PDA

View Full Version : After NC.....

JLEW1818
4/7/2009, 05:27 PM
Not that it matters, but do you guys think we were the second best team in the country??? Behind North Carolina. ?

Harry Beanbag
4/7/2009, 05:35 PM
No, not really. Guard play was way too inconsistent.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/7/2009, 05:48 PM
Nope...what he said..not what Nope said...what Harry said

NormanPride
4/7/2009, 06:00 PM
I think so. Even without good guard play, we were good enough to hang with the big boys. If our guards had showed up at all, then the UNC game would have been very different.

But as you say, it doesn't really matter. :D

Eielson
4/7/2009, 06:03 PM
I think we're right there in the discussion.

bri
4/7/2009, 06:09 PM
Don't you think the "second-best team in America" would have managed to win at least one championship along the way? A conference championship, or a conference tournament championship? Hell, even a NCAA regional championship would have sufficed.

So, to answer your question, no. We were not the second-best team in America.

Eielson
4/7/2009, 06:33 PM
Don't you think the "second-best team in America" would have managed to win at least one championship along the way? A conference championship, or a conference tournament championship? Hell, even a NCAA regional championship would have sufficed.

So, to answer your question, no. We were not the second-best team in America.

NIT Champs. :P

TopDawg
4/7/2009, 07:01 PM
The Big East looks like it was overrated...but not THAT overrated. I wouldn't bet my paycheck on us winning a 7-game series against Louisville, Pitt or UConn. We might force 7 games, but I don't see us winning.

Collier11
4/7/2009, 07:12 PM
I think we matched up well with Pitt, mizzou, and michigan st of the elite the other 5 were flat out better than us

MichiganSooner
4/7/2009, 07:27 PM
Michigan State and Villanova looked real strong when they played each other. During that semifinal, I thought both these guys might be better than us. Of course, with Blake in the post drawing double or triple teams, if some of our guys are hitting, we are hard to beat. However, those other guys were not consistent enough. We belonged high in the elite 8 if someone wanted to rank them.

Curly Bill
4/7/2009, 08:29 PM
No, our guards would have gotten us beat by more teams than just Carolina.

GottaHavePride
4/7/2009, 08:41 PM
On the other hand - we played UNC closer than anyone else in the tournament... ;)

Curly Bill
4/7/2009, 08:45 PM
On the other hand - we played UNC closer than anyone else in the tournament... ;)

...and for that we can think one Mr. Blake Griffin pretty much alone. :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/8/2009, 08:26 AM
Besides UNC I think Louisville was definitely better but got tripped up. UConn was probably a little better. After that I think it was about a coin flip between OU, Pitt,Mich St & Memphis. I think we are better than Nova & Missouri.

soonervegas
4/8/2009, 09:34 AM
I would have liked our shot if we would have gotten past NC (with the way thr brackets fell out), but we were not the 2nd best team in the tourney.

ouleaf
4/8/2009, 10:46 AM
Definitely not 2nd best team. Not enough consitent output from those not named Blake Griffin to warrant top team consideration.