PDA

View Full Version : My Preseason Top 10...

OU_Sooners75
4/7/2009, 10:28 PM
It is not like I know what I am talking about...so here it goes!

:D

1. Kansas
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. UConn
5. UNC
6. Wake Forest
7. Oklahoma
8. Kentucky
9. Texass
10. West Virginia

Curly Bill
4/7/2009, 10:33 PM
Got us #7 without Blake. Kinda optimistic I think, but I'm cool with that. :D

OUbasketball4life
4/7/2009, 10:42 PM
Syracuse should be pretty good next year. I think We will be more balanced next year (hopefully) won't be able to just watch Blake work next year. Willie, TMG, and Tiny are going to be our main offensive guys. We should be pretty good and pretty physical...Tiny lost some weight this year...do I sense more defense pressure next year???

JLEW1818
4/7/2009, 10:44 PM
Kansas
Duke
Syracuse
Mich State
Villanova

Curly Bill
4/7/2009, 10:46 PM
How many guys does Louisville lose? Cause if they got'em back they're gonna be for real.

...and yeah I'm too lazy to look it up.

tommieharris91
4/7/2009, 11:23 PM
Yall overrate Syracuse a lot.

tommieharris91
4/7/2009, 11:26 PM
How many guys does Louisville lose? Cause if they got'em back they're gonna be for real.

...and yeah I'm too lazy to look it up.

Earl Clark declared and Terrence Williams was a senior.

JLEW1818
4/7/2009, 11:27 PM
Yall overrate Syracuse a lot.

Could be the best in the east..

tommieharris91
4/8/2009, 12:15 AM
Could be the best in the east..

If Syracuse is the best in the Big East then that conference will have a huge dropoff next year. They don't have anyone coming in. I think Georgetown, Pitt, WVU, UConn, and Villanova will all be better than them next season.

Collier11
4/8/2009, 12:25 AM
this will be easier once we see who all actually goes pro, based on right now this is what I got

Kansas
Louisville
Mich St
Nova
Uconn
Purdue
Duke
Oklahoma
Washington
Illinois

JLEW1818
4/8/2009, 03:38 PM
If Syracuse is the best in the Big East then that conference will have a huge dropoff next year. They don't have anyone coming in. I think Georgetown, Pitt, WVU, UConn, and Villanova will all be better than them next season.

I think the conference will drop off some. Pitt and Uconn will both lose their big men. If Flynn comes back, I'm taking Syracuse to win the East. They will return their starting lineup.. that means a lot in college basketball.

BillyBall
4/8/2009, 03:55 PM
I have a hard time putting OU in the top 25, given we replace 3 starters.

IronHorseSooner
4/8/2009, 04:09 PM
Kansas depends a lot on what Collins and Aldrich decide to do. I don't know if they have, or will, declare. If they do leave, then they are Tabout in the 15- 20 range.

Collier11
4/8/2009, 04:10 PM
Losing Blake -
Losing Taylor -
Losing AJ +

We arent going to replace Blake but if we can get a combined 15-20 and 10 out of Gallon and Fitzgerald we should be ok down low.

Patillo having a whole summer to workout and improve should help, surely he can give us a consistent 10 and 6 like Taylor

I think TMG, Willie, or Franklin would all be an upgrade over AJ offensively and consistency wise. The one thing that will really hurt is that AJ played great D at times and im not sure any of those guys can give us that.

Ray Willis will really help if he can stay out of the doghouse, that kid can play

tommieharris91
4/8/2009, 06:53 PM
I think the conference will drop off some. Pitt and Uconn will both lose their big men. If Flynn comes back, I'm taking Syracuse to win the East. They will return their starting lineup.. that means a lot in college basketball.

Returning a buncha guys in college basketball doesn't mean much anymore. Good recruits can turn programs around in one season.

JLEW1818
4/9/2009, 05:04 PM
Flynn entered the draft today.. that will hurt.

