PDA

View Full Version : News on Chaisson

Collier11
4/17/2009, 09:52 PM
This doesnt have anything to do with the main case but it could be a sign of things to come.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/16/restraining-order-case-against-gorman-football-sta/

Restraining order case against Gorman football star dismissed

Former Bishop Gorman football star Justin Chaisson did not appear in front of Judge Eric Goodman Thursday morning in Clark County District Court for a protective order hearing.

But the presence of Chaisson's lawyer, Michael Cristalli, was all the University of Oklahoma football recruit needed to avoid a misdemeanor charge of violating a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend.

When no representative for the plaintiff showed in the courtroom, Judge Goodman dismissed the case.

"It's dissolved, that's it," Cristalli said while exiting the courtroom.

Chaisson's 17-year-old ex-girlfriend successfully obtained a restraining order against the 6-foot-5, 285-pound defensive end on March 16, according to court spokesman Michael Sommemeyer.

Chaisson was arrested the next day and booked into the Clark County Detention Center for three felonies and two misdemeanors after allegedly forcing his ex-girlfriend into his car and threatening to kill her with a screwdriver, according to a Las Vegas police report. He was released that same day on $30,000 bail.

Chaisson, who was ranked the fifth best strongside defensive end in the nation by Rivals.com, will next appear in court on Apr. 29 at 1:30 p.m. for a preliminary hearing in front of Judge Melissa Saragosa in Las Vegas Justice Court Department 4.

He faces three felony charges including assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment and coercion. He also faces a gross misdemeanor charge of false imprisonment and multiple counts of misdemeanor battery.

Oklahoma has yet to comment on the status of Chaisson's scholarship with the football team.

yermom
4/17/2009, 09:57 PM
dude better be on the thinnest of ice if he ever does make it to campus

boomersooner28
4/18/2009, 11:14 AM
If any of the accusations are true, it's not gonna matter cause ole boy is psycho. Now, with that being said, I know 17 year old girls are good at making up stories. We have to let it play out in court.

I just don't understand how you go mixed up with a girl in high school knowing that you are getting ready to attend a big time University on a football scholarship and hawt girls by the flock will be slinging themselves at you. :confused:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/18/2009, 01:02 PM
none of these charges on going to stick with that lawyer

olevetonahill
4/18/2009, 02:51 PM
I dunno , Hes got a Chick Judge to go in front of .
Maybe the girl wont show fer that carp either .

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/19/2009, 01:30 PM
this is the same guy that got all of the UNLV players off the hook for being in the hot tub with the "fixer". otherwise they would have all been banned from the NBA for life.

soonerfan28
4/20/2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't you want a restraining order upheld in court if you're scared of this guy. It seems like BS to me.

nighttrain12
4/20/2009, 12:07 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't you want a restraining order upheld in court if you're scared of this guy. It seems like BS to me.

Or maybe she saw the restraining order did no good since he attacked her the next day after he was served. A lot of women could tell you the same thing from their own experiences. The charges he is facing now are a lot more serious than the restraining order.

Collier11
4/20/2009, 12:12 PM
Her not showing up for the restraining order case may point to something fishy happening or it may be as you said that she is more worried about the bigger charges. At this point we dont really know

Scott D
4/20/2009, 01:34 PM
She really has no say in regards to the criminal counts against him. The only role she plays would be as a witness for the prosecution.

Collier11
4/20/2009, 01:36 PM
my point was that she may not show up for that case as well or choose not to testify and considering it was only her and her bff that "witnessed" this, that would be game over.

Pure speculation though...

Scott D
4/20/2009, 07:22 PM
she can be forced to show up and be treated as a hostile witness, there are a lot of things that can come into play with a criminal case.

OU_Sooners75
4/20/2009, 11:01 PM
she can be forced to show up and be treated as a hostile witness, there are a lot of things that can come into play with a criminal case.

True, but she does not have to answer anything that she does not want to answer.

The court can hold her in contempt, but at the same time, if she does not provide witness to the prosecutors, then the case is dead...meaning the charges will be dropped.

olevetonahill
4/21/2009, 12:20 AM

But a DA aint gonna waste the trial time On a Case he cant win .

