PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to feel like Larry David

King Crimson
4/9/2009, 09:20 AM
OK, what's with people who are nazis about the rubber stick you use to divide *your* purchases from *my* purchases at the grocery store checkout?

like even though my stuff is almost 2 feet from your stuff (and still in the basket), if you don't scurry like a spasmodic weasel once the conveyor starts to move to grab the stick and slap it down with weird, creepy xenophobic drama in the 2 feet of empty space between mine and yours.....as if SOMEHOW i'm going to sneak my expensive items into your pile and then, after you've unwittingly paid for them, get them back into my stuff?

wtf?

Harry Beanbag
4/9/2009, 05:38 PM
I think people's thinking in doing that is to prevent the inattentive sales clerk from letting the conveyor belt continue to run and not noticing there used to be a gap there. I used to not use the thing either, but I got tired of the clerk ****ing up and then everybody having to wait while she called her manager over to void something out.

Crucifax Autumn
4/9/2009, 07:28 PM
The Wal Mart near my home doesn't have those dividers. The weirdos shopping there do goofy crap like lay their arm in the gap or stand there wild eyed watching for their last item and turn and point and say "that's there's!".

NYC Poke
4/9/2009, 07:35 PM
Can you gamble at Wal Mart there?

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2009, 07:36 PM
OK, what's with people who are nazis about the rubber stick you use to divide *your* purchases from *my* purchases at the grocery store checkout?

like even though my stuff is almost 2 feet from your stuff (and still in the basket), if you don't scurry like a spasmodic weasel once the conveyor starts to move to grab the stick and slap it down with weird, creepy xenophobic drama in the 2 feet of empty space between mine and yours.....as if SOMEHOW i'm going to sneak my expensive items into your pile and then, after you've unwittingly paid for them, get them back into my stuff?

wtf?

I throw 'em down as soon as I'm done putting my stuff on the conveyor belt to let the person behind me know "OK, I'm done putting my stuff on here, go ahead."

Wasn't aware that this was rude or anything, I was just trying to be helpful.

Crucifax Autumn
4/9/2009, 10:31 PM
Can you gamble at Wal Mart there?

That's one of the few places you can't. The other grocery store chains and local stores all have a bunch of machines. 99% of the convenience stores have 5-10 machines and there's like 8 in the office of my apartments!

King Crimson
4/10/2009, 07:10 AM
I throw 'em down as soon as I'm done putting my stuff on the conveyor belt to let the person behind me know "OK, I'm done putting my stuff on here, go ahead."

Wasn't aware that this was rude or anything, I was just trying to be helpful.

it's more *how* people do it, a stylistic thing that turns a would-be socially considerate act into a needless paranoid drama.

lexsooner
4/10/2009, 08:46 AM

wtf?

I really think people do this because the checkers sometimes accidentally scan items from the next shopper's items. It has happened enough that people are extra diligent to grab that stick.

If you were Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm, you would give the guy behind you in line a hard time, and then later it would turn out that guy is a fill-in dentist who has to drill your aching tooth, or your new doctor who gives you a prostate exam later the same day.

yermom
4/10/2009, 08:56 AM
and then he would do it to someone else and they would give him crap about it

King Crimson
4/10/2009, 09:40 AM
I know why people do it....it's HOW they do it at my store. screw all y'all. :D

Hot Rod
4/10/2009, 10:28 AM
I understand your point Crimson. It's not like we're grabbing random things and trying to get others to accidentally purchase them.

It's good to know that these sticks are bringing us together though.

VeeJay
4/11/2009, 03:33 PM
You could take one of those sticks and beat the hell out of somebody in line, ya know. Just sayin'.

Curly Bill
4/11/2009, 04:08 PM
I need to go to the store...

...but I'm afraid I'll misuse "the stick" and create some sort of incident. :O

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 04:12 PM
I need to go to the store...

...but I'm afraid I'll misuse "the stick" and create some sort of incident. :O

i'll be on you like stink on sh%t. :texan:

Curly Bill
4/11/2009, 04:15 PM
I know, and now I'm gonna be all self-conscious about using the
divider-thingy properly.

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 04:18 PM
I know, and now I'm gonna be all self-conscious about using the
divider-thingy properly.

just be courteous, that's all i ask.

StoopTroup
4/11/2009, 04:33 PM
I don't give a crap if you don't like it or not...

If you say one thing to me or even look like your mad about something, eye ball me just a little about it and I'll stab you in the neck with it.

Curly Bill
4/11/2009, 04:36 PM

If you say one thing to me or even look like your mad about something, eye ball me just a little about it and I'll stab you in the neck with it.

See, it's stuff like this that makes me go armed when I go to the Wal Marts.

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 04:40 PM

stab me in the neck with my eyeball? i'll make you eat Nick Zepp's *** and inner leg hair, after i've fried them in chile-truffle oil.

StoopTroup
4/11/2009, 08:54 PM
So...you know where he is?

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 08:58 PM
So...you know where he is?

i do.

Curly Bill
4/11/2009, 09:10 PM
Back from the Wal Marts and I was very polite when placing the divider thingy, but good grief did I ever want to shoot some of them fools clogging up the aisles.

StoopTroup
4/11/2009, 09:25 PM
i do.

That is so sad.

Having such information must be a terrific burden.

King Crimson
4/11/2009, 09:41 PM
That is so sad.

Having such information must be a terrific burden.

it's pretty simple. i didn't ask for it. i can put you in that group. if you want

StoopTroup
4/11/2009, 09:45 PM
I don't care what you do with but if you give me the eye or comment further I'll stab ya in the neck with Nick. :D