PDA

View Full Version : Palin AG pick first state agency head ever to not be confirmed

Frozen Sooner
4/16/2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/762037.html

W.A.R. is kind of a jackass. People who've been around for a while may remember me talking about him claiming that pouring freezing water on nuns is a valid first amendment political expression.

badger
4/17/2009, 07:56 AM
I think the underlying issue that's getting some Alaskan politicians upset (and possibly jealous) is that Sarah Palin is trying to maintain her national image as a party leader, as opposed to staying close to Alaska and being content as just Alaska's leader.

Rather than try to fight Palin at every turn, perhaps Alaska should look at a way to capitalize her household name status to encourage Alaskan tourism and businesses, much like Gov. Schwartzeneggar (sp?) does for California. Palin should also not just use the newfound fame as a way to become president in 2012, but also as a way to give back to her home state. Then, perhaps any lingering bitterness (or jealousy) over her fame would go away and she could influence fellow politicians back home, you betcha! ;)

TUSooner
4/17/2009, 09:11 AM
I think the underlying issue that's getting some Alaskan politicians upset (and possibly jealous) is that Sarah Palin is trying to maintain her national image as a party leader, as opposed to staying close to Alaska and being content as just Alaska's leader.

Rather than try to fight Palin at every turn, perhaps Alaska should look at a way to capitalize her household name status to encourage Alaskan tourism and businesses, much like Gov. Schwartzeneggar (sp?) does for California. Palin should also not just use the newfound fame as a way to become president in 2012, but also as a way to give back to her home state. Then, perhaps any lingering bitterness (or jealousy) over her fame would go away and she could influence fellow politicians back home, you betcha! ;)

You sound pretty mavericky. (That's a good thing.) :)

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2009, 11:15 AM

There's certainly some sentiment that she should be tending to Alaska's business more-she's blown off some appointments with the Legislature and spent the last few days campaigning in Indiana-er, sorry, giving a speech that wasn't campaign-related at all to a pro-life group in Indiana-as the Legislative session wound down.

However, some of her troubles are directly attributable to picking fights with the Legislature-stuff that's kind of inside baseball, so I won't expound on it unless you really want me to, but stuff that's really riled some people up.

Beyond that, Ross was just a bad pick as AG. We've had governors who were unpopular with the Legislature before, but again-first time they've ever had their nomination sent packing.

Fraggle145
4/17/2009, 12:48 PM

Heh. president in 2012... lol.

If she was the representative of my home state I wouldnt want to advertise it either... just sayin. :O

JohnnyMack
4/17/2009, 01:17 PM
Sarah Palin is about as likely to be the R nominee for POTUS in 2012 as the lamp on my desk is.

Vaevictis
4/17/2009, 01:20 PM
If I were a political strategist for the Democratic party, I sure wouldn't mind if she were.

Rogue
4/18/2009, 08:08 AM
Heh. president in 2012... lol.

If she was the representative of my home state I wouldnt want to advertise it either... just sayin. :O

We're both originally from Idaho and I certainly don't claim her.:eek:

sooner n houston
4/18/2009, 09:33 PM
Sarah Palin is about as likely to be the R nominee for POTUS in 2012 as the lamp on my desk is.

Wow, what brilliance!!! Was your lamp the R nominee for VP last year too?

:D

KC//CRIMSON
4/18/2009, 09:39 PM
Wow, what brilliance!!! Was your lamp the R nominee for VP last year too?

:D

Yeah, and it got it's *ss handed to it.

badger
4/19/2009, 11:00 AM
Well, I should sound mavericky, I'm also from the great white north and am a bona fide female republican.

Not saying Palin will be the nominee in 2012, but I'm saying that is probably one of her future goals, to continue being a national leader in the party.

Regardless of whether or not all of Alaska is proud their governor was the VP nominee and is now a household name, there are ways she can help the state overall through her newfound fame. Perhaps there's another Nowhere, Alaska that needs a bridge? :D

StoopTroup
4/19/2009, 11:37 AM
Her Mavericky ways are very arrogant. I say that because right now, everyone, like her are trying to pound Home that the way everything everywhere is being done is completely wrong and that she is ready to fight hard to stop it and put in policies that will work.

I like the idea of it. I just don't think she has the answers and that once she's dismantled what she thinks is wrong...America will be in the same situation or worse than right now.

sooner n houston
4/20/2009, 06:52 AM
Yeah, and it got it's *ss handed to it.

Barack H. Obama, Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Democratic 69,498,216 52.87%
John S. McCain, III Sarah H. Palin Republican 59,948,240 votes 45.61%

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=2008&off=0&elect=0&f=0

Yea, kinda like a ten point loss in football right?

Harry Beanbag
4/20/2009, 07:16 AM
Her Mavericky ways are very arrogant. I say that because right now, everyone, like her are trying to pound Home that the way everything everywhere is being done is completely wrong and that she is ready to fight hard to stop it and put in policies that will work.

I like the idea of it. I just don't think she has the answers and that once she's dismantled what she thinks is wrong...America will be in the same situation or worse than right now.

Hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, kinda like what is happening in Washington right now.

badger
4/20/2009, 09:38 AM

Why does your link label Obama states in red and McCain states in blue :confused:

StoopTroup
4/20/2009, 10:47 AM
Hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, kinda like what is happening in Washington right now.

Agreed Harry. So why do we need her?

I hope things are getting better and that we can truely start a movement that will have all of us feeling that America is not even close to being in danger of losing the "America is the greatest place on Earth".

It seems that we have been on the move towards proving that America isn't a place where you could grow up to be President. Obama is proof that you can IMO.

In the words of the Maj Haj Rushie..."Words mean things". Seems President Obama's mean more than Rush's right now.

