PDA

View Full Version : Grading Texas and OU for 2008-2009 seasons

footballfanatic
4/13/2009, 10:06 AM
I added strength of schedule, plus record against top-25 opponents, average margin of victory, and subtracted defensive scoring average allowed. Finally, factoring in turnover margin, Texas finished with a final grade of 45.

Using the same criteria for OU, the Sooners finished with a final grade of 35.

Final grade comparisons show Texas at 45, finishing ahead of OU by ten points at 35.

Vaevictis
4/13/2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the reminder that, once again, Texas got screwed because of OU.

It makes my day a little brighter every single time.

soonerfan28
4/13/2009, 10:21 AM
Mack Brown knew the system for tie breakers, but then again he's the same dumba$$ that claimed he won a conference championship that his team didn't even play in. DUMBA$$!!!!!!!!!!!

OU4LIFE
4/13/2009, 10:24 AM
saxeT also has a toast named after them.

they should stencil that on the locker room too.

saxeT wins again.

SoonerDood
4/13/2009, 10:37 AM
I added strength of schedule, plus record against top-25 opponents, average margin of victory, and subtracted defensive scoring average allowed. Finally, factoring in turnover margin, *Texas* finished with a final grade of 45.

Using the same criteria for OU, the Sooners finished with a final grade of 35.

Final grade comparisons show *Texas* at 45, finishing ahead of OU by ten points at 35.

good for you. I hear that and a nickel will get you a nice hot cup of Jack Squat. [/Farley]

kangsta
4/13/2009, 10:39 AM
let it go man

jumperstop
4/13/2009, 11:02 AM
this must be some sort of golf like scoring system, the lowest score wins.

badger
4/13/2009, 11:03 AM
I got your Texas grade right here:
http://i44.tinypic.com/awch0l.jpg

goingoneight
4/13/2009, 11:38 AM
My uncle is a Tech alumni who is 39... his wife is 33. Care to guess where she went to school?

rainiersooner
4/13/2009, 11:43 AM
My uncle is a Tech alumni who is 39... his wife is 33. Care to guess where she went to school?

*?

footballfanatic
4/13/2009, 12:27 PM
Final grade also includes the bowl performances.

JLEW1818
4/13/2009, 12:29 PM

If we played in ****ty bowls most of the years, we would have a great record too. We can win the Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl too...

A big 12 championship means more than a runner up bcs bowl....

how many times have yall been big south runner ups? :P :P

cheezyq
4/13/2009, 12:41 PM

Here's a math formula for you: 39-33. And no, that's not a math problem to solve your IQ score.

OU4LIFE
4/13/2009, 01:00 PM
you people don't get math.

What the math tells you is *Texas is great.

the end.

hey, make sure you hang that math in your trophy case...

footballfanatic
4/13/2009, 03:58 PM
If we played in ****ty bowls most of the years, we would have a great record too. We can win the Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl too...

BCS bowl game records is probably something you'll want to stay away from.

NormanPride
4/13/2009, 04:02 PM
Cry some moar.

Readyfor8
4/13/2009, 04:06 PM

The Cotton Bowl this October is probably something you will want to stay away from.

SbOrOiNaEnR
4/13/2009, 04:12 PM

You know, I've been involved in a long, drawn-out trash talking session via e-mail over the past few days with a guy I went to high school with who graduated from Texas, and a point I brought up to him that I'd never heard before I did the research is that OU HAS A BETTER BOWL WINNING PERCENTAGE THAN Hook em . In their illustrious history, they've won just one more bowl than we have, but they've also lost 4 more. But we all know that things like "logic" and "reason" and "statistics" don't mean anything to those tea-sipping lunatics. Except, of course, "head to head."

tm250
4/13/2009, 05:24 PM
Stoops ----6
mack ----4

JLEW1818
4/13/2009, 05:39 PM
yep.

JLEW1818
4/13/2009, 05:39 PM

So now your a big fan of the BCS? I thought horn fans hated it.??? hehehe

footballfanatic
4/13/2009, 09:29 PM
We won our bowl game--in fact, we've won our last 5. You guys, well, let's just say it's been an off-decade.

CrimsonJim
4/13/2009, 09:52 PM
We won our bowl game--in fact, we've won our last 5. You guys, well, let's just say it's been an off-decade.

Since you've overlooked the obvious:

Head to Head
Stoops - 6
Mack - 4

Big XII Championships
OU - 6
Whorns - 2

National Championships
OU - 7
Whorns - 4

JLEW1818
4/13/2009, 10:05 PM
horns, ha

OKC-SLC
4/13/2009, 10:24 PM
2008 conference championships:

OU 1
UT 0

starclassic tama
4/13/2009, 10:25 PM
off decade? if a rose bowl championship and a orange bowl championship including a national title is an off decade, i'll take it!

goingoneight
4/13/2009, 10:33 PM

We didn't play in a bowl game, remember? It was a National Championship game... you know... against a quality opponent?

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&KEY=&ATCLID=1524117

soonermix
4/14/2009, 10:09 AM
i don't know the texas fans might have a point.
going out and winning the toilet bowl every year gives them and their families plenty of time to make it back home for new years and enjoy the quality bowl games and bcs games every year.

OU4LIFE
4/14/2009, 11:58 AM
can't you people just be happy in your own skin? Stop comparing yourselves to Oklahoma. We aren't even close.

I mean, *Texas* has the largest athletic budget on the planet. Not to mention the least to show for it.

We just can't compete with our poor little programs that consistently produce Heisman, Naismith, and multiple NCAA titles.

Stop beating us over the head with it already. You underachieve, we get it.

footballfanatic
4/14/2009, 12:24 PM
off decade? if a rose bowl championship and a orange bowl championship including a national title is an off decade, i'll take it!

I like how no one coincidentally mentions your minor bowl losses in the Fiesta (twice), the Sugar, and the Orange (twice). And our minor bowl wins include two Rose Bowls and one Fiesta plus FINISHING ahead of you in the polls the last two years. Kisses, darlings.

