PDA

View Full Version : "Shake-N-Bake" meth production?

Okla-homey
4/13/2009, 06:05 AM
We are experiencing a meth cooking renaissance here in Oklahoma, due to a new, easier to hide method.

The newsreaders on TV claim you can make meth with a few commonly available products and a 2 liter pop bottle.

discuss.

:pop:

OU4LIFE
4/13/2009, 07:25 AM
well, technically you'll need more than one 2-liter bottle.....

TUSooner
4/13/2009, 08:13 AM
If so, I should start reading about it at work soon. But so far, nothin. I'm aware of two methods, neither of which I can recall in any detail just now. Neither one seemed all that easy to conceal, although the method that uses anhydrous ammonia (?) seems to be the most conspicuous due to the smell. The other method uses "red (something - phosphorus?)" which I think is not exactly easy to get. There, aren't you impressed by my vast knowledge of illicit drug production? :rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/13/2009, 08:15 AM
...The other method uses "red (something - phosphorus?)" which I think is not exactly easy to get.

Not to mention toxic...

Its used in rat and cockroach poisons, matches, pesticides, fertilizers, smoke bombs, tracer shells and incendiary shells.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/13/2009, 08:37 AM
red devil lye

OU4LIFE
4/13/2009, 09:38 AM
SCORE!

what was that?...

OU4LIFE
4/13/2009, 09:39 AM
who's there?

theresonly1OU
4/13/2009, 09:39 AM
Basically, the shake-n-bake, or one pot method, involves putting pseudoephedrine (the active ingredient in some cold medicines, and the main ingredient needed to make meth) and other secondary ingredients into a 2 liter bottle, shaking the bottle to produce heat, therefore cooking the extra oxygen molecule off the pseudoephedrine, and causing the primary chemical reaction that produces meth.

This method of cooking has been around a long time, but we in law enforcement haven't seen it much up to now because it is a much more dangerous way to cook meth, as there is a MUCH higher chance for error during the cooking process than there is in traditional lab cooks.

badger
4/13/2009, 09:50 AM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090413_298_0_SANDSP424002)'s one that just happened this morning :rolleyes:

STOP MAKING METH, people!

47straight
4/13/2009, 10:56 AM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090413_298_0_SANDSP424002)'s one that just happened this morning :rolleyes:

Is it wrong to think that dude *looks* like a meth cooker?

badger
4/13/2009, 11:08 AM
No, it's not wrong at all... call it druggie profiling :rolleyes:

I am about to go all Samuel L. Jackson, because I just heard about another meth lab getting discovered... aww, eff it, here goes...

That is it! I have HAD it with these muthaf***in' meth labs in this muthaf***in' state! :mad:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/13/2009, 12:28 PM

Sham WoW???

TheHumanAlphabet
4/13/2009, 12:29 PM
No, it's not wrong at all... call it druggie profiling :rolleyes:

I am about to go all Samuel L. Jackson, because I just heard about another meth lab getting discovered... aww, eff it, here goes...

That is it! I have HAD it with these muthaf***in' meth labs in this muthaf***in' state! :mad:

I thought limiting pseudo-stuff and writing down licenses and stuff to buy it fixed it???

StoopTroup
4/13/2009, 12:36 PM
Don't wait until your kid looks like he opened a meth lab to do something. It will be to late.

theresonly1OU
4/13/2009, 03:11 PM
Don't wait until your kid looks like he opened a meth lab to do something. It will be to late.

Great point.

Parents should really utilize sites like those hosted by the montana meth project. They have some really hard-hitting commercial spots that show exactly what it's like being on meth. Most people have no idea what this drug does to you on a chemical level; it destroys you so fast that most people, when addicted, never make a full recovery.

KC//CRIMSON
4/13/2009, 03:27 PM
We should merge this with the Breaking Bad thread.....

AlbqSooner
4/13/2009, 08:47 PM
Apparently the meth cooks prefer any battery over Energizer. They pull the lithium strip from the battery and drop it into the soda bottle cooker. Seems that Energizer is the one most likely to burst into flames.

Interesting observation from a friend in prosecution. Meth is a non-black problem. Blacks do crack. Rednecks do meth.

soonerboomer93
4/13/2009, 08:56 PM

Quit hogging it all

mdklatt
4/13/2009, 09:36 PM

Isn't that Vox Day?

setem
4/14/2009, 12:42 AM
I had class with a guy who thought I knew how to score meth.

I have never done drugs in my life! I think he might have been a narc or something. Because he always asked me if I knew how to score different types of drugs. One day I was like "Bro! I know you can get super high for free!" He jumped at opportunity and I says to him..."You aught take the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior!"

He never asked me again!

47straight
4/14/2009, 08:24 AM
I had class with a guy who thought I knew how to score meth.

I have never done drugs in my life! I think he might have been a narc or something. Because he always asked me if I knew how to score different types of drugs. One day I was like "Bro! I know you can get super high for free!" He jumped at opportunity and I says to him..."You aught take the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior!"

He never asked me again!

Do you look like a meth dealer?

Okla-homey
4/14/2009, 09:51 AM
Apparently the meth cooks prefer any battery over Energizer. They pull the lithium strip from the battery and drop it into the soda bottle cooker. Seems that Energizer is the one most likely to burst into flames.

Interesting observation from a friend in prosecution. Meth is a non-black problem. Blacks do crack. Rednecks do meth.

Meth is a huge problem in Indian Country. just saying.

SouthFortySooner
4/14/2009, 10:47 AM

I call it, "inappropriate enthusiasm". I mean, really, it is not that exciting pumpin gas is it dude? :mad: