PDA

View Full Version : So, what REALLY IS the Soetoro agenda?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/3/2009, 11:54 AM
Column today by Charles Krauthammer in Wash. Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/02/AR2009040203287.html

KC//CRIMSON
4/3/2009, 12:12 PM
How was the vacation?

Oh? Too soon?

SoonerProphet
4/3/2009, 12:15 PM
Like he has any credibility lecturing someone on "[B]izarre and constitutionally suspect" interventions. The dude loves big macho governments and I wouldn't trust him as far as he could walk.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 12:51 PM
Like he has any credibility lecturing someone on "[B]izarre and constitutionally suspect" interventions. The dude loves big macho governments and I wouldn't trust him as far as he could walk.

Bingo. Bingo. Bingo.

Krauthammer is a conservative charlatan.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 12:57 PM
duh
someone else to plan for and live their lives.

And how is this any different than the last 4 years? If I listed all of the unconstitutional acts the GOP perpetuated on the Federal level since at least 1998 but certainly since '01 then I'd be here all day long.

The American people want big government, regardless of party, and they deserve everything they get as the Republic continues to rot dead in the coffin its been stuck in for a very very long time now.

Obama is what he is, a liberal. He's never claimed to be otherwise. I can't fault him for that. I can, however, fault so called conservatives who are barely watered down counterparts to their liberal friends.

At most there are barely a dozen legitimate conservatives in Federally elected office today and only 2 maybe 3 in the Senate.

SoonerTroll
4/3/2009, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600566]And how is this any different than the last 4 years? If I listed all of the unconstitutional acts the GOP perpetuated on the Federal level since at least 1998 but certainly since '01 then I'd be here all day long.

[QUOTE]

List them hot shot... I bet we won't be her all day.

Condescending Sooner
4/3/2009, 03:13 PM
He can't. He has finally been in college so long that the liberal professors have gotten to him.

He will be singing Obama's praises in a few weeks.

tommieharris91
4/3/2009, 03:48 PM
He's going to start with the Patriot Act and FEMA and how those are broad breaches of the Executive Powers granted by the Constitution.

4/3/2009, 03:49 PM
Although this is a good and maybe very good article by Krauthammer, I agree that he is not consistent as a conservative. I've seen stuff he's written and/or said that smacks of love for Big Government, too. Somebody might want to look it up.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600566]And how is this any different than the last 4 years? If I listed all of the unconstitutional acts the GOP perpetuated on the Federal level since at least 1998 but certainly since '01 then I'd be here all day long.

[QUOTE]

List them hot shot... I bet we won't be her all day.

Alright.

Starting out in his first term....Nearly (but not all) every Constitutional violation was a violation of the separation of state/Federal power and text-book examples of neoconservative "Big Government Conservatism" that
The Partial Birth Abortion ban was a violation of the 10th amendment and the right of states to craft their own domestic policy in regard to the issue of abortion and any other public policy issue that isn't a clear and enumerated power of the Federal government. I am pro-life, but laws restricting abortion should be done the right way and Republicans who violate their oath of office to pursuit their own agenda is unconscionable.

His Faith-Based initiative is another fine example. It's not just a violation of the separation of church and state, but what business does the government have in supporting charities? I must have missed the part of the Constitution that gave the government the right to pick and choose charitable causes (religious or otherwise) and give them money. As far as I am concerned, charity is a private not public issue and if government does get involved it should be on the state (unless barred from doing so by their own state Constitution) or local level.

No Child Left Behind is probably the very best example of Big Government conservatism. Here you have an excellent idea of imposing standards on school districts. The problem is that the Feds should have absolutely NO role in either setting local education standards (this should be left mostly to the local school board and to a lesser degree the state) or giving out Federal tax money to local school districts. Why the flying **** should I be expected to pay for a crack infested training prison/school in Harlem?

And then we have the FMA in which the same argument against the PBAB can be applied. Why on this great God's green Earth should the Feds involve themselves with marriage or issues of homosexuality? GEEZUS, you talk about nanny-state government run amok. When the Federal government decides who should get married and what should go on in your private bedroom then the foundation of our Republic is rotten to the core.

And then there's the, how much was it, $50 billion dollars of aid to Africa? AID TO AFRICA!? WTF? Our President and Government is responsible for the people of these United States and the United States alone. I detest all foreign aid, but billions to Africa? That continent is a disease infest **** hole.

I could go on...the Medicare Prescription Drug program almost had me grabbing a pitchfork and torch and heading to the White House.

As for the 2nd term foreign policy ****. I have no problem spying on terrorists in any shape form or fashion unless of course it takes place without a court order WITHIN the United States or involves a citizen without a court order. As long as it isn't domestic and a citizen isn't involved then I have no problem with the spying issues.

I have a lot of other problems with his foreign policy, but those aren't constitutional issues as far as I'm concerned.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 04:42 PM
He can't. He has finally been in college so long that the liberal professors have gotten to him.

He will be singing Obama's praises in a few weeks.