CrimsonJim
4/14/2009, 12:54 PM
I like how no one coincidentally mentions your minor bowl losses in the Fiesta (twice), the Sugar, and the Orange (twice). And our minor bowl wins include two Rose Bowls and one Fiesta plus FINISHING ahead of you in the polls the last two years. Kisses, darlings.

When *you* catch up with us (which *you* won't), *you* may speak. Until then, *you* may kindly STFU. :rolleyes:

soonerfan28
4/14/2009, 12:57 PM
Mack has as many national championships as Bob does, but Bob has 5 more Big XII titles then Mack. I give you guys props for beating USC, but Michigan was not as good as the bad Big 10 made them seem and once again you win the Fiesta over another Big 10 conference team.

starclassic tama
4/14/2009, 01:07 PM

everyone knows we lost those games genius. the 90's was an off-decade. if given a choice at the beginning of a new decade any fan of any college football would gladly accept: 6 conference championships (7 after this year), 4 national championship game appearances with 1 win, 6 BCS bowl game appearances with 2 wins, 2 heisman trophies (possibly 3 after this year)....

NormanPride
4/14/2009, 02:03 PM

Delicious Texas tears.

OU4LIFE
4/14/2009, 02:16 PM
heh

JLEW1818
4/14/2009, 03:32 PM
At least when i post on hornfans i don't troll around like a ****ing *****.

CaliBornSoonerBred
4/14/2009, 03:40 PM
Are we going to compare numbers on this issue for the poor whorn fans?! Numbers don't lie and by the numbers everyone else has already posted.....there's no reason for this troll to still be barking. Here's one last one.
BCS Standings on November 30.
Alabama .9974
Oklahoma.9161
Texas .9154
now STFU!

OUAlumni1990
4/14/2009, 09:41 PM
Its funny how horn fans constantly compare their program to OUrs, as if they are not good enough to stand on their own.....nuff said...

MrJimBeam
4/15/2009, 07:09 AM
Kisses, darlings.

Since you're always looking up at it, how's my *** taste?

footballfanatic
4/15/2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I've stirred up the nest for sure. Guess it's hitting a little too close to home.

footballfanatic
4/15/2009, 09:06 AM
everyone knows we lost those games genius. the 90's was an off-decade. if given a choice at the beginning of a new decade any fan of any college football would gladly accept: 6 conference championships (7 after this year), 4 national championship game appearances (3 of which were LOSSES, 1 being the biggest blowout in Championship history) with 1 win, 6 BCS bowl game appearances with 2 wins, (5 LOSSES) 2 heisman trophies (possibly 3 after this year)....

Fixed, dearest.

NormanPride
4/15/2009, 09:43 AM
1) Denial:

* Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of situations and individuals that will be affected by their suck.

Example - "We're still going to a great bowl.", "We can take Ohio State no problem!"

2) Anger:

* Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial can not continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes win or success is subject to projected resentment and jealousy.

Example - "Why us? We beat them!"; "But... but... We're Texas!"; "They lost their last 5 million bowl games!"

3) Bargaining:

* The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay their suck. Usually, the negotiation for an extended win is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the person is saying, "I understand I will suck, but if I could just have more time..."

Example - "Just wait till next year."; "If we could beat Ohio State we'll be ranked above them..."; "I will personally pleasure any member of the Big 12 council to get that rule fixed..."

4) Depression:

* During the fourth stage, the sucking person begins to understand the certainty of their suck. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the sucking person to disconnect himself from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer an individual up that is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.

Example - "I'm so sad, why bother showing up to the games?"; "We always manage to lose to them in the end . . . What's the point?"; "I miss Vince Young... why go on?"

5) Acceptance:

* This final stage comes with peace and understanding of the suckiness that is approaching. Generally, the person in the fifth stage will want to be left alone. Additionally, feelings and physical pain may be non-existent. This stage has also been described as the end of the suck struggle.

Example - "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

Almost there, buddy.

OU4LIFE
4/15/2009, 10:21 AM
Fixed, dearest.

good to know you won't be spreading your seed.

OU4LIFE
4/15/2009, 11:10 AM
looks like somebody misses the days of the old SWC when they had no competition.

your lack of character is revealed in your failure to embrace opportunities that challenge you.

CrimsonJim
4/15/2009, 12:48 PM
Well, I've stirred up the nest for sure. Guess it's hitting a little too close to home.

Naaah. You're just a little *Whorn* troll turd and we all enjoy stating the obvious, since you aren't bright enough to figure it out on your own. But thanks for playing! :D

jumperstop
4/15/2009, 02:08 PM
"kisses" "darling" "dearest". who the hell is this person, must be mack's british nanny or something. i've never heard people use such gay a** language in an attempt to be jeering towards someone. i would rather be an ou fan and lose every bowl game than to be texas fan and perennially under achieve, and thinking that by saying words like that i can make up for the suckiness.

starclassic tama
4/15/2009, 02:15 PM
Fixed, dearest.

you didn't fix or even change anything tard. you mean to tell me that 4 appearances and 1 win means 3 of those were losses? intellectual supergiant, you are. any fan of any program would love to have those results for a decade.

footballfanatic
4/15/2009, 03:34 PM
you didn't fix or even change anything tard. you mean to tell me that 4 appearances and 1 win means 3 of those were losses? intellectual supergiant, you are. any fan of any program would love to have those results for a decade.

Sorry. Fans would prefer to have 3 wins, and a national championship, over 3 losses and a national championship. I hope that isn't a huge revelation for you.

Plus, being that you are the "other team" in the Boise State, feel-good game of decade can't be a major source of pride. At least I hope it's not.

footballfanatic
4/15/2009, 03:40 PM
"kisses" "darling" "dearest". who the hell is this person, must be *Mack*'s british nanny or something. i've never heard people use such gay a** language in an attempt to be jeering towards someone. i would rather be an ou fan and lose every bowl game than to be *Texas* fan and perennially under achieve, and thinking that by saying words like that i can make up for the suckiness.

No, I just prefer to use friendly, joking language, over the nasty, brutish exchanges that often occur here. Lately, I 've been hearing such talk on the sidelines of my daughter's soccer games--it's quite disappointing. I honestly hope that the people who post here with profanities refrain from doing so in their personal lives so we can bring more civility to our great country.