JohnnyMack
4/9/2009, 05:20 PM
OU in the top 10 of what? Surely you're not talking about men's basketball.

oumartin
4/9/2009, 05:25 PM
villanova could have 4 mcdonalds all americans on the floor next year. They signed 3 of the top 25 overall prospects

soonerfan28
4/9/2009, 05:35 PM
villanova could have 4 mcdonalds all americans on the floor next year. They signed 3 of the top 25 overall prospects

Corey Stokes 2007 MDAA (SF)
Scottie Reynolds 2006 MDAA (PG)
Dominic Cheeks 2009 MDAA (SG)
Maalic Wayns 2099 MDAA (PG)

tommieharris91
4/9/2009, 06:27 PM
Flynn entered the draft today.. that will hurt.

So did Dorf and Paul Harris. What's funny is that Flynn is the only guy who hasn't signed with an agent, so he can still come back if he wants.

NMSooner'80
4/16/2009, 11:05 AM
I did see where both Collins and Aldrich are returning to Larryville. Ugh!

That still doesn't irritate me as much as when Danny Manning ( :mad: ) came back to KU for his senior year and got treated like royalty for his loyalty.

People also forget that KU was picked ahead of OU in every preseason poll in '88 and underachieved most of the regular season. I get SO sick of the revisionist history involving the Jaysquawks of '88 and how "wonderful" and "gutsy" they were. They stunk until they got hot in early February of that season, then they got the luckiest run in the NCAA of higher seeds getting beaten just before KU got them.

fwsooner22
4/16/2009, 01:11 PM
Nice discussion BUT I don't see us in the pre-season top 25 much less top 10. I hope BUT I don't see it. Too young and very little depth. Give it a year. At least we will be exciting and talented. I will take that. Please God please let us have a talented point guard without tats.

Collier11
4/16/2009, 01:33 PM
We could be a Top 15 team IF:
Willie becomes a super star, Crocker gets more consistent, Patillo can give us 10ppg, 8 reb, a block or two, and Gallon + TMG give us quality minutes.

We will be borderline top 25-30 IF:
Willie stays the same(very doubtful, he is too good)
Our fresh struggle(likely)
Crocker and Patillo dont get much better

OSUAggie
4/16/2009, 09:05 PM
Maalic Wayns 2099 MDAA (PG)

'Nova should be good by the 22nd century with that kind of talent rolling in.

Eielson
4/16/2009, 11:18 PM
Call me crazy, but I think that Kentucky could be top 10 if things work out well for them. I heard they got Cousins and it sounds like Orton might be staying. I haven't heard anything about Meeks or Patterson going pro but they are both really good. Haven't heard much about Henry or Wall either, but this team could be crazy talented. Meeks, Patterson, Orton, Henry, Wall, and Cousins? Can you imagine Calipari coaching a team like that? I know they won't get them all, but they could still be crazy good with 3 or 4 of those guys.

Edit: I see they were getting put on other lists. So this post was kinda pointless.

Eielson
4/16/2009, 11:37 PM
There are reasons to think we can't be considered a top 10 team yet, but it's crazy that you guys can't have the optimism of us being a top 25 team. It isn't like we don't have any talent. We are going to have two rivals top 10 players in our starting lineup next year. We've got plenty of talent to put around those two guys too. We're bringing in one of the top PGs in the nation and despite the fact that a lot of you threw him under the bus last year, Tony Crocker is a great defender and pretty good shooter. Surely somebody between Patillo, Fitzgerald, Wright, or Allen will emerge as a capable starter.

You guys seem to think that freshmen can't contribute to a college basketball team right away. This isn't football. Freshman can come in and succeed right away. It isn't even that big of a deal.

I hate to break it to some of you, but we could have a really good team next year. I'm actually going to venture as far as to say that next year's team could be better than this year's team was. I'm not going to explain why I think that tonight, but in my opinion it is a definate possibility. Remember that I did say could, though. As with most teams at this point, there are plenty of questions still.