PDA

View Full Version : Big XII players that must show improvement

badger
4/2/2009, 01:34 PM
OK, who's been slacking around our league that hasn't liven up to their hype and potential and will likely bust come NFL workout days and draft day if he doesn't shape up soon?

Any extreme disappointments? Any lost potential due to injury?

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 02:13 PM
Xavier Luvs Krispy kreme....

badger
4/2/2009, 04:05 PM
This bored be ded :(

NYC Poke
4/2/2009, 04:23 PM
Lawrence Phillips?

goingoneight
4/2/2009, 04:33 PM
Cody Hawkins and Darrell Scott come to mind. One reeks of "coaches son" favoritism and the other was supposedly the end-all greatest high school RB going into CU.
Jerrod Johnson at aTm
Anyone tabbed "running back" at UT
Anyone tabbed "defense" outside of Norman and Austin

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 05:26 PM
Damn it goingoneight you stole mine. UT backfield. You guys have been missin for quite some time now. You might think of recruiting someone who isn't listed at QB to be the RB.

King Crimson
4/2/2009, 05:34 PM
i'll go off the board and say "defense at Missouri". if you want to stay a top 15 team, it's time to man up and stop someone.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/2/2009, 05:41 PM
cody hawkins isn't draftable no matter what he does...if that's the premise of the thread...

If your talking guys that should be NFLers, its hard to tell now...Darrell Scott is a good choice...Jerrod Johnson is going to have to tighten up his throwing motion...

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 05:43 PM
Richetti Jones at OSU. Highly ranked and he's looking more like XLK. I know he had a serious injury comin out of HS but he has sucked ***. I think he's RS-Soph now.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/2/2009, 05:46 PM
Thats a good one too....I think with him its more than injury....its the thought he dominated in high school football and he could just step out on a college field and do the same...little work ethic issue...he may have resolved that by now

kangsta
4/2/2009, 05:50 PM
Eddie Jones, Texas DE. 5* recruit who hasn't made much of an impact yet, but he'll only be a junior this year. I think he's been injured at times, though.

Agree on the Texas backfield.

Blitzkrieg
4/2/2009, 09:22 PM
Casey Studdard

fadada1
4/2/2009, 09:47 PM
Casey Studdard

who?

OUstud
4/3/2009, 03:23 AM
who?

Kasey Studdard?

Jacie
4/3/2009, 06:39 AM
Anyone tabbed "running back" at UT

Let's put some names to this.

Three of saxet's top four RB's in 2008 return for this season and you'd think they would do something to take the load off Pony Boy (136 rushes for 561 yards):

Vondrell McGee - 88 rushes for 376 yards
Cody Johnson - 76 rushes for 338 yards
Foswhitt Whitaker - 64 rushes for 284 yards

goingoneight
4/3/2009, 08:49 AM
Just to be fair and serious... senior TE Brody Eldridge is everything you want for size, toughness and a punishing blocker, but in the NFL he won't get any looks until he improves as a receiver.

badger
4/3/2009, 08:57 AM
If your talking guys that should be NFLers, its hard to tell now...

I was actually copycatting the coaches thread, because not everything should fall on coaches. NFL or not, some players around our conference collect their Pell Grants and free room, board, tuition and authentic Nike gear, then do nothing on the field come gameday.

I agree on Cody Hawkins, but it's possible that they just can't get a better QB... or better players to surround him. However, it's time he starts putting up before people start haggling him for be daddy's boy.

soonerfan28
4/3/2009, 09:49 AM
Just to be fair and serious... senior TE Brody Eldridge is everything you want for size, toughness and a punishing blocker, but in the NFL he won't get any looks until he improves as a receiver.

Then maybe they need to work him as a long snapper.

fadada1
4/3/2009, 06:12 PM
Kasey Studdard?

i say again... who?

oh, never mind.
;)