PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see Obama's taking the economic situation seriously

theresonly1OU
4/10/2009, 10:09 AM
Obamas fly in chef 860 miles... just to make pizza
By Mail Foreign Service

When you're the president of the United States, only the best pizza will do - even if that means flying a chef 860 miles.
Chris Sommers, 33, jetted into Washington from St Louis, Missouri, on Thursday with a suitcase of dough, cheese and pans to to prepare food for the Obamas and their staff.
He had apparently been handpicked after the President had tasted his pizzas on the campaign trail last autumn.

Great honour: Chris Sommers will make 20 pizzas for the Obamas and their staff at a White House dinner
'It's surreal, it's a huge honour,' said Mr Sommers, who owns Pi restaurant in St Louis.
'It will be a casual lunch and hopefully we'll have a chance to say hello to the president.'
Mr Somers was accompanied by this business parnter Ryan Mangilardo who will help prepare the dinner for 140 this evening.
It will feature his signature dishes - ten deep dish and ten thin crust creations.
He is also planning a pizza especially for the president - the Hyde Park topped with chicken and hot sauce

link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1168940/Obamas-fly-chef-860-miles-White-House--just-make-pizza.html)

Because nothing says "I'm spending your children's future wisely" like flying someone over 850 miles for their pizza.

Awesome.

XingTheRubicon
4/10/2009, 10:17 AM
Least moronic executive order yet.

sooner_born_1960
4/10/2009, 10:19 AM
So, each pizza has to feed seven people? Hope they stop by Burger King before dinner.

Vaevictis
4/10/2009, 10:20 AM
I'm glad to see you guys are focusing on the important stuff.

'cuz, you know, $1000 to fly in two chefs to feed 140 people? Yeah, that's a budget buster alright.

sooner_born_1960
4/10/2009, 10:23 AM
It's symbolic. Kinda like going after the bonuses the AIG guys got.

Howzit
4/10/2009, 10:25 AM
Elitism in Washington is coming to an end...right after pizza.

Vaevictis
4/10/2009, 10:27 AM
It's symbolic. Kinda like going after the bonuses the AIG guys got.

Sure, whatever. It's a dinner for 140 people hosted by the POTUS.

I'm thinking that the plane fare is the least of the expenses.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2009, 10:38 AM
This is what you people have to complain about?

King Crimson
4/10/2009, 10:42 AM
Obama=Pure Evil.

and if you could make Pure Evil hypocritical, Obama does that too.

sooner_born_1960
4/10/2009, 10:47 AM
He makes, what, a half a million. I'm sure he can afford it.

jdsooner
4/10/2009, 11:03 AM
I'll have to try that pizza place the next time I go to St. Louis.

My Opinion Matters
4/10/2009, 11:06 AM
Obama eats pizza? I thought he only ate the souls of Christians and washed it down with the blood of the unborn.

BudSooner
4/10/2009, 11:06 AM
Least moronic executive order yet.

Well, just to refresh your memory, the Big 3 execs were told to DRIVE to Washington instead of using the corporate jet when meeting to discuss a bailout plan.

Unless it is something HE is paying for, then who gives a **** but if the tax payer is paying for it...then he can just go to the grocery store and get a Tony's pizza. Or Papa Johns.
Nice to see what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Scott D
4/10/2009, 11:55 AM
IN SOVIET RUSSIA PIZZA FLY IN TO YOU!

MojoRisen
4/10/2009, 12:33 PM
What a dooshbag- does he think he is elvis???

Condescending Sooner
4/10/2009, 01:01 PM

Just pointing out the hypocracy. Just like Al Gore, preaching to everybody about global warning and what actions they must take, then building a huge mansion.

Obama told GM and Chrysler how to run their business and what models to discontinue, yet he can fly people across the country for freakin pizza.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:03 PM
That's why we can just ignore the dumas (our current POTUS) in good conscious. ;)

StoopTroup
4/10/2009, 01:21 PM
Nothing like flying AF1 and the White House Staff / Secret Service to Texas for a photo op of the President clear out some brush.

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/bush_brush.jpg

StoopTroup
4/10/2009, 01:24 PM
I still wonder how much Cheney cost the U.S. for shooting his buddy in the face.

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:26 PM
Nothing like flying AF1 and the White House Staff / Secret Service to *Texas* for a photo op of the President clear out some brush.

I get that Bush was an idiot, but how does it help Brack by pointing out that he and Bush have done basically the same type things? Doesn't that make Brack look like the same ol' dumas that Bush was?

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:27 PM
Seriously, there has to be a better way of defending the current POTUS then to point out that Bush did the same things...right?

MojoRisen
4/10/2009, 01:27 PM
Nothing like flying AF1 and the White House Staff / Secret Service to *Texas* for a photo op of the President clear out some brush.