KingDavid
4/21/2009, 11:07 PM
dude better be on the thinnest of ice if he ever does make it to campus

this.

soonerfan28
4/22/2009, 11:35 AM
The fact that the restraining order is done with will only hurt the prosecutions case. His lawyer will use that as a "if she was so scared then why didn't she make sure and keep the restraining order".

Even if as nighttrain said, "she may have seen that it did no good" it at least had legal ramifications if he broke it. Now there is nothing keeping him away from her if he really wants to get her.

Collier11
4/22/2009, 12:12 PM
apparently both families are really close and they may have worked out something privately

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 01:53 PM
apparently both families are really close and they may have worked out something privately

Linky?

And the DA can still prosecute the case. It is not a civil suit. It is a felonly criminal case.

MojoRisen
4/27/2009, 12:14 PM
I bet she does not want him to be charged with all these felonies... That is the cops and the DA taking things to the extreme. Just a hunch

Sooner04
4/27/2009, 01:10 PM
this is the same guy that got all of the UNLV players off the hook for being in the hot tub with the "fixer". otherwise they would have all been banned from the NBA for life.
Ah, but jkm, the three guys in the hot tub with "Richie the Fixer" never played in the NBA.

I just looked it up on Basketball Reference, and it doesn't show Anderson Hunt, Moses Scurry or David Butler ever playing a minute in the NBA.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/27/2009, 01:59 PM
Ah, but jkm, the three guys in the hot tub with "Richie the Fixer" never played in the NBA.

I just looked it up on Basketball Reference, and it doesn't show Anderson Hunt, Moses Scurry or David Butler ever playing a minute in the NBA.

i remember anderson hunt not getting drafted. however, i also watched him during those game leading up to the draft and he had like a 8 TO/Assist ratio trying to play PG. however, someone drafted greg sutton that year so wow.

Scott D
4/27/2009, 03:51 PM
I bet she does not want him to be charged with all these felonies... That is the cops and the DA taking things to the extreme. Just a hunch

not to an extreme. I had a friend get arrested for domestic violence (the case against her was later dropped), the ex-boyfriend declined to press charges however they were both told by the cops that it wasn't up to them, and that the ball was in the DA's court so to speak.

BarryBnds
5/1/2009, 01:47 PM
I for one hope this moron never steps on campus again.

OU_Sooners75
5/2/2009, 05:10 AM
I for one hope this moron never steps on campus again.

I hope he sees no jail time and is allowed to come to Norman.

Crucifax Autumn
5/2/2009, 10:58 PM
I hope the leadership of Stoops, the other coaches, and the older players can turn him into the kind of man he was growing up to be before this happened.

Jello Biafra
5/4/2009, 01:04 PM
I hope the leadership of Stoops, the other coaches, and the older players can turn him into the kind of man he was growing up to be before this happened.

i hope the girl(s) spend some time in the pokey for lying...

soonerboy_odanorth
5/5/2009, 11:12 AM
Thinkin' if he's reached a plea agreement and still has more sentencing to go there isn't much lying on the part of the girls. Embelishment? Possibly...but in whose perception? If you weigh all of 110 lbs and you just broke up with your boyfriend who has decided to go psycho possessive on the bit and who also happens to be 6'5" and 280, even if he says "I'm-a gonna choke a beyatch" ala Wayne Brady with a grin on his face, it might be just a little threatening, doncha think?

And it seems like lots of folks like to haul out the "well he's young and everybody makes mistakes at that age" excuse. She's even younger still. We gonna cut her some slack for her mistakes? Or is that reserved for jock thugs?

Collier11
5/5/2009, 11:34 AM
i hope the girl(s) spend some time in the pokey for lying...

and how exactly do you know they are lying? Some of you are unreal!

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 12:59 PM
and how exactly do you know they are lying? Some of you are unreal!

some of us are unreal?and you ARE real because you KNOW exactly what was going on that day? you were in the car. you are in justin's lawyers office?

don't know for sure...i tell ya what though, ive met my share of pshyco bishes and this screams "psycho" to me.... you guys have no idea what happened and you are willing to throw ole boy under the bus because you just assume the "ladies" are telling the truth. no contest does not mean he is guilty. it could be as simple as he just wants to be done with "it" and "her"....

i could have sworn somewhere that the restraining order was in place less than 24 hours when she approached him when he was getting into his car.

