PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' happier than a board with two Willie threads

Collier11
4/16/2009, 12:42 PM
staying in School clap clap clap

Blake Griffin may be gone, but Oklahoma freshman Willie Warren is planning on sticking around Norman for at least another year.

Warren confirmed the decision to FOXSports.com on Thursday afternoon.

"That's my decision," Warren said. "I'm staying."
The 6-foot-4 Warren, one of the most talented freshman in the country this past season, averaged 14.6 points and 3.1 assists.

With Griffin, the National Player of the Year, gone to the NBA, Warren will have an expanded role. The Sooners also lose senior starters Taylor Griffin — Blake's older brother — and point guard Austin Johnson.

However, Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel will bring in one of the nation's top classes — one that includes heralded point guard Tommy Mason-Griffin and talented big man Keith "Tiny" Gallon.

tommieharris91
4/16/2009, 12:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9463436/Freshman-standout-Warren-won%27t-enter-NBA-draft

ouleaf
4/16/2009, 01:03 PM
Huzzah!!!

I'm glad he made the right decision, and hopefully the offense will be re-tooled next season to better utilize his skills. He needs to work on his passing and I think his shooting form needs a bit of re-tooling, but I don't see any reason why he won't have a great year next year. Maybe won't be All-American but for sure should make the All-Conference team if he improves even a little bit from last year.

If Gallon can consistently hit an 18 footer, he and Wille would be devastating in the 2 man game. Definitely excited to see the team play next year.

Boomer.....
4/16/2009, 01:03 PM
Great news! Even though the money was there, he could use another year of experience.

theresonly1OU
4/16/2009, 01:04 PM
Wow.

I don't know what shocks me more: Warren staying or someone posting on the BBall threads.

I thought OU was only a football school.

...Seriously though, he made the right choice.

Collier11
4/16/2009, 01:06 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9463436/Freshman-standout-Warren-won%27t-enter-NBA-draft

Dont you steal my thunder A-hole :eek: :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130705

Someone can merge these if you want

tommieharris91
4/16/2009, 01:19 PM
Yours ain't got no link. Mine does.

badger
4/16/2009, 01:30 PM
Another article via Tulsa World here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090416_92_0_NORMAN398582)

Collier11
4/16/2009, 01:31 PM
you stole it from mine

badger
4/16/2009, 01:38 PM
Merge before they fight, kplzthx ;)

stoopified
4/16/2009, 02:59 PM
Good news

stoopified
4/16/2009, 03:01 PM
Merge before they fight, kplzthx ;)FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Collier11
4/16/2009, 03:26 PM
he is a lover, I cant beat him up

soonervegas
4/16/2009, 03:59 PM
I wonder how successful Willie will be at penetrating the lane next year?

ouwapiti
4/16/2009, 04:31 PM
how, pray tell, did he think he was even close to nba ready ????

Collier11
4/16/2009, 04:58 PM
because he was a 1st rd lock, I dont think he ever thought he was ready but some kids dont mind sitting the bench for millions

badger
4/16/2009, 05:36 PM
how, pray tell, did he think he was even close to nba ready ????

Some were under the assumption a few years back that the NBA itself (and not its D-league, heh) could be used as a development tool, where they could learn on the job better than they could anywhere else, like college, Europe, etc. GM's seemed to agree, as they would draft straight outta high school talent high in the first round.

With the mandatory one-year-outta-high-school rule, GM's really don't draft based on future potential, so much as "what can you do for me now?"

Thus, players that are drafted in the first round are not necessarily going to be in the league that long. They have a guaranteed contract, but there's new talent every year and veterans that hang on for too long... and the expansion teams aren't exactly faring well in Charlotte or New Orleans or Memphis, so don't look for them to be adding more teams to expand the few available NBA jobs out there.

Willie returning, much like Blake returning, ensures that the team that eventually picks him in the draft will invest a lot more in him and thus, they both will have much longer pro careers in the league.

To quote the Simpsons for the millionth time this season: MAKE WAY FOR WILLIE! :D