PDA

View Full Version : Production to start on film being shot in Oklahoma...starring Affleck

BudSooner
4/11/2009, 04:46 PM
Heh, Casey...not Ben and it also has Kate Hudson and Jessica Alba.
Being shot in OKC, Tulsa and surrounding areas.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10167499

Collier11
4/11/2009, 10:45 PM
I heard about this, kind of cool. They are doing some shooting in Guthrie, a guy who works with my gf has a son who is getting into acting and he tried out for the child version of Casey Affleck but didnt get it

BudSooner
4/12/2009, 09:06 AM
Just a side note, not to take away from this movie, but after reading AICN this morning.....and perhaps LAS can help me out on this but one movie that Spielberg made that he has never been able to top in regards to it's effect on the movie culture(Schindlers List not included due to obvious reasons)and American culture as a whole.....Jaws.

Think about it, for all the aliens he has made, the many adventures of everyones favorite Archeologist, all those many films...Jaws had a deep effect on everyone that saw it.

There are people to this day who will not go into the water for fear there is a shark down there ready to dine, Kevin Smith said Jaws alone was the reason he got into filmaking, Zach Snyder gave props to Spielberg for inspiring him....big blue shark=big blue schlong? :D

It was the first modern blockbuster of our generation, it has it's flaws but for a shark made of fiberglass/steel.....it has sure scared it's share of people over the past 34yrs.

JEEZ, I was 6 when I saw it....no wonder i'm so ****ed up.:D|

LosAngelesSooner
4/12/2009, 05:20 PM
Uhm...E.T.?

Close Encounters?

And, as a producer...Poltergeist?

NYC Poke
4/12/2009, 05:36 PM
The Killer Inside Me is a great book, btw. I'm glad to see they're making it into a movie. I hope they don't screw it up.

BudSooner
4/12/2009, 06:42 PM
Uhm...E.T.? ---------close

Close Encounters? -------bad timing, it was overshadowed by that other film of the day Star Wars.

And, as a producer...Poltergeist? ---------You have got to be kidding me, right? The story sucked, and if it not for JoBeth and Craig T Nelson, then this thing would likely have been a turd in the punch bowl, nice on tv but it didn't have the sucker punch effect Jaws did.

Made on a budget that most films today spend on toilet paper, well damn near, but had the power to scare the **** out of it's audience but draw those same people back to the theatres again and again.

TopDawg
4/12/2009, 08:58 PM
They are doing some shooting in Guthrie,

Nothin' new for Guthrie. Maybe you've heard of Rain Man. Or Twister. And I hardly even need to mention Public Enemies, starring Alyssa Milano, Julia Roberts*, Sylvester Stallone*, Dan "MTV Sports!" Cortese, and one of my ex-girlfriends.

*'s brother

LosAngelesSooner
4/12/2009, 11:51 PM
Uhm...E.T.? ---------close

Close Encounters? -------bad timing, it was overshadowed by that other film of the day Star Wars.

And, as a producer...Poltergeist? ---------You have got to be kidding me, right? The story sucked, and if it not for JoBeth and Craig T Nelson, then this thing would likely have been a turd in the punch bowl, nice on tv but it didn't have the sucker punch effect Jaws did.

Made on a budget that most films today spend on toilet paper, well damn near, but had the power to scare the **** out of it's audience but draw those same people back to the theatres again and again.
I think you're speaking from "personal experience" on how the movie effected YOU.

From a cinemamatological standpoint (I just made up a word), ET was far superior and more influential than Jaws.

From a Box Office Gross standpoint, it's not even close: Domestic Gross - ET = $434,949,459 Jaws = $260,000,000

Worldwide - ET = $756,700,000 Jaws = $470,600,000

Adjusted Gross - ET = $1,018,514,100 Jaws = $919,605,900

StoopTroup
4/12/2009, 11:58 PM
Jaws has the unfortunate problem of being a horror film based on a real predator...where ET was more of a feel good kids movie based on our society's desire to dissect every living thing we can get a hold of to figure out what kills it. :D

StoopTroup
4/13/2009, 12:02 AM
Also....I got a lot more tittie from my girlfriend squeezing me during Jaws.

BudSooner
4/13/2009, 08:37 AM
Jaws has the unfortunate problem of being a horror film based on a real predator...where ET was more of a feel good kids movie based on our society's desire to dissect every living thing we can get a hold of to figure out what kills it. :D

Shoulda fed E.T. to Bruce the shark.:D