PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game Today....

Al Gore
4/11/2009, 09:59 PM
Just got home from the Spring Game today.....a few thoughts...

Wort is a beast. I have never seen a youngster play this good this early. He is going to be a special player. He had 3 great hits and has good speed. JR Bryant looked very fast.

Jackson and Franks could be the best corners in D1 next year.

The line did not play well. I noticed Jones and Good did not play. Maybe our D-line is just that good?

Ibiloye looked good. He has got to be over 6-4. He sure can jump!!!

The young backs did not look so good. Maybe it was the line play because they were first touched in the backfield on many plays? When Madu went in for a series, he looked fast and made good cuts.

Murry sure has put on some weight. He looks 15 to 20 pounds heavier than last year.

Beal sure comes off the edge quickly.

What is the deal with the kicking game? You would think we could sign the best kicker in the country? Way had a couple of good punts then the rest were not good.

Tennell had a great TD catch over Jackson. Really got up in the air.

Flagstaffsooner
4/11/2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the info. The O line really worries me.

Al Gore
4/11/2009, 10:09 PM
How could I forget Frank Alexander.....he was also a beast....

Al Gore
4/11/2009, 10:11 PM
I hope Good and Jones being back in the lineup will help...Don't we also have a couple of JC's coming in?

Jboozer
4/11/2009, 10:43 PM
I think we really can't tell how good the O line is.... The D line will be special. Those guys are without a doubt the strength of the team

stoops the eternal pimp
4/11/2009, 10:48 PM
I think we really can't tell how good the O line is.... The D line will be special. Those guys are without a doubt the strength of the team

Right...The defense has the upperhand in these things since they know pretty much whats coming..hard to say

JLEW1818
4/12/2009, 01:36 AM
Right...The defense has the upperhand in these things since they know pretty much whats coming..hard to say

Exactly.. I've always heard if your defense gets killed in a spring game, you are going to have some problems in the fall.

And last year i think Bradford threw like 3 picks or something...

So I think we are good.

jumperstop
4/12/2009, 02:16 AM
article on the game if anyone is interested...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/04/11/Oklahoma.spring.ap/index.html

MojoRisen
4/12/2009, 11:47 AM
Bradford went 11-13 and a touchdown - I think we will be alright. We had to let the young guys work... We had to test the O-line. The passing game will open up the run - when we play for real...

I hope Murray comes back still running a 4-5/4-6.. I don't think anyone can touch his spring game from a couple of years ago - 4 carries 105 yards

TR20
4/12/2009, 01:39 PM
Ronnell Lewis looked very fast and very physical. JR Bryant looked good as well.

ashley
4/12/2009, 07:47 PM
Did I say Tom Wort a couple of weeks ago?

SoonerDood
4/12/2009, 07:48 PM
How could I forget Frank Alexander.....he was also a beast....

From now on, he will be referred to as "Freak" Alexander.

sooner94
4/13/2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like we have some playmakers on D.

Stoops has said after several scrimmages in the past that the D has an advantage because they know the plays that are being run. Also, Good and Jones were held out of the scrimmage, and they will be starters (at least Good will from what I hear).

Loved Sammy's numbers. That kid is amazing.

soonerfan28
4/13/2009, 11:51 AM
I think Tom Wort will easily be able to step in once we lose Clayton and T. Lewis. I had no doubt they would RS Wort before the spring game, but now I can't see how you don't put him on kickoffs. The guy is a bullet that hits like a truck.

ashley
4/13/2009, 04:41 PM
The coaches are saying privately that he will play a lot more than on kickoff's.

Al Gore
4/13/2009, 08:20 PM
The coaches are saying privately that he will play a lot more than on kickoff's.
I agree.....he was laying some wood. Very impressed with his hits and he should still be in high school!!!!