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 02:18 PM
you guys have no idea what happened and you are willing to throw ole boy under the bus because you just assume the "ladies" are telling the truth. no contest does not mean he is guilty. it could be as simple as he just wants to be done with "it" and "her"....

Thats what is so f*cked up.

Collier11
5/5/2009, 02:33 PM
some of us are unreal?and you ARE real because you KNOW exactly what was going on that day? you were in the car. you are in justin's lawyers office?

don't know for sure...i tell ya what though, ive met my share of pshyco bishes and this screams "psycho" to me.... you guys have no idea what happened and you are willing to throw ole boy under the bus because you just assume the "ladies" are telling the truth. no contest does not mean he is guilty. it could be as simple as he just wants to be done with "it" and "her"....

i could have sworn somewhere that the restraining order was in place less than 24 hours when she approached him when he was getting into his car.

1) It was heading to trial so there is a pretty decent chance this is true or mostly true
2) I never said throw him under the bus, if you read my old posts you would see that I clearly stated I dont like it but lets wait for the facts to come out and I will trust Stoops at that point
3) You all straight up calling her a liar and assuming she is psycho is not exactly fair when you dont have any of the facts either
4) Ou football isnt life, if any of this is true this guy needs to get help, not in Norman. The guy allegedly held a screwdriver to the throat of a 17yr old girl half his size, IF that is true he has issues and you need to get your priorities straight

Remember before you go and get pizzed at me, I have always assumed that I dont know the facts and stated my case that way. You are the one throwing out allegations that you have no basis to be saying

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 02:58 PM
1) It was heading to trial so there is a pretty decent chance this is true or mostly true
2) I never said throw him under the bus, if you read my old posts you would see that I clearly stated I dont like it but lets wait for the facts to come out and I will trust Stoops at that point
3) You all straight up calling her a liar and assuming she is psycho is not exactly fair when you dont have any of the facts either
4) Ou football isnt life, if any of this is true this guy needs to get help, not in Norman. The guy allegedly held a screwdriver to the throat of a 17yr old girl half his size, IF that is true he has issues and you need to get your priorities straight

Remember before you go and get pizzed at me, I have always assumed that I dont know the facts and stated my case that way. You are the one throwing out allegations that you have no basis to be saying

half his size or not, you telling me you've never met or known a chick that would wail on you just so you would start a defense and then get whipped just for trying to defend yourself???

she takes out a restraining order on the dude then is in his grill less than 24 hours later? im going to assume shes not only NOT scared of him, she is looking to get him into some shiite by pushing the envelope.

there are certain things in life that are more important than ANY sport but this isn't about whos going to be producing for the university. this is about being fair. there are a whole bunch of gashes out there that will get their way no matter who they have to kill or throw under the jail to get it. if you haven't seen it personally, thank your stars/

sitzpinkler
5/5/2009, 03:10 PM
half his size or not, you telling me you've never met or known a chick that would wail on you just so you would start a defense and then get whipped just for trying to defend yourself???

she takes out a restraining order on the dude then is in his grill less than 24 hours later? im going to assume shes not only NOT scared of him, she is looking to get him into some shiite by pushing the envelope.

there are certain things in life that are more important than ANY sport but this isn't about whos going to be producing for the university. this is about being fair. there are a whole bunch of gashes out there that will get their way no matter who they have to kill or throw under the jail to get it. if you haven't seen it personally, thank your stars/

It's almost as if you were writing a biography of our old friend Ms. Blewitt (to those not in the know, yes that's her real last name and quite fitting to boot :D ).

Collier11
5/5/2009, 03:10 PM
How do you know she initiated it? Even if she did, that condones him putting a lethal weapon to her throat? There have been some girls that I wanted to knock their teeth out but guess what, you dont do that sh*t! He is that big and strong, she is a little cheerleader type chick, you telling me even if she was hitting him, he couldnt have just left. NO, cus he left, went back, forced her into his vehicle, and then threatened her according to allegations.

Now if the facts come out and she did all of this then so be it, let him come to town, but if any of this is true then see ya later buddy. Either way I hope he works his stuff out and becomes a success, but if this is true I dont want him becoming a better person on campus.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 03:16 PM
How do you know she initiated it? Even if she did, that condones him putting a lethal weapon to her throat? There have been some girls that I wanted to knock their teeth out but guess what, you dont do that sh*t! He is that big and strong, she is a little cheerleader type chick, you telling me even if she was hitting him, he couldnt have just left. NO, cus he left, went back, forced her into his vehicle, and then threatened her according to allegations.