Sooner74
4/15/2009, 03:51 PM
Hey guys, let Texas have their credit. They beat us and we are still drinking to our Big 12 Championship. I could take that any year, just because they are wiggling around so much because they didn't accomplish anything last year. Besides the asterisk, which I know you had no control over, just like the Natty Title Game. That is cause you weren't there.

Jello Biafra
4/15/2009, 03:54 PM
No, I just prefer to use friendly, joking language, over the nasty, brutish exchanges that often occur here. Lately, I 've been hearing such talk on the sidelines of my daughter's soccer games--it's quite disappointing. I honestly hope that the people who post here with profanities refrain from doing so in their personal lives so we can bring more civility to our great country.

brutish? hows this for brutish?

go play a nice quiet game of hide and go fugg yerself :) see theres a smiley too... enjoy.

footballfanatic
4/15/2009, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, let *Texas* have their credit. They beat us and we are still drinking to our Big 12 Championship. I could take that any year, just because they are wiggling around so much because they didn't accomplish anything last year. Besides the asterisk, which I know you had no control over, just like the Natty Title Game. That is cause you weren't there.

Based on your team's performance, they apparently weren't there, either.

Jello Biafra
4/15/2009, 04:28 PM

whatever dumbarse...

fadada1
4/15/2009, 09:28 PM
you simply can't argue with the horns. the moment you bring up the tech game, they black out for 10 seconds. when their brain starts recording again, they jump ahead to the last minute against ohio state, claim victory over a team they equate with the roman empire, and order another t-shirt with "head-to-head" printed on it.

CrimsonJim
4/15/2009, 11:18 PM

Your entire diatribe on this thread stems from the 45*-35 win that only came as a result of a cheap shot on Reynolds (check ALL the stats before that happened). You think this lone but cheap victory proves you were better than us in '08, but you keep forgetting about the rest of the season.

You LOST to Tech by a score of 39-33*, while we a**-raped them by a score of 65-21!! All you had to do was win that game, but as usual, you choked on the big one.

Want to compare more of last season? Ok.

Texas beat OSU 28*-24 while we beat them 61-41
Texas beat Mizzu 56*-31 while we beat them 62-21
Texas beat Baylor 45*-21 while we beat them 49-17
Texas beat A&M 49*-9 while we beat them 66-28
Texas beat Kansas 35*-7 while we beat them 45-31

Now I'm not real good at the new math, but in playing the same teams, OU won by an average margin of 31.5 points, while your little Whorns won by 19.2. This in conjunction with your choking it off against Tech yeilded YOUR Big XII Champion, Oklahoma Sooners!!! Thank you very much and good night.

footballfanatic
4/16/2009, 12:05 PM
Your entire diatribe on this thread stems from the 45*-35 win that only came as a result of a cheap shot on Reynolds (check ALL the stats before that happened). You think this lone but cheap victory proves you were better than us in '08, but you keep forgetting about the rest of the season.

You LOST to Tech by a score of 39-33*, while we a**-raped them by a score of 65-21!! All you had to do was win that game, but as usual, you choked on the big one.

*Texas* beat OSU 28*-24 while we beat them 61-41
*Texas* beat Mizzu 56*-31 while we beat them 62-21
*Texas* beat Baylor 45*-21 while we beat them 49-17
*Texas* beat A&M 49*-9 while we beat them 66-28
*Texas* beat Kansas 35*-7 while we beat them 45-31

Now I'm not real good at the new math, but in playing the same teams, OU won by an average margin of 31.5 points, while your little W*horns* won by 19.2. This in conjunction with your choking it off against Tech yeilded YOUR Big XII Champion, Oklahoma Sooners!!! Thank you very much and good night.

I like how you compare same opponents, while downplaying the only meaningful way to measure two teams--for the game they played against each other.

As for the cheap shot, I never saw one article about this. In fact, this site is the only place I've ever seen it referred to. Can you refer me to any youtube videos that show it, cause honestly, I haven't seen it. ? I'm not sure how Reynolds not playing slowed down your offense in the second half, but I have an open mind, and would be glad for you to explain it to me.

footballfanatic
4/16/2009, 12:48 PM

*Texas* beat OSU 28*-24 while we beat them 61-41
*Texas* beat Mizzu 56*-31 while we beat them 62-21
*Texas* beat Baylor 45*-21 while we beat them 49-17
*Texas* beat A&M 49*-9 while we beat them 66-28
*Texas* beat Kansas 35*-7 while we beat them 45-31

Now I'm not real good at the new math, but in playing the same teams, OU won by an average margin of 31.5 points, while your little W*horns* won by 19.2. This in conjunction with your choking it off against Tech yeilded YOUR Big XII Champion, Oklahoma Sooners!!! Thank you very much and good night.
Those are impressive victories by the Sooners, but show that while you put up huge point totals, you gave up too many points, as well. Strong defenses win championships. Hence, two losses, to Texas's one.

starclassic tama
4/16/2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry. Fans would prefer to have 3 wins, and a national championship, over 3 losses and a national championship. I hope that isn't a huge revelation for you.

Plus, being that you are the "other team" in the Boise State, feel-good game of decade can't be a major source of pride. At least I hope it's not.

so what you are saying, is you would take your 3 BCS wins this decade and 1 big 12 title over our 2 BSC wins this decade and 6 BIG 12 TITLES? even though you almost certainly have to win your conference to have a chance at a national championship? and yes i'm aware that we didn't win our conference in 2003 and nebraska in 2001 and still played for the title, but i highly doubt that happens again. this is what makes texas fans look stupid. i'm not embarassed by the boise state loss at all. the media likes to hype that game up as david vs. goliath, but that year boise was just as good as we are and similarly ranked, and they played their tail off and beat us in a great game.

Harry Beanbag
4/16/2009, 05:16 PM
Those are impressive victories by the Sooners, but show that while you put up huge point totals, you gave up too many points, as well. Strong defenses win championships. Hence, two losses, to *Texas*'s one.

So which championship did Texas win last season?

starclassic tama
4/16/2009, 07:37 PM

2009 BCS title game was the only BCS title game to ever be tied in the 4th quarter. not that i like moral victories, just pointing out another epic FAIL in your little arguments.

