PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of Lexus SUV's are primarily driven by blond women?

royalfan5
4/11/2009, 03:09 PM
It has to be somewhere in the 90% range doesn't it?

Frozen Sooner
4/11/2009, 03:16 PM
Don't know what it is, but I absolutely can't stand the styling on those things. I recognize that I'm probably in the minority on that.

royalfan5
4/11/2009, 03:22 PM
Don't know what it is, but I absolutely can't stand the styling on those things. I recognize that I'm probably in the minority on that.

Apparently folks love them here, they are everywhere in Lincoln. There are 4 just in my half of the apartment garage. Last year I dated a girl whose Daddy bought her one, and she never understood why people made fun of her soccer mom-mobile. She was blond, but only 24.

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 03:26 PM
my dad's wife has one and i've driven it a few times. they are total "girl cars"....the inside styling and such. it's just the sedan jacked up a bit.

not at all like driving a truck.

bluedogok
4/11/2009, 06:33 PM
Is it the RX variant? Those are the Camry platform which is shared amongst the Toyota Highlander SUV, the Lexus ES sedan and RX SUV. I wouldn't say blond but it seems to be definitely a more "female" oriented platform as most of the people that I have known driving them have been female.

royalfan5
4/11/2009, 07:02 PM
Is it the RX variant? Those are the Camry platform which is shared amongst the Toyota Highlander SUV, the Lexus ES sedan and RX SUV. I wouldn't say blond but it seems to be definitely a more "female" oriented platform as most of the people that I have known driving them have been female.

Mostly RX, but the GX is pretty popular up here too.

crawfish
4/11/2009, 08:37 PM
There is no driver more dangerous that the trophy wife in a white Lexus SUV talking on the cell phone at the Southlake Town Center. Bar none.

(Almost got killed to two yesterday.)

bluedogok
4/11/2009, 08:39 PM
The GX is built off the Tundra platform like the Sequoia, so it should be more "truck-like" than the car platform SUV's.

SoonerStormchaser
4/11/2009, 08:41 PM
She was blond, but only 24.

WTF?!?!?!? :eek: You should aspire for higher standards, like me!

OUAlumni1990
4/11/2009, 11:03 PM
I would say its ALL Lexus models and not just the SUV's.

Others that drive a Lexus: old rich people and gay dudes.

OUAlumni1990
4/11/2009, 11:07 PM
it's just the sedan jacked up a bit.

A waste of money in my opinion too! All they are are Toyota Camrys with a bunch of extra dud-ads and 15k tacked onto the sticker. Those japs have some of us figured out, too much money and no brains...

King Crimson
4/12/2009, 05:51 AM
A waste of money in my opinion too! All they are are Toyota Camrys with a bunch of extra dud-ads and 15k tacked onto the sticker. Those japs have some of us figured out, too much money and no brains...

lot of cosmetic plastic too. on the dash and around the wheel. i was surprised at what a sucktastic ride it was. my pops drives the v8 Volvo S80 and that's a nice car to drive compared to the Lexus, which is an overpriced piece of eye candy (with a lot of cheap plastic).

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2009, 08:52 AM
It's the mom equivalent to the Eclipse.

VeeJay
4/12/2009, 02:08 PM
Guys driving mini-vans always haul *** on the freeway. I have to assume they're driving their wife's car for whatever reason. And they don't want to be spotted, so they pass you with a blur.

Curly Bill
4/12/2009, 02:30 PM
If I've ever seen a mini-van exceeding the speed limit I don't recall it. :P

crawfish
4/12/2009, 03:03 PM
There is no driver more dangerous that the trophy wife in a white Lexus SUV talking on the cell phone at the Southlake Town Center. Bar none.

(Almost got killed to two yesterday.)

I was actually exaggerating here. One was in a white Escalade...

bluedogok
4/12/2009, 03:03 PM
Guys driving mini-vans always haul *** on the freeway. I have to assume they're driving their wife's car for whatever reason. And they don't want to be spotted, so they pass you with a blur.
It seems minivan and Suburban drivers fall into two categories, those that think they are driving a Corvette or the ones that are driving Grandma's Buick.