PDA

View Full Version : Texas claims 2008 Big 12 Championship. 'Cause they're tools.

batonrougesooner
4/5/2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.newsok.com/red-river-football-texas-claims-big-12-championship-with-a/article/3359256

How embarrassing if true.

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 09:35 PM
Surely they did not do that, that would be pretty darn sad. Don't you have to compete in a championship game to be declared winner of the championship game? UT lost the rematch with Colorado in 2001 after having beaten CU in the regular season. History is not on UT's side.

SoonerFanInAustin
I know someone in the Athletic Dept at UT....I guess I owe him a call tomorrow....I need to find out about this.

JLEW1818
did they get a trophy from the big 12?

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 09:37 PM
OU beat CU, KSU and Missouri in regular season/Big XII Championship rematches. Missouri probably would have beaten UT in frigid Kansas City, MO, last December in a rematch, just like it lost to CU in Dallas in 2001.

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 09:38 PM
Texas is also claiming the SEC, WAC and Patriot League Championships.

yermom
4/5/2009, 09:38 PM
honestly, i hope this is a misunderstanding. it's pretty embarrassing otherwise

so embarrassing, i'd probably buy a shirt if they made one

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 09:53 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-185/Longhorns-have-claimed-the-2008-Big-12-title----with-an-asterisk.html

Longhorns have claimed the 2008 Big 12 title -- with an asterisk

April 5, 2009 6:54 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

AUSTIN, Texas -- The media had their first chance since the end of the season to see the inside of the team room at the Moncrief-Neuhaus training facility following Sunday's Orange-White scrimmage.

Longhorn officials have added a couple of new additions to their list of Big 12 and South Division championships prominently displayed on a wall on the facility.

The Longhorns have included the South Division championship they shared with Oklahoma and Texas Tech in a three-way tie last season.

But they've also included 2008 among their list of Big 12 championships, with an asterisk.

Oklahoma nosed out the Longhorns on a controversial tiebreaker to qualify for the championship game, despite losing to Texas during the regular season. The Sooners then won an unprecedented third-straight championship by beating Missouri -- a victory that was acknowledged everywhere except maybe in the Texas team room.

Something tells me the Oct. 17 Red River Rivalry game is going to be a good one.

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 10:00 PM
They can claim big south co champs. but not conference champs. Didn't play for it... sorry horns......

Collier11
4/5/2009, 10:05 PM
this is embarrassing on so many levels if true

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 10:06 PM
I'm waiting to get word of it on hornfans.com

I can't wait to see what they have to say.

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 10:08 PM
Texas also includes asterisks for eight more national championships in the 1960s since it was an unfair advantage for other schools to use African American players since they were not the type of persons that Texas and other SWC teams would allow to play. As readers will recall, avowed racist quisling and Texas coach Darrel Royal fled Oklahoma for Austin in the 1950s when the Oklahoma Sooners allowed Prentice Gault to attend school and play football in Norman despite him not being a member of the "master race" as Coach Royal likes to call it.

E-Town
4/5/2009, 10:08 PM
Leave it to the media to keep this story going and going and going....let it go.

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 10:12 PM
Leave it to the media to keep this story going and going and going....let it go.

Nope, this is too funny. Texas is the entity that keeps this going. It should be reported.

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 10:14 PM
will a banner fly around for this ?

batonrougesooner
4/5/2009, 10:16 PM
I've never heard of a coach claiming a victory in a game his team didn't even play in.

E-Town
4/5/2009, 10:35 PM
Texas has a new logo....:D

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/AsterikU.jpg

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 10:36 PM
hahah nice

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 10:39 PM
Nothing on hornfans.com that I saw.

SoonerShark
4/5/2009, 10:41 PM
I've never heard of a coach claiming a victory in a game his team didn't even play in.

Check out UT's scores for last season in December. Maybe they beat Mizzou by * points.

Collier11
4/5/2009, 11:08 PM
they are talking about it on orangebloods and most of the ut fans think it is retarded surprisingly

tommieharris91
4/5/2009, 11:54 PM
Texas has a new logo....:D

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/AsterikU.jpg

SPELLING FAIL

KU_Sooner
4/6/2009, 12:00 AM
they are talking about it on orangebloods and most of the ut fans think it is retarded surprisingly

Well...you know what they say about "takes one to know one." UT* and Mack Brown* just don't know when to quit.

So...wait...Does this mean Utah is going to claim the National Championship? I mean, CLEARLY they would have won. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here's proof for those who still don't believe that UT* has found a new level of moronic behavior.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/bohls/upload/2009/04/big_12_champs/big12champs.jpg

Sooner98
4/6/2009, 12:14 AM
Wow.

