PDA

View Full Version : Are Caleb and Tennell the answer at WR?

soonerfan28
4/13/2009, 10:08 AM
I was not present for the Red-White game, so all I have is second hand info and the highlight video that soonersports posted, but it appears that Caleb and Tennell were somewhat impressive on a day that the offenses looked pretty stale. I know that Broyles is already a proven WR, but behind him have Caleb and Tennell finally found there way into the starting lineup barring a horrible summer? I know we still haven't seen Kenney so that has to be taken into consideration.

goingoneight
4/13/2009, 11:20 AM
DeJuan Miller is the name I keep hearing in the mold of a deep threat who's big and physical, Jameel Owens is right there with AT and BC. WR should be pretty good even without Chaney, Iglesias and Johnson.

starclassic tama
4/13/2009, 11:24 AM
tennell's TD was impressive. the throw was absolutely perfect from about 45 yards out of course...

TR20
4/13/2009, 11:27 AM
Tennell was impressive. Owens also made some nice grabs despite taking a pretty good pounding from the defense. The QBs and WRs were not on the same page on a few plays so the numbers could have been better than they were. To be expected in the Spring Game.

soonerfan28
4/13/2009, 11:40 AM
Did Miller not play in the Spring Game? I didn't see him in the highlight reel.

Collier11
4/13/2009, 11:42 AM
Remember, Tennell was a big time recruit who just hasnt been able to stay healthy. I would say if he is healthy that he can really help us this year. You never know, maybe his career will end up like Meachums at Tenn. with one big breakout year

soonerfan28
4/13/2009, 11:46 AM
I had a lot of doubts about Tennell coming into the spring, but he really seems to be coming around finally. I think maybe he had that Quentin Chaney syndrome where you don't show up until your senior year. The last couple of years he just seemed to play w/no confidence.

TR20
4/13/2009, 11:53 AM
Miller was on the field for several plays, and was thrown to twice if memory serves me correct. I know one of the throws was into double coverage.

JLEW1818
4/13/2009, 12:05 PM
THEY BETTER BE, OR WE ****ED!

stoops the eternal pimp
4/13/2009, 12:10 PM
we'll know about the beginning of October

NormanPride
4/13/2009, 01:08 PM
DeJuan Miller = Quentin Chaney
Jameel Owens = Travis Wilson

Obviously not an exact match, but that's the impression I got from about 30-40 snaps in a spring scrimmage. ;)

Collier11
4/13/2009, 01:23 PM
DeJuan Miller = Quentin Chaney
Jameel Owens = Travis Wilson

Obviously not an exact match, but that's the impression I got from about 30-40 snaps in a spring scrimmage. ;)

quentin chaney from the regular season or from the bowl games?

OU_Sooners75
4/13/2009, 01:33 PM
Caleb played solid. So did Miller.

Tennell & Broyles were exceptional at the Spring Game IMHO.

I think our WR Corps will be better than last year!

Scott D
4/13/2009, 02:06 PM
Miller's better than NP gives him credit for.

NormanPride
4/13/2009, 03:26 PM
Better than Chaney in bowl games? That's high praise for a redshirt frosh. He didn't show much at the game, at least. I liken him to Chaney in that he's physically gifted, but doesn't seem to be a great WR yet. It took QC quite a while to turn "Tall, fast, and big" into a WR.

OU_Sooners75
4/14/2009, 03:16 PM
Better than Chaney in bowl games? That's high praise for a redshirt frosh. He didn't show much at the game, at least. I liken him to Chaney in that he's physically gifted, but doesn't seem to be a great WR yet. It took QC quite a while to turn "Tall, fast, and big" into a WR.
WOW

He is a redshirt freshman.....I think you are being a little to critical!

Chaney was disappointing because he never really became what we thought he would, but he was still solid for us.