PDA

View Full Version : $64K? I'm sending in $20 on Courtney's behalf.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/5/2009, 08:36 PM
I know it's not much. And what little donations I've made have gone to football annually. But Courtney, regardless of whether her guarantee was foolhardy or not, has given so much, been so selfless, been such a great ambassador of the university, I am not comfortable with her having to kill herself over the next 5-10 years to pay back $64K in scholarship. She already EARNED every cent.

Hell, what was women's bb attendance "BC" (Before Courtney) and what is it now... "AD" (After Domination!).

And I'm sending a note to Mr. Castiglione along these lines with the money.

Feel free to do the same if you care about Sooners athletics and the contributions of these young people.

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 08:48 PM
I think coach stoops could pay it off.......

OUAlumni1990
4/5/2009, 08:49 PM
word

Collier11
4/5/2009, 08:52 PM
I am not comfortable with her having to kill herself over the next 5-10 years to pay back $64K in scholarship. She already EARNED every cent.

Im pretty sure Ou has already said they wont accept her scholarship money back, somewhere down the line im sure she will make a donation to OU and that will suffice

soonerboy_odanorth
4/5/2009, 09:09 PM
Yet... no reason not to give on her behalf if you've got some change. Might mean just one book for one athlete on the Wrestling or Soccer teams.... but it adds up. And btw, you cynical little fellers you, Bob does donate back to the University...early and often. And his involvement in philanthropy in the greater Oklahoma community isn't up for debate. Got $10 you were going to spend on the powerball? Just once, send it to OU.

It adds up.

tommieharris91
4/5/2009, 09:36 PM
Someday, whenever I get a job and a career started, my first $2000 will be split evenly between the basketball teams. I like the job Capel and Coale are doing here.

MamaMia
4/5/2009, 09:50 PM
We were robbed.

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2009, 09:58 PM
We were robbed.

Yeah, by our Guards; the officiating was not the issue here

Collier11
4/5/2009, 10:03 PM
the 2nd half showed what has consistently happened to us under Sherri Coale, we forget how to throw the ball to our girls

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2009, 10:17 PM
the 2nd half showed what has consistently happened to us under Sherri Coale, we forget how to throw the ball to our girls

Yup, and the sad part of it is most of those turnovers were just plain old carelessness with the ball

nighttrain12
4/5/2009, 10:41 PM
Courtney can pay it off herself with her first WNBA paycheck.

I have no need to help her out, I wouldn't have made the promise myself, it sets a bad precedent. She earned her education if she studied hard, it has nothing to do with wins and losses.

caesarscott
4/5/2009, 10:49 PM
Courtney can pay it off herself with her first WNBA paycheck.

I have no need to help her out, I wouldn't have made the promise myself, it sets a bad precedent. She earned her education if she studied hard, it has nothing to do with wins and losses.average rookie salary is 35k. she'll get more than that, but she may have to move back in with Bubba

JLEW1818
4/5/2009, 11:15 PM
lol...

Leroy Lizard
4/6/2009, 12:28 AM
Someday, whenever I get a job and a career started, my first $2000 will be split evenly between the basketball teams.

If you are a Sooner grad, why not give it to your major department? They had a lot more to do with you getting a career than the athletic department.

bri
4/6/2009, 12:29 AM
I guess Bubba could sell one of his Super Bowl rings to help pay it back, but that may not be a good idea. Rings are a rare commodity in the Paris household. :D

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2009, 12:36 AM
I guess Bubba could sell one of his Super Bowl rings to help pay it back, but that may not be a good idea. Rings are a rare commodity in the Paris household. :D

Well, their average rings per person is higher than it at my house...

badger
4/6/2009, 06:34 AM
average rookie salary is 35k. she'll get more than that, but she may have to move back in with Bubba

Of course, that's not an entire year's salary, but just a season, because the WNBA is seasonal (when the NBA is on vacation), so she could probably get more money from an overseas league too.

Collier11
4/6/2009, 08:48 AM
I think women pro basketball players make the majority of their money overseas if im not mistaken

8timechamps
4/6/2009, 09:10 AM
WAIT!

There's still womens pro basketball in America?

badger
4/6/2009, 09:18 AM
WAIT!

:mad: your mother plays in it.

;)

Ton Loc
4/6/2009, 02:06 PM
WAIT!

Must hold back... too many jokes to be made in this thread...don't want any of the women posters making me inst-red. (see badger) :D

Readyfor8
4/6/2009, 04:55 PM
Use the extra donation money to build her statue when she wins the Wooden Award in a week.

badger
4/6/2009, 05:11 PM
Must hold back... too many jokes to be made in this thread...don't want any of the women posters making me inst-red. (see badger) :D

We no can dunk, but good fundamentals. That more fun to watch. [/futurama]

SbOrOiNaEnR
4/6/2009, 06:09 PM
If you are a Sooner grad, why not give it to your major department? They had a lot more to do with you getting a career than the athletic department.

Speak for yourself...I have an OU Journalism degree. :D

All_Day_28
4/7/2009, 12:26 PM
As sad as it was for me to see our girls lose like that, I honestly don't think we were going to beat Uconn. I'm still proud of them.