PDA

View Full Version : Sophomore Corp to start.. usc

JLEW1818
4/21/2009, 08:33 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Southern California coach Pete Carroll says sophomore Aaron Corp will be the Trojans' starting quarterback through the summer and into fall camp.

Carroll made the announcement Tuesday on his Web site.

Corp will start Saturday's scrimmage at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where fans are expected to get their first look at the Trojans this spring.

Carroll said Corp's starting status isn't final, with the quarterback competition continuing through fall camp. Corp replaces Mark Sanchez, who skipped his senior season to enter Saturday's NFL draft.

Freshman Matt Barkley will be Corp's backup on Saturday.

"Matt had a great spring and was right there pushing for the job, but he just hasn't had enough time to learn everything," Carroll said. "But on the field, he played like a starter."

Junior Mitch Mustain will be the No. 3 quarterback and "will continue to battle his way up," Carroll said.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4087568

I'm just trying to discuss anything College Football related... I'm about to freeze myself...

Down year for usc, in my opinion.

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 08:49 PM
I sure hope he sucks.

fadada1
4/21/2009, 09:31 PM
'bout time. i've been losing some serious sleep over this.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
4/21/2009, 09:53 PM
Dear Mitch Mustain,

heh!

goingoneight
4/21/2009, 10:18 PM
pssst... hey Mitch...

:les: PWN3D!!!!1111!!!11

yermom
4/21/2009, 10:19 PM
Dear Mitch Mustain,

heh!

indeed.

TexasEx4OU
4/21/2009, 10:31 PM
Dear Mitch Mustain and Mrs. Mustain,

heh!

Fixed. By the way, and on a totally unrelated note, I just noticed that my username now looks like this:

*Texas*Ex4OU

Can't decide if I think that's funny...or not.

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 10:38 PM
It gets funnier the more times you quote it:

**Texas**Ex4OU

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 10:40 PM
It gets funnier the more times you quote it:

Quote:
***Texas***Ex4OU

See?

OU-HSV
4/22/2009, 07:07 AM
Mitch's mommy will probably call Pete and bitch and then get Mitch transfered somewhere else where he can play second or third fiddle.

badger
4/22/2009, 07:31 AM
It surprises me that Pete went with a sophomore, but it's not like he had a choice. His grand scheme was to convince Sanchez to stay another year, then go ahead and continue his perfect model of only using junior/senior quarterbacks that are immediate Heisman candidates just by being the starting QB at usc.

Pete could have continued this by starting Mitch, but everyone here knows that Mitch is not right for the position and wasn't right for it back in the SEC, either.

It makes me giggle beyond reasonable doubt that Sanchez didn't drink the Carroll kool-aid and stay for his senior year.

OUDoc
4/22/2009, 07:59 AM
It gives the alumni more time to get the kid's parents a house.

BornandBred
4/22/2009, 08:16 AM
It surprises me that Pete went with a sophomore, but it's not like he had a choice. His grand scheme was to convince Sanchez to stay another year, then go ahead and continue his perfect model of only using junior/senior quarterbacks that are immediate Heisman candidates just by being the starting QB at usc.

Sophomores can win the Heisman now, don't you know? USC will lose a couple early and finish as "the best team EVAR!!". It's standard practice for them now.

badger
4/22/2009, 08:57 AM
Sophomores can win the Heisman now, don't you know?
No, I had no idea! Who won the Heisman again last year? Kolt McCoy, was it? Or was it Tim Tivo? All I know is that neither of them were sophomores last year, so if they didn't win it, was it really a sophomore that won it last year? Gawd, I need to catch up on my fooseball knowing abouting! [/sarcasm]

As for USC, I think this QB thing will really hurt them, hence Petey wanting Sanchez back so desperately. They might have tons of five/four star recruits piled high and deeper than anyone else, but when they lose to an opponent or two in their conference they shouldn't, more of the same and another Rose Bowl berth, just not for the championship.

BornandBred
4/22/2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a down year for them. They run a dirty program and hopefully with Snatchez leaving early, they'll get the karmic bitchslap they deserve.

badger
4/22/2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a down year for them. They run a dirty program and hopefully with Snatchez leaving early, they'll get the karmic bitchslap they deserve.

Not to mention they have an even bigger, more hateworthy (I am making up a lot of words this morning) d00shbag sleazeball across the street in the form of Slick Rick Neuterheisel. Coach Sweater Vest is more ruthless, more prone to cheating, more everything that makes college football bad than Pete (I think), and he is taking recruits that Pete would normally have begging to be allowed the honor and privilege of wearing the trojan uniform (which I find bland and nameless and rather blah).

USC is going to once again be huge rivals with UCLA in a few seasons... and it will be fun to see which program the NCAA ban hammers first :D

BornandBred
4/22/2009, 09:19 AM
USC is going to once again be huge rivals with UCLA in a few seasons...

The competition for recruits will be good for the PAC 10 for sure. I'm not sure if USC doesn't have more hookers, dealers, and agents looking to 'make friends' on the payroll, though. UCLA gunna have to buy some big houses to compete.

badger
4/22/2009, 09:30 AM
UCLA gunna have to buy some big houses to compete.

We're talking about a guy who... oh, let's quote Wikipedia...

Rick Neuheisel, who...

during his time at Colorado first began to be known as "Slick Rick" by his detractors, as it reflected their belief that he possessed a disingenuous personality.