I haven't seen too many sports-related things more pathetic than this. Even the 45-35 fly-over banners at our games weren't this pathetic. I almost feel sorry for them, but then I remember how badly they suck at everything.

KU_Sooner
4/6/2009, 12:21 AM
Someone just told me something that I hadn't heard before, something about UT* threatening to leave the Big 12 after the whole fiasco last year?

Thousands Strong
4/6/2009, 12:42 AM
From here (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2009/04/05/big_12_champs.html):
"Said one (ut*) school official, “We beat both teams (OU and North Division winner Missouri). I thought that (championship game in Kansas City) was for the runnerup spot.”

yeah, "2006*" too! :texan:

:rolleyes:

jumperstop
4/6/2009, 02:01 AM
Mack and his whining. I'm sure the maintanance people were hella confused when he called them in to hang up the numbers.

unbiasedtruth
4/6/2009, 04:03 AM
but, but, but we're texas....... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

and shouldn't the asterisk also contain information about the 39-33 score in Lubbock. If I am not mistaken this team clearly beat texas....

olevetonahill
4/6/2009, 05:21 AM
Tuck Fexas

badger
4/6/2009, 07:36 AM
This is absolutely the wrong message to send to a team and reeks of aggieness (come on texas... AGGIEness!).

If they want to claim the Big 12 South last year, fine. Is this what the asterisk signifies? If so, go ahead and claim 2002 also. This would be a good way to get rid of a PR nightmare.

You're Texas and stuff. You shouldn't have to sink to this crap. If you don't like the fact that your great recruits have only won two Big 12 championships since the demolition of the SWC, just call up Arky and get that failbot going again.

Theskipster
4/6/2009, 07:41 AM
If they want to claim the Big 12 South last year, fine. Is this what the asterisk signifies?

It isn't. They have a seperate space for South titles right next to the Big XII titles

http://www.theskipster.com/images/texaslie1.jpg

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 07:59 AM
How embarrassing for them.
That's a new level of sad.

EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY!

badger
4/6/2009, 08:01 AM
Well dumb ditty dumb dumb, from now on, all my references to "Texas" and "UT" and "Whorns" shall contain an asterisk and I would ask that out of respect to Mack's decision to asterisk 2008 we all do the same... and what the heck, let's asterisk "Mack Brown" too :D

For example...

The University of Texas*, abbreviated UT*, is a bunch of whiney pussies coached by Mack Brown* who leads his Whorns* around like a bunch of sheep, showing how aggie-like they can really be.

Please note that "aggie" does not have an asterisk, because they have not to date claimed any championships that they they do not have claim to... or should I say "championship" ;)

XingTheRubicon
4/6/2009, 08:02 AM
Try not to throw a pick 6 on the way to a loss in November. Then you can hang a real championship on the wall like the big boys.

I don't blame Mack. If I had one CC in eleven years with all that talent, I'd start making **** up too.

badger
4/6/2009, 08:08 AM
Try not to throw a pick 6 on the way to a loss in November. Then you can hang a real championship on the wall like the big boys.
This is just weird, man. I mean, I know OU hangs banners for all their bowl games regardless of the outcome in the airplane hanger building, but we don't claim to be "Rose Bowl champions," we just claim "Rose Bowl 2003" (even though we happened to win that year). This is off-the-scale lame on the Whorns* part and I think it all goes back to Mack* whining and bartering and other crap... would they have claimed this if they went BCS'ing in January, even if they lost to Florida? I dunno... eff Texas*.

I don't blame Mack. If I had one CC in eleven years with all that talent, I'd start making **** up too.

Has it been 11 years already? Wow, time flies by when you're having fun :D

Boomer.....
4/6/2009, 08:16 AM
They wont ever give it up.

Soonerpsycho
4/6/2009, 08:22 AM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/mbsasteriskchampionship.jpg

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 08:24 AM
Someday, he'll fill that trophy case with asterisks. Then who'll be laughing?

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 08:24 AM
If we wanted to do something about it, we could complain to the Big XII conference. But I think it's funnier to let them leave it up.

badger
4/6/2009, 08:33 AM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/macksasteriskchampionship.jpg

Looking at that picture, the whorn* hand gesture looks awfully asterisk-like in appearance, doesn't it? Hmm...

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 08:45 AM
Seriously, someone who can no longer distinguish reality from fantasy needs some psychiatric help.

yermom
4/6/2009, 08:53 AM
they didn't lose the Big 12, they just ran out of tiebreakers

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 09:02 AM
The asterisk simply exists to point out to potential recruits that OU was the one in the Big XII Championship Game and actually has the trophy.