Now if the facts come out and she did all of this then so be it, let him come to town, but if any of this is true then see ya later buddy. Either way I hope he works his stuff out and becomes a success, but if this is true I dont want him becoming a better person on campus.

because the article said she confronted him in the parking lot at school. i mean really, if you choose not to believe a newspaper article, i choose not to believe the same article that says he put a screwdriver to her throat.

according to allegations, that is.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 03:17 PM
It's almost as if you were writing a biography of our old friend Ms. Blewitt (to those not in the know, yes that's her real last name and quite fitting to boot :D ).

jesus dude....she is EXACTLY who i was thinking of as well...

Collier11
5/5/2009, 03:43 PM
it said she confronted him, did it go any further than that? That doesnt mean a whole lot

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 04:07 PM
it said she confronted him, did it go any further than that? That doesnt mean a whole lot

no no...thats not what i meant....

"confronting" can mean a bunch of stuff but more importantly, at least to me, is the fact that she was within the magic circle that states you cannot be within X amount of feet of the victim and it seems like she was the one violating that court ordered restraining order. mayhaps thats why THAT little charge went away... know what i mean? she didnt seem to be playing the innocent with that little issue.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 04:09 PM
lol we're playing a nice little game here....our drill seargants used to call this getting legal advice from a sh*t house lawyer... it still smells. you're still in trouble and now you've pissed a bunch of military lawyers off...

Collier11
5/5/2009, 04:10 PM
yea, im not sure how that works. Can she violate her own restraining order, lol? HS girls can be crazy, thats for sure but who really knows

Collier11
5/5/2009, 04:12 PM
lol we're playing a nice little game here....our drill seargants used to call this getting legal advice from a sh*t house lawyer... it still smells. you're still in trouble and now you've pissed a bunch of military lawyers off...

Heh, im def not trying to say you are wrong in defending him, I would just say to err on the side of caution when dealing with a case like this. Its like if a girl says she is raped, well we see it all the time that girls make that sh*t up, look at the Duke Lacrosse case, nothing pisses me off more than that Sh*t. But you also dont want to come down on a girl or make her feel bad if she was raped cus that causes less and less girls to come forward. Same deal here, just on a lesser extent

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 04:20 PM
Heh, im def not trying to say you are wrong in defending him, I would just say to err on the side of caution when dealing with a case like this. Its like if a girl says she is raped, well we see it all the time that girls make that sh*t up, look at the Duke Lacrosse case, nothing pisses me off more than that Sh*t. But you also dont want to come down on a girl or make her feel bad if she was raped cus that causes less and less girls to come forward. Same deal here, just on a lesser extent

i can only defend him from my point of view. if i were a DA or an AD for ou or Gorman, i may have a much different stance. I can't help but think back to my days as an 18 year old football player...everything is innocent. there are no sinister activities... at least to begin with. now as i type this, ray lewis comes to mind.

also, if i had a 17 year old daughter, i may be looking at the glass from the other side of the table too.

Collier11
5/5/2009, 04:33 PM
i can only defend him from my point of view. if i were a DA or an AD for ou or Gorman, i may have a much different stance. I can't help but think back to my days as an 18 year old football player...everything is innocent. there are no sinister activities... at least to begin with. now as i type this, ray lewis comes to mind.

also, if i had a 17 year old daughter, i may be looking at the glass from the other side of the table too.

Dont you have a 17 yr old gf? Same thing virtually :D :D :D

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 04:44 PM
yea, im not sure how that works. Can she violate her own restraining order, lol? HS girls can be crazy, thats for sure but who really knows

I aint a lawyer but If she broke the restraining order then that order is No longer valid
JMHO

Collier11
5/5/2009, 08:09 PM
I aint a lawyer but If she broke the restraining order then that order is No longer valid
JMHO

If you was a lawyer pot would be legal and you could sale moonshine in town sqaure :D

MojoRisen
5/6/2009, 03:30 PM
This is an example of the Media & Police ~ It think both need to use more caution before labeling someone or putting a bunch of trumped up charges out in public before a trial.

