Bill? ;)

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 01:01 AM
Even Gator fans know The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is full of crap. Anyone with a clue does anyway.

Anybody who is republican ;) ...

Curly Bill
4/26/2009, 01:02 AM
I think he's a self-righteous bag of wind.

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 01:03 AM
Just in, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah hates Obama......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Curly Bill
4/26/2009, 01:04 AM
Just in, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah hates Obama......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well of course, they both aspire to the same position, that of Messiah. ;)

JLEW1818
4/26/2009, 01:07 AM
hhehehehehehe

CrimsonJim
4/26/2009, 01:09 AM
Woooooow, Dude. This is like a time warp into the SO or sumfin.

stoopified
4/26/2009, 02:49 PM
You're way off.

Bringing in Harvin may actually extend Jackson's QB stint with the Vikings for an extra year or two. Look for quite a few spread looks from Minnesota now, and look for them to have their second consecutive rookie of the year.

(OK, that was over the top, but y'all are such good sports, here.)

This will also take some pressure off Peterson. If Harvin stays healthy and keeps his head out of his arse, which is not a completely safe bet, by any means.

Anyway, I've been a Vikings fan since the Tarkenton days, and I couldn't be happier.Doesn't matter how god Harvin is or isn't UNLESS Jackson miraculously morphs into a NFL QB.Tavaris makes Vince Young look good.

catsigater
4/27/2009, 09:26 AM
Woooooow, Dude. This is like a time warp into the SO or sumfin.

Ahm tryin' t'give y'all OU prognosticators a shot at redemption. Jus' remember how it went last time you folks scoffed at Percy. ;)

OU_Sooners75
4/28/2009, 02:36 AM
Ahm tryin' t'give y'all OU prognosticators a shot at redemption. Jus' remember how it went last time you folks scoffed at Percy. ;)

All I have to say is...

Are you still counting your blessings when it comes to the facts that OU failed on 2 fourth and goal conversions in the first half of the game?

OU makes those, the game is totally different.

G8trGr8t
4/28/2009, 11:10 AM
All I have to say is...

Are you still counting your blessings when it comes to the facts that OU failed on 2 fourth and goal conversions in the first half of the game?

OU makes those, the game is totally different.

I don't think OU failed, I think UF succeded. OU didn't fumble the snap or trip over their own shoe laces, they lined up and got beat at the point of attack.

TOo bad the guy that blew up those plays for us couldn't live by the rules and has been booted from our team. Incredible talent, tremendous waste.

badger
4/28/2009, 11:19 AM
I don't think OU failed, I think UF succeeded.

Your swamp isn't half empty of muck and gators, it's half full of muck and gators! ;)

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/28/2009, 12:14 PM

heh. put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The_Red_Patriot
4/28/2009, 12:25 PM
Florida shut us down in the red zone.

Enough said.

BornandBred
4/28/2009, 12:30 PM
Florida shut us down in the red zone.

Enough said.

Our play calling shut us down in the red zone.

CrimsonJim
4/28/2009, 02:09 PM

WTF did my SO comment have to do with prognisticatin' or redemption? Listen here, ya saber-toothed lizard, don't quote my post unless ya know what I'm talkin' about. :)

OU_Sooners75
4/28/2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think OU failed, I think UF succeded. OU didn't fumble the snap or trip over their own shoe laces, they lined up and got beat at the point of attack.

TOo bad the guy that blew up those plays for us couldn't live by the rules and has been booted from our team. Incredible talent, tremendous waste.

Oh yeah...I forgot...it wasnt a UF defender that caused our WR to mishandle the pass on one of those plays. That play the ball got tipped 4 or 5 time and landed in the hands of a UF defender.

That hardly has anything to do with UF succeeding.

goingoneight
4/28/2009, 11:27 PM
Our play calling shut us down in the red zone.

You mean to tell me Loadholt and Simmons didn't let a guy though the line on a designed off-LT run? That was Kevin Wilson?!? Who else missed their assignment... Josh Heupel?

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 07:42 AM
You mean to tell me Loadholt and Simmons didn't let a guy though the line on a designed off-LT run? That was Kevin Wilson?!? Who else missed their assignment... Josh Heupel?

I believe that was the second or third 'off LT run' in a row. And it got stuffed each time. So, yeah, I'd call that play calling.

badger
4/29/2009, 07:52 AM
Wellll anyways... I soooo want to forget what happened last January, so back to the draft topic at hand...

Minnesota will be an OK place for Percy... he needs somebody that can get him the ball and I'm not sure they have that right now (unless AD learns how to throw, lol). It is annoying as a Sooner fan to see all the pressure on All Day, but as a Packer fan, I fear the Vikings not, because of their lack of QB. The same can also be said for da Bears and the Lions, so look for GB to take the division, with a wildcard possibility for either da Bears or Vikings. I do not expect Percy to have an outstanding season because of the questionable QB position. Dante looked like a stud throwing to Randy Moss, but is Percy equal to or greater than Randy? As someone who despised the way Randy could beat Packer CBs for years, I would have to say no.

BornandBred
4/29/2009, 08:04 AM
Wellll anyways... I soooo want to forget what happened last January, so back to the draft topic at hand...