Keep it there, Dummasses.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 10:00 AM
Actually, we didn't want to display that sign, but we were required by contract with the Big 12 to display it in a prominent place:

RULE 1726-17262
"Tri-Champions of the Big 12 South Division must display a championship sign in a public place, no smaller than 12" with 140 pt type. Failure to display this sign can result in scholarship revoking."

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 10:05 AM
Actually, we didn't want to display that sign, but we were required by contract with the Big 12 to display it in a prominent place:

RULE 1726-17262
"Tri-Champions of the Big 12 South Division must display a championship sign in a public place, no smaller than 12" with 140 pt type. Failure to display this sign can result in scholarship revoking."

Right.
How sad for Mack.

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 10:11 AM

RULE 1726-17262

No one disputes the South shared championship.

Since they beat us as well as Gator, shouldn't they also claim another BCSNC?

Similar pretzel logic.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 10:15 AM
It's embarrassing. Still, we're gonna whup you again next year.

badger
4/6/2009, 10:16 AM

RULE 1726-17262

So in other words, you were required to list it with the SOUTH champion listings, but not with the Big 12 listings, right?

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 10:30 AM
So in other words, you were required to list it with the SOUTH champion listings, but not with the Big 12 listings, right?

Well, re-reading the rule, it's a bit more complicated. "A Southern Division Tri-Champion team that beats the eventual Big 12 Title game winner by 10 points or more must also feature the said score on placards, or display the score on a banner pulled by an airplane, for no less than 1 hour. Failure to do so can result in dropping of one or more scholarships. Also, any Southern Big 12 Tri-Champion team that loses three or more consecutive BCS games must also feature the score of the loss in a prominent place."

tigepilot
4/6/2009, 10:43 AM
I was about to say this sounds very aggie-ish... but wait, I can't think of a time when an aggie school has done something quite like this. LOL

Actually, you know it's a pretty lame thing when their own fans are making jokes of it. This will be joke fodder for quite some time. :)

boomersooner28
4/6/2009, 10:59 AM
Well, re-reading the rule, it's a bit more complicated. "A Southern Division Tri-Champion team that beats the eventual Big 12 Title game winner by 10 points or more must also feature the said score on placards, or display the score on a banner pulled by an airplane, for no less than 1 hour. Failure to do so can result in dropping of one or more scholarships. Also, any Southern Big 12 Tri-Champion team that loses three or more consecutive BCS games must also feature the score of the loss in a prominent place."

Yeah sure, anyway back to the fuggin patheticness that is Texass football. SO WEAK.

TopDawg
4/6/2009, 11:06 AM
Also, any Southern Big 12 Tri-Champion team that loses three or more consecutive BCS games must also feature the score of the loss in a prominent place."

I like Mack's strategy regarding this rule. I mean, if you just avoid playing in 3 consecutive BCS games, you've got nothing to worry about.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 11:22 AM
I like *Mack*'s strategy regarding this rule. I mean, if you just avoid playing in 3 consecutive BCS games, you've got nothing to worry about.

This one actually made me laugh out loud. Well handled, sir.

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 11:51 AM
It's embarrassing. Still, we're gonna whup you again next year.

When did you whup us last time?

crawfish
4/6/2009, 12:01 PM
Why don't they go all-out and claim an asterisk'd NC trophy?

Mack thinks so small.

OUMallen
4/6/2009, 12:05 PM
Amazing. I almost don't believe it. This should be confirmed on snopes.com.

badger
4/6/2009, 12:11 PM

I knew you were full of shizzle to begin with, I was just humoring you.

htownsooner7
4/6/2009, 12:25 PM
Can't wait to whip their *** in October. Bunch of biyatches.

Dio
4/6/2009, 12:36 PM
Since texas* beat us once in basketball, will they hang an Elite Eight 2009* banner as well?

cheezyq
4/6/2009, 12:42 PM
Saxet?
Texass?
Longwhorns?
Shortwhorns?
Whorns?
Bongwhorns?
and now...
Texasterisk (Tex*, for short)?

They just keep giving us new names to add to the list.

Edit: Wow, the mods already whipped out the auto-asterisking for all things Texas. Sweet.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 12:44 PM

Well, there was that little affair last October. The fourth quarter was pretty much a "behind the woodshed" affair.

Double-digit margin gained in fourth quarter.
Domination on both lines of scrimmage.
Bradford looking rattled on last three possessions.
Watch the endzone replay of our 62 yard run. Every Sooner defender on the line of scrimmage is knocked flat by our o-line.

That is what I call a whupping.

Dio
4/6/2009, 12:45 PM
Saxet?
*Texas*s?
Longw*horns*?
Shortw*horns*?
W*horns*?
Bongw*horns*?
and now...
*Texas*terisk (Tex*, for short)?

