PDA

View Full Version : Wayman Tisdale is awesome.

badger
4/8/2009, 01:28 PM
Thunder Community Hero Award recipient Wayman Tisdale (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090408_92_0_OKLAHO567804), everybody!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2009/20090408_waymaninokc.jpg

Tisdale visited the Thunder locker room after the game.

“He came in and told us that things will turn around for us, that we’re young and have a great team, that things are promising for us,” Green said. “It was a big boost for us, for our confidence and spirits. To know a guy like Wayman supports us and he backs us 110 percent makes us feel great.”

I hope he does (and I know he would in a heartbeak) do the same thing for our freshmen next year if we ever have any down moments.

Lott's Bandana
4/8/2009, 03:57 PM
Just look at the quality of successful well-spoken, highly respected student-athlete OU has produced. This should likely be a thread, but how about:

Wayman
Bart Connor
Sam
Blake
Courtney
Steve O.
Jerry Anderson
Steve Davis
JC Watts
Keith Jackson
Stacey King
Spencer Tillman
Bob Kalsu
Stacy Dales

No question I'm overlooking the obvious...please add to the list.

mxATVracer10
4/10/2009, 09:54 AM
yes you are............... AD

;)

badger
4/10/2009, 10:06 AM
I would also nominate Tommie Harris and Roy Williams for their outstanding community work here and in the NFL - not to mention TRRW cut OU a check shortly after going to D... I think it was for practice facilities, I don't recall specifics.

I like how we can just one-name them all and we know exactly who we're talking about. An OU outsider would be all like "Sam?!" Isn't that a fairly common name? ;)

oumartin
4/10/2009, 05:15 PM
Charles Thompson
Jamelle

GottaHavePride
4/10/2009, 06:08 PM
I would also nominate Tommie Harris and Roy Williams for their outstanding community work here and in the NFL - not to mention TRRW cut OU a check shortly after going to D... I think it was for practice facilities, I don't recall specifics.

I like how we can just one-name them all and we know exactly who we're talking about. An OU outsider would be all like "Sam?!" Isn't that a fairly common name? ;)

I'm pretty sure his name is in a fairly prominent location on the indoor football practice facility...

soonerboomer93
4/10/2009, 06:11 PM
He cut a check for the weight room in there

stoopified
4/10/2009, 07:37 PM
Charles Thompson
JamelleYou ain't funny brother.

To be fair CT by all accounts has become a model citizen.

badger
4/12/2009, 06:46 PM
You ain't funny brother.

To be fair CT by all accounts has become a model citizen.

Also, I didn't see him turn down a single kid (or adult... please don't laugh, the ball isn't for me) for an autograph yesterday. He was absolutely wonderful to every fan he encountered at the Red/White game and nothing short of a class act there.

AlbqSooner
4/12/2009, 08:59 PM
Jerry Anderson. He gave everything in service to his community.

StoopTroup
4/12/2009, 10:47 PM
Indeed Wayman is great...but anyone in the NBA that needs a pep talk....might need to do a little time in a minor league IMO.

Bosley
4/12/2009, 11:25 PM
Indeed Wayman is great...but anyone in the NBA that needs a pep talk....might need to do a little time in a minor league IMO.

Wait.....we have an NBA team? Whoa!

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2009, 11:36 PM
Also, I didn't see him turn down a single kid (or adult... please don't laugh, the ball isn't for me) for an autograph yesterday. He was absolutely wonderful to every fan he encountered at the Red/White game and nothing short of a class act there.

Great. That almost makes up for him completely disgracing the university by peddling drugs, and then attempting to further disgrace the university by writing a book.

Why anyone would want his autograph I have no idea.

I'll stick with players like Steve Davis.

StoopTroup
4/13/2009, 12:18 AM
So he should have just got out and just continued to peddle drugs?

I'm thinking becoming an example of what not to do is much better.

Now...let's take Bomar for an example. He knows he screwed up and isn't willing to admit he put the University and the team in a bad spot.

The 1980s was a tough time in America. Drugs were rampant. My younger Brother was in at OU during that time and the partying was endless. You could get as much of any drug you wanted.

Charles screwed up. There were many other folks who wouldn't have made the cover of SI. Him getting caught and then changing his life to help others sure has a lot more potential for greatness IMO than getting run off for being a lazy worthless liar who probably will end up with a worse job than a car salesman.

Stick with Steve...but remember having a guy around like CT to talk to your kids about drugs while they are in School might not be such a bad thing.

Lott's Bandana
4/13/2009, 09:38 AM
Jerry Anderson. He gave everything in service to his community.

Yup. He's on my list above...as is Bob Kalsu.

badger
4/17/2009, 11:23 AM
If we haven't said it enough already, Wayman Tisdale is still awesome.

He just received the Greenwood Legacy Award. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090417_92_B1_Wyaidl563146)

theresonly1OU
4/18/2009, 10:10 PM
Why anyone would want his autograph I have no idea.

Good thing no one gives a f**k what you think.