PDA

View Full Version : My Poke Father

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 01:07 PM
He went to the local graphic design/print shop yesterday to have them design and apply a new logo thing on the front door of his clinic (with his name, hours, etc.). Well, he chose burnt orange as the color. He did this because he's an OSU grad, but I told him that OSU is more for a dark neon sorta orange and not burnt orange. I tried telling him that if he has a burnt orange logo on his door then everyone is going to associate it with UT and in my hometown that's a really really bad idea.

Anyway, he fails to see the ****storm coming down the pike with that burnt orange door.

walkoffsooner
4/3/2009, 01:24 PM
he may just want to raise a little hell.

OhU1
4/3/2009, 01:43 PM
I have an Aggie dad too. When he was the administator at a state agency he had some of their logo, letterhead, and materials designed with what came close to OSU colors. He has lived in Norman for 35 years but he is still an Aggie. Most Aggies I know who live in Norman eventually get tired of rooting for a loser and come over to the right side.

badger
4/3/2009, 03:37 PM
While my roots are in Wisconsin, my deeper roots are in Oklahoma, where my grandfather became one of the only members (possibly the first) of his farmer family to stray from the typical life and attend college --- at Oklahoma A&M. His dream was to be a radio operator rather than a farmer like the rest of his family.

He did achieve this and worked late into his life because he loved it so much. Unfortunately, he didn't get time for much else after retirement, because it was (I am told, I was fairly young) health problems that forced him into retirement and thus, health problems plagued his retirement.

His love of new technology skipped a generation (I'm still telling mom how to operate computers and the DVD player and such) and went directly to my brother and I. However, we did not follow our grandfather's footsteps to Stillwater. We both went to Norman :D

4/4/2009, 01:02 AM
I can't think of a more uncomfortable headline.

StoopTroup
4/4/2009, 10:21 AM
Once his practice is in the crapper...you'll probably have to transfer and finish up your schoolin' in Stoolwater. :D

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2009, 10:44 AM
Once his practice is in the crapper...you'll probably have to transfer and finish up your schoolin' in Stoolwater. :D

Bingo.