The University of texas at Asterisk

Dio
4/6/2009, 12:47 PM
Well, there was that little affair last October. The fourth quarter was pretty much a "behind the woodshed" affair.

Watch the endzone replay of our 62 yard run. Every Sooner defender on the line of scrimmage is knocked flat by our o-line.

Then what do you call 65-13 or 63-14?

TopDawg
4/6/2009, 12:47 PM
I think they should put a little frowny face emoticon next to the asterisk.

2008* :(

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 12:52 PM

So the times we had a double-digit lead by the first quarter were.....what? Anal violation?

JLEW1818
4/6/2009, 12:52 PM
12-0 !!!!! HAHA, GO **** YOURSELF......

Anyway that is all the past. I bet even Brown's wife thinks this is a joke. What a loser of a person.

JLEW1818
4/6/2009, 12:54 PM
HORNFANS.COM HAVE FINALLY SEEN THE ARTICLE.... THEY DON'T LIKE IT..

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5924359&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 01:05 PM
Saxet?
*Texas*s?
Longw*horns*?
Shortw*horns*?
W*horns*?
Bongw*horns*?
and now...
*Texas*terisk (Tex*, for short)?

Edit: Wow, the mods already whipped out the auto-asterisking for all things *Texas*. Sweet.

I like that one.

tex*

KU_Sooner
4/6/2009, 01:05 PM
Breaking News:

Mississippi is now claiming the 2009 National Championship since they beat Florida and thought the game was to determine the runner-up.

Jello Biafra
4/6/2009, 01:09 PM

i'll go ahead and say it since you are flat out ignoring the only reason you were in the game in the first place....what he means by "whup" is that they sent a TE on a illegal block mission right at the only linebacker on the team with experience. and then they kept throwing right at that area to exploit. until that point in the game, you guys had exactly jack and sheite going for you.
oddly enough, a similar play happened against rice a few weeks earlier with your starter gettin the high hard one stuck in his taint.

anyway, its been 6 months since this happened and i am still furious. it was a chicken sheite play by a less than average player.

SoonersBIG7
4/6/2009, 01:11 PM
Did Texas Tech do they same?

mdklatt
4/6/2009, 01:12 PM
This is perfect. Now I can call them the Te*as Longhorns since it's embarrassing that they're even associated with the State of Texas in the first place.

mdklatt
4/6/2009, 01:14 PM
Did *Texas* Tech do they same?

Even Tech isn't that aggy.

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 01:15 PM
I also love the irony of what happens when you type something vulgar on this site:

(hint: started with a "t")

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 01:19 PM
We should be flooding rival team's forums with this news item. It's the offseason and nothing to talk about... wait, a team's coaches are officially claiming a championship for a game in which they did not even play. Too good.

SouthFortySooner
4/6/2009, 01:20 PM
Michael Crabtree*

Jello Biafra
4/6/2009, 01:22 PM

really? dominating both lines of scrimmage? how is it that philly got sacked 4 times? and by the way, if you didn't notice, he got his arse beat down with stats too... 5 TDs 1 int (im not counting that bull**** 4th down throw into the endzone at the end of the game) not to mention the friggin interception in the end zone that got you guys 3 points instead of giving us the ball. cheating PHUCKERS..

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 01:25 PM
BTW, while we all think this is pretty pathetic, the coaching staff and athletic department of OU should be outraged. Claiming another team's title is pretty low and is aimed at cheapening a championship. The Big XII will likely take action on this at some point.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 01:43 PM
i'll go ahead and say it since you are flat out ignoring the only reason you were in the game in the first place....what he means by "whup" is that they sent a TE on a illegal block mission right at the only linebacker on the team with experience. and then they kept throwing right at that area to exploit. until that point in the game, you guys had exactly jack and sheite going for you.
oddly enough, a similar play happened against rice a few weeks earlier with your starter gettin the high hard one stuck in his taint.

anyway, its been 6 months since this happened and i am still furious. it was a chicken sheite play by a less than average player.

How can a team possibly be in a game for only one reason, and somehow score 45 points? That doesn't seem possible. Yes, Bradford had a great game, and yes, you had early leads, but compare his 3-quarter games stats with his fourth quarter stats. Texas dominated the pivotal 4th quarter on both lines of scrimmage. Our runners had lanes, the receivers made great catches, and we shut down your attack. Please disagree with this statement.

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 01:50 PM
really? dominating both lines of scrimmage? how is it that philly got sacked 4 times? and by the way, if you didn't notice, he got his arse beat down with stats too... 5 TDs 1 int (im not counting that bull**** 4th down throw into the endzone at the end of the game) not to mention the friggin interception in the end zone that got you guys 3 points instead of giving us the ball. cheating PHUCKERS..

