PDA

View Full Version : anyone getting worried about Willie?

Collier11
4/8/2009, 04:14 PM
He did come out after we lost and said he was staying but now we are a week from the deadline and he hasnt released anything thru OU.

Considering he is being projected by everyone as a Top 10 pick, I am a little nervous. He is even higher projected so far than Tyreke Evans.

We have these quotes from Capel
"I think that's true, but things can change," he said. "Hopefully they don't. But we'll see. We've talked. He's kind of said the same thing to me. But things could change, possibly ...

"It's the same thing I told Willie and I'll tell every other kid that has an opportunity to leave early — I'll do the same thing I did for Blake. I'll gather information, I'll give you my opinion, and then it's on you. You have to do what you think is best for you.

"I met with Willie and told him that last Wednesday. We'll meet again, and we'll figure out what he wants to do."

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2009, 04:23 PM
Dude said he's staying. I'll take him at his word until he says something different.

I think that Blake stayed last year and improved his draft status immensely really helps here.

Boomer.....
4/8/2009, 04:30 PM
It sounds like he might change his mind. I don't think that he should. There is a lot of aspects on his game that he could improve with another year and he would most likely get to lead the team.

Collier11
4/8/2009, 04:41 PM
He is one of those guys who would get drafted top 10 and sit the bench for a year or two, or he could come back and work on stuff and possibly be top 5 next year

stoops the eternal pimp
4/8/2009, 04:54 PM
whats the difference in pay between #5 pick and #10 pick?

Sooner13
4/8/2009, 05:00 PM
Where are you guys seeing him projected as top 10? The projections I have seen don't even have him in the top 20. I personally think he's a late first-rounder and should stick around another year to improve his game.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/8/2009, 05:01 PM
I've seen a couple...I ll go back and see if I can dig up a link...one had him at 7 and one at 8 or 9

stoops the eternal pimp
4/8/2009, 05:05 PM
espn (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/rank?draftyear=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2frank%3fdraftyear%3d2009)

Sooner13
4/8/2009, 05:09 PM
Interesting, but it's so hard to rely on all of these draft projections. I know it's football but I believe everyone remembers Brady Quinn projected as a top 5 pick and he ended up going #22. That's a big time loss of money right there. So who knows..

stoops the eternal pimp
4/8/2009, 05:13 PM
Football and basketball drafts work a little different, so thats a tough comparison to make...but I'll be the last to say that those draft projections hold any water

boomersooner28
4/8/2009, 05:16 PM
WOW. That list is soooo far off from the one I saw on ESPN a day or 2 ago. It had Tyreke Evans going 2nd and James Johnson, Earl Clark, and Eric Maynor rounding out the top 5. Not even close to that list.

Weird.

soonerfan28
4/8/2009, 05:24 PM
I think he stays. He'll have to play the point at the next level and he wasn't near good enough this year to do that at the next level. I think it will be Willie at the 2 next year, but we could also see this lineup.

C-Orlando Allen
PF-Tiny Gallon
SF-Juan Pattillo
SG-Tony Crocker
PG-Willie Warren

Sooner13
4/8/2009, 05:27 PM
I think he stays. He'll have to play the point at the next level and he wasn't near good enough this year to do that at the next level. I think it will be Willie at the 2 next year, but we could also see this lineup.

C-Orlando Allen
PF-Tiny Gallon
SF-Juan Pattillo
SG-Tony Crocker
PG-Willie Warren

We could see that lineup, depending on how much Allen improves. However, I think it will be hard to keep TMG on the bench.

soonerfan28
4/8/2009, 05:44 PM
I think TMG will be a good relief for Willie w/very little dropoff when he's on the court, but Capel said many times this year that he had two guys that could create there own shot and one was Willie. I would like to see TMG come in and start and I think that that could happen, but his height his gonna hurt him when he goes against taller PG's.

Bosley
4/8/2009, 05:58 PM
Dude said he's staying. I'll take him at his word until he says something different.

I think that Blake stayed last year and improved his draft status immensely really helps here.

Blake stayed and it easily earned him a couple extra mil a year. He wasn't going top 5 last year, he got a ton of hardware this year, built a legacy at OU and drastically improved his draft status. Willie would be foolish to leave early.

tommieharris91
4/8/2009, 06:49 PM

C-Orlando Allen
PF-Tiny Gallon
SF-Juan Pattillo
SG-Tony Crocker
PG-Willie Warren

Allen ain't starting. If Willie comes back then TMG will be the PG and Willie will be at the 2.

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2009, 07:24 PM
Hm. Your statement that Allen won't start-are you imputing that either Gallon will start at the 5 or that Wright will start at the 5?

If Gallon, who mans the 4? Don't get me wrong, I think Tiny's a more natural 5 than 4, but based on our personnel who would you put out there? Patillo? Hardrick?

Hopefully Wright can put it together and be the player he was recuited to UCLA to be.

Collier11
4/8/2009, 07:54 PM
Interesting, but it's so hard to rely on all of these draft projections. I know it's football but I believe everyone remembers Brady Quinn projected as a top 5 pick and he ended up going #22. That's a big time loss of money right there. So who knows..

Ford for ESPN gets his info from GM's and scouts. He is one of the more reliable ones

Collier11
4/8/2009, 07:56 PM
Capel apparently thinks that Allen can be a diff maker if he works his butt off this summer and improves

Curly Bill
4/8/2009, 09:23 PM
Worried about Willie coming back? Nope, he either will or he won't. That being said I definitely think he would benefit from coming back.

Had Blake come back I would have recommended he seek mental help.

badger
4/8/2009, 09:29 PM
Worried about Willie coming back? Nope, he either will or he won't. That being said I definitely think he would benefit from coming back.

Had Blake come back I would have recommended he seek mental help.

Blake as a freshman was OK. Blake as a sophomore was studly.

Willie as a freshman was OK. Willie as a sophomore... :D

Curly Bill
4/8/2009, 09:32 PM
Blake as a freshman was OK. Blake as a sophomore was studly.

Yep, I think with a year under his belt where he's our main guy would do wonders for Willie's game. Plus if he comes back I think he'll end up handling the ball more than this year which he needs to improve upon considerably to help round out his game.

Collier11
4/8/2009, 10:14 PM
Blake as a freshman was really good. Blake as a sophomore was unstoppable.

Fixed

soonerfan28
4/9/2009, 09:28 AM
I think Orlando Allen is our only option to start at the 5. He has been the most improved player over the last year and will continue to get better. I think Gallon will start at the 4 and that will cause matchup problems for oppposing teams. Imagine if we have some of these guys go out Cali and train w/the same guy that Blake and Taylor did. You have to know somebody who knows this guy to get to go out there and now players have a link to this guy.

tommieharris91
4/9/2009, 10:55 AM
Hm. Your statement that Allen won't start-are you imputing that either Gallon will start at the 5 or that Wright will start at the 5?

If Gallon, who mans the 4? Don't get me wrong, I think Tiny's a more natural 5 than 4, but based on our personnel who would you put out there? Patillo? Hardrick?

Hopefully Wright can put it together and be the player he was recuited to UCLA to be.

F Tiny
F Pattillo
G Crocker
G Warren
G TMG

soonerfan28
4/9/2009, 11:39 AM
I think Pattillo will get punished at the 4 unless he adds some weight. He is crazy athletic but when he goes against bigger 4's I think he's gonna get pushed around.