JLEW1818
4/16/2009, 09:05 PM
FF, keep chatting all you want, your team is till the second best team in the big 12 all time. leave it at that ..

How many times have yall been big 12 runner ups?

Cool you won some BCS bowl games, I wish we would have won all of ours too.

In the end it's about National Championships and Big 12 Championships.

Go ask your coach one question for me, for the goal of each season. "Coach Brown, would you rather have a big 12 championship, or a bcs runner up trophy?"

We all know the answer.
Suck it.

A Sooner in Texas
4/16/2009, 09:16 PM
Football fanatic must be an OU football fanatic, since apparently Texas football is so boring he has to spend so much time over here on the right side.

CrimsonJim
4/16/2009, 09:37 PM
I like how you compare same opponents, while downplaying the only meaningful way to measure two teams--for the game they played against each other.

Ok, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, I mean come on, you're a *saxeT* fan - nuff said - but in the same breath, you are somewhat articulate, so I would hope that you might possibly understand that one game does not a season make. The rise to the top is over a season's work; not a single game. If you want to base everything off of one game, so be it, but that's not the way things are done. Never have been. Never will be. As long as Mack Brown and the simple-minded legion of W*horn* fans believe that, you will continue to get your teeth kicked in on a regular basis.

As for the cheap shot, I never saw one article about this. In fact, this site is the only place I've ever seen it referred to. Can you refer me to any youtube videos that show it, cause honestly, I haven't seen it. ? I'm not sure how Reynolds not playing slowed down your offense in the second half, but I have an open mind, and would be glad for you to explain it to me.

Derrrrr! I said check the stats Einstein. If you won't take the time to do your homework, I shouldn't have to waste my time explaining it to you. But since I actually know what I'm talking about, try this one on for size: When Reynolds was in the game, *sexaT* averaged 4.6 yards over 38 plays. After Reynolds went out, the Whorns averaged 8.3 yards on 32. Capiche? Here's hoping the light finally came on over there.

Those are impressive victories by the Sooners, but show that while you put up huge point totals, you gave up too many points, as well. Strong defenses win championships. Hence, two losses, to Texas's one.

Sigh, silly W*horn*. OUr margin of victory was 12.3 points higher than yours, so your D must have been pretty weak if that's the case. While I will admit that '08 was not our best defense by any stretch of the imagination, they held Phloriduh to 19.6 points below their season average. The defense did not cost us the MNC, but thank you for playing.

footballfanatic
4/16/2009, 10:43 PM
2009 BCS title game was the only BCS title game to ever be tied in the 4th quarter. not that i like moral victories, just pointing out another epic FAIL in your little arguments.

You are skating dangerously close to Aggiethink.

JLEW1818
4/16/2009, 10:45 PM

I'd say your ***, that you people do take the prize......

footballfanatic
4/16/2009, 10:49 PM
FF, keep chatting all you want, your team is till the second best team in the big 12 all time. leave it at that ..

How many times have yall been big 12 runner ups?

Cool you won some BCS bowl games, I wish we would have won all of ours too.

In the end it's about National Championships and Big 12 Championships.

Go ask your coach one question for me, for the goal of each season. "Coach Brown, would you rather have a big 12 championship, or a bcs runner up trophy?"

We all know the answer.
Suck it.

I love it. Since you have fewer BCS wins, you dismiss the whole thing as "we won some BCS games." If OU had won more, we would be hearing about it till hell freezes over.

My team had a more successful season than yours. We finished higher ranked, we had a better record, we beat you handily, and we won our bowl game.

footballfanatic
4/16/2009, 10:57 PM
Ok, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, I mean come on, you're a *saxeT* fan - nuff said - but in the same breath, you are somewhat articulate, so I would hope that you might possibly understand that one game does not a season make. The rise to the top is over a season's work; not a single game. If you want to base everything off of one game, so be it, but that's not the way things are done. Never have been. Never will be. As long as *Mack* Brown and the simple-minded legion of W*horn* fans believe that, you will continue to get your teeth kicked in on a regular basis.

Derrrrr! I said check the stats Einstein. If you won't take the time to do your homework, I shouldn't have to waste my time explaining it to you. But since I actually know what I'm talking about, try this one on for size: When Reynolds was in the game, *sexaT* averaged 4.6 yards over 38 plays. After Reynolds went out, the W*horns* averaged 8.3 yards on 32. Capiche? Here's hoping the light finally came on over there.

Sigh, silly W*horn*. OUr margin of victory was 12.3 points higher than yours, so your D must have been pretty weak if that's the case. While I will admit that '08 was not our best defense by any stretch of the imagination, they held Phloriduh to 19.6 points below their season average. The defense did not cost us the MNC, but thank you for playing.

This is a fabulous document, ambitious, strring and seductively composed. There is much to admire in your efforts, but still, it is hopelessly mired in the unreality that so many of you embrace. I need to address it at length, but am currently helping my daughter with her history homework. (Missouri Compromise, etc) Take care for now, my friends.

Chi Gamma Blackness
4/16/2009, 10:58 PM
My team had a more successful season than yours. We finished higher ranked, we had a better record, we beat you handily, and we won our bowl game.

Oh man...I needed that laugh. Thanks!:D

JLEW1818
4/16/2009, 11:07 PM
I love it. Since you have fewer BCS wins, you dismiss the whole thing as "we won some BCS games." If OU had won more, we would be hearing about it till hell freezes over.

Answer the question tho, BCS runner up bowl win, or a big 12 championship.... which would Mack want more....

Crucifax Autumn
4/17/2009, 12:14 AM
Mack would prefer his wiener up pony boy's butt, but that's beside the point!

OU4LIFE
4/17/2009, 08:25 AM
Take care for now, my friends.

You are CLEARLY confused.

soonerfan28
4/17/2009, 09:45 AM

Yea and your noncon schedule had teams like Florida Atlantic, UTEP and Rice and your bowl game was against a weaka$$ Ohio St team. CONGRATS!

CrimsonJim
4/17/2009, 10:13 AM

Lemme check here, yep, he said "I wish we would have won all of ours too", so nothing was dismissed. And yep, if we had won more, we would be proud of that as well.