Dude. We won the 4th quarter. You remember, the really important part of the game? Bradford faded. And speaking of ignoring reality, last time I checked, an interception is an interception. You can have you 5 TD's. I'll take the win. And we didn't cheat. Talk to the refs if you have a problem.

badger
4/6/2009, 01:55 PM
I like the idea of Tex@s now being Tex@sterisk... with an a instead of an @. Can this be the new modified name as opposed to the millions of stars?

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 01:57 PM
TexAgs found it:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1394454&forum_id=5

TheUnnamedSooner
4/6/2009, 02:09 PM
I like this

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2754/90/0/8327303/n8327303_53376210_608141.jpg

TopDawg
4/6/2009, 02:11 PM
Just wait til Maryland's basketball program gets a hold of this.

On Nov. 27, they beat Michigan State. On Feb. 21, they beat North Carolina.

http://espn.go.com/media/ncb/2002/0401/photo/a_williams1_ht.jpg *

starclassic tama
4/6/2009, 02:27 PM
i'm glad all our championships have trophies instead of asterisks...

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 02:37 PM
Dude. We won the 4th quarter. You remember, the really important part of the game? Bradford faded. And speaking of ignoring reality, last time I checked, an interception is an interception. You can have you 5 TD's. I'll take the win. And we didn't cheat. Talk to the refs if you have a problem.

It's still our trophy.

Jus' sayin.

badger
4/6/2009, 02:37 PM
If they were ever to christen Pez dispensers for coaches, Mack Brown's would dispense asterisk-shaped Pez... and you'd never have to refill.

OKLA21FAN
4/6/2009, 02:39 PM
PLAY LIKE AN * TODAY!!!!!!! :pop:

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 02:55 PM
And speaking of ignoring reality, last time I checked, an interception is an interception.
Keith Stanberry disagrees.

And we didn't cheat.

Neither did we.

TopDawg
4/6/2009, 03:12 PM

So does Lamont Robinson.

E-Town
4/6/2009, 03:37 PM
SPELLING FAIL

???

Funky G
4/6/2009, 03:38 PM
This just in: Texas Tech declined to post their asterisk. When asked why not Tech fans replied: "We beat Texas, but lost to OU, so we accept reality. We realize that is difficult in Austin...."

:)

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 03:45 PM

Neither did we.

I never claimed you did cheat. I just said we whupped you.

Soonerman08
4/6/2009, 03:59 PM
This just in: *Texas* Tech declined to post their asterisk. When asked why not Tech fans replied: "We beat *Texas*, but lost to OU, so we accept reality. We realize that is difficult in Austin...."

:)

:D

rainiersooner
4/6/2009, 03:59 PM
an interception is an interception.

Sometimes, an interception is an *.

OUDoc
4/6/2009, 04:01 PM
Sometimes a * looks like a bunghole.

Dio
4/6/2009, 04:15 PM
I never claimed you did cheat. I just said we whupped you.

And you never answered my question. If a 10 pt win is a "whuppin", what is a 52 pt win?

Dio
4/6/2009, 04:19 PM
Hey wait, we beat texas in '96- why don't we claim a B12 championship that year?

Oh yeah, because it's ghey.

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 04:41 PM
???

-isk, not -ick.

badger
4/6/2009, 04:46 PM
-isk, not -ick.

Dude, wasn't the point to spell the word wronk?!

Boomer.....
4/6/2009, 04:51 PM
Well at least they are going to do the right thing and remove it. (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-192/The-celebrated-asterisk-banner-is-coming-down.html)

I just received word from Texas assistant athletic director for media relations John Bianco that the school plans to remove a display in the team room inside the Moncrief-Neuhaus training facility that credited the school with a Big 12 title -- with an asterisk -- from last season.

Bianco explained in an e-mail that Texas coach Mack Brown wasn't aware of the 2008* on the Big 12 championship wall at the training facility and will have it fixed.

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 04:51 PM
Dude, wasn't the point to spell the word wronk?!

Not the way hee did it.

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 04:52 PM
Well at least they are going to do the right thing and remove it. (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-192/The-celebrated-asterisk-banner-is-coming-down.html)

They'll probably just remove the asterisk.

badger
4/6/2009, 04:58 PM
I think we should claim a championship based on the fact that our peer pressure got Texas to do something as adverse as being shamed into removing a championship :D

footballfanatic
4/6/2009, 05:19 PM
And you never answered my question. If a 10 pt win is a "whuppin", what is a 52 pt win?

Those were major whuppins indeed.

