PDA

View Full Version : We are a football school

Leroy Lizard
4/15/2009, 05:31 PM
Despite how thrilled everyone was with our basketball program's success this year, it is interesting to see that the activity on the basketball board has all but died and we are back to talking football.

I guess the thrill was too much for some to handle. :)

badger
4/15/2009, 05:52 PM
Nevermind that we just had a spring football scrimmage in front of tens of thousands of fans.

theresonly1OU
4/15/2009, 08:36 PM
Nevermind that we just had a spring football scrimmage in front of tens of thousands of fans.

Or that, between the two, football is the next sport to be in season.

This kind of $h!t is why people are scared Capel is going to leave.

Seriously.

Dan Thompson
4/15/2009, 08:57 PM
Don't forget those guys over in the gym. They are #2 and looking for National Championship #8 or 9.

A-M
4/15/2009, 09:03 PM
Actually, we have some championship in other sports to be proud of. Of course, football does get much more national exposure then any of the other sports. Both the men and women did us proud in Basketball this season and I for one am not willing to say that I only care about football.

soonerspiff
4/15/2009, 09:30 PM
Well, some people think we don't have to JUST be a football school:

http://ouhoops.com/

Not trying to take traffic away from this site, I just think it's cool that some have taken the initiative to dedicate a site to our basketball program. I would seriously love for all of our athletics teams to get the support they deserve not just football.

IronSoonerMan
4/15/2009, 09:54 PM
Despite how thrilled everyone was with our basketball program's success this year, it is interesting to see that the activity on the basketball board has all but died and we are back to talking football.

Yep!:D

I am not ashamed to say I am only a OU football fan!

:pop:

Leroy Lizard
4/15/2009, 11:54 PM
This kind of $h!t is why people are scared Capel is going to leave.

What kind of **** are you talking about? The fact that a "thrilled" fan base doesn't even want to talk about basketball anymore? Or the fact that someone pointed it out?

tommieharris91
4/15/2009, 11:56 PM
Don't forget those guys over in the gym. They are #2 and looking for National Championship #8 or 9.

OU has 25 NCs overall .

Am I not counting any?

tommieharris91
4/15/2009, 11:59 PM

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/images/smilies/banned.gif

Sooner74
4/16/2009, 02:18 AM
I follow many sports here. I don't know if many have noticed our great ball teams, and great gymnasts. We are pretty dang good at club hockey too.

Jacie
4/16/2009, 06:35 AM
I used to have high hopes that OU would become a dual or triple sport school, say basketball and wrestling, both of which the Sooners were very good in at one time. The rise of the gymnastics and softball teams has been a pleasant surprise.

theresonly1OU
4/16/2009, 08:09 AM
What kind of **** are you talking about? The fact that a "thrilled" fan base doesn't even want to talk about basketball anymore? Or the fact that someone pointed it out?

Again, we JUST had the spring game, and we are 4 months from kickoff. Is it so hard for you to grasp that people MIGHT be anticipating the next season for the sport OU is most known for?

I know it is a foreign concept to you, leroy, but some of us have the capacity to follow more than one sport.

OUmillenium
4/16/2009, 08:54 AM
We are a football school...

PEARL HARBOR ATTACKED!

CobraKai
4/16/2009, 08:56 AM
Some of us talk basketball a lot. We just don't do it on this board, which as far back as I can remember has never been much for basketball talk.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/16/2009, 09:33 AM
Don't forget that our baseball team is 29-8, first in the conference, and takes on Texas this weekend in Austin and Wichita State next Wednesday night w/$.50 hot dogs as the promotion! :D (my shameful plug for the day).

Sooner04
4/16/2009, 09:51 AM
In the last 20 years, the following OU programs have won just as many national titles as our football team:

Men's golf
Softball
Baseball

The following have won more national championships in the last 20 years than our football team:

Men's gymnastics

I'd say we're pretty well rounded. We've got a lot of football fans now who were wearing orange ten short years ago, but you've always got to deal with bandwagoners. That's just human nature.

Our fanbase may be a one-trick pony by a large percentage, but our athletic department looks for success across the board. Except for a few blips here and there, it succeeds in that quest.

NMSooner'80
4/16/2009, 10:58 AM
Don't forget that our baseball team is 29-8, first in the conference, and takes on *Texas* this weekend in Austin and Wichita State next Wednesday night w/$.50 hot dogs as the promotion! :D (my shameful plug for the day).

I was impressed with the OU baseball crowd on Saturday after the spring football game. Basketball attendance was also pretty good all season at the LNC, which is how it should be.

SouthFortySooner
4/16/2009, 04:24 PM
Who is Capel?

mizzOUstu702
4/16/2009, 04:44 PM

Yeah, because it's a freakin' dead season, you tard. Unless there's info on new recruits or anything, it's gonna be slow. More than half the posts on the Sooner Football Board aren't even about Sooner Football...what's your point?

Wait about month and there's not even gonna be much Football talk. We're not just a Football school.

Geez, you were probably one of those people that hardly knew who BG was before this year. Go back to your shanty to put on your jorts and Wal-Mart Football Jersey, cretin.

