PDA

View Full Version : McCoy Named to Lott Watch List

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2009, 02:09 AM
Haven't seen this posted yet:

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy has been named to the 2009 Lott Trophy Watch List. The Watch List is made up of 42 of the nation's top defensive players who have had the biggest IMPACT on their teams on and off the field. IMPACT stands for Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity.

McCoy is a 6-4, 300-pound junior defensive tackle from Oklahoma City. He was an All-American last season when he had 6.5 sacks and 11 tackles for losses. McCoy is a member of the AFCA Good Works Team, President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and one of the Sooner captains.

Named after Hall of Famer Lott, The Lott Trophy is awarded to college football's Defensive IMPACT Player of the Year. Now in its sixth year, The Lott Trophy is the only college football award to equally recognize athletic performance and the personal character attributes of the player.

Sponsored by The Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation, the award is given to a player who exhibits the same characteristics Lott embodied during his distinguished career: Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity.

Voters for the award include selected members of the national media, previous finalists, the Board of Directors of the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation, The IMPACT Foundation Board of Advisors comprised of many retired NFL players and Legends Coaches, a distinguish ed group of former head college coaches.

The winner will be announced at a gal a black-tie banquet at The Pacific Club in Newport Beach, Ca. on December 13th, 2009.

A-M
4/17/2009, 11:58 AM
Good for him. Sounds like he's a good guy who gives to others and loves doing it. Hope he wins!

badger
4/17/2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a bad Sooner - I immediately thought Colt when I said "McCoy." :(

I will take my 30 lashes and stand in the corner until I remember who the real McCoy is.

JLEW1818
4/17/2009, 12:42 PM
I'm a bad Sooner - I immediately thought *Colt* when I said "McCoy." :(

I will take my 30 lashes and stand in the corner until I remember who the real McCoy is.

lol i did the same thing.

soonerfan28
4/17/2009, 12:48 PM
Duh, Ronnie Lott played defense.:D

badger
4/17/2009, 01:12 PM
Duh, Ronnie Lott played defense.:D

Kolt plays defense*

*Not really.

JLEW1818
4/17/2009, 01:27 PM
Kolt plays defense*

*Not really.

I like that, I will officially start calling him Kolt McCoy...

badger
4/17/2009, 01:38 PM
I like that, I will officially start calling him Kolt McCoy...

It is far more effective to have an asterisk in a statement that already isn't clogged with asterisks, that's why I misspelled it. :D

However, there's probably some Hoarn fans out there in Texaz that think Kolt could play defense for Macc Brown*

* tee hee

A-M
4/18/2009, 10:41 AM

and so did I!

fossil
4/19/2009, 10:30 AM

:rolleyes: Badger, don't feel bad. My first reaction was the same as yours. Duh!!

badger
4/19/2009, 10:50 AM
We need some subliminal Sooner training, methinks. In all future references, MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.

Type that 100 times (or just copy/paste) and if you have to refer to that pansy blondie from south of the Red River, call him KOLT, but NEVER mccoy, because what have we learned from this?

MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.

Ok. that's 100, give or take 90ish :D

A-M
4/20/2009, 11:48 AM
We need some subliminal Sooner training, methinks. In all future references, MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.

Type that 100 times (or just copy/paste) and if you have to refer to that pansy blondie from south of the Red River, call him KOLT, but NEVER mccoy, because what have we learned from this?

MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.

Ok. that's 100, give or take 90ish :D
MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.MCCOY EQUALS GERALD.

Will this do?