We'll see what they mean over the next four years I guess.

KC//CRIMSON
4/20/2009, 12:24 PM

Unfortunately for you, the score (to which I was referring) is kept by the electoral vote.

67.8% > 32.2% *ss handed to it.

theresonly1OU
4/20/2009, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately for you, the score (to which I was referring) is kept by the electoral vote.

67.8% > 32.2% *ss handed to it.

Man, I'm so glad we've got people like you keeping track of the important things.

KC//CRIMSON
4/20/2009, 03:00 PM
Man, I'm so glad we've got people like you keeping track of the important things.

You're getting good at eating your foot.....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130592

Harry Beanbag
4/20/2009, 05:20 PM
Agreed Harry. So why do we need her?

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I don't like any politicians and could do without pretty much all of them. :)

Harry Beanbag
4/20/2009, 05:21 PM
Why does your link label Obama states in red and McCain states in blue :confused:

I could swear that's the way it was when I was growing up. Then they switched it on us at some point because the red was too easily identifiable as communist. ;)

theresonly1OU
4/20/2009, 09:38 PM
You're getting good at eating your foot.....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130592

Because showing a fraud's disingenuous spending habits is akin to trolling a thread with the results of an election that everyone knows the outcome of?

Sure thing pal; thanks for clearing that up.

KC//CRIMSON
4/20/2009, 10:38 PM
Because showing a fraud's disingenuous spending habits is akin to trolling a thread with the results of an election that everyone knows the outcome of?

Sure thing pal; thanks for clearing that up.

Damn, you're brilliant. You should coach a little league team, mold you some young people.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/20/2009, 11:36 PM
Look out, libs. Sarah's a-comin' to getcha!

JLEW1818
4/21/2009, 01:20 AM

I can't really disagree with you. But something to consider, I bet during 2004-2005 if someone were to say Obama would win in 2008, people would say who? Now I know Palin got the popularity b/c she was the R vp runner. But who knows she might stand a chance in 2012 for the R candidate. But then again, if she is the front runner, I'm gonna be pissed.... ;)

But you never know what can happen. Back in 2004, I would have bet my house that a black president would not win the election in 2008, if someone were to offer me that bet. America is coming a long way this decade, so who knows what could happen.

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 01:30 AM
Obama who vs. We know you? Weak argument. Better would be everyone's pissed at O and Palin is the opponent - Way more likely.

Truth is though, whoever is there is gonna have a cluster**** to deal with just like now.

Vaevictis
4/21/2009, 01:33 AM
But something to consider, I bet during 2004-2005 if someone were to say Obama would win in 2008, people would say who?

Heh, in 2004, after his speech at the DNC, I turned to my wife and said, "That man is going to run for President some day, and my bet is that he wins." I was thinking 2012, though. The wheels fell off of the Republican party faster than I expected.

Now I know Palin got the popularity b/c she was the R vp runner. But who knows she might stand a chance in 2012 for the R candidate. But then again, if she is the front runner, I'm gonna be pissed.... ;)

If she manages to master the fine art of not looking like an ignorant boob in an interview, she might actually have a chance.

JLEW1818
4/21/2009, 01:35 AM
I was just saying that Obama came out of no where, and won. Anything is now possible for 2012.

The thing i meant about Palin, was giving credit to Obama. Lots didn't know who Obama was in 2008. Everyone will know who Palin is in 2012.

JLEW1818
4/21/2009, 01:38 AM
Heh, in 2004, after his speech at the DNC, I turned to my wife and said, "That man is going to run for President some day, and my bet is that he wins." I was thinking 2012, though. The wheels fell off of the Republican party faster than I expected.

If she manages to master the fine art of not looking like an ignorant boob in an interview, she might actually have a chance.

Very Ironic, my brother said the same thing about Obama, after his 2004 speech.... He's a great speaker.... I'm still waiting to see some positive results... I aint complaining, just waiting.

Vaevictis
4/21/2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah, so am I. I find it kind of funny that people that people are impatient for results in the economy.

In October of last year, most economists were expecting the recovery to start some time in the third quarter of this year. By the end of the year, they were expecting it to recover no sooner than 1Q 2010.

The world economy is a big ship, and it's going to take no small amount of time and effort to turn it.

JLEW1818
4/21/2009, 01:47 AM
yep, and one of the biggest debates that starts all this is, how long "should" it take obama..... some say months, others say years, others say you won't know until 10 years later...

I don't really know. My view is i worry about my family, and me. Others can worry about themselves. We need more of a "competitive" attitude in America. Hopefully Obama can motivate people, who need it. That is all I'm really looking for in him.

You know? For kids who want to be athletes, rap artist, painters, army, navy, marines, air force, fireman, police.. ect... Those are great future goals. But each kids first goal, should try and have the highest grades in his/her class. I hope we can get more motivation like that in America. Try to be smarter than the person next to you.

theresonly1OU
4/21/2009, 09:11 AM
Damn, you're brilliant. You should coach a little league team, mold you some young people.

How sad your life must be, having so much time to negspek.

You should really get out more.

Seriously.

badger
4/21/2009, 09:18 AM
This thread is headed for an inevitable lock five pages ahead of schedule :(

jaux
4/21/2009, 09:26 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9062/cesarpssst.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
4/21/2009, 11:49 AM
How sad your life must be, having so much time to negspek.

You should really get out more.

Seriously.

* Whining about reputation

*sniff*

theresonly1OU
4/21/2009, 07:16 PM
* Whining about reputation

*sniff*

riiiight.

Whatever floats your boat.

Fraggle145
4/21/2009, 07:25 PM

Heh. You said boob. I like boobs. :D :D

Harry Beanbag
4/21/2009, 07:36 PM
Mmmmm.....boobies.