Looks like he is drinking again and listning to the Doors!

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:42 PM
link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1168940/Obamas-fly-chef-860-miles-White-House--just-make-pizza.html)

Because nothing says "I'm spending your children's future wisely" like flying someone over 850 miles for their pizza.

Awesome.

THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW!!

Good job, King of Siam.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:45 PM

well that, and teleprompters......

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:46 PM
That's why we can just ignore the dumas (our current POTUS) in good conscious. ;)

Funny, you can't seem to ignore any threads with his name in it.....

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:47 PM
well that, and teleprompters......

I'm really more pissed that Brack has been portrayed as a decent basketball player, when in fact he appears to suck.

Vaevictis
4/10/2009, 01:49 PM
Seriously, there has to be a better way of defending the current POTUS then to point out that Bush did the same things...right?

Hell, it's not just that Bush did the same things. It's that every President pretty much forever has done this sort of thing. It's not just our Presidents, it's standard for all heads of state, everywhere.

You have a big dinner party as a head of state, you're not serving Luby's or Domino's. You're usually having a chef handle the event, and that chef might be local -- or not.

I dunno. I mean, go ahead and nitpick over this if you want, but I'll be over here nitpicking about stuff that might actually matter, like how his Justice Department is busy defending warrantless wiretaps, the deficit, etc.

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:50 PM
Funny, you can't seem to ignore any threads with his name in it.....

...but I can in good conscious ignore any helpful hints he might have for how I might live my life. I guess my point was too complicated for you?

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:50 PM
Hell, it's not just that Bush did the same things. It's that every President pretty much forever has done this sort of thing. It's not just our Presidents, it's standard for all heads of state, everywhere.

You have a big dinner party as a head of state, you're not serving Luby's or Domino's. You're usually having a chef handle the event, and that chef might be local -- or not.

I dunno. I mean, go ahead and nitpick over this if you want, but I'll be over here nitpicking about stuff that might actually matter, like how his Justice Department is busy defending warrantless wiretaps, the deficit, etc.

but...but...but...Brack promised us CHANGE!

yermom
4/10/2009, 01:53 PM
no snickering about the chicken and hot sauce? :O

something tells me this meal isn't exactly breaking the bank in comparison to anythng going on in DC

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:53 PM
...but I can in good conscious ignore any helpful hints he might have for how I might live my life. I guess my point was too complicated for you?

As anyone ever called you simple?

I'm guessing, yes.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:54 PM
I'm really more pissed that Brack has been portrayed as a decent basketball player, when in fact he appears to suck.

I'm pretty confident he would give Tony Crocker a better game than you.

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:55 PM
As anyone ever called you simple?

I'm guessing, yes.

LOL

Got your feelers hurt again huh, and lashing out at the big bad bully?

Reminds you of high school doesn't it? :D

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty confident he would give Tony Crocker a better game than you.

Oh, if you had a clue. :O

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:57 PM
Hey KC wanna call my mom some names now...

...or talk about how your dad can beat up my dad?

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:57 PM
LOL

Got your feelers hurt again huh, and lashing out at the big bad bully?

Reminds you of high school doesn't it? :D

Hardly. See what I mean by simple?

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:58 PM
Hardly. See what I mean by simple?

It's sad that you're trying so hard...I see that. :P

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 01:58 PM
Hey KC wanna call my mom some names now...

...or talk about how your dad can beat up my dad?

Simple strikes again.

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 01:59 PM
Simple strikes again.

See above post where I pointed out you were trying too hard. :D

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 02:22 PM
Oh, if you had a clue. :O

Yeah, because some forty three year old has been with eight thousand plus posts on a message board is going to give a D-1 starting college basketball player on scholarship a run for his money, right?

If I remember correctly, you made the same prediction over on the basketball forum and got laughed off the board. Reality is a tough pill to swallow, champ.

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 02:27 PM
23 minutes and this is the best you could do?

You are a riot.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 02:30 PM
23 minutes and this is the best you could do?

You are a riot.

Not as big a riot as your basketball skills, champ.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2009, 02:30 PM
I'm going to request both of you stop posting in this thread.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 02:32 PM
I'm going to request both of you stop posting in this thread.

Curly won't stop posting until the NBA draft...

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 02:33 PM
Not as big a riot as your basketball skills, champ.

WOW! This is it? This is all you got at this point?

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 02:34 PM
WOW! This is it? This is all you got at this point?

I have a Wilson basketball, can I get your autograph?

Curly Bill
4/10/2009, 02:37 PM
I have a Wilson basketball, can I get your autograph?

Yeah, and then is your dad gonna beat mine up? :P

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, and then is your dad gonna beat mine up? :P

Three minutes and this is the best you could do?

Frozen Sooner
4/10/2009, 02:39 PM
You're both under three inches.

There.