PDA

View Full Version : If Ya are Or Ya Know a vet

olevetonahill
4/12/2009, 04:07 AM
Please dont let em hit the Dirt without all they are Due .
http://www.militaryfuneralhonors.osd.mil/linkpage.html

Okla-homey
4/12/2009, 07:25 PM
Please dont let em hit the Dirt without all they are Due .
http://www.militaryfuneralhonors.osd.mil/linkpage.html

I've asked the Mrs. and my daugher to plant me at Arlington. IMHO, that's the most sacred square mile in the whole country. horse-drawn caisson, the full meal deal.

The frau and I are allowed to share a plot. They go eight feet for the first to kick, then put the other on top when that one kicks. Mr's name on one side of the marker, Mrs. on the other.

We just gotta be sure one of us dies before 2045 when they are predicting it'll be full. That would mean we'd both have to make it past 95 to get aced-out.

SoonerStormchaser
4/12/2009, 07:40 PM
I've asked the Mrs. and my daugher to plant me at Arlington. IMHO, that's the most sacred square mile in the whole country. horse-drawn caisson, the full meal deal.

The frau and I are allowed to share a plot. They go eight feet for the first to kick, then put the other on top when that one kicks. Mr's name on one side of the marker, Mrs. on the other.

We just gotta be sure one of us dies before 2045 when they are predicting it'll be full. That would mean we'd both have to make it past 95 to get aced-out.

I've got the same plan, should I die on active duty...so long as Carolyn can be buried with me.
Otherwise, as long as I get full military honors, we're good wherever I'm buried.

Okla-homey
4/12/2009, 07:48 PM
I've got the same plan, should I die on active duty...so long as Carolyn can be buried with me.
Otherwise, as long as I get full military honors, we're good wherever I'm buried.

As I understand the rules for Arlington, you have to die on active duty under honorable circumstances or be retired when you kick. As far as the spouse goes, if you are still married to her when you buy the farm, and she doesn't re-marry before she croaks, she gets to share your grave if she desires.

If she dies before you and you are retired, she can be buried there. I don't know if they'll let her be buried there if she dies while you're on AD.

SoonerStormchaser
4/12/2009, 10:16 PM
Yah, I figured that...(we just had our wills/living wills redone since I'm out the door in another week)...but what does it matter? I won't care, I'll be dead.

theresonly1OU
4/12/2009, 11:09 PM
God willing, you all will have long prosperous lives.

Thanks for your service, gentlemen.

StoopTroup
4/12/2009, 11:13 PM
Homey....

You and the Mrs. gonna flip a coin for who gets top bunk? :D ;)

SoonerStormchaser
4/13/2009, 06:44 AM
Actually, I believe it's illegal for anyone to be buried on top of a veteran.

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2009, 07:49 AM
I'd prefer the Mrs. on top. :)

SoonerStormchaser
4/13/2009, 08:28 AM
I bet you would...

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2009, 09:45 PM
We did a couple of funerals for vets over our fantail. Short and sweet, just like they wanted them.