Soooo, let me get this straight; you consider a more successful season not winning a Big XII Championship and not getting the opportunity to play for the MNC? Interestink. :rolleyes:

Bourbon St Sooner
4/17/2009, 12:17 PM

Now why would an *U fan start talking about aggiethink when they took aggiethink to a whole new level of loserdom.

Dude you need to apologize to your now proven superior beings (to *U) - Aggies.

footballfanatic
4/21/2009, 08:47 AM
Lemme check here, yep, he said "I wish we would have won all of ours too", so nothing was dismissed. And yep, if we had won more, we would be proud of that as well.

Soooo, let me get this straight; you consider a more successful season not winning a Big XII Championship and not getting the opportunity to play for the MNC? Interestink. :rolleyes:

My dearest friends, I have to apologize for my lengthy absence. For explanation, I can only offer work, domestic duties, fatherhood, as well as fabulous weather.

Mack would have loved a Big 12 Championship indeed.

After much thought, and reflection on the many interesting and relevant points you have raised, I rate the season as more successful for Texas, based on achieving two of the Four Sacred Goals:

Win a National Championship: No check for either team
Win the Big 12 Championship: Check for OU
Win a major BCS Bowl: Check for Texas
Beat your most bitter rival: Check for Texas

Please respond to this if you would care to. I would be honored if you did.

Affectionately, yours.

Footballfanatic

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 10:08 AM
My dearest friends, I have to apologize for my lengthy absence. For explanation, I can only offer work, domestic duties, fatherhood, as well as fabulous weather.

*Mack* would have loved a Big 12 Championship indeed.

After much thought, and reflection on the many interesting and relevant points you have raised, I rate the season as more successful for *Texas*, based on achieving two of the Four Sacred Goals:

Win a major BCS Bowl: Check for *Texas*
Beat your most bitter rival: Check for *Texas*

Affectionately, yours.

Footballfanatic

Why do you feel the need to be over here on our board if indeed Texas is the more successful team? How many OU fans are on Texas boards right now? It sounds to me like there are still sour grapes left over from last year. Whats done is done and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Get over it.

And what does Texas winning their bowl game have to do with OU football? nothing. Florida would have curb stomped Texas and you know it.

CrimsonJim
4/21/2009, 12:14 PM
After much thought, and reflection on the many interesting and relevant points you have raised, I rate the season as more successful for Texas, based on achieving two of the Four Sacred Goals:

Win a major BCS Bowl: Check for Texas
Beat your most bitter rival: Check for Texas

What? No style points for getting the opportunity to win the MNC? And come on, bringing Texas to tears for months has got to rate something!! I mean watching us pass you by in the rankings by completely annihilating everything in our path after you choked away your opportunity? You hit the high points, but left out some of the juicy morsels.

Affectionately, yours.

Footballfanatic

Enough with the condescending affection, please.

CrimsonJim
4/21/2009, 12:15 PM
Florida would have curb stomped Texas and you know it.

Yes indeed............

Bourbon St Sooner
4/21/2009, 01:30 PM

*Mack* would have loved a Big 12 Championship indeed.

After much thought, and reflection on the many interesting and relevant points you have raised, I rate the season as more successful for *Texas*, based on achieving two of the Four Sacred Goals:

Win a major BCS Bowl: Check for *Texas*
Beat your most bitter rival: Check for *Texas*

Affectionately, yours.

Footballfanatic

Putting fake championship with asterisk on locker room wall: -2,000,000 pts for texass.

It looks like you guys still lose.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/21/2009, 03:11 PM

go play a nice quiet game of hide and go fugg yerself :) see theres a smiley too... enjoy.

to quote woody allen,

be fruitful and multiply.

CrimsonJim
4/21/2009, 03:38 PM
I would rather they just be fruitful. There's nuff of 'em already so no need for the multiplyin' part.

footballfanatic
4/21/2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by OUAlumni1990 View Post
"Florida would have curb stomped *Texas* and you know it."

We'll never know. They only played one common opponent. They each beat that common opponent handily, so it probably would have been a close game.

Harry Beanbag
4/21/2009, 07:21 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing with this troll.

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 07:45 PM
"Florida would have curb stomped **Texas** and you know it."

We'll never know. They only played one common opponent. They each beat that common opponent handily, so it probably would have been a close game.

beat handily? I thought both games were well into the 4th before the game was decided. Both were good, competitive games with all being top 5 teams, you can't argue that...

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 07:46 PM

got nothing else better to do....LOL

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 07:47 PM
"Florida would have curb stomped **Texas** and you know it."

You also need to learn how to use the "quote" button. Its that little red button in the lower right hand corner. Don't you horns know your internets??:texan:

footballfanatic
4/21/2009, 09:02 PM
beat handily? I thought both games were well into the 4th before the game was decided. Both were good, competitive games with all being top 5 teams, you can't argue that...

Truthfully, they were, at least until the fourth quarter. Both games raged back and forth well into the second half. But each game ended with one team increasingly dominating the conclusion. I don't know if OU didn't have the conditioning of the other teams, or the depth to sustain all the hard knocks, but there definitely was a "wilt" factor. And Bradford looked increasingly tentative and out of his comfort zone as the fourth quarter progressed.

Curly Bill
4/21/2009, 09:09 PM

I just keep neggin him, no arguing at all. :D

CrimsonJim
4/21/2009, 09:54 PM
Bill does maintain a unique way of getting his thoughts across. Subtle, yet deliberate none-the-less. Gotta respect that in a man. :)

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 10:40 PM
but there definitely was a "wilt" factor.

Yeah, I remember when Colt suffered the same "wilt" factor in the 2007 game. :)

Then, if we go back to 2003, we can talk about Vince Young and the "blowout" factor. LOL. It will be the day when Texas can put a butt whoopin like that on OU....

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 10:44 PM
Colt is definitely wilted and flaccid any time a defensive player looks at him crosseyed...you know "ouch...he hit me...HARD....wahhhh....throw a flag on that big brute!"

OUAlumni1990
4/21/2009, 11:10 PM
*Colt* is definitely wilted and flaccid any time a defensive player looks at him crosseyed...you know "ouch...he hit me...HARD....wahhhh....throw a flag on that big brute!"

LOL, what was it that the aggies starting calling him....Cart McCry, LOL

Crucifax Autumn
4/21/2009, 11:25 PM
I just say *****. It's easier to pronounce drunk.

Doyen
4/21/2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the reminder that, once again, *Texas* got screwed because of OU.

It makes my day a little brighter every single time.

:)

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 12:10 AM
Here, I will grade out the OU And Texas season from last year....

Oklahoma's Season:
http://i37.tinypic.com/10cpu89.jpg

Texasses Season:
http://www.designlessbetter.com/blogless/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dlb-asterick.png

Crucifax Autumn
4/22/2009, 12:17 AM
Awesome post 75!

I'd like to also point out that they are still them and we are STILL OU!!!!!!

I can't friggin' wait for the season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

footballfanatic
4/22/2009, 12:06 PM
*Colt* is definitely wilted and flaccid any time a defensive player looks at him crosseyed...you know "ouch...he hit me...HARD....wahhhh....throw a flag on that big brute!"

Bradford fourth quarter vs Texas.

McCoy fourth quarter vs Oklahoma.

footballfanatic
4/22/2009, 12:08 PM

Bradford fourth quarter vs Florida.

McCoy fourth quarter vs. Ohio State, with two
players who are going first round in this weekend's draft.

JLEW1818
4/22/2009, 12:17 PM
Ohio State is garbage

goingoneight
4/22/2009, 12:32 PM
Wow... I've heard it all now. A horn fan attempting to knock a QB who put five TDs on the board against his team.
You might want to talk about something that actually handicapped us... like Ryan Reynolds' ACL.

You folks can't seriously believe UF and OSU are of the same caliber football team. Really, whorns?

OU_Sooners75
4/22/2009, 01:01 PM
Bradford fourth quarter vs Florida.

McCoy fourth quarter vs. Ohio State, with two
players who are going first round in this weekend's draft.

Bradford's fourth quarter vs. Tech.
McCoy's fourth quarter vs. Tech.

Oh wait, I do not think Bradford had much of a fourth quarter since OU took care of them.

Lets make this clear for this Whorn fan. Everything that could go right for Texas last year when playing OU, went right. Everything that could go wrong (injuries, special teams, etc) did go wrong for OU when playing Texas.

So please stop trying to pimp Texass as being this great team from last year.

If it were not for Ryan Reynolds being kocked out and 1 KO return for a TD, OU would have won that game.

OUAlumni1990
4/22/2009, 03:44 PM
Lets make this clear for this Whorn fan. Everything that could go right for *Texas* last year when playing OU, went right. Everything that could go wrong (injuries, special teams, etc) did go wrong for OU when playing *Texas*.

Summed up perfectly

footballfanatic
4/22/2009, 03:45 PM
Bradford's fourth quarter vs. Tech.
McCoy's fourth quarter vs. Tech.

Oh wait, I do not think Bradford had much of a fourth quarter since OU took care of them.

Lets make this clear for this Whorn fan. Everything that could go right for *Texas* last year when playing OU, went right. Everything that could go wrong (injuries, special teams, etc) did go wrong for OU when playing *Texas*.

So please stop trying to pimp *Texas*s as being this great team from last year.

If it were not for Ryan Reynolds being kocked out and 1 KO return for a TD, OU would have won that game.
Some interesting thoughts put forth. I have two comments about your post.

"Everything that could go right for *Texas* last year when playing OU, went right. Everything that could go wrong (injuries, special teams, etc) did go wrong for OU when playing *Texas*."

This thought has a strange, passive quality to it. It seems to suggest that the special teams plays were random events, rather than the direct result of outstanding plays made by the team wearing orange. Why should they be held differently than other plays? Injuries are a random event, so this point I accept. But injuries are a normal part of the game, and great teams find a way to overcome them.

"If it were not for Ryan Reynolds being knocked out and 1 KO return for a TD, OU would have won that game."

You have absolutely no way of knowing what would have occurred. No one does. Ohio State fans are famous for comments like this. Not OU fans. Ryan Reynolds didn't play offense, so I'm not sure how his absence affected the pas protection breakdowns, or the lack of a running game. Again, the curious mention of the kick return. It was one big play, in a game full of them by both teams. But again, as I already noted, speculation about what might have occurred is pointless.

OUAlumni1990
4/22/2009, 03:49 PM
I thought even some Hook 'em fans acknowledged the fact that Hook 'em exploited the MLB position after Reynolds was hurt. Not that there is anything really wrong with that, exploitation is part of the game. But you have to admit the momentum changed after that...and the stats prove it.

OUAlumni1990
4/22/2009, 03:52 PM
And the fact that we curbed stomped (by more than a half hundred) the team that beat you, you lost your arguing power right there horn..

footballfanatic
4/22/2009, 03:53 PM

At least you made this humorous. I was talking more about the angry, youtube-level, devoid of any redeeming qualities whatsoever, posts.

footballfanatic
4/22/2009, 03:58 PM
I thought even some Hook 'em fans acknowledged the fact that Hook 'em exploited the MLB position after Reynolds was hurt. Not that there is anything really wrong with that, exploitation is part of the game. But you have to admit the momentum changed after that...and the stats prove it.

Yes, of course, we exploited that weakness. But someone else should have stepped up. The down lineman have to make more pressure. The defensive backs had to win more jump balls with our receivers. I promise you that your coach had something to say about that to the players after the game.

And if we are going to play the injury game, our only good tight end didn't play--he was out for the season. This fact, coupled with our incredibly mediocre running back corps makes Colt's performance in '08 even more amazing.

Desert Sapper
4/22/2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, of course, we exploited that weakness. But someone else should have stepped up.

I think this is pretty valid, but only from the perspective that we didn't have a #2 MLB that was ready to step up and play (or at least cover). McCoy is a very good QB and he took full advantage of anything and everything over the middle as soon as Reynolds showed he was injured.

I don't think it is valid to go back and turn the Big XII South into a two team race on the grounds that OU beat the **** out of the team that did beat Texas. How is Tech somehow not a part of the three-way tie? No Texas Tech = valid argument that Texas should have played for the Big XII. Tech changed the equation by remaining a 1-loss team even after being humiliated in Norman.

