PDA

View Full Version : What is this board coming to?

GottaHavePride
4/11/2009, 07:01 PM
How many hours has it been and no report yet from the Red/White Game? Y'all are slipping.

colinreturn
4/11/2009, 07:44 PM
i was about to post a topic with the same subject.

SOONER STEAKER
4/11/2009, 08:01 PM
I think everyone is still at O'Connell's having a brew.

swardboy
4/11/2009, 08:42 PM
I can't stand people who have a life....

sooner KB
4/11/2009, 09:27 PM
The offense looked horrible, mainly because of the offensive line. The QB's (mainly Jones and Allen) had no time to throw, and it seemed like Calhoun and Johnson averaged about -2 yards a carry. Allen threw into coverage basically every single pass play, though I do remember him completing one pass.

StoopTroup
4/11/2009, 09:43 PM

stoops the eternal pimp
4/11/2009, 10:56 PM
I have never been to a red white where the offense didn't look bad...

jumperstop
4/12/2009, 02:01 AM
hey remember last year when bradford had three int's cause the wind and all, look how good that offense turned out. red-white games should be dominated by the defense or there should be something to worry about. i'm not saying the o-line did awesome, but they were playing the ou defense who also knew what plays they were running. the kicking game is what worries me. some ok kicks every once and a while, but overall inconsistent. hopefullythe easly kid turns out to be as good as promised.

sooner KB
4/12/2009, 01:06 PM
I have never been to a red white where the offense didn't look bad...

Yeah I know, but it seemed much worse this time. Drew Allen completed 4 of 14 passes (28%), Justin Johnson gained 4 yards on 14 carries. And you can't get a full picture just by reading the stats, for instance if you were there you would have noticed the QB's had absolutely no time to throw the ball play after play. I'm not saying it's a sign that our offense will be really bad this season, because we did have a lot of starters out, but I just think we have some legitimate concerns with the offensive line.

oumartin
4/12/2009, 05:20 PM
how bad is it gonna be when they admit the o-line isn't very good yet. Heck they have talked up the line for the past 5 years and it would get dominated by any team with some speed on the corners. Or, just maybe this line will turn out ok.