Peoples career's are ruined regulary based on this stuff hitting the media and public before any chance to tell the truth or the the other side of the story.

This is the world we live in, and we need to be aware of it - but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it - and we should be able to make up our own minds with out Media bias~ Wait commerical break- revenue $ and a good story is all the media cares about. period

Collier11
5/6/2009, 04:01 PM
wasnt he to be sentenced today?

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2009, 04:37 AM
wasnt he to be sentenced today?
3 years probation. 120 hours community service, all on top of the counseling he has to receive.

BarryBnds
5/14/2009, 12:40 PM

According to the sheep fans at OU this means that it was all her fault. According to those OU fans who can actually think outside the box the issue at hand is a 6'5" 250 lb football player holding a screwdriver to any 17 year old girls neck.

soonerfan28
5/14/2009, 01:26 PM
I actually think that he's closer to 275, but for the most part nobody thinks that its "all her fault". I just think some of it was blown out of proportion.

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 07:45 PM
According to the sheep fans at OU this means that it was all her fault. According to those OU fans who can actually think outside the box the issue at hand is a 6'5" 250 lb football player holding a screwdriver to any 17 year old girls neck.

Or according to independent thinkers, they can see this type of issue being blown out of porportion.

Especially since no real facts have been given to the public!

Jello Biafra
5/15/2009, 09:19 AM

Dear BarryBnds,

eat dich!

love,

jello biafra!

BarryBnds
5/15/2009, 11:49 AM
Especially since no real facts have been given to the public!

How do you know this? If its true that he stuck a screwdriver next to a young girls neck and threatened to kill her that's all the facts I need.

soonerfan28
5/18/2009, 09:49 AM
How do you know this? If its true that he stuck a screwdriver next to a young girls neck and threatened to kill her that's all the facts I need.

Exactly.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2009, 11:25 AM

And if he was a true threat to society the courts would not have made a plea deal with him.

Collier11
5/19/2009, 09:05 AM
This pretty much sums it up to me, it just isnt worth the chance

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_139005557.html?keyword=secondarystory

Sooners can live without Chaisson
Commentary

By Clay Horning
The Norman Transcript
Justin Chaisson can’t come to Oklahoma.

He probably will. He is, after all, the No. 41 recruit in the nation, the No. 1 player in Nevada and the nation’s 19th best prospect on the defensive line according to your recruiting bible of choice. It says so on soonersports.com, the university’s athletic Web site. Look around and you’ll find it.

But if you’re interested, do it quickly. Bob Stoops, Joe Castiglione and David Boren have been known to do the right thing. Perhaps they will again.

Chaisson, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end out of Las Vegas’ Bishop Gorman, is just one of many standouts the Sooners inked last national signing day. But he is the only one who’s since been charged with felonious behavior.

The charges originated from an incident that took place March 17, recently recapped in a story appearing in the Las Vegas Sun May 6.

According to a police report, on March 17, Chaisson forced his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend into the back seat of his sport utility vehicle in a coffee shop parking lot.

The victim told police Chaisson punched her in the ribs and drove her into the desert where he pulled her from the car. She said he then put a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her until two of her friends pulled up on the scene and he forced her into his car again.
According to the police report, the incident ended when one of the two friends called 911 and Chaisson told his ex-girlfriend to exit his vehicle at a storage facility.

Of course, Chaisson is innocent until proven guilty, unless he pleads guilty, or no contest, which he has since done to a series of misdemeanors, two of them being for false imprisonment. For his plea, Chaisson has been sentenced to no more than three years probation, community service, dometic-violence counseling and restitution to be determined at a future date.

On the surface, those are the facts.

Here’s another fact. According to Chaisson’s lawyer, Michael Cristalli, the plea agreement was arranged with OU’s … well, here’s how Cristalli was quoted in the same Las Vegas Sun story.

“He’s still going to Oklahoma,” Cristalli said. “We were working in conjunction with Oklahoma with these negotiations to make sure they would be comfortable with him going to the university and participating in the program.”

Perhaps Cristalli might like another shot at his explanation, because this one is sickening. He worked with OU to “make sure they would be comfortable with him …”

Well, the Sooner brass can think a lot of things. The powers who be may think everybody’s entitled to a second chance or rules are rules and it takes a felony conviction to lose your ride or even, Gee whiz, the kid can really get to the quarterback, but nobody can possibly be comfortable with Chaisson’s pending attendance at OU nor his impending residence in this town.