Texas was the better team that Saturday in October. Texas was not the better team at the end of the year.

goingoneight
4/22/2009, 09:59 PM
My question to Texas is this regarding Reynolds injury... how good is UT with, say... Sherrod Harris or Chiles taking over in the middle of the RRS? Reynolds isn't now, nor was he really ever going to be a HOF linebacker, but he was setting up to have a monster year at MLB, and got off to a ferocious start until the ACL tear sidelined him.

Now... to help UT's argument... yes... someone should have stepped up. Halzle, in that case, should have won the game at Tech in 2007 if you want to use that logic. Jevan Snead should have beaten Kansas State in 2006 if that was the case. Fact is we lost a stud linebacker who the defense centered around. He would have been key to OU's success, evident by the fact that he started at the most important position on the defense.

Stats and the naked eye proved that while it was a slow-learning process, eventually Austin Box caught on at MLB, then, he too got hurt (by a blatant cheap shot, FWIW). Mike Balogun had a nice game against UF considering he was a first-year guy making his first start in the biggest game in college football. MLB, like QB... is not some position you just "fill in." No position is when you're talking about a top-five matchup like OU/TX was. UT saw a safety valve to move the football in the form of a confused linebacker in way over his head, and they rode that horse to victory.

Then OSU showed they (Texaz) weren't exactly world-beaters. Then Tech happened. You can try to beat around the bush all you want to, but bottom line is Tech can throw a hissy fit if they want to regarding the three-way tie. The rule isn't retarded as you think... trust me, if the shoe was on the other foot you'd see it quite differently. By that I mean if you beat the BIG East Champion by 26 points, throttled a good TCU team and the only thing standing in between you and Kansas City was a bad game way back in October... you'd see it differently. The thing that's retarded is we knew full-well we'd hang 100 on Missouri if we were full-strength. We knew it and Missouri knew it. Why did two teams UT beat play for the conference title when UT had a beef that they should have been there? Good question.

Next question... why should a team like Tech go after being thoroughly dominated in all aspects of the game by Oklahoma? They did their part, right? How do we do this... OUr offense, your defense, their special teams square off in a battle royale? No... the rule was set in place that unfortunately for you... favored OU. They aren't going to tell Kansas next year... "sorry, ummm... you have more than one loss and we need to get another South team in the title game" should they win the north. They probably should, but won't. Why? Hell, I don't know... why don't we have playoffs yet?

BCS did the talking... not Stoops, not OU fans... just OU taking care of business the best they could. The computers... AND VOTERS, by the way put us in. What are you gonna do about it?

45-35, 39-33, 65-21... rock, paper, scissors. I'd have to guess we drew rock since in realtiy a rock ain't getting pwned by no paper or scissors.

OUmillenium
4/23/2009, 09:42 AM
And that my friends is the bottom line.

Funky G
4/23/2009, 11:54 AM
three way tie -- Tech beat Texas, then we demolished Tech, which all of a sudden made their defeat of Texas meaningless in the delusional eyes of the whining horns. There have been a few years when we beat Texas and they finished ahead of us in the polls. They are delusional pussies.

Funky G
4/23/2009, 11:58 AM
and, Tech dominated Texas for about 7/8 of the entire game.

footballfanatic
4/23/2009, 12:40 PM
My question to *Texas* is this regarding Reynolds injury... how good is UT with, say... Sherrod Harris or Chiles taking over in the middle of the RRS? Reynolds isn't now, nor was he really ever going to be a HOF linebacker, but he was setting up to have a monster year at MLB, and got off to a ferocious start until the ACL tear sidelined him.

Now... to help UT's argument... yes... someone should have stepped up. Halzle, in that case, should have won the game at Tech in 2007 if you want to use that logic. Jevan Snead should have beaten Kansas State in 2006 if that was the case. Fact is we lost a stud linebacker who the defense centered around. He would have been key to OU's success, evident by the fact that he started at the most important position on the defense.

Stats and the naked eye proved that while it was a slow-learning process, eventually Austin Box caught on at MLB, then, he too got hurt (by a blatant cheap shot, FWIW). Mike Balogun had a nice game against UF considering he was a first-year guy making his first start in the biggest game in college football. MLB, like QB... is not some position you just "fill in." No position is when you're talking about a top-five matchup like OU/TX was. UT saw a safety valve to move the football in the form of a confused linebacker in way over his head, and they rode that horse to victory.

Then OSU showed they (Texaz) weren't exactly world-beaters. Then Tech happened. You can try to beat around the bush all you want to, but bottom line is Tech can throw a hissy fit if they want to regarding the three-way tie. The rule isn't retarded as you think... trust me, if the shoe was on the other foot you'd see it quite differently. By that I mean if you beat the BIG East Champion by 26 points, throttled a good TCU team and the only thing standing in between you and Kansas City was a bad game way back in October... you'd see it differently. The thing that's retarded is we knew full-well we'd hang 100 on Missouri if we were full-strength. We knew it and Missouri knew it. Why did two teams UT beat play for the conference title when UT had a beef that they should have been there? Good question.

Next question... why should a team like Tech go after being thoroughly dominated in all aspects of the game by Oklahoma? They did their part, right? How do we do this... OUr offense, your defense, their special teams square off in a battle royale? No... the rule was set in place that unfortunately for you... favored OU. They aren't going to tell Kansas next year... "sorry, ummm... you have more than one loss and we need to get another South team in the title game" should they win the north. They probably should, but won't. Why? Hell, I don't know... why don't we have playoffs yet?

BCS did the talking... not Stoops, not OU fans... just OU taking care of business the best they could. The computers... AND VOTERS, by the way put us in. What are you gonna do about it?

45-35, 39-33, 65-21... rock, paper, scissors. I'd have to guess we drew rock since in realtiy a rock ain't getting pwned by no paper or scissors.
This is a good post, thanks. Middle linebacker is a key position. I'm not sure you can compare it to QB, but possibly, you can. Jevan Snead did everything he could to beat Kansas State, in that he put a ton of points on the board. It was the pathetic defensive effort that lost that game. MLB's control the middle of the field, but perhaps their role has been somewhat diminished role today. I'm not convinced it's THAT key. People certainly don't talk about MLB's on the same level of importance that QB's are.