Minnesota will be an OK place for Percy... he needs somebody that can get him the ball and I'm not sure they have that right now (unless AD learns how to throw, lol). It is annoying as a Sooner fan to see all the pressure on All Day, but as a Packer fan, I fear the Vikings not, because of their lack of QB. The same can also be said for da Bears and the Lions, so look for GB to take the division, with a wildcard possibility for either da Bears or Vikings. I do not expect Percy to have an outstanding season because of the questionable QB position. Dante looked like a stud throwing to Randy Moss, but is Percy equal to or greater than Randy? As someone who despised the way Randy could beat Packer CBs for years, I would have to say no.

Hey, I'm trying to hijack the thread here....

Anyways, didn't the Bears just get Cutler? So, I'd put my money on da Bears over the Pack. As far as Harvin goes, I don't expect him to have a great career, especially at Minn because of the lack of QB, as you said. Also, I just don't see those guys like Harvin and Bush having great long careers. They can't out athlete as well in the NFL as they could in college. Durability will also be an issue.

badger
4/29/2009, 08:26 AM
Hey, I'm trying to hijack the thread here...
:P

Jay > Rex, but that is not saying much. Go Pack Go!

catsigater
4/30/2009, 02:20 PM
nm.

You guy's are alright. As a Gator and Vikings fan, I'm really happy.

Percy will do fine as a Pro.

TheGodfather889
5/1/2009, 07:42 PM
**** that dude, he will say his lungs hurt from smoking too much weed. Florida aint nothing but a pusher state.
Probably not since over the last several years multiple players have been arrested and or tested positive for marijuana all over college and the NFL and obviously a lot of these guys are very good players they just smoke pot for some entertainment. Players when caught especially in the months leading up to the draft always fabricate a story and excuses and say they'll never do it again. It's all a crock as it's done on every college and NFL team including the Oklahoma football team so it can't be hampering too many players except for the fact that the NCAA and the NFL are testing for it. If they left it alone no one would ever know or care how much marijuana both college and professional athletes consume since they still perform up to par with what they're expected even now when it's tested for and banned by the country and the leagues.

catsigater
1/6/2010, 11:51 AM
Did I really say this on 4/25/2009?

Look for quite a few spread looks from Minnesota now, and look for them to have their second consecutive rookie of the year.

Indeed I did. :D

(Ok, I got the "consecutive" part wrong, 'cos Peterson was 2007 ROY, and they didn't exactly go 'wild Norseman', either so no need to genuflect. But it looks like AP, PH and the Vikes may be getting ready for a good playoff run.)

Even better:

"I call him Little Phenom," said teammate Adrian Peterson, the 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year. "He's got the heart of a lion when he's out there playing."

"I think Percy's on his way to a league of his own," Brett Favre said. "He's quick like Wes Welker. He's got a long ways to go to be in the same category with Wes, but at the rate he's going he's a dominant force in a lot of ways."

Anyway, have a great off-season!

soonerhubs
1/6/2010, 11:54 AM
Percy Harvin is an amazing player. The Vikings team is stacked, and I'm glad to see them doing so well. (Sorry Badge.)

Pssssttt... It's AD, not AP.

goingoneight
1/6/2010, 11:56 AM
catisgater... it's 2010... 2009 season.

AD was the 2007 R.O.Y.

PH the 2009 R.O.Y.

That ain't "consecutive."

But nice prediction, though. :D

westbrooke
1/6/2010, 12:02 PM

I know it's an old post, but when this thread got bumped and I re-read it, this one floored me. Well played, sir.

catsigater
1/6/2010, 12:09 PM
catisgater... it's 2010... 2009 season.

AD was the 2007 R.O.Y.

PH the 2009 R.O.Y.

That ain't "consecutive."

But nice prediction, though. :D

Looks like I failed the intelligence test too. :O

OK2U
1/6/2010, 12:35 PM
:pop:

ADs_Agent
1/6/2010, 12:45 PM
Did I really say this on 4/25/2009?

Indeed I did. :D

(Ok, I got the "consecutive" part wrong, 'cos Peterson was 2007 ROY, and they didn't exactly go 'wild Norseman', either so no need to genuflect. But it looks like AP, PH and the Vikes may be getting ready for a good playoff run.)

Even better:

Anyway, have a great off-season!

good call

85sooners
1/6/2010, 03:56 PM
:pop:

swardboy
1/7/2010, 10:09 AM
So is the marijuana use going to be tied to his migraines now?

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/7/2010, 10:13 AM
So is the marijuana use going to be tied to his migraines now?

Gaw don't you know it cures his migraines! ;)

goingoneight
1/7/2010, 11:11 AM
There's no way anyone can be successful if they smoke that death plant. I mean, all it does it make you a terrorist and it will kill you if you smoke it. ;)

RedstickSooner
1/7/2010, 12:24 PM
Is it still on the illegal drug list?

Because the gummint never gets it wrong when they make laws? Or was this because the NFL is a branch of law enforcement? It always confuzzles me about which argument it is that supports the NFL testing for non-performance-enhancers.

catsigater
1/7/2010, 12:48 PM
Because the gummint never gets it wrong when they make laws? Or was this because the NFL is a branch of law enforcement? It always confuzzles me about which argument it is that supports the NFL testing for non-performance-enhancers.

Neither argument supports tests for npe's.

It's their game and their rules.