Perhaps at this moment OU is running its own investigation. Perhaps somebody is quietly getting all the facts from Las Vegas detectives, or even Chaisson’s classmates. Perhaps the Sooners are learning the meaning of due diligence all over again and a sensible resolution will soon be at hand, even if Mr. Cristalli believes he made two deals recently at the Clark County Courthouse, one with prosecutors and the other with the crimson and cream.

And just maybe, the football program and every other program, athletic, academic and extra-curricular at our state’s finest university will adopt a new rule, even quietly, unsaid, unwritten as it were.

Threaten to kill your girlfriend, current or ex, and you lose the privilege of OU paying your way. Kidnap somebody before you ever arrive and you don’t get to arrive. Prey upon the weak and you can go somewhere else.
Not here.

Clay Horning

366-3526

[email protected]

MojoRisen
5/19/2009, 09:20 AM
He will be futher charged with felonious behavior after what he does to Colt's little brother over 3+ years. That is all

OU_Sooners75
5/20/2009, 09:02 AM
This pretty much sums it up to me, it just isnt worth the chance

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_139005557.html?keyword=secondarystory

Sooners can live without Chaisson
Commentary

By Clay Horning
The Norman Transcript
Justin Chaisson can’t come to Oklahoma.

He probably will. He is, after all, the No. 41 recruit in the nation, the No. 1 player in Nevada and the nation’s 19th best prospect on the defensive line according to your recruiting bible of choice. It says so on soonersports.com, the university’s athletic Web site. Look around and you’ll find it.

But if you’re interested, do it quickly. Bob Stoops, Joe Castiglione and David Boren have been known to do the right thing. Perhaps they will again.

Chaisson, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end out of Las Vegas’ Bishop Gorman, is just one of many standouts the Sooners inked last national signing day. But he is the only one who’s since been charged with felonious behavior.

The charges originated from an incident that took place March 17, recently recapped in a story appearing in the Las Vegas Sun May 6.

According to a police report, on March 17, Chaisson forced his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend into the back seat of his sport utility vehicle in a coffee shop parking lot.

The victim told police Chaisson punched her in the ribs and drove her into the desert where he pulled her from the car. She said he then put a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her until two of her friends pulled up on the scene and he forced her into his car again.
According to the police report, the incident ended when one of the two friends called 911 and Chaisson told his ex-girlfriend to exit his vehicle at a storage facility.

Of course, Chaisson is innocent until proven guilty, unless he pleads guilty, or no contest, which he has since done to a series of misdemeanors, two of them being for false imprisonment. For his plea, Chaisson has been sentenced to no more than three years probation, community service, dometic-violence counseling and restitution to be determined at a future date.

On the surface, those are the facts.

Here’s another fact. According to Chaisson’s lawyer, Michael Cristalli, the plea agreement was arranged with OU’s … well, here’s how Cristalli was quoted in the same Las Vegas Sun story.

“He’s still going to Oklahoma,” Cristalli said. “We were working in conjunction with Oklahoma with these negotiations to make sure they would be comfortable with him going to the university and participating in the program.”

Perhaps Cristalli might like another shot at his explanation, because this one is sickening. He worked with OU to “make sure they would be comfortable with him …”

Well, the Sooner brass can think a lot of things. The powers who be may think everybody’s entitled to a second chance or rules are rules and it takes a felony conviction to lose your ride or even, Gee whiz, the kid can really get to the quarterback, but nobody can possibly be comfortable with Chaisson’s pending attendance at OU nor his impending residence in this town.

Perhaps at this moment OU is running its own investigation. Perhaps somebody is quietly getting all the facts from Las Vegas detectives, or even Chaisson’s classmates. Perhaps the Sooners are learning the meaning of due diligence all over again and a sensible resolution will soon be at hand, even if Mr. Cristalli believes he made two deals recently at the Clark County Courthouse, one with prosecutors and the other with the crimson and cream.

And just maybe, the football program and every other program, athletic, academic and extra-curricular at our state’s finest university will adopt a new rule, even quietly, unsaid, unwritten as it were.

