PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere Stoops is laughing at the Longhorns; Houston Chron.

sooner n houston
4/7/2009, 01:32 PM
« The University of Texas embarrasses itself;

April 07, 2009
Somewhere Stoops is laughing at the Longhorns;
Leave it to Bob Stoops to take the best shot at Texas for making an asterisk of itself with its "claim" to the 2008 Big 12 championship.

"I know there isn't (an asterisk) on ours," Stoops told the Norman Transcript. "I know where the trophy is."

Ouch. Bob is hilarious.

(On a side note, if you come to my home office you'll see that 2005 Pulitzer* I won.)

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2009/04/somewhere_stoops_is_laughing_a.html
:P :D

Boomer Mooner
4/7/2009, 03:55 PM
I love Jerome's articles. He used to cover all the college football for the Houston Chronicle. He left to write up North somewhere for awhile. He's back at the Chronicle but the college ball is now covered by a UT homer.

salth2o
4/7/2009, 04:16 PM
classic!

ashley
4/7/2009, 07:23 PM
A friend coaches at OU and yes, they are getting a hugh kick out of this. They still talk about the fact that the tu-tt didn't happen.

OKC-SLC
4/7/2009, 08:24 PM
Bob rmfo.

OU-HSV
4/7/2009, 08:47 PM
Nice work Bob. Take that mack, you big cry baby

swardboy
4/7/2009, 09:04 PM
Bob.is.the.man.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/7/2009, 10:10 PM
Next they're going to immortalize C. McCoy's Heisman* speech. It was almost an instant classic.

*C. McCoy led the nation and beat Sam Bradford and OU head to head; McCoy is winnar. Boomah.

Lott's Bandana
4/7/2009, 10:15 PM
Here's the rest of it...more good stuff:

When talking to proud UT alums David Barron and Kirk Bohls last night at the Astros' opener, I hit on the thought that if the Long*horns* wanted to claim the title I would have more respect for them if they just claimed it, and moved on.
That would be the ultimate protest. Put "2008" - no asterisk - on the championship wall, and never talk about it again. They could have turned it into some tradition, where 100 years from now people would still be talking about the one they won, but didn't win.
Kansas and Missouri are still arguing about the official winner of their 1960 football game. Both schools claim victory (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2004/nov/20/halfback_coan_at/).
USC claimed a football national championship from 1939 (http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072604aaa.html) in 2004. Yep 65 years later, the Trojans decided they would lay claim to the title that everybody with sense knows rightfully went to *Texas* A&M.
Notre Dame pretty much claims any and all football national championships (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/nd-m-fb-a-nattit.html) if anybody said they were No. 1 in a particular year.
*Texas* could have had a sweet silent protest. Instead, it will be ridiculed for putting an asterisk on the wall, then taking it down.

MyT Oklahoma
4/8/2009, 12:00 AM
« The University of *Texas* embarrasses itself;

April 07, 2009
Somewhere Stoops is laughing at the Long*horns*;
Leave it to Bob Stoops to take the best shot at *Texas* for making an asterisk of itself with its "claim" to the 2008 Big 12 championship.

"I know there isn't (an asterisk) on ours," Stoops told the Norman Transcript. "I know where the trophy is."

Ouch. Bob is hilarious.

(On a side note, if you come to my home office you'll see that 2005 Pulitzer* I won.)

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2009/04/somewhere_stoops_is_laughing_a.html
:P :D

And I've seen Morgan Fairchild naked. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Crucifax Autumn
4/9/2009, 01:48 AM
Let's just kick their *** in 09...and never let up. Let's beat 'em down A&M style and destroy them. I'm talking kick their asses so bad that players quit the program and the ones that stay bow down and suck it for every opponent they face after.

I say they need to be humiliated in a way that causes them to be regarded as the worst team ever. They need to have something like us in the nineties cubed. They need to lose so bad that they have the fan base of the village people in a pat robertson fan club!

Whorns must cry, die, and go away!!!!!!!!!!

PhiDeltBeers
4/9/2009, 08:37 AM
Let's just kick their *** in 09...and never let up. Let's beat 'em down A&M style and destroy them. I'm talking kick their asses so bad that players quit the program and the ones that stay bow down and suck it for every opponent they face after.

I say they need to be humiliated in a way that causes them to be regarded as the worst team ever. They need to have something like us in the nineties cubed. They need to lose so bad that they have the fan base of the village people in a pat robertson fan club!

W*horns* must cry, die, and go away!!!!!!!!!!

This should be the pregame speech. Well spoken my friend and exactly what the rest of us are thinking.

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2009, 01:04 PM
And I've seen Morgan Fairchild naked. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oddly enough, I actually have seen Morgan Fairchild naked. Live, even.

She played Mrs. Robinson in a production of The Graduate that I went to.

Dio
4/9/2009, 04:08 PM

W*horns* must cry, die, and go away!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, we did that to Tech last year and nobody seems to remember it.

SOONERKAT
4/9/2009, 04:47 PM
He's back at the Chronicle but the college ball is now covered by a UT homer.

Yes, I'm sure the whorn homer (Justice) will have a nice retort about this sometime this week. He is the biggest :texan: apologist of them all.

Jacie
4/9/2009, 07:11 PM

I get one just thinking about her doing that triangle thing with her leg . . .

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2009, 07:18 PM
I get one just thinking about her doing that triangle thing with her leg . . .

Tell you what-for however old she was at the time, she did pretty darn well for herself.

Lott's Bandana
4/9/2009, 10:20 PM
That woman is a national treasure.

MyT Oklahoma
4/9/2009, 10:37 PM

Sweet!