PDA

View Full Version : **X-Man Miller Takes Zona Job**

Lott's Bandana
4/6/2009, 02:20 PM
According to ESPN.

Going with a successful mid-major (Xavier) guy. Might be a good idea.

;)

badger
4/6/2009, 02:33 PM
Now that there is no threat of Capel leaving, I'm not gonna sugar coat it for Zona - our coach is better than your coach. Our coaching search from a few years ago was better than your coaching search now. When we meet head to head, the "somewhere, someone is practicing" basketball parable comes to mind. When it comes time to etching names in stone, contracting artists to bronze statues, hanging banners in the rafters and nominating dudes for the hall of fame, we will have more stones to etch, more statues to bronze, more banners to hang and more dudes to hall of fame.

:D Because we're Oklahoma and you're not.

Sooner74
4/6/2009, 03:29 PM
Let the guy prove himself. We are completely independent of that institution. Not long ago we weren't all that great and many questioned the Capel hiring because he hadn't proven himself. I know Arizona was reaching, but they could have found gold in the coal mine. You never know?

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2009, 03:31 PM
Personally, I don't think Miller is a reach at all. He's done a great job continuing what Matta started. That's a good, solid hire.

Sooner74
4/6/2009, 04:05 PM
Personally, I don't think Miller is a reach at all. He's done a great job continuing what Matta started. That's a good, solid hire.

I was more or less talking about the fact they couldn't land their first guys on the board. Not necessarily in talent.