PDA

View Full Version : Porlier and his recent outings

Sooner74
4/6/2009, 03:21 PM
Do any of you see a chance of him getting a starting role in any part of the lineup this season? I don't want to sound overly critical, but he could be a perfect middle reliever for much of the season until we know his arm can handle the stress of lots of pitching over lots of time. I like this kid a bunch and think he can bring our program to a new level. With his 4 1/3 innings the other night, I am almost wary that, that is too much. What are your thoughts?

soonerguild
4/6/2009, 04:51 PM
74 i'm with you. He has been hurt for so long that I would rather have one good inning out of him when ever we need it than to over exert him and strain his arm again. I'm sure the coaches have a steady line of communication between themselves, Porlier, and the team doctors, but I'll say this, i'm gonna be nervous every time he is on the mound.

Sooner74
4/6/2009, 08:06 PM
No doubt, I want this kid on the mound.

jadubya
4/9/2009, 02:19 PM
Fellas.....I guarantee you that he will be starting sooner, no pun intended.....rather than later. The coaching staff has been bringing him along very deliberately. The kid is a starter......has the mental makeup of a starter......and, as we all know, was a Friday night Big 12 stud prior to injury.

If our hitting maintains some semblance of its current pace....AND our pitching comes around......we are gonna be tough.

Sooner24
4/10/2009, 01:27 PM
Paper said he is going to start Saturday against Tech.

Collier11
4/10/2009, 01:30 PM
He is starting tommorrow and will be #2 all year

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2009, 01:40 PM
This is a GREAT move by the staff keeping Doyle on Fridays. Doyle has really come into his own as of late, and Porlier can play shut down on Saturdays setting up for a big run game on Sundays. Smart move by the staff and things are getting more promising.

Sooner74
4/11/2009, 03:45 AM
Wow, huge news. Wish I was there to see him start. Easter just came on the wrong weekend this year. Pun intended.