PDA

View Full Version : Honesty and Popular don't go hand in hand

XingTheRubicon
4/20/2009, 08:54 PM
if you admit that you can play the acord-ian, they'll never hire you in a rock-n-roll band...*

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/perez-hilton-the-way-miss-california-answered-her-question-lost-her-the-crown/21528?nc

LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton may have been crowned Miss USA 2009 on Sunday, but on Monday, it was Miss California Carrie Prejean's answer to a question about same-sex marriage from celebrity blogger and pageant judge Perez Hilton that was the night's biggest story.

During the show, Perez asked Carrie, "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

Carrie's answer to the hot button question cost her the crown - at least according to Perez.

"The way miss California answered her question lost her the crown, without a doubt!" Perez told Access Hollywood after the pageant. "Never before that I'm aware of has a contestant been booed at Miss USA."

Keith Lewis, Co-Executive Director of the Miss California USA and Miss California Teen USA said in statement to Access Hollywood that he respects Carrie's opinion, even if it differs with his.

"I am proud of Carrie Prejean's beauty and placement at the 2009 Miss USA pageant. I support Carrie's right to express her personal beliefs even if they do not coincide with my own," Keith told Access. "I believe the subject of gay marriage deserves a great deal more conversation in order to heal the divide it has created."

wonder what side of the fence the originator of the question leans...
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/833/fagt.png (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fagt.png)

*if you know the origin of the thread title, you need to cap yourself.

royalfan5
4/20/2009, 09:03 PM
Now if I was a female beauty paegant contestant, the last group of people I would want to **** off would be the homosexual community.

jkjsooner
4/20/2009, 09:06 PM
There's no question about which side of the fence Perez Hilton is on - not that there is anything wrong with that.

It's a little offensive to me that Hilton was asked to be a judge. This is a guy who draws sperm dripping from the mouth of just about anyone he disagrees with. His website definitely has its followers (including my wife) but it is not a well respected or legitimate Hollywood website. I think even the readers would agree that it is very trashy.

I would say that having Hilton as a judge is almost like having Larry Flynt as a judge...

royalfan5
4/20/2009, 09:07 PM
There's no question about which side of the fence Perez Hilton is on - not that there is anything wrong with that.

It's a little offensive to me that Hilton was asked to be a judge. This is a guy who draws sperm dripping from the mouth of just about anyone he disagrees with. His website definitely has its followers (including my wife) but it is not a well respected or legitimate Hollywood website. I think even the readers would agree that it is very trashy.

I would say that having Hilton as a judge is almost like having Larry Flynt as a judge...

You should get your wife to getting her gossip from dlisted, it's a far better gossip site than Perez Hilton.

jkjsooner
4/20/2009, 09:44 PM
You should get your wife to getting her gossip from dlisted, it's a far better gossip site than Perez Hilton.

Well, you know, can't really do anything about that. ;-)

Soonerus
4/20/2009, 09:58 PM
Hilton should have never been a judge or his questions should have been screened...totally inappropriate on his part...

Paperclip
4/20/2009, 10:51 PM
I heard her answer the question and you can definitely hear cheering when she answers. Of course that didn't make the article.

GottaHavePride
4/20/2009, 10:56 PM
I heard her answer the question and you can definitely hear cheering when she answers. Of course that didn't make the article.

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause.

Um, it DID mention that in the article. Pretty clearly. And how is this an inappropriate question?

During the show, Perez asked Carrie, "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

That's exactly the kind of crap they've asked contestants in these pageants for years.

Paperclip
4/20/2009, 11:07 PM
Um, it DID mention that in the article. Pretty clearly. And how is this an inappropriate question?

My bad. I read a different article earlier and just figured this was the same one.

yermom
4/21/2009, 03:28 AM

That's exactly the kind of crap they've asked contestants in these pageants for years.

i don't know, it's a pretty ****ty question. it's like asking if she believes in God

Scott D
4/21/2009, 04:41 AM
Hasn't his 5 minutes of pseudo-fame expired yet?

picasso
4/21/2009, 08:15 AM
Hasn't the Hilton's 5 minutes of no talent arse pseudo-fame expired yet?
fixed.

TUSooner
4/21/2009, 08:26 AM
You watch a "beauty pageant" and expect... what? Philosopher judges?