He coached at CU from 95-98, but...

after Neuheisel left, Colorado lost five of 25 scholarships for one year, and was put on two years' probation for 53 rules violations, 51 when Neuheisel was the Colorado coach from 1995–98.

He came to Washington and coached there from 99-02, where...

Neuheisel and (UW prez) Barbara Hedges were accused (retroactively in a series of painstakingly researched articles by the Seattle Times published in 2008) of overlooking many examples of criminal conduct and hooliganism, while community institutions, including prosecutors, police, judges and the media, went along. During that year, UW safety Curtis Williams was allowed to play despite being issued an outstanding arrest warrant for assaulting his wife, Michelle. Linebacker Jeremiah Pharms was under investigation for robbing and shooting a drug dealer after police found his fingerprints at the scene, but was not charged until the season was over. Jerramy Stevens, the Huskies star tight end, was under investigation of raping a UW freshman on sorority row. When Stevens later crashed his truck into a retirement home, Neuheisel suspended him for half a game.

And UCLA hired this guy? Well, I have absolutely no problem with that if it means sinking Pete Carroll. It's time for the Passion Bucket (what the eff...) to trounce the Bush Pushers.

Oldnslo
4/22/2009, 09:35 AM
Dear Mitch,

You're not good enough.

Sincerely,

Football

On a side note, I composed a song about Pete Carroll. It's a little ditty entitled, "I Hope it Burns When He Pees". As K-Fed might say, it's a Brazillian ***-shaker!

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2009, 09:36 AM
Hoolaganism is a funny word.

Boomer.....
4/22/2009, 09:40 AM
Poor *whisper*Mitch Mustain*whisper*

badger
4/22/2009, 10:05 AM
Is it just me, or does Mitch Mustain...
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/45/456285.jpg
...look a lot like the racist player in Remember the Titans?
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Remember_the_Titans/burgess_jenkins_remember_the_titans_001.jpg

soonerfan28
4/22/2009, 11:19 AM
Mitch Mustank couldn't even start at Arkansas right now. Everybody knew it would be Corp or Barkley. This guy is a dumb**** for leaving Arkansas. Oh, by the way, he ain't Matt Cassell!

JLEW1818
4/22/2009, 12:20 PM
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Remember_the_Titans/burgess_jenkins_remember_the_titans_001.jpg

hahaha yep

OU-HSV
4/22/2009, 01:48 PM

I don't know about that....but he certainly looks like a player that shouldn't have his jersey sleeves rolled up

badger
4/22/2009, 01:50 PM
I don't know about that....but he certainly looks like a player that shouldn't have his jersey sleeves rolled up

didn't even notice that.

he has tiny little girlie arms like me :D

JLEW1818
4/22/2009, 03:27 PM
Oregon is gonna knock the **** out of him. My guess is Barkley will finish the season.

goingoneight
4/22/2009, 10:06 PM
Look at 4th-year Mitch Mustain who was a five-star recruit most OU fans were aggravated by us not signing... damn. We ended up with some local kid and only got a Heisman trophy out of it.

Damn, on a serious note... it's clear to me that the local kid conditioned WAY better than Mustain.

Bradford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mustain
Martha Bradford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mrs. Mustain
Stoops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nutt
OU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R-Kansas.

MrJimBeam
4/23/2009, 05:32 AM

He's got Spock ear.

Jacie
4/23/2009, 05:52 AM
Hoolaganism is a funny word.

So is "hooliganism" . . .

But back to the thread:

Once more the results of transferring were not what the young man had in mind. Mustain could have had a decent career at Arkie had he stayed. Perhaps being third string in California is better than starting in Little Rock. After last year's success story (former sa*et backup transfers to a school with a ho hum program and goes on to beat the eventual National Champion on their field!!!) old Mitch must have thought it was his turn to be a star. But unless Aaron and whoever is second string suffer season-ending injury he's gonna ride the pine another year.

badger
4/23/2009, 07:21 AM
Bradford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mustain
Martha Bradford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mrs. Mustain

I don't think Stoops recruits that type anymore, not after dealing with the Bomars. No more coddling mommies. No more daddies living through sons coaching every step of the way while on speed dial with the media. Let the coaches do their d@mn job that they're paid sh!tloads of money to do and that if they weren't doing well, you wouldn't let your dear little boy attend that school anyway.

OUDoc
4/23/2009, 07:57 AM
They run a dirty program and hopefully with Sanchez leaving early, they'll get the karmic bitchslap they deserve.

What are you trying to say. :)

yermom
4/23/2009, 08:36 AM
So is "hooliganism" . . .

But back to the thread:

Once more the results of transferring were not what the young man had in mind. Mustain could have had a decent career at Arkie had he stayed. Perhaps being third string in California is better than starting in Little Rock. After last year's success story (former sa*et backup transfers to a school with a ho hum program and goes on to beat the eventual National Champion on their field!!!) old Mitch must have thought it was his turn to be a star. But unless Aaron and whoever is second string suffer season-ending injury he's gonna ride the pine another year.

the best part about that comparison is that it's the coach he was getting away from in Fayetteville that did that with the Texas transfer

Jello Biafra
4/23/2009, 08:37 AM
What are you trying to say. :)

they prefer THE Errol Flynn ;)