PDA

View Full Version : honeymoon in vegas question

def_lazer_fc
4/20/2009, 12:58 AM
unlike many, i've only been once before for a buddy of mine's wedding. i was strapped for cash at the time so me and my roommate just booked a cheap *** room at circus circus. anyhoo, its honeymoon time and its not on my dime. (rhyming unintended there) we are looking for rooms at around 350 a night price range.

any suggestions as far as hotels or rooms? we want something nice; a suite is a must. preferably a big jacuzzi style bath. didn't know if we had any vegas nuts on this board. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

and for what its worth, ive been looking at the Bellagio Suite and the Vista Suite at mandalay bay.

Crucifax Autumn
4/20/2009, 02:00 AM
For nice, try to see if you can get something at Wynne Las Vegas.

It's newer and nice as hell.

If ya stay there though ya gotta have me over for drinks!

All of them are relatively cheap compared to normal prices right now with Vegas hurting BAD.

King Crimson
4/20/2009, 07:38 AM
with Vegas hurting BAD.

i bet that's true.

picasso
4/20/2009, 09:26 AM
If you wanna get some primo jewelry, try da Gold Rush outsidea town.

Tony Spilotro has very niiiiice stuff.

jaux
4/20/2009, 10:12 AM
If you wanna get some primo jewelry, try da Gold Rush outsidea town.

Tony Spilotro has very niiiiice stuff.

It's foogazy

Collier11
4/20/2009, 10:20 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, we went in July and stayed at the Monte Carlo. It is 3.5 stars but really in Vegas what do you need, somewhere to sleep while the sun is out?

It is really nice and right in the middle of the strip, we got 3 nights and round trip air fare for $420 I believe. It also has $5 blackjack tables which very few places on the strip have.

SoonerStormchaser
4/20/2009, 10:39 AM
Carolyn and I stayed at the Penthouse Suite at the Bellagio for our honeymoon...you should get some sweet (err...suite) assed rates around this time of the year.

StoopTroup
4/20/2009, 10:51 AM
Bellagio? Isn't that a retirement home? :D ;)

soonervegas
4/20/2009, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Collier11;2606290]It is 3.5 stars but really in Vegas what do you need, somewhere to sleep while the sun is out?[QUOTE]

I call that the pool.

Bellagio is fancy (I stayed there for my honeymoon 10 yrs ago), but give me MGM Grand anytime.

GottaHavePride
4/20/2009, 01:39 PM
The Wynn is the newest one out there - I'd do that if it's in your price range - it's also closer o the middle of the strip.

MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay are pretty sweet, but WAY on the south end. In addition to the Bellagio (fantastic customer service) I'd recommend Caesar's Palace - they just built a couple of HUGE new wings before the economy went south. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
4/20/2009, 04:44 PM
Encore is teh **** as well...as is Venetian/Palazzo...

JohnnyMack
4/20/2009, 04:50 PM
I just got back from the Venetian and I can tell you that Vegas is NOT dead. It was as crowded as ever. I know room rates at the Venetian were around $129 - $139 for non-weekend stays which is really cheap.

JohnnyMack
4/20/2009, 04:52 PM
the Vista Suite at mandalay bay.

I've been in one of those a few times. Too much sf for two people who will spend most of their time banging, gambling and sight-seeing. You'd be better off IMHO to get a nice room at THE Hotel next door.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/20/2009, 06:18 PM
You are right to go top-of-the-line. Most people don't have very many honeymoons in a lifetime.

RFH Shakes
4/21/2009, 10:10 AM
I'll second THE Hotel, rooms are nice, "beach" area for lounging in the sun. several restaurants/bars and clubs on the premises.

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 10:25 AM
I just got back from the Venetian and I can tell you that Vegas is NOT dead. It was as crowded as ever. I know room rates at the Venetian were around $129 - $139 for non-weekend stays which is really cheap.

The strip is as crowded as ever but the people aren't spending nearly as much money and there is a lot less spillover into the non-strip locations.

Convention attendance is way lower than normal and many of them aren't happening at all.

Unemployment is over 10% in Vegas and retail space all over the valley is sitting empty.

Vegas is as dead as it's been in many years if not ever.