But we whupped you 3 out of 4 now, and we're gonna whup you again next year.

tigepilot
4/6/2009, 05:30 PM

Then you'll lose to OSU and we'll beat OSU creating another 3-way tie and we'll go ahead again because y*u still haven't figured out how to get a decent out of conference schedule. :)

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 05:38 PM
Bianco explained in an e-mail that ***Texas*** coach ***Mack*** Brown wasn't aware of the 2008* on the Big 12 championship wall at the training facility and will have it fixed.That is simply inconceivable.

soonerspudman
4/6/2009, 05:44 PM

Uh, dude:

OU - 2008 Big 12 Champions
UT - Not 2008 Big 12 Champions

fadada1
4/6/2009, 06:03 PM
Bianco explained in an e-mail that **Texas** coach **Mack** Brown wasn't aware of the 2008* on the Big 12 championship wall at the training facility and will have it fixed.
BULL SH*T!!!!

assuming this whole thing is actually true, you can't tell me that a control freak, like most D1 coaches (which apparently mack brown is one of), don't know EVERYTHING that is happening with their football team, program, facilities.

fadada1
4/6/2009, 06:10 PM
oh, and to the moderators, might i suggest that "texas" now be called the "asterisk nation" (or something to that effect- and so that when typed, be instantly changed for our viewing pleasure.

case in point:
1 - tebow
2 - lupica

fadada1
4/6/2009, 06:11 PM
i see that i'm too late - never mind. move along... nothing to see here.

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 06:20 PM
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah

Hey! That's pretty cool.

:O

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 06:25 PM
berry tramel

skip bayless

jason whitlock

Ok, I'm striking out on #2 here.

fadada1
4/6/2009, 06:38 PM
berry tramel

skip bayless

jason whitlock

Ok, I'm striking out on #2 here.

mike loopica

Soonerpsycho
4/6/2009, 06:56 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/bigasteriskchamps.jpg

TXBOOMER
4/6/2009, 07:00 PM
Dumba$$e$ you lost on a tiebreaker because TT beat you. You then hoped like a MFer we would beat Tech and Okie Lite to give you a chance, you then whined like little biotches because you lost the tiebreaker. And now this LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

TXBOOMER
4/6/2009, 07:05 PM

Even if you beat us again which is highly doubtful you losing pu$$ie$ will figure out a way to once again be Big 12 South runner-ups!

soonerfan28
4/6/2009, 07:44 PM
By Texas logic didn't we win the 2001 Big XII title?

cheezyq
4/6/2009, 08:02 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/bigasteriskchamps.jpg

Suh-weet! That's farking hilarious.

Bestbank Tiger
4/6/2009, 08:19 PM
Wow. The sips are a bunch of tools.

Claiming anything from last year reminds me of Ole Miss hanging a banner for SEC West Co-Champions in 2003. Except the sips have a crystal so wouldn't expect them to have penis envy.

Soonerpsycho
4/6/2009, 08:20 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/longhornasteriskhelmet.jpg

fadada1
4/6/2009, 08:39 PM
well done, psycho. well done.

on the ring as well.

OKLA21FAN
4/6/2009, 09:11 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/bigghurtt/tx_2008_big_elf2.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/bigghurtt/tx_2008_big_elf1.jpg

fadada1
4/6/2009, 09:24 PM
:D

journeyman
4/6/2009, 09:30 PM
Two things:

1. Has anyone checked the Switzer Center to make sure that some * tool hasn't thieved the trophy?
2. By * logic, shouldn't this mean that we have a bunch of Southwest Conference championships? If so, let's put em up on the board?

fadada1
4/6/2009, 09:31 PM
aggy may suck at football right now, but their fans are sure having a good time with this over at texags.com. about 10 threads going. good laughs.

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 09:51 PM
BCS Agenda

Audience: Mack Brown, Head Coach, University of Texas

8:00 am - Facilities management, including the monitoring of wall displays
10:00 am - Conference tie-breaker rules
1:00 pm - Computer algorithm training
2:00 pm - Questions and answers

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 09:54 PM
So who will get the blame? A janitor?

bluedogok
4/6/2009, 10:11 PM
honestly, i hope this is a misunderstanding. it's pretty embarrassing otherwise

so embarrassing, i'd probably buy a shirt if they made one
They exist, I have seen some of them down here.

Someone just told me something that I hadn't heard before, something about UT* threatening to leave the Big 12 after the whole fiasco last year?
As far as I am concerned they shouldn't let the door hit'em.....

Remember, to everyone else ANY OU loss is a blow-out, whuppin' or anything else they want to call it since it doesn't happen too often.