Threaten to kill your girlfriend, current or ex, and you lose the privilege of OU paying your way. Kidnap somebody before you ever arrive and you don’t get to arrive. Prey upon the weak and you can go somewhere else.
Not here.

Clay Horning

366-3526

[email protected]

Because god knows....NO ONE LIES ON A POLICE REPORT!

yermom
5/20/2009, 11:10 AM
it's a conspiracy!

Collier11
5/20/2009, 11:12 AM
there was a 2nd screw driverer!

yermom
5/20/2009, 11:18 AM
of course, on the grassy knoll.

where is Zapruder when you need him?

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2009, 07:59 AM
it's a conspiracy!

Well...at least those that have thrown the kid under the bus without knowing the true story keep it reasonable.

So yermom...I assume you think people do not lie to police?
I am not saying she did. Hell I do not know.

But at the same time, I am not sitting in my chair acting like I know the true facts of the matter....when I do not.

And god knows since the media reported it, it has to be completely true.

Collier11
5/21/2009, 09:00 AM
75, I think the only thing that some of us are STILL :) disagreeing about is the fact that he obviously did it. It may have been less than what we read, it may have been exactly what we read, but he def did it or else this whole thing wouldnt have happened. His fam has money, do you think they would let his name be tossed around in the light that it has if he didnt do all or most of that stuff. Im not saying they necessarily would have fought the charges, maybe he just wanted to get it over, but they would have atleast done more to clear his name if he didnt do the more serious things that are being said about him.
Hell Jerry Bomar wouldnt STFU just cus his son wasnt getting practice reps. He plead out, he will serve time with his probation, court mandated domestic abuse classes, and all that jazz.

You guys act like we are throwing him under the bus, I for one have never done that and I certainly have never claimed to know all the facts. I do know that he did SOMETHING and it wasnt very good. Therefore I dont want him because all of this stuff was done within weeks of coming to campus to become a star. He was of a clear mind and made a dangerous and stupid decision.

yermom
5/21/2009, 09:07 AM
Well...at least those that have thrown the kid under the bus without knowing the true story keep it reasonable.

So yermom...I assume you think people do not lie to police?
I am not saying she did. Hell I do not know.

But at the same time, I am not sitting in my chair acting like I know the true facts of the matter....when I do not.

And god knows since the media reported it, it has to be completely true.

i don't know what happened, but where there is smoke, there is fire. he plead nolo contende to a lesser charge and is on probation. i'm just thinking if i had a daughter, i wouldn't like to see him picking her up at my house.

if he makes it to campus, i'm thinking he'd better not so much as fart near a police officer if he wants to stay on the team

Collier11
5/21/2009, 09:13 AM
i don't know what happened, but where there is smoke, there is fire. he plead nolo contende to a lesser charge and is on probation. i'm just thinking if i had a daughter, i wouldn't like to see him picking her up at my house.

if he makes it to campus, i'm thinking he'd better not so much as fart near a police officer if he wants to stay on the team

Im thinking that would be funny

BarryBnds
5/27/2009, 11:08 AM
Dear BarryBnds,

eat dich!

love,

jello biafra!

http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1166500/1166713_ca46_625x1000.jpg

MojoRisen
5/27/2009, 12:10 PM
You guys act like we are throwing him under the bus, I for one have never done that and I certainly have never claimed to know all the facts. I do know that he did SOMETHING and it wasnt very good. Therefore I dont want him because all of this stuff was done within weeks of coming to campus to become a star. He was of a clear mind and made a dangerous and stupid decision.[/QUOTE]

Collier, did you ever play a down? I am just curious - look clearly he messed up- it is by no means the end all be all screw up... Seriously if people continue to harp on this stuff and hammer the kid - he may as well of whacked her- what are you really teaching people. I am sure you have no idea what it is like to be a star and have everyone in your business all the time. I am actually sick of the internet and the media - and protensious people acting like they can be a judge or something - without any facts. I have met a few woman - who have given people plenty of reason to think about knocking them around. No need to give me that two goody good BS.... Just sayin

BoomerJ
5/27/2009, 12:44 PM
So, any new news on Chaisson making it to campus. Players will be on campus just around the corner.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 12:51 PM
You guys act like we are throwing him under the bus, I for one have never done that and I certainly have never claimed to know all the facts. I do know that he did SOMETHING and it wasnt very good. Therefore I dont want him because all of this stuff was done within weeks of coming to campus to become a star. He was of a clear mind and made a dangerous and stupid decision.

