PDA

View Full Version : To Kill A Mockingbird

4/8/2009, 03:22 AM
I'm downing two cedar trees that seem to be the ultimate home to a mockingbird that finds 3:00 a.m. a good time to wake up the rest of the world.

Trees, schmeeze.

It'll make good use of my Good Friday off.

picasso
4/8/2009, 12:09 PM
used to be one at my old place that would sing for my brother near his window in the wee hours of the night.

chop away George.

badger
4/8/2009, 12:26 PM
If you don't want to kill a mockingbird [harper lee]because all it does is sing[/lee] I recommend placing feeders away from it's undesirable early morning chirping spots. Mockingbirds seem to love whatever the squirrels eat in our yard -suet, kernel corn, nuts, etc.

You could be especially evil (and good at the same time for not killing a mockingbird) and gift your neighbors with said feeders so they have the chirping issue instead :D

picasso
4/8/2009, 12:30 PM
naw, shoot the bastard. just don't get caught.

Boomer Mooner
4/8/2009, 02:31 PM
The three S's. Shoot, shovel, shut up.

C&CDean
4/8/2009, 02:36 PM
I'd cut down the damn cedars whether there's a bird in them or not. POS trees.

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2009, 02:37 PM
If you don't want to kill a mockingbird [harper lee]because all it does is sing[/lee] I recommend placing feeders away from it's undesirable early morning chirping spots. Mockingbirds seem to love whatever the squirrels eat in our yard -suet, kernel corn, nuts, etc.

You could be especially evil (and good at the same time for not killing a mockingbird) and gift your neighbors with said feeders so they have the chirping issue instead :D

(Ahem)

That's [Alumnae of the University of Alabama School of Law Harper Lee] to you.

OUDoc
4/8/2009, 02:40 PM
(Ahem)

That's [Alumnae of the University of Alabama School of Law Harper Lee] to you.
And yet she can read and write.

:)

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2009, 02:43 PM
And yet she can read and write.

:)

Probably why she didn't end up in Med School.

:P