PDA

View Full Version : **Lollapalooza Line-up Announced!!**

Lott's Bandana
4/21/2009, 10:03 AM
I give it an "A-".

http://2009.lollapalooza.com/

Lots of bands I'll be seeing at Sasquatch www.sasquatchfestival.com (http://www.sasquatchfestival.com) (line-up is a "B".), plus Lou Reed, Beastie's, D Mode and The Killers...

ACL line-up will be announced next Tuesday.

BillyBall
4/21/2009, 10:20 AM
This is the worst Lollapalooza line up in years, I bought the early 3 day pass and am going to sell it.

Lott's Bandana
4/21/2009, 10:43 AM
This is the worst Lollapalooza line up in years, I bought the early 3 day pass and am going to sell it.

Really? Who have you seen in previous festivals, BB?

I like The Killers, Lou Reed and Beasties...that influenced my grade.

SoonerTroll
4/21/2009, 10:45 AM
Looks alright... Bonnaroo might have it beat

Lott's Bandana
4/21/2009, 11:36 AM
Rumored ACL 2009 Performers
Pearl Jam*
Beastie Boys
Dave Matthews Band
Ghostland Observatory
Kings of Leon*
Mos Def*
The B-52s*
Sonic Youth*
John Legend*
Thievery Corporation*

* means confirmed through unofficial sources.

yermom
4/21/2009, 11:47 AM
ACL always sounds like fun, but i'm generally somewhere like Eugene or in this case, Miami when it happens

Lott's Bandana
4/21/2009, 11:51 AM
ACL always sounds like fun, but i'm generally somewhere like Eugene or in this case, Miami when it happens

It is...last year I noticed the smart people wore bandanas over their faces because of the dust. Only glitch to a great festival.

I go to Sasquatch and ACL every year. Bonnaroo and Coachella perhaps someday.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/22/2009, 12:29 PM
Wow, I went to lollapalooza in '96. Didn't realize they were still doing the festival.

SoonerTroll
4/22/2009, 12:32 PM
I went to bonnaroo in 04 and it was pretty sweet, a ton of people though. I expect this year will be rediculous since Phish is playing 2 nights and it is the cheapest way to see them since tickets for a single show are going for around 400

SoonerStud615
4/22/2009, 03:13 PM
It is...last year I noticed the smart people wore bandanas over their faces because of the dust. Only glitch to a great festival.

But grass is being put in! Hooray!

OUAlumni1990
4/22/2009, 03:19 PM
Tool sounds good in concert. Janes addiction would be interesting too. Not sure about all those other bands, guess I'm falling behind..

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 03:20 PM
Rumored ACL 2009 Performers
Pearl Jam*
Beastie Boys
Dave Matthews Band
Ghostland Observatory
Kings of Leon*
Mos Def*
The B-52s*
Sonic Youth*
John Legend*
Thievery Corporation*

* means confirmed through unofficial sources.

Take off Dave Matthews and The B-52 and that list does not look too bad.

C&CDean
4/22/2009, 03:32 PM

Dude, all those years in a tin can under the ocean must have kept you deprived.

Honestly, I love music - especially live music. I've been to literally hundreds of concerts/festivals/jams/etc. Started with Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, and Rory Gallagher in 1970ish.

As I age, I've come to a point in my life where the last ****ing thing on God's green earth I want to do is hang around with several thousand sweaty, stinking, drunken, wasted kids trying to enjoy some music. Stand in line, sweat like a pig, pay ridiculous prices for a beer, have to deal with kiddies copping their first buzz. I'm out. Way out.

Yes, I'm old.

OUAlumni1990
4/22/2009, 03:56 PM
^^^Wait till one of them bumps into you wanting to start a mosh. I nearly punched one of those little turds out at the STP show here recently. I said, thats it, no more kiddie shows..

Jello Biafra
4/22/2009, 04:03 PM

Honestly, I love music - especially live music. I've been to literally hundreds of concerts/festivals/jams/etc. Started with Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, and Rory Gallagher in 1970ish.

As I age, I've come to a point in my life where the last ****ing thing on God's green earth I want to do is hang around with several thousand sweaty, stinking, drunken, wasted kids trying to enjoy some music. Stand in line, sweat like a pig, pay ridiculous prices for a beer, have to deal with kiddies copping their first buzz. I'm out. Way out.

Yes, I'm old.

+2

i have limewire.

Im good ;)

Lott's Bandana
4/22/2009, 05:35 PM

Yes, I'm old.

^^I refuse.^^

I spent a lot of years in that tin can. Hell, my 40's just started if you don't count them years.

Besides...sweaty, stinking, drunken, wasted kids = submarine port visit. I'm used to it.