Collier, did you ever play a down? I am just curious - look clearly he messed up- it is by no means the end all be all screw up... Seriously if people continue to harp on this stuff and hammer the kid - he may as well of whacked her- what are you really teaching people. I am sure you have no idea what it is like to be a star and have everyone in your business all the time. I am actually sick of the internet and the media - and protensious people acting like they can be a judge or something - without any facts. I have met a few woman - who have given people plenty of reason to think about knocking them around. No need to give me that two goody good BS.... Just sayin[/QUOTE]

What does me playing sports have to do with what he did, YES I played sports all my life and still play to this day although it is pure recreation now.

I actually was a very good HS baseball player and while I wasnt in the media that much due to going to a smaller school, I know that I was a really good baseball player and I knew that because of that I had to stay out of trouble or it would make more of a story.

You keep acting like he did nothing when it is evident to anyone with a brain that he did something very serious. If you would read instead of react, I have said several times I think he deserves a 2nd chance, just not at OU. Playing at OU is a priveledge and when you make those kind of decisions prior to even getting to OU, I dont want you.

If he comes to OU I will support him, I will cheer for him because I trust Coach, but until Coach makes his decision all I can do is offer my opinion.

MojoRisen
5/28/2009, 11:22 AM
Look if your highschool girlfriend of 3 years was screwing your hated rival just to **** you off- I could see a kid "kid" blowing a gasket. I know he did something wrong, but to the extent that it was covered on National News and followed so closely - is an example of the Media having a huge influence to make a story. They drive politics, and now the Judicial system.

The truth is the guy never did a day in jail, and pleaded guilty to misdemeanor's as a first time offender. Much different than a kidnapping, Killer with a screw driver - that is more of what I am getting at. He is painted in a much harsher light because of the media and police activity being released before anyone can defend themselves - it is almost impossible to get fair trails these days.

Sorry to single you out, I just feel you are more influenced than you think from the media, and you do not even know the kid... I would like to know more about what happened. I am sure the coaches are checking his character through friends and the school.

We should face it though, we don't know notta of what happened... Just misdemeanors - 10-15 years ago, that would have kept 75% of kids from playing college ball. Media & police trumping charger's can kiss my arse....

Collier11
5/28/2009, 11:25 AM
I am fully aware of the media and their ability to spin stuff for ratings, I dont necessarily believe everything the media is telling us but I do know it is illegal to lie to a police officer and the story was repeated to the police several times. Not that it was completely accurate, but I do think there is more fire than some acknowledge

BarryBnds
6/12/2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3377185

So the thug ends up on the team. It's a sad day IMHO.

soonerfan28
6/12/2009, 12:49 PM
Congrats to Chaisson!

Sooner04
6/12/2009, 12:59 PM
I still can't believe we're giving this clown a scholarship.

Scott D
6/13/2009, 05:12 PM
I still can't believe we're giving this clown a scholarship.

it's how they do things in Gainesville ;)

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 07:27 PM
The king may say we are happier than pig's eatin shiate. Come on now, lying to police makes accusations true because that is a crime.

I have seen woman who were friends - who can cry at a drop of a hat - just for fun. If she did something to provoke it, I am sure she doesn't want that all over the media either.

Give him his second chance... It's up to him - debt paid to the girls family and soon to society.

I will add, you don't think a pistol weilding Cop with a little pecker wouldn't eat that up and be slightly angry about his shortfalls and try and be a hereo in the charges??? Please

Let the DA handle it - and they HE/SHe did...

arnold
6/20/2009, 11:46 AM
Chaisson was arrested the next day and booked into the Clark County Detention Center for three felonies and two misdemeanors after allegedly forcing his ex-girlfriend into his car and threatening to kill her with a screwdriver, according to a Las Vegas police report. He was released that same day on $30,000 bail.

Collier11
6/20/2009, 12:03 PM
old news, yer point?

Eielson
6/20/2009, 01:03 PM
old news, yer point?

He is a spam bot or something. He repeats posts from earlier in random threads.

Collier11
6/20/2009, 01:46 PM
just an idiot prolly