PDA

View Full Version : Deflation

Jerk
4/16/2009, 07:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nSTO-vZpSgc/SdhyXra4_EI/AAAAAAAAF4M/_7qqDaq3Ueg/s1600/CS-CPI-2009-01A.png

Where's Helicopter Ben when you need him?

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 07:41 PM
I'll do the helicopter for ya if you want me to.

Jerk
4/16/2009, 07:46 PM
I'll do the helicopter for ya if you want me to.

Only if you plan on dropping cash :eek:

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 07:48 PM
No, I think the way it works is you pay me. :)

tommieharris91
4/16/2009, 09:28 PM
No, I think the way it works is you pay me. :)

I still believe the Fed prints the money. You would do a lot of good to read Milton Freidman, but you Ron Paul faux libertarians are too busy ranting against the Fed and for the gold standard to understand.

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 11:13 PM
I still believe the Fed prints the money. You would do a lot of good to read Milton Freidman, but you Ron Paul faux libertarians are too busy ranting against the Fed and for the gold standard to understand.

Is Milton Freidman an expert on doing the helicopter or something? :confused:

Curly Bill
4/16/2009, 11:38 PM

I think he flew one in Nam.

tommieharris91
4/16/2009, 11:48 PM

He invented the helicopter.

Actually he was an economics professor who came up with the "rain cash from helicopters" line. Back in the 1930s he said that was the way out of deflation. He took a very libertarian stance on just about everything. His basic philosophy was let the market decide the price of everything, from gold to hookers.

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 11:51 PM
He invented the helicopter.

Actually he was an economics professor who came up with the "rain cash from helicopters" line. Back in the 1930s he said that was the way out of deflation. He took a very libertarian stance on just about everything. His basic philosophy was let the market decide the price of everything, from gold to hookers.

That's fine, but I'm still going to do the helicopter and Jerk is going to give me money for it. In fact, I'm doing it right now.

Curly Bill
4/16/2009, 11:52 PM
That's fine, but I'm still going to do the helicopter and Jerk is going to give me money for it. In fact, I'm doing it right now.

...so Jerk is giving you a stimulus package? ;) :D