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2009, 11:20 PM
I know it is a foreign concept to you, leroy, but some of us have the capacity to follow more than one sport.

Judging by the activity in the basketball forum, the fans are unable to follow more than one sport at a time.

Did anyone in the basketball forum even bother to announce when the team was coming back from the tournament? Did anyone even show up at the airport?

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 11:49 PM
Judging by the activity in the basketball forum, the fans are unable to follow more than one sport at a time.

Did anyone in the basketball forum even bother to announce when the team was coming back from the tournament? Did anyone even show up at the airport?

I thought you were the one scolding and scoffing at people that this basketball season was a failure or something stupid like that. We get it, you don't care, or understand, anything about basketball.

Besides, OU has been a football first school for 60 years, I don't foresee anything changing that so this thread is equally as stupid as your views on the OU athletic programs and their loyal fans.

A-M
4/17/2009, 11:09 AM

A true OU sports fan thinks about all the sports, not just football. Not everyone on this football board is a sports fan. Many of them are just OU football fans. A sports fan loves all sports, not just football. By what you write, it sounds like you are just a football fan and not a sports fan. That's OK. There's nothing wrong with being either one, except when you try to pass yourself off as the one you are not as you are doing. You need to find the nearest rock and hide under it and quit showing how stupid you are.

SouthFortySooner
4/17/2009, 12:35 PM
Would someone tell me who this Capel person is and why should I be concerned if he leaves?

Leroy Lizard
4/17/2009, 03:42 PM
I thought you were the one scolding and scoffing at people that this basketball season was a failure or something stupid like that. We get it, you don't care, or understand, anything about basketball.

Okay, so did anyone bother to announce in the basketball forum that the team was coming home? Did anyone show up at the airport?

A true OU sports fan thinks about all the sports, not just football. Not everyone on this football board is a sports fan. Many of them are just OU football fans. A sports fan loves all sports, not just football.

Okay, so did anyone bother to announce in the basketball forum that the team was coming home? Did anyone show up at the airport?

You are trying to blame me for the apathy. I just merely pointed it out.

Now, we can pretend that the basketball forum is loaded with excitement over the great season we had if it makes you feel better.

A-M
4/18/2009, 10:48 AM

You are trying to blame me for the apathy. I just merely pointed it out.

Now, we can pretend that the basketball forum is loaded with excitement over the great season we had if it makes you feel better.

Personally, I don't care when any of the teams get home. So, what's your point?

Harry Beanbag
4/18/2009, 10:56 AM

I think what would makes us feel better is if you STFU.

CrimsonJim
4/18/2009, 11:18 AM
Can't we all just get along?? Where's the luve? Come on - GROUP HUG! :P

theresonly1OU
4/18/2009, 10:03 PM
I think what would makes us feel better is if you STFU.

...Just wanted to see it again.

Leroy Lizard
4/19/2009, 04:12 AM
It sounds like my posting in here really bothers people. I don't want to bother people, so I will bow out.

OUTrumpet
4/19/2009, 07:44 AM
We are a football school...

PEARL HARBOR ATTACKED!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! AND IT'S NOT OVER NOW!

I have a lot of hope for Capel and the men's team to hopefully expand our vision a little. Noticed a lot of that this year and hopefully it will continue!

Charla
4/19/2009, 07:05 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! AND IT'S NOT OVER NOW!

I have a lot of hope for Capel and the men's team to hopefully expand our vision a little. Noticed a lot of that this year and hopefully it will continue!

Proof that even an OSUX grad. can be an OU fan.( I didn't know we had any other sports than Football )

olevetonahill
4/19/2009, 07:19 PM
It sounds like my posting in here really bothers people. I don't want to bother people, so I will bow out.

Is this Like permanent ? From the Whole Board or just this thread ?
Come on dont tease us .

meoveryouxinfinity
4/19/2009, 08:44 PM
Proof that even an OSUX grad. can be an OU fan.( I didn't know we had any other sports than Football )

LMFAO.

OMG!!! THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!! CHECK OUT MSN AND AOL'S HOMEPAGE!!!!!!!

theresonly1OU
4/19/2009, 09:43 PM

Probably a good idea to quit while you're behind.

Crucifax Autumn
4/19/2009, 09:45 PM
I'm wondering when he developed this aversion to bothering people!

CrimsonJim
4/19/2009, 09:56 PM
Oh, about 4:12 in the morning on April 19, '09 I rekon. It was a BFO I tell ya!! Struck him right b'twixed his eyes it did! He knew right then and thar that he'd been a botherin' folks for a way too long.........

tommieharris91
4/19/2009, 11:02 PM

It only took you 1849 posts to figure this out? :texan:

Crucifax Autumn
4/19/2009, 11:35 PM
That's less than it takes some!

A-M
4/20/2009, 11:39 AM

There is a God!

Jello Biafra
4/20/2009, 01:02 PM
somewhere...

out there....

a tiny lizard screams in the night whilst he is being milked....

CrimsonJim
4/20/2009, 02:00 PM
Not a purdy picture, Jello. Not purdy atall.