Lastly, I am not sure why this thread keeps de-evolving in the Big 12 crown discussion. This thread is about the OU/Texas game. For the record, I have never been a huge proponent of the "we were robbed" argument--it doesn't get me anywhere. This was about the game last October. For the Tech game, OU played inspired football (just for the record, I watched that game with an OU family and had a great time, except for the now-infamous, pizza delivery debacle) Is OU better than Tech by that many points? They sure were that night. Next year, with the game in Lubbock, the tables may be changed. Maybe.

footballfanatic
4/23/2009, 02:18 PM
Wow... I've heard it all now. A horn fan attempting to knock a QB who put five TDs on the board against his team.
You might want to talk about something that actually handicapped us... like Ryan Reynolds' ACL.

You folks can't seriously believe UF and OSU are of the same caliber football team. Really, w*horns*?

Bradford had a great game...up until the fourth quarter.

He performance tapered off, and he lost his comfort zone during the last few drives. He had the same problem vs Florida. In both games, he got very quiet. He needs to develop a little more mental toughness to carry the team through adversity next year.

CrimsonJim
4/23/2009, 02:25 PM
Lastly, I am not sure why this thread keeps de-evolving in the Big 12 crown discussion. This thread is about the OU/**Texas** game.

FAIL! Reread the subject, it sez season, and the crown was part of the season.

footballfanatic
4/23/2009, 02:58 PM
FAIL! Reread the subject, it sez season, and the crown was part of the season.

Even if it was truly about the season, (which it's not) what does the tie-breaking politics have to do with performance?

CrimsonJim
4/23/2009, 03:37 PM
Even if it was truly about the season, (which it's not) what does the tie-breaking politics have to do with performance?

All I said was read the subject. I didn't say anything about tie-breakers or politics. Since you can't even read what the subject says, that does clarify why we haven't been able to get the obvious through to you. LOL....if memory serves, YOU made the damned subject.....and you can't even remember that. I give up. Yall have fun. Peace - I'm out.

Sooner70
4/24/2009, 05:42 AM
footballfanatic:

Who cares about how many bowl games Texas has won i recent history? Longhorn fans & that's about it. How many times has Texas been to the NC Big Dance in recent history? Once. How may times has OU-4. No doubt Texas has a good program, but it's not of the elite status yet. Mack has learned a lot from his coaching days at OU & he's learned even more from Stoops....but Texas ain't there yet...at least consistently. How many Big 12 Championships have they won in recent history? Heck, last year, Texas wasn't even the best team in Texas. That title goes to Texas Tech.

footballfanatic
4/24/2009, 11:01 AM
All I said was read the subject. I didn't say anything about tie-breakers or politics. Since you can't even read what the subject says, that does clarify why we haven't been able to get the obvious through to you. LOL....if memory serves, YOU made the damned subject.....and you can't even remember that. I give up. Yall have fun. Peace - I'm out.

Well, it takes about three seconds in my original posting to figure out that I wasn't really talking about the season. It was just a funny way to talk aboutthe game last October.

footballfanatic
4/24/2009, 11:03 AM
footballfanatic:

Who cares about how many bowl games *Texas* has won i recent history? Longhorn fans & that's about it. How many times has *Texas* been to the NC Big Dance in recent history? Once. How may times has OU-4. No doubt *Texas* has a good program, but it's not of the elite status yet. *Mack* has learned a lot from his coaching days at OU & he's learned even more from Stoops....but *Texas* ain't there yet...at least consistently. How many Big 12 Championships have they won in recent history? Heck, last year, *Texas* wasn't even the best team in *Texas*. That title goes to *Texas* Tech.

Good points here. But Tech the best team? They were the night they played Texas. But they really stunk up their finish. I was so bummed for them for the Cotton Bowl.

NormanPride
4/24/2009, 11:54 AM
No doubt. We killed both Harrell and Crabtree, and they struggled against Baylor the following week.

CrimsonJim
4/24/2009, 04:55 PM
Good points here. But Tech the best team? They were the night they played *Texas*. But they really stunk up their finish. I was so bummed for them for the Cotton Bowl.

Yep, I'm one of those that "generally speaking" root for our conference come bowl season, and I hated to see them lose that one against the mighty SEC-SEC-SEC!!!

aero
4/25/2009, 01:56 PM
Most BCS Games

Florida State 6
Oklahoma 6
Ohio State 6
USC 6
Florida 4
Miami (FL) 4
LSU 4
Michigan 4

Pretty elite list there. Hmmm. Who's missing? You gotta play in them if you want to have a chance to win. Even a whorn could figure out that if your in the Holiday or Cotton, your chances of winning a NC are pretty slim. Funny how teams that aren't used to being near the top don't know how to act. Guess you gotta make the most out of the short time your there. I think they still have mental scars of Jason taking a knee to keep the score at 65-13. Or was that Josh taking a knee to keep it 63-14. I always get those mixed up. Actually, I get the first 5 years of this decade mixed up. You know how those down decades are.

CrimsonJim
4/25/2009, 02:25 PM
^ Yeah, what he said! ^

footballfanatic
4/29/2009, 02:42 PM
Most BCS Games

Florida State 6
Oklahoma 6
Ohio State 6
USC 6
Florida 4
Miami (FL) 4
LSU 4
Michigan 4

Pretty elite list there. Hmmm. Who's missing? You gotta play in them if you want to have a chance to win. Even a whorn could figure out that if your in the Holiday or Cotton, your chances of winning a NC are pretty slim. Funny how teams that aren't used to being near the top don't know how to act. Guess you gotta make the most out of the short time your there. I think they still have mental scars of Jason taking a knee to keep the score at 65-13. Or was that Josh taking a knee to keep it 63-14. I always get those mixed up. Actually, I get the first 5 years of this decade mixed up. You know how those down decades are.

Fair point. May i suggest you create a new listing. BCS games WON. You will find that Texas is ahead of OU. 3-2.