Heh, you're out of your mind. I am, with no doubt, the most conservative person you'll ever meet or speak to.

I make Reagan look like a dangerous left-wing fanatic.

Condescending Sooner
4/3/2009, 05:13 PM
You negged me for making a statement about liberals and rail against the GOP. What am I supposed to believe?

Curly Bill
4/3/2009, 05:18 PM
You negged me for making a statement about liberals and rail against the GOP. What am I supposed to believe?

SicEm negged ya? If so I'll replace whatever he took away. :D

4/3/2009, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=SoonerTroll;2600597][QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600566]And how is this any different than the last 4 years? If I listed all of the unconstitutional acts the GOP perpetuated on the Federal level since at least 1998 but certainly since '01 then I'd be here all day long.

Alright.

Starting out in his first term....Nearly (but not all) every Constitutional violation was a violation of the separation of state/Federal power and text-book examples of neoconservative "Big Government Conservatism" that
The Partial Birth Abortion ban was a violation of the 10th amendment and the right of states to craft their own domestic policy in regard to the issue of abortion and any other public policy issue that isn't a clear and enumerated power of the Federal government. I am pro-life, but laws restricting abortion should be done the right way and Republicans who violate their oath of office to pursuit their own agenda is unconscionable.

His Faith-Based initiative is another fine example. It's not just a violation of the separation of church and state, but what business does the government have in supporting charities? I must have missed the part of the Constitution that gave the government the right to pick and choose charitable causes (religious or otherwise) and give them money. As far as I am concerned, charity is a private not public issue and if government does get involved it should be on the state (unless barred from doing so by their own state Constitution) or local level.

No Child Left Behind is probably the very best example of Big Government conservatism. Here you have an excellent idea of imposing standards on school districts. The problem is that the Feds should have absolutely NO role in either setting local education standards (this should be left mostly to the local school board and to a lesser degree the state) or giving out Federal tax money to local school districts. Why the flying **** should I be expected to pay for a crack infested training prison/school in Harlem?

And then we have the FMA in which the same argument against the PBAB can be applied. Why on this great God's green Earth should the Feds involve themselves with marriage or issues of homosexuality? GEEZUS, you talk about nanny-state government run amok. When the Federal government decides who should get married and what should go on in your private bedroom then the foundation of our Republic is rotten to the core.

And then there's the, how much was it, $50 billion dollars of aid to Africa? AID TO AFRICA!? WTF? Our President and Government is responsible for the people of these United States and the United States alone. I detest all foreign aid, but billions to Africa? That continent is a disease infest **** hole.

I could go on...the Medicare Prescription Drug program almost had me grabbing a pitchfork and torch and heading to the White House.

As for the 2nd term foreign policy ****. I have no problem spying on terrorists in any shape form or fashion unless of course it takes place without a court order WITHIN the United States or involves a citizen without a court order. As long as it isn't domestic and a citizen isn't involved then I have no problem with the spying issues.

I have a lot of other problems with his foreign policy, but those aren't constitutional issues as far as I'm concerned.Good post, and correct, for the most part. But, you know as well as we all do that whatever Bush and the Washingtonized republicans came up with, it is but child's play compared to the complete criminal assault on America that the democrats are now performing, and yes, enough people voted for it to put them in control of our wonderful country, for whatever convoluted reasons.

Frozen Sooner
4/3/2009, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=SoonerTroll;2600597][QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600566]And how is this any different than the last 4 years? If I listed all of the unconstitutional acts the GOP perpetuated on the Federal level since at least 1998 but certainly since '01 then I'd be here all day long.

Alright.

I have a lot of other problems with his foreign policy, but those aren't constitutional issues as far as I'm concerned.

That didn't take NEARLY all day.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 06:05 PM

Probably because you were wrong. What was the statement?

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600661][QUOTE=SoonerTroll;2600597]Good post, and correct, for the most part. But, you know as well as we all do that whatever Bush and the Washingtonized republicans came up with, it is but child's play compared to the complete criminal assault on America that the democrats are now performing, and yes, enough people voted for it to put them in control of our wonderful country, for whatever convoluted reasons.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Bush helped open the door to all of this buy using the government to bailout financial institutions. Obama has the EXACT same principles just a larger dollar amount in mind.

Also, I wouldn't consider some of the largest expansions of Federal power since the Great Society (NCLB, Medicare Prescription Drug Program, etc.) to be "Child's Play." You need to learn that one is just as bad as the other as far as principles go -- the only difference is in the dollar amount not the ideology.

Curly Bill
4/3/2009, 06:11 PM
SicEm you did what the libs on here do, try to justify what Brack is doing by telling us that Bushy was a ****-up. OK, we all know that Bush was a ****-up, but that doesn't OK the road that Brack is taking us down.

tommieharris91
4/3/2009, 06:13 PM
SicEm you did what the libs on here do, try to justify what Brack is doing by telling us that Bushy was a ****-up. OK, we all know that Bush was a ****-up, but that doesn't OK the road that Brack is taking us down.

