PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Osce0la
4/9/2009, 07:41 AM
after being out of high school for 7 years, I am finally going to be starting school to earn a degree in business management at the end of this month!

Mixer!
4/9/2009, 07:59 AM
Congrats. Where at?

OUDoc
4/9/2009, 08:05 AM
Congrats!

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2009, 08:08 AM
congrats!...

I started back a couple of years ago(13 years out) and am very glad I did it

Ardmore_Sooner
4/9/2009, 08:13 AM
Congrats!

Collier11
4/9/2009, 08:53 AM
Thats cool man, I dont know that they are as beneficial as we are told they are(unless you have a specific degree) but still cool and something to be proud of. I kind of did the opposite of you, I started out of HS and took 6 1/2 yrs to finish ;)

Osce0la
4/9/2009, 09:29 AM
I'm just going to a local community college, but I won't be having to pay anything out of pocket for tuition for the first couple of semesters (all taken care of by mostly grants). My wife is going as well to start working on a degree so she can teach elementary school (a job she has talked about wanting for as long as I can remember).

Collier11
4/9/2009, 09:36 AM
I honestly wish I would have taken my 1st cpl years at a community college so my student loan debt wouldnt be so high

NormanPride
4/9/2009, 09:39 AM
Congrats and good luck! IMO, the best thing about this country is the fact that you can easily better your situation through hard work and dedication.

It may be "just a community college" but it's the ticket to your goals. Don't sell yourself short, my friend, you're one of the few that go back to school after a lengthy period of time. Be happy!

Osce0la
4/9/2009, 09:49 AM
It may be "just a community college" but it's the ticket to your goals. Don't sell yourself short, my friend, you're one of the few that go back to school after a lengthy period of time. Be happy!

I'm not actually looking at it as 'just a community college', I just stated it that way because someone had asked where I was going and I figured if I put the name they would have never heard of it...College is college and I've been talking about getting my degree for 7 years now - I'm just glad my wife and I both have the opportunity to do it now.