Collier11
4/6/2009, 10:32 PM
I used to have alot of respect for Mack and thought he got unfairly drilled for not winning any big games, now he still doesnt win any championships and he has become king crybaby

Seriously, 1st he cant figure out how the bcs works(derrrttt!), then he cant figure out how a 3 way tie works(derrrttt!) and now he cant figure out how a championship game crowns a champion. Give me a break!

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 11:04 PM
mike loopica

Mike Lupica

Ta Da!!!!

Wonders...simply, wonders.

Pricetag
4/6/2009, 11:54 PM
The real embarrassment is how we managed to lose to a coaching staff capable of this crap last year.

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 11:59 PM
Mack has proven that you don't have to be a rocket scientist (or computer scientist) to be a head coach.

TopDawg
4/7/2009, 12:26 AM
By *Texas* logic didn't we win the 2001 Big XII title?

2. By * logic, shouldn't this mean that we have a bunch of Southwest Conference championships? If so, let's put em up on the board?

Texas is saying that they beat both teams playing for the conference championship. In 2001, we beat Texas, but we didn't beat Colorado (they weren't on our schedule), so their "logic" doesn't apply. And the SWC never had a title game, so it doesn't apply there either.

Regardless, it doesn't make their logic any more logical or their championship claim any more believable. 'Cause by their logic (which is "If you've beaten both teams in the championship game, you should be the champion") a team could go 2-6 in conference and win the championship.

unbiasedtruth
4/7/2009, 01:10 AM
Mack Brown to 5 star recruit, "See that wall there Sonny Bob? It has all the Big XII Championships we have won in football here at Texas, 1996, 2005 & 2008."

5 star recruit to Mack Brown, "Sweet!! I want to see the 2008 trophy. Where is it at?"

Mack Brown to 5 star recruit, "Norman, Ok."

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2009, 02:46 AM
Placeholder.

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2009, 02:48 AM
OK, figured out a workaround to edit your thread title BRS.

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2009, 02:55 AM
Sometimes a * looks like a bunghole.

So it goes.

CincySooner
4/7/2009, 07:43 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/ernewburn/2008-star.jpg

badger
4/7/2009, 07:56 AM
Cincy, Adzillatron needs more ads.*

*Just kidding. Nicely done :D

Soonerpsycho
4/7/2009, 08:07 AM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/asterisktrophy.jpg

MrJimBeam
4/7/2009, 08:40 AM
The real embarrassment is how we managed to lose to a coaching staff capable of this crap last year.

Ain't that the truth.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/7/2009, 12:53 PM
in his spare time, mack brown enjoys carpentry.
http://stylecrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/asterisk-table-by-marc-praquin_1.jpg

Soonerpsycho
4/7/2009, 05:11 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/asteriskdenotesvinceyoung.jpg

Jacie
4/7/2009, 06:35 PM
I realize after 7+ pages of posts on this thread alone that just about anything that can be said about this has been said, but I find it incredible that the sa*et staff and their moronic fanbase continue to humiliate themselves over this one. Truly, to be l*ngh*rn means having no shame, none whatsoever, really!

First came the banner.

Then there was continued whining up till the Big XII CG.

On the eve of the balloting in the polls there was even more whining as the h*rns hoped that they could somehow cry their way into the BCS.

Now this?????

OMFG, when will it stop? They put the wh*re in h*rn with this latest proclamation that they are the 2008 Big XII Champions.

Even through orange tinted glasses you'd think they could see how utterly effing ridiculous they look to pretty much the rest of the football-viewing world.

It was and continues to be true . . .

sa*et fans = crybabies

bri
4/7/2009, 07:06 PM
Bianco explained in an e-mail that *Texas* coach *Mack* Brown wasn't aware of the 2008* on the Big 12 championship wall at the training facility and will have it fixed.

LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!!! GET 'EM!!!

Dio
4/7/2009, 09:25 PM
texas= asterisk aggie

bri
4/7/2009, 09:31 PM
Ford Frick called; he thinks that's the most retarded use of an asterisk ever.

MyT Oklahoma
4/7/2009, 11:49 PM
All of this merely goes to show that there really is a God and he's got a great sense of humor.

Leroy Lizard
4/8/2009, 09:59 AM
I realize after 7+ pages of posts on this thread alone that just about anything that can be said about this has been said, but I find it incredible that the sa*et staff and their moronic fanbase continue to humiliate themselves over this one. Truly, to be l*ngh*rn means having no shame, none whatsoever, really!

First came the banner.

Then there was continued whining up till the Big XII CG.

On the eve of the balloting in the polls there was even more whining as the h*rns hoped that they could somehow cry their way into the BCS.

Now this?????

You forgot Mack Brown scheduling training sessions on BCS rankings and computer algorithms.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/8/2009, 12:32 PM
Bianco explained in an e-mail that *Texas* coach *Mack* Brown wasn't aware of the 2008* on the Big 12 championship wall at the training facility and will have it fixed.