Hearty cheers to the lady for speaking her mind ! I'm tired of being expected to "validate" other peoples' ****.

soonermix
4/21/2009, 09:56 AM

neither...

it sits on the wein shaped middle

Pricetag
4/21/2009, 10:24 AM
When I was first reading her quote, I thought she had lost it for this part of her response:

Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage

I fully expected to see "the Iraq" somewhere in there.

Scott D
4/21/2009, 01:22 PM
or the proper response

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose a red hot poker in the arse, or a red hot poker in the ear."

Collier11
4/21/2009, 01:48 PM
if you admit that you can play the acord-ian, they'll never hire you in a rock-n-roll band...*

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/perez-hilton-the-way-miss-california-answered-her-question-lost-her-the-crown/21528?nc

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/833/fagt.png (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fagt.png)

*if you know the origin of the thread title, you need to cap yourself.

People like this preach honesty and undestanding until someone doesnt agree with them...guess what, a majority of American think that marriage should be between a man and a woman so for him to punish her for not agreeing with his particular views is wrong. That question is NO different than if he had asked her if she liked black people, agreed with the war, stem cell research, or any of that crap. Agree with it or not, she is entitled to her opinion and beliefs

Pricetag
4/21/2009, 02:00 PM
Agree with it or not, she is entitled to her opinion and beliefs
You bet. I think that it's important to note that it is the opinion of the dude who asked her the question that her answer was what caused her to not win.

Okla-homey
4/21/2009, 03:11 PM
So, to recap, honesty and candidness are not personal qualities rewarded by beauty pageants.

who knew?

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2009, 03:15 PM
Was she punished for honesty or was she punished because the judges didn't feel her views represented what the Miss America pageant wanted their winner to represent?

Were I to run a beauty pageant, I wouldn't particularly care one way or another what someone's views were. Wouldn't even ask 'em any questions. I'd just throw 'em up there in some lingerie and see how well they pole dance or something. But hey, their contest, their rules.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2009, 03:16 PM
So, to recap, honesty and candidness are not personal qualities rewarded by beauty pageants.

who knew?

Heh. A competition where everyone's wearing an imperial gallon of makeup and people have been known to superglue their boobies in place, and people think honesty is something they're looking for. :D

sooner_born_1960
4/21/2009, 03:23 PM
If whoever won the thing had any dignity, she'd give up her crown.

Collier11
4/21/2009, 03:32 PM
Political Correctness and catering to the secondary lifestyles and beliefs is slowly destroying this country...

I have no problem with people getting fair treatment and having their rights recognized but some of this BS gets out of control

Scott D
4/21/2009, 04:18 PM
You people forget that this is a second rate pageant. It's not like she woulda been Miss America or anything.

yermom
4/21/2009, 04:22 PM
i'm thinking anything with Perez Hilton involved is probably not exactly prestigious

KC//CRIMSON
4/21/2009, 04:34 PM
Beauty pageants are for two kinds of queens - Drag and Drama.

Pricetag
4/21/2009, 05:07 PM
Seriously, folks. The dude with the pink hair said that the reason she lost was because of this. You've spent most of this thread attacking the guy, probably legitimately, yet you still choose to get worked up because he said this? Quit being so damn sensitive.

OklaPony
4/21/2009, 06:18 PM
You bet. I think that it's important to note that it is the opinion of the dude who asked her the question that her answer was what caused her to not win.
I don't think it was just an opinion on his part. Since he was voting on the outcome it stands to reason that he gave her scores a great slashing, thus causing her to lose. Also, according to the Today Show this morning, after the pageant he reportedly called her a dumb, blonde b!tch in a public forum of some sort... video blog or something. Incidentally, he made an arse of himself on the Today Show.

It upsets me that this idiot is wasting oxygen that some rational person might otherwise be breathing.

Chuck Bao
4/21/2009, 06:35 PM
This is all pretty funny.

Miss California lost the beauty pageant crown on the gay marriage issue. Oh noes!

Anita Bryant is probably available to console her.

Okla-homey
4/21/2009, 07:32 PM
Heh. A competition where everyone's wearing an imperial gallon of makeup and people have been known to superglue their boobies in place, and people think honesty is something they're looking for. :D

My point exactly. In fact, I wonder when the last time a gal with boobs unenhanced by surgically implanted pint-size ziplock bags of silicon gel won the thing?

I still don't understand why they would have a homo judge. Kinda like asking a vegan to judge a BBQ contest if you ask me.