I took his shpeil as him saying that both of them are ****-ups.

Curly Bill
4/3/2009, 06:15 PM
I took his shpeil as him saying that both of them are ****-ups.

Yup, but reminding us Bush was a ****-up doesn't earn Brack a free pass, though that's what the board libs seem to want.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 06:15 PM
SicEm you did what the libs on here do, try to justify what Brack is doing by telling that Bushy was a ****-up. OK, we all know that Bush was a ****-up, but that doesn't OK the road that Brack is taking us down.

Oh, I know and agree. I'm not giving Obama a pass by any means. Just don't act like the alternative is as clean as the freshly fallen snow.

The difference is that I've been consistently pointing this crap out for years with Bush and the reasons why he is absolutely no conservative while "conservatives" tried every which way to defend the indefensible. Now that the President is liberal they're suddenly bitching about the very things Obama is doing that Bush did (to varying degrees) through his 8 years.

My point here is that most so-called conservatives are hypocrites. If they were principled and correct in their ideology then they'd be saying the same things now they should have been saying for the last 8 years. But they're not, it's like all of a sudden they're discovering the evils of Big Government when we've had nothing but Big Government for the last 10 years.

The last attempt to curtail the size of the government was the Contract with America and everything since then has been a ceaseless expansion of Federal power perpetuated, equally, between Republicans and Democrats.

I'm not giving ANYONE who believes in Federal power a pass.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 06:19 PM
On the flip side, liberals showed themselves over the last 8 years to be totally and utterly irrational in their hate for Bush. In fact, they should have been cheering a lot of what he did. Do you think a GOP Congress would have given a Democrat that big an expansion of the Medicare program? Good God no they wouldn't. It took a liberal Republican to do it.

Liberals were so blinded by the forest of Bush's agenda that they lost sight of the individual trees/proposals. He had a lot of good stuff for the left. They let their hatred for the guy cloud their judgment and realize they were getting things they'd never get from a split party government.

Curly Bill
4/3/2009, 06:19 PM
I don't know if Bush knew he was acting like a liberal or not -- he may have been too stupid to realize it, but he sure as hell was no conservative -- that I can totally agree on.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 06:23 PM
I don't know if Bush knew he was acting like a liberal or not -- he may have been too stupid to realize it, but he sure as hell was no conservative -- that I can totally agree on.

Bush is essentially a good man who either didn't understand the true principles of conservatism or didn't care. His whole "compassionate conservatism" thing leads me to believe that he knew and didn't care. He didn't believe that ideology should stand in the way of helping people and doing what he thought was right. That's why you had him throwing billions of dollars to Africa, expanding medicare, NCLB, etc.

Bush is not a bad man and certainly not evil. I also don't believe he was stupid -- I think he's a highly intelligent guy and I respect the fact that he was trying to help people but I don't respect what he did to the nation, to conservatism, to the Republican Party, and to the Constitution.

Vaevictis
4/3/2009, 06:54 PM
Liberals were so blinded by the forest of Bush's agenda that they lost sight of the individual trees/proposals.

Heh, some of us just loathe incompetence.

Also, he completely destroyed the one redeeming factor the Republican party ever had for me -- which is to say, some semblance of fiscal responsibility.

(While I don't mind the government spending money on health care, for example, I don't think we should embark on a national health care program if we're not willing to pay for it. At the same time, I don't think we should fund a war on a deficit unless it's necessary -- which it wasn't.)

4/3/2009, 07:00 PM
Bush is essentially a good man who either didn't understand the true principles of conservatism or didn't care. His whole "compassionate conservatism" thing leads me to believe that he knew and didn't care. He didn't believe that ideology should stand in the way of helping people and doing what he thought was right. That's why you had him throwing billions of dollars to Africa, expanding medicare, NCLB, etc.

Bush is not a bad man and certainly not evil. I also don't believe he was stupid -- I think he's a highly intelligent guy and I respect the fact that he was trying to help people but I don't respect what he did to the nation, to conservatism, to the Republican Party, and to the Constitution.BEST POST of your SO career!

4/3/2009, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!;2600682][QUOTE=SicEmBaylor;2600661]

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Bush helped open the door to all of this buy using the government to bailout financial institutions. Obama has the EXACT same principles just a larger dollar amount in mind.

Also, I wouldn't consider some of the largest expansions of Federal power since the Great Society (NCLB, Medicare Prescription Drug Program, etc.) to be "Child's Play." You need to learn that one is just as bad as the other as far as principles go -- the only difference is in the dollar amount not the ideology.You need to remember that I and many other board conservatives DID criticize the things Bush and the republican controlled congress did wrong. Nobody ever gave him a pass on those issues, especially all the idiotic bailout stuff there at the end of his administration. Many of us railed against McCain, too, knowing that he is a not a conservative, either. But, we spent most of our board time warning against the complete abrogation of practically all things American should Hillary or Barry get into office. We have a rough 4 yrs ahead of us.