When Mack's done with coaching he should run for Mayor of New Orleans. He'll fit right in.

Readyfor8
4/8/2009, 12:52 PM
According to ESPN, Texas assistant coaches and Athletic Department people received bonuses for winning the BigXII last year. Mack Brown did not receive a bonus, he should complain because he clearly won the conference last year according to that number with an asterisk in the locker room.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4050161

ocsooner
4/8/2009, 01:17 PM
All of this merely goes to show that there really is a God and he's got a great sense of humor.

Amen brotha

Crucifax Autumn
4/9/2009, 01:49 AM
http://www.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-05/1516Poor-Asterisk.jpg

Heh..peem me if ya want a shirt..or peem vet

StoopTroup
4/9/2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.newsok.com/red-river-football-*Texas*-claims-big-12-championship-with-a/article/3359256

Also...I think we did a little more than just edge Tech out of it.

Stomping on someones spine and throwing them under the bus Home is a little more than edging them out IMO. :D

yermom
4/9/2009, 11:58 AM
Brown, however, did not receive a South title or Big 12 championship bonus, which together would’ve totaled $150,000.

that's kinda ****ty. i have no problem with them claiming the share of the South title

DMAFB_Sooner08
4/9/2009, 12:25 PM
Gameday should go ahead and announce they will be at this game in Dallas, and we should start working on sign ideas...

josh09
4/11/2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.newsok.com/red-river-football-*Texas*-claims-big-12-championship-with-a/article/3359256

How do you say "pathetic" in the texan language?

bri
4/11/2009, 10:54 PM
that's kinda ****ty. i have no problem with them claiming the share of the South title

Mack doesn't understand how bonuses work. He's scheduled a seminar with some guys from H&R Block this offseason to "get to the bottom of all this hooey".

IronHorseSooner
4/12/2009, 08:14 AM
Gameday should go ahead and announce they will be at this game in Dallas, and we should start working on sign ideas...

If this game isn't the most anticipated of the upcoming season, I have no idea what would be.

tigepilot
4/12/2009, 08:59 AM

Longhorn

Chi Gamma Blackness
4/16/2009, 10:08 PM

"*"

tommieharris91
4/16/2009, 10:10 PM
If this game isn't the most anticipated of the upcoming season, I have no idea what would be.

Ohio State-Michigan, duh.

bluedogok
4/26/2009, 10:01 PM
There were some good letters to the editor in today's Austin American Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/editorial/stories/04/26/0426letters_edit.html) about the Texas "secession".

I kinda liked this one.

As long as we are going to secede, let's divide into five countries, as permitted by Perry's interpretation of the Texas constitution. Zapata County in South Texas may want to be its own democracy. It would be the seventh-largest natural gas-producing country in the world and doesn't have to share with anyone. West Texas may also want to be separate so that it doesn't have to share its oil reserves.

And Travis County should be its own nation. We already have the Capitol complex, and the Longhorns would be national champions in everything every year. Every student who comes in from the rest of old Texas would have to pay out-of-state tuition. Then we could reduce in-state tuition for everyone in our new Travis Republic.

Ramon H. Dovalina

[email]

Austin

Desert Sapper
4/26/2009, 11:59 PM
Next year there shouldn't be a controversy or question regarding the Big XII South Championship.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/435/austinenglishsack.jpg

OUmillenium
4/27/2009, 09:31 AM
There wasn't any controversy this year, according to the rules.

Sooner70
4/28/2009, 06:06 AM
Football Fanatic:

Hey, Texas did win the 4th quarter. I was there. BUT guess what? They won the battle but lost the war. They still weren't Big 12 Champs. That honor goes only to the Oklahoma Sooners (again.). Also, Mack Brown is still a loser against Bob Stoops (4-6) at last count. Mack is getting better by virtue of his coaching experience at OU under The King & learning from the Master, Bob Stoops, but he's still not among the elite top five coaches in the US (check Rivals.com on that). Stoops is.

OU's second longest win streak (31) beats Texas' longest (30). Texas doesn't hold a candle to OU in NC's, Heismans, or any other measure. Heck, Texas wasn't even Texas State Champs last year....that title goes to Texas Tech.

If there's any truth to this asterisk thing, I'd think the Big 12 Commish would place a call to Clappin Mack or the UT President about it, but we've already found out how much backbone the Big 12 Commish had after the Oregon game of recent history.

Desert Sapper
5/2/2009, 02:23 PM
There wasn't any controversy this year, according to the rules.

I mean there won't be a tie. Everybody in the south will lose to the Sooners this year. Book it.