Curly Bill
4/21/2009, 09:05 PM
I still don't understand why they would have a homo judge. Kinda like asking a vegan to judge a BBQ contest if you ask me.

heh :D

GrapevineSooner
4/21/2009, 11:18 PM
Carrie Prejean will be thanking Perez here in about a month.

Why?

Because if not for his little infantile response to her answer, nobody would know who she is.

As it is, we all know who she is now. We don't remember the name of the girl who even won the competition.

That having been said, it's ironic that Hilton's own intolerance is what is fueling this 'controversy'.

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 11:35 PM
I don't understand why anyone gives a rat's azz wht she thinks or what Perez asked.

The good part of the entire story is the dumb reply. Not that she thinks that gays shouldn't marry, but the fact that she first said how it was GREAT to be in a country where there is a choice and THEN goes on to say how it shouldn't happen!

MPD much?

Pricetag
4/22/2009, 02:37 PM

Why?

Because if not for his little infantile response to her answer, nobody would know who she is.

As it is, we all know who she is now. We don't remember the name of the girl who even won the competition.

That having been said, it's ironic that Hilton's own intolerance is what is fueling this 'controversy'.
None of us will remember any of this in a month. We'll have found something else to drum up some outrage over.

Taxman71
4/22/2009, 02:47 PM
Miss California just secured a nice paying job on the conservative speech circuit with her answer. It took some guts to take an anti-homosexual position in a homosexual-soaked environment like that, especially knowing the opportunities available to her had she won.

That said, a politically correct answer would have been something to the effect that "marriage is between a man and a woman, but civil unions should be recognized giving same-sex couples the same benefits as married couples". Then again, props to her for not bowing to the pressure (or maybe she just didn't think of it).

C&CDean
4/22/2009, 03:14 PM
I'd hit it. And JohnnyMack would hit Perez. It's a win-win I'm thinking.

TUSooner
4/22/2009, 04:05 PM
Beauty pageants are for two kinds of queens - Drag and Drama.

That.

My Opinion Matters
4/22/2009, 04:09 PM
Political Correctness and catering to the secondary lifestyles and beliefs is slowly destroying this country...

I'd be really interested to see your definition of "secondary lifestyles".

Curly Bill
4/22/2009, 05:38 PM

Why?

Winner ^^^^^^^

She's gonna cash in bigger now then she ever would have had she won.

KC//CRIMSON
4/22/2009, 05:45 PM
She'll probably cash in on a few bong hits too, since she's dating that human dolphin from the Olympics.

soonervegas
4/22/2009, 06:03 PM
It hasn't been the same since Tara Conner ended her reign.

KC//CRIMSON
11/4/2009, 01:51 PM
Carrie Prejean and the Miss California Organization both dismissed their respective lawsuits after reaching a settlement yesterday, and apparently a sex tape featuring Miss Purity with Implants was the catalyst, according to TMZ:

The video the lawyer showed Carrie is extremely graphic and has never been released publicly. We know that, because TMZ obtained the video months ago but decided not to post it because it was so racy. Let's just say, Carrie has a promising solo career.

We're told it took about 15 seconds for Carrie to jettison her demand and essentially walk away with nothing. As we first reported, the Pageant is paying around $100,000 to her lawyers and publicist -- a fraction of her bills. She pockets nothing in the settlement.

I had no idea Jesus was so into fake tits, topless photos and amateur sex tapes. Guess I should start going to church more often. So are they open on Wednesdays, or do I need to make an appointment? More importantly, will the priest be there the whole time?

gotta love a happy ending.....

Pricetag
11/4/2009, 02:08 PM
We already knew about the settlement and all of this because we've been glued to this story for the last seven months, right?

KC//CRIMSON
11/5/2009, 01:43 PM
We have more info on Carrie Prejean's abrupt about-face during the settlement negotiations with Miss California USA lawyers -- when they showed her the X-Rated version of Home Alone ... starring Carrie herself.

When the video started playing, Carrie's first reaction was "that's disgusting" ... and Carrie denied it was her.

Then, the camera angle changed ... and panned up to her face. She was caught red-handed ... so to speak.

Carrie was rendered speechless and immediately began talking with her lawyer. We're told it took about 15 seconds for Carrie to drop her $1 million dollar demand.

Oldnslo
11/5/2009, 03:10 PM
soooo.... who was holding the cam?

KABOOKIE
11/5/2009, 08:24 PM
